Author Topic: 7 pounds by the end of January  (Read 2750 times)

tomq04

• Stubble
7 pounds by the end of January
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
That's it!  I'm proud of myself for surviving the holiday season, the prior 2 years I hit 195 (i only hit 187!)before turning the tides back to my summer weight of 175.  Unfortunately for my wife I start snoring at 180 and she is having a hard enough time sleeping being pregnant and a 2 year old that seems to get up at least once/night.  I'm losing 7 pounds in the next 21 days.  Don't have too much time for exercise as I have a CPA exam coming Feb 1, but I sure can cut out sugar and reduce calories to hit the goal. 

Anyone else have short term weight goals?

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
Re: 7 pounds by the end of January
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 02:09:04 PM »
7 pounds by the end of January would be absolutely fantastic for me!  I would be very happy even with just 4-5 ;-)

The question is how???

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:21:31 PM »
The question is how???

Run a calorie deficit of over 1k per day...

That's a pretty short timeframe to lose that much healthily/permanently, but whatever floats your boat

I also bet you wouldn't snore if you were 180+ with more muscle. Just something to keep in mind for when you do have time for exercise.

jba302

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:21:57 PM »
7 pounds by the end of January would be absolutely fantastic for me!  I would be very happy even with just 4-5 ;-)

The question is how???

Jump rope, vinyl suit, dry sauna... or hot tub if you can stand it long enough. Should be down that much by the end of the night.

NumberCruncher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
I did like 10 pounds in a few days around New Year's...stomach flu will do that to you.  :(

That's a pretty short timeframe to lose that much healthily/permanently, but whatever floats your boat

I also bet you wouldn't snore if you were 180+ with more muscle. Just something to keep in mind for when you do have time for exercise.

7 pounds over a month is somewhat aggressive, but not aggressive enough to be unreasonable. The rule of thumb for whatever reason is usually around 2 pounds a week being a maximum. That, or 1% of weight (possibly more), making 7 pounds in a month right about on target for tomq04

http://www.healthscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=550:healthy-rate-of-weight-loss&catid=102:jeff-novicks-blog&Itemid=267

As I'm already on a plan to lose weight, I'll commit to 7 pounds in a month. :)

Being unfortunately above 200 (for my build and height, etc - not healthy), this should hypothetically be easier for me.

tomq04

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 03:57:56 PM »
The prior 2 years right around this time I hopped on the scale and saw 195, and by the end of March (~10 weeks) if would finally be down to 180, and 175 would roll around in another 8 weeks at the end of May.

Diet alone would get me to 180, exercise was needed for the last 5-10 pounds down to 170 (which i have never hit... grrr).

Eat. Good. Food.! 

That's as simple as it gets, it works for men at least. 

MakingSenseofCents

• Bristles
    • Making Sense of Cents
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 04:15:53 PM »
Good luck! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by May. I plan on doing this by exercising more and eating better.