Author Topic: 30-day purchase wait for 2019  (Read 7623 times)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
30-day purchase wait for 2019
« on: December 10, 2018, 05:06:02 PM »
I found the No Gazingus Pin in 2018 gauntlet really useful to make me more mindful about certain parts of my spending. This challenge is to think more critically about all my spending.

With the exception of grocery shopping, I am throwing down the gauntlet to wait 30 days for any purchases. This includes
- Books
- Any non-food items at Aldi [haha this should wipe out this entire spending category]
- Online purchases [goodbye Ebay]
- Secondhand clothing [I have enough!]

New rule
- Exception for necessary toiletries but the old one MUST be all used up before I buy the replacement. [I have a backlog to work through]

I will add all desired purchases and dates to a new reply and provide outcome/updates.

My goal is to remove FOMO but not deny myself actual necessary spending. Who is in?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:59:58 PM by mspym »

remizidae

• Bristles
Re: 30-day purchase wait for 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 05:49:13 PM »
You might want to make an exception for necessary toiletries...I wouldn't want to go 30 days without deodorant or toothpaste. That said, good idea!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
You might want to make an exception for necessary toiletries...I wouldn't want to go 30 days without deodorant or toothpaste. That said, good idea!

Good point! It will need to be an exception where I buy ONCE the item is used up because I currently have a bit of a skincare horde caused by buying a replacement before I had completely run out and then the last part of the old one lasts *forever*

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 01:22:27 PM »
LOL - about the 30-day wait for non-food purchases at Aldi - that's a moratorium:)
I just look at the flyer and if they have something I want or need I decide beforehand whether I will purchase it or not.
My rule is that it has to be on my list.

All in all those Aldi specials have actually benefitted our budget. The best part is if you can snag an item after they marked it down, but I've actually seen people fight over the last seat cushion or the once a year gazebo special.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »
I'm in! My oldest is going to college in fall 2019, so I'm sure there will be some urgent needs when we move him in, but also there is an urgent need to reduce our spending to cashflow his education. I will probably do the no-clothing purchases for 2019 as well, although I'll have an exception if I find I need new running equipment (shoes, sports bras). I've done really well in the past when I've enforced the 30-day purchase delay.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 03:27:38 PM »
@Rosy  I have had surprisingly good luck thinking I need Item X and then a couple of weeks later, it's there at Aldi [bike lights, waist-leash and dog bed etc] so *if* it is on my list and past the 30 days, this will meet my rules.

@FireHiker welcome! I think now is a good time to start thinking about the stuff that your son might need and work out what is truly required. [my goodness when I went to uni, I was flatting with 5 other people and probably living in squalor but you really do need a lot less than most people think]

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
Thanks, @mspym! He'll be going to college across the country, so I anticipate a couple last minute items once we're there, but we've already been thinking about his needs/wants and he'll be receiving some gifts for Christmas/birthday between now and then to that end!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:27 PM »
Kicking off my list

13 Dec
- a clipped net for my bicycle basket to hold my bag in. I'm currently using a bungy cord and they tend to die and I think some sort of net would be more useful. Please note I have done zero research on whether such things actually exist. update 31 Dec: Ofpym bought me some new bungy cords for Xmas, parking for now
- a wee calendar for tracking things.
- a meal planner whiteboard

- some metal frame sunglasses OR new lenses for Ofpym's frames that he no longer wears. total failure, bought 5 days after I wrote this
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:55:00 PM by mspym »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »
Does it include things you get free? Is it just about the money or also clutter? I've seen whiteboards being given away for free on FB which is what made me wonder.

I'm in, but I am both lazy and cheap, so I suspect I may already do this naturally. Interested to find out. The only thing that springs to mind right now is brown sandals, which have been on a mental list for 12 months so I think they are exempt.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 01:38:33 AM »
@Fresh Bread the world of free whiteboards is not for me - I deleted FB about a year ago. And realistically we have been doing fine now with meal plans and shopping lists written on the back of envelopes for 6m now so. No pressing need. I just saw a cute meal plan whiteboard and yearned for it.

zygote

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »
I'm in! I'm going to include free stuff because I want to control the money and the clutter.

The main exception besides groceries for me will be sales on tried-and-true consumable products (skincare, candles, etc.) because the sales pop up in cycles and they're usually a surprise.  However, I can only get one during the sale if it's something I use frequently, I do not have a current backup, and the open container is low. Otherwise I have to wait until the next sale. I also need to use down some of my skincare hoard before this exception will kick in....

My other exception will be gifts. I usually struggle to think of good gifts for people. If I put this 30 day wait into play, my family would be getting their Christmas presents on January 15th.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 06:43:33 PM »
@zygote I like your approach!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 06:49:06 PM »
Kicking off my list

13 Dec
- a clipped net for my bicycle basket to hold my bag in. I'm currently using a bungy cord and they tend to die and I think some sort of net would be more useful. Please note I have done zero research on whether such things actually exist. I have also noticed my bungy cord has been scratching my nice leather backpack from the metal hooks so working out a net solution may save my bag, but given I am looking at a summer off work, I think this can happen >30 days
- a wee calendar for tracking things. Nah, I can print one off if I need it, or pick one up at a small business
- a meal planner whiteboard Nah, my current piece of paper/back of envelope system works fine
- some metal frame sunglasses OR new lenses for Ofpym's frames that he no longer wears.

I may be doing some sort of last frenzied purchase thing before the new year. I bought the sunglasses yesterday. They look great and since we can't find Ofpym's frames AND I broke my only non-scratched lens pair of sunglasses BUT let's be honest I could probably have done without and I lasted 5 days.

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »
This is a great challenge, and one I will be joining! I do this most of the time, especially with things that aren't 100% necessities like food/household goods, etc. I needed a new duvet cover about 4 months ago when my other one got destroyed, found one I really loved, and hoped it would eventually be on sale, and if I still loved it at that point, I would buy it. Well last weekend I noticed it was on clearance for 60% off, and I still wanted it, and I was so glad I waited! Most of the time I honestly never buy something after I wait 30 days, in fact I usually forget about it! Such a great way to fend off impulse purchases without saying 100% no right away.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 09:17:52 PM »
This is a great challenge, and one I will be joining! I do this most of the time, especially with things that aren't 100% necessities like food/household goods, etc. I needed a new duvet cover about 4 months ago when my other one got destroyed, found one I really loved, and hoped it would eventually be on sale, and if I still loved it at that point, I would buy it. Well last weekend I noticed it was on clearance for 60% off, and I still wanted it, and I was so glad I waited! Most of the time I honestly never buy something after I wait 30 days, in fact I usually forget about it! Such a great way to fend off impulse purchases without saying 100% no right away.
Glad you are joining in and a needed duvet cover at 60% off + 120d delay? That's delaying tactics paying off right there.

I have noticed that if I say NO X then I immediately rebel and go out and do X as much as I can, but if I do the 'sure in x days' then it fades from my mind.

wordnerd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 09:27:33 PM »
Oooh, this is tough, but I like it. I'm in.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
Oooh, this is tough, but I like it. I'm in.
Woot woot! all about the thoughtful purchase train.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »
Here is something ridiculous- I have definitely been having an internal conflict between not wanting anything and wracking my brain to identify anything I *should* buy while I still can. Last week of practise before it's On For Real.

Mmm_Donuts

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 05:10:16 AM »
I'd like to try this. I own too much stuff and am on a mission to scale back this year and KonMari my whole house. A big part of it is not bringing home new stuff to fill up the space again.

For me the temptations are:

- books
- clothes
- hobby gear (i.e. when I want to try out a new thing I often just buy the stuff and never do the thing)
- jewelry
- gadgets for house / esp. kitchen
- fitness gear

EngineerYogi

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »
I am joining this one. I am terrible at deferring gratification. Mr. Yogi and I are saving up a house down payment so deferring purchases will help us immensely.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »
Hello @Mmm_Donuts and @EngineerYogi and welcome on board!

This is the weird lull fortnight covering Christmas and New Years when it's summer holidays and all the Boxing Day sales are on but they are insanely crowded so that's a bit repellent and also it's starting to get insanely hot and the thought of leaving the lovely cool house is a bit ridiculous, unless it is to find some water to splash around in. I imagine this will start to get harder as the year goes on. I hope everyone is flexing their frugality muscles in preparation.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 02:06:34 PM »
31 December
- The Jerusalem Quartet by Edward Whittemore - after 40 years out of print, this series are finally available in epub. Added to my kobo wishlist. (I have a lot of books in the queue already.) $34 if I buy them individually, $25 if I buy the one giant book
- Another sportsbra for running - I can probably get by with the two I have + the uniqlo racer back crop tops but if I start adding distance I will need another one. $100 (this is how much bras in my size cost)

EngineerYogi

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 12:42:21 PM »
On my list:
-black over the calf or knee high boots with no heel; I've wanted a pair since early fall, but haven't seen or actively searched for ones I like. I have a giftcard to Nordstroms or Nordstroms Off the Rack where I'll probably eventually get them from
-a bra (thanks mspym :P ) it's been over a year and I only use one... so the date on this one is 27 Dec
-a doggy step to get on and off the bed date 28 Dec

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 08:30:11 PM »
on my list is:

- new duvet cover. Ok I've been wanting this forever, ordered one after 4 months of waiting for it to go on sale, hated it, returned it. now I'm making myself wait another 30 days, just for fun!
- new winter boots. Mine soaked through today walking through 6 inches of snow. Also I slipped a few times which is unusual, looked at the soles, and realized after 7 years, it's time to find some new ones.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 12:45:36 AM »
1 January -
This gorgeous pattern right here: https://sewhouse7.com/products/the-tea-house-top-and-dress $14 USD for a flipping pdf
and also this one https://www.sewlisette.com/patterns/B6168 $5 with either a trip to the worst outlet mall OR $9 in postage which always make me look for additional patterns to offset the postage cost which is a losers game I keep playing

In the meantime, I will try making up a skirt and a dress that I already have the patterns for. I got to remember at one point I was just as excited for the patterns I Already Own as I am for the ones I just found.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 12:56:36 AM »
I'm going to an art gallery on Saturday. That would usually be followed by a browse in the gallery shop for interesting books and pretty postcards... But due to this handy gauntlet I won't be able to buy anything. I might still browse, I could put anything I like the look of on the 30 day list. If I still want a book later I'd probably end up getting it from the library or buying it much cheaper elsewhere.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 09:44:11 AM »
Good challenge! 

Since I'm on the government furlough right now, I'm doing some home improvements, so I'll do a temporary exemption for things like paint so I can take advantage of my current unexpected free time.

Things I'm putting a 30-day hold on, starting today:

LED grow lights

Fiestaware microwavable mixing bowl set

Retroactive from December 20th:

Myofascial release tool (but not before the government is back in business)

zygote

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
I'm in! I'm going to include free stuff because I want to control the money and the clutter.

The main exception besides groceries for me will be sales on tried-and-true consumable products (skincare, candles, etc.) because the sales pop up in cycles and they're usually a surprise.  However, I can only get one during the sale if it's something I use frequently, I do not have a current backup, and the open container is low. Otherwise I have to wait until the next sale. I also need to use down some of my skincare hoard before this exception will kick in....

My other exception will be gifts. I usually struggle to think of good gifts for people. If I put this 30 day wait into play, my family would be getting their Christmas presents on January 15th.

First win of 2019! I found myself eyeing a facial mist at Trader Joe's because it was only $3.99 and my skin has been really dehydrated lately. But then I remembered this thread and the two other almost full bottles of other facial mist I already have....so I put it back. If it's still available when I run out of my current bottles maybe I'll give it a try then. That will definitely be > 30 days from now. The one I have been using most regularly is more expensive, so this would be better in the long run if it works well. The ingredients were pretty good.

smileyface

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »

In the meantime, I will try making up a skirt and a dress that I already have the patterns for. I got to remember at one point I was just as excited for the patterns I Already Own as I am for the ones I just found.

I love sewing too, and new patterns are my downfall.  I'm totally embarrassed by the collection of never-used patterns I have piled up.  (Meanwhile, even though I have all these patterns I haven't touched, I'm currently finishing my SECOND Grainline Morris blazer in a year, and I bought the fabric last month for my THIRD New Look 6360... a swingy sundress pattern that my 9 year old daughter has loved for a couple summers now, I just keep making the next size up, lol)  Maybe I should resolve to only make stuff from my unused patterns this year?

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 09:15:12 PM »
@horsepoor any luck using tennis balls/squash balls/rolling pins as a substitute while waiting for the govt shutdown to shut up?

@zygote good work on resisting the facial mist!

@smileyface Patterns were my 2018 Gazingus Pin*. It's tricky because the tried and true patterns - you know the effort won't be wasted, but it doesn't scratch the same New Pattern! itch. Less risk, less reward.

*I must have 8 Colette patterns that I have never made up, I have three patterns that are essentially the Same Shirt but two are from the 70s and one is the modern iteration.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »
@horsepoor any luck using tennis balls/squash balls/rolling pins as a substitute while waiting for the govt shutdown to shut up?

I want it mostly for working on my horse because she is injured and on stall rest.  I like racket balls best for me, and we have a foam roller too, but those would be kind of hard to use on a horse.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »
I want it mostly for working on my horse because she is injured and on stall rest.  I like racket balls best for me, and we have a foam roller too, but those would be kind of hard to use on a horse.

Poor horse! I hadn't considered using MF tools on animals, which is clearly an failure of my imagination.

cazio

• Stubble
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 11:18:39 PM »
I'm going to join in on this! I look back at my spending and find that I buy things on sort of impulse (usually one week thinking it over) and lo and behold, I don't use it.

I'm entering ??? weeks/months of unemployment thanks to freelance work, so this is especially important while I look for my next job!

My exceptions:
- necessities for new apartment (bed frame, dresser, etc. - will either be thrift store, FB free/sale, or IKEA if I'm really in need)
- mattress (don't currently have one, living in an Airbnb bedroom)
- kitchen appliances for new apartment (i currently have a hand mixer and that's it - most of these will be thrift store)
- good deals on my Equestrian List under $60 ( list has existed since October so it technically doesn't count already)
- Reptile necessities: food, paper towels

Other challenges for me:
- using all of my shampoo before buying a new one
- use existing crafting supplies before creating new projects for myself aka buying more supplies
- NO MAKEUP/SKINCARE PURCHASES IN 2019!

@horsepoor so awesome to see a fellow horse person! I don't have a horse but I ride once a week, it's a lifestyle creep struggle for me because i love it so much! :)

My temptations:
- makeup/skincare (Target somehow always convinces me I need something I don't have)
- shampoo/conditioner
- craft supplies

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 12:16:30 AM »
Uh oh, I saw something on FB freebies today and got it... It was free but it breaks the gauntlet already, eh??? It is decor not something I needed. On the bright side, I did not buy anything in the art gallery shop today but will now look up the interesting books in the library catalogue.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2019, 02:55:51 AM »
@Fresh Bread does it break the gauntlet for you? Freebies are fine for me as long as it is something you need and will use. Good work on the art gallery store.

@cazio I too am entering ??? Months of unemployment hence the challenge. I like your rules. I know when I moved country I needed drastically less stuff than I thought I needed to live. I think I did all my cooking with 1 pot 1 frypan 1 knife and 1 chopping board for months. Owned 2 cups.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »

Poor horse! I hadn't considered using MF tools on animals, which is clearly an failure of my imagination.

It was a new idea to me, but the equine bodyworker who works on my horses had a set of the Rock Blades last time she was out, and said she could cover a lot more body surface and also save her hands.  It seemed like a good way to stretch the effect of her work in between appointments. 

@cazio If you want to FIRE, definitely don't buy a horse! ;)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 09:54:17 PM »
Posting for accountability - I need to not go into op shops at all if I am going to be successful on this, because right now they are full of beautiful things that people decluttered over the holidays and I just bought a jacket and 2 tops, none of which were on any list at all.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
21 Jan-
- another pair of Duckfeet Lokken sandals, in dark brown. $225
- the new Sarina Bowen book $5.39 but I have so many unread books already
- a dog treat waist pouch $15-40 it would be convenient but this seems expensive and dumb?

23 Jan
- laser treatment for xanthelasma $$$??? technically I have been thinking about this since Nov

27 Jan
- An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adlar $5-10 from book outlet stores, $23 from book depository but maybe it could be the library
- Midnight Chicken by Ella Risberger $31 I will probably buy this when the month is up
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:37:33 PM by mspym »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 10:09:16 PM »
Forgot to add my books from the art gallery.

5 Jan The books I fancied that I can't find in the library -

Resist: How to be an Activist in the Age of Defiance
Guerilla Kindness
A bunch of books in a series that all start "Do" Do Listen, Do Design, Do Habits. No longer interested, win.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:55:13 PM by Fresh Bread »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »
21/1 More books

Local heroes by David Erdal
Merchants of Doubt Got it at the library

And a documentary called "The Flaw"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:27:07 PM by Fresh Bread »

zygote

• Bristles
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 09:24:42 AM »
I am doing well so far. I still haven't impulse purchased any items this month.

I am about to go get something I've only been thinking about for a few days, though. Our fridge has been sluggish lately, and google tells me I should be cleaning the coils regularly so the heat transfer is easier. We have not done this since we moved in...11 years ago. Yikes. Did not even know it was a thing. I don't want the fridge to break for real, so I'm going to get a coil brush and clean it this weekend. It's only $7 and I have a 20% off coupon. I figure that's a bargain compared to the fridge breaking completely and wasting all the food we have in it. I did a quick inventory of our cleaning tools, and we don't really have anything comparable to do the job.

Edit: It was out of stock and I really didn’t want to wait 3-5 business days for it to come in, so I found something similar for sink drains that I can use. It was only $4. Another reminder to wait and do some research before buying!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:06:28 PM by zygote »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:43 PM »
26/1

An SD card for extra storage for my phone. Keep having to delete stuff.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »
Good challenge! 

Since I'm on the government furlough right now, I'm doing some home improvements, so I'll do a temporary exemption for things like paint so I can take advantage of my current unexpected free time.

Things I'm putting a 30-day hold on, starting today:

LED grow lights

Fiestaware microwavable mixing bowl set

Retroactive from December 20th:

Myofascial release tool (but not before the government is back in business)

I ordered the myofascial tool last night, since we are headed back to work on Monday. The price was $4 lower than when I put it on my Amazon list. It will give me something to do with my horse when she is too wound up to take out of her stall.  Poor thing is going stir-crazy and will be cooped up for 2-4 more months.

I'm kind of over the mixing bowls, and will probably skip the LED lights and make do with the fixtures I already have.

OTOH, forgetting about this challenge, I purchased a Roku yesterday so I can watch NetFlix while working on projects in the basement.  It was $30, whereas the two items I no longer plan to buy would have been ~$100, so I suppose it balances out money-wise.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2019, 10:35:58 PM »
Fresh Bread - what size card are you looking for? I have an 8gb micro sd card that has been sitting around foreer and could flick it your way if it was useful.

Horsepoor - I hope your horse feels better soon. I temporarily forgot about this challenge and spent $10 on a programme to rehab my busted hip, immediately realised that everything in it was available free online, including from the person's site, and felt extremely daft until I decided it was a donation since I had got $10 worth of value from the trainer's site. At least you got an actual thing out of it?

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2019, 09:23:59 PM »
Oh I think I'll get the biggest available but thanks anyway.

2/2 These groovy pants. I may fail on these. I haven't been to the mall since I tried these and I expect they are gone. In any case, still can't think of one occasion I need them for so, there we are!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:52:23 PM by Fresh Bread »

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2019, 09:50:20 PM »
Those pants are *amazing*.
ETA: Do you have an existing need for trousers? Would you wear them or are they aspirational? Is there a time limit eg this is the only pair at an op shop or are they likely to be there in 30 days? Will this still seem like a good idea in a week?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:07:45 PM by mspym »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »
They are only $30 at H&M but I'd probably wear them once and then they'd mould in my wardrobe. On the other hand, I have bought random things from h&m that I wore and loved for years and years. That's the thing about that place. If they were Sportscraft and were $200 now $30 would I have them already I wonder? Although Sportcraft clothes are probably made by 8 yr olds too, let's be honest. Anyway, they were in the window and I was returning a Xmas present next door and had time to kill. Top tip, don't go to the mall.

ETA: No I don't actually need pants, I have a pair of good navy chinos.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:08 PM »
I'll put this here as I *think* after a couple of false starts I'm finally ready.

2/2 A new dog

Got a foster dog and am testing it out. I think realistically we need to wait another 6 months.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:56:16 PM by Fresh Bread »

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
I'll put this here as I *think* after a couple of false starts I'm finally ready.

2/2 A new dog
!!!!!!!!!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2019, 08:55:06 AM »
Oooh, I work with someone who wears a pair of pants like that frequently, and I always admire them.  Also:  doggies!  My first dog as an adult presented herself one week after I declared that I would look for a dog once I got back from vacation.  One morning I was leaving for work and she was in my front yard with a broken leg.  So, you know, don't be *too* strict on that waiting period.  :)

The myofascial tool arrived a few days ago.  Naturally my injured horse doesn't like it that much, but my young horse loooooves it, and I can use it on myself as well. 

Adding today:  Swing arm wall lamps for our guest bedroom.

I'm also trying to find an end table/night stand for said guest bedroom.  <$20 is currently admissible - if I don't find anything by end of the month, I can bump the budget up (stalking thrift and Craigslist).