Author Topic: 40 days without chocolat or your own addiction  (Read 8926 times)

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 40 days without chocolat or your own addiction
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2015, 01:05:47 AM »
All is well. Got home from Belgium without a gram of chocolate, and survived the weekend. The girls are missing their candy, but not overly much.

Glad we didn't set the target to high. Avoiding all sugar sounds like a very big goal.

kander

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 03:30:44 AM »
I'm out. Caved and caved hard. Ate a lot of sugar. Loved it.

Instead of focusing on absolutely no sugar ever, I'm just going to keep focusing on eating as healthfully as I can - which sometimes means a little sugar, but generally means very little processed foods at all.

+1

Really? What happened? Are you calling it quits too or starting over?

I went to a housekeeping fair and bought chocolate with the thought that I would keep it for when the 40 days were over. But the temptation was too big :(

But I've found a new challenge for myself: less internet :)

CaribbeanMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
Happy Day #22! If it only takes 21 days to form a habit then I'm a converted vegetarian! Not really, but enjoying the extra energy.

This week was harder than ever not to reach for a glass of wine. Vacation (all you can drink), bachelor/ bachelorette party (shots), baby shower (toast), birth of a child (cigar and a shot of whiskey).  Didn't realize how much booze was part of our social life.

Thankful for this post to keep me accountable.

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:12 PM »
No personal internet use before 4pm on workdays, except banking.
No lite (mindless) reading. 

I got rid of home internet/cable in January so the above should more or less take care of all time-wasting in my life.

Things are going well, aside from one day when I forgot about no internet before 4pm for a couple hours.  I also feel like this cutting back on time/energy leeches is becoming habit and giving me extra energy. 

Kander just because you messed up a little doesn't mean you can't jump right back in :)  but less internet is also a great goal.

No-stache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 04:07:53 PM »
I'm in for ice cream. I've not had any all year thus far.

I did have a cup of sherbert at employee appreciation day.

I also make my own mock "ice cream" with frozen bananas. I don't count that though. It's entirely made of bananas and doesn't have added sugar...unless I add chocolate chips. :)

duellingbanjos

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
I'll join. I'll abstain from peanut butter and sugar-free sweets. Peanut butter because I have absolutely no control over my consumption of that substance, and sugar-free sweets because I tend to stress-eat these and then suffer the gastro consequences..

Is it 40 days counting sundays or no?

CaribbeanMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2015, 07:27:11 AM »
This challenge was done mainly for Lent, but it works during the rest of the year. Some of us abstained on Sundays. I didn't because the "stop and start" method doesn't work for me.

The end result for me, was cutting down on soda. No longer reach for a coke when other options are available. If I do, it's no more than 4 ounces and drinking more water.

Will join you both and abstain from buying coffee in the morning. The savings would be nominal.  I'm addicted to the social part of chatting with the regulars. Could use that time to check up on a friend or relative.

Good luck to you meredith1629 and duellingbanjos!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!