Author Topic: Tracking when tax forms (1099-DIV, 1099-B, ...) will be available  (Read 1264 times)

MustacheAndaHalf

• Walrus Stache
I looked at Vanguard's tax center to see various time frames for various tax forms.  But the bottom line is that that the forms should be available in mid-February.

Vanguard 1099-B, available by mid-February
Vanguard 1099-div, available by mid-February
Vanguard 1099-int, available by mid-February

If you only have mutual funds, the forms might arrive earlier.  There's other qualification that may not apply to everyone, but here I'm just capturing the latest date by which people should get their tax forms from Vanguard.  Hope it helps with planning.

With a brief search for Scwhab's forms, it looks like:

Schwab all 1099, available online in mid-February (end of Feb for paper forms).

Fidelity seems to require a login to gather that information.  Do any Fidelity know their date?  Also mid-Feb?

appleshampooid

• Bristles
  • Relentless Snacker
Re: Tracking when tax forms (1099-DIV, 1099-B, ...) will be available
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 11:42:32 AM »
I looked at Vanguard's tax center to see various time frames for various tax forms.  But the bottom line is that that the forms should be available in mid-February.

Vanguard 1099-B, available by mid-February
Vanguard 1099-div, available by mid-February
Vanguard 1099-int, available by mid-February

If you only have mutual funds, the forms might arrive earlier.  There's other qualification that may not apply to everyone, but here I'm just capturing the latest date by which people should get their tax forms from Vanguard.  Hope it helps with planning.

With a brief search for Scwhab's forms, it looks like:

Schwab all 1099, available online in mid-February (end of Feb for paper forms).

Fidelity seems to require a login to gather that information.  Do any Fidelity know their date?  Also mid-Feb?
Feb 15 is the deadline for 1099s (barring some exceptions) so that's when most brokerages get them out.

I was surprised to get several of mine early (late January), I think from both Merrill Lynch and Fidelity. Schwab was a couple of days ago. I got 1 of my 3 from Vanguard (one that only had Vanguard funds). The other 2 are not here yet, and today's the deadline 😠😠.

I'm getting 3 from Vanguard because we combined my wife's and mine into a joint account this year. So, one 1099 from each of the old accounts, plus one from the combined. Thankfully next year that will just be one.

appleshampooid

• Bristles
  • Relentless Snacker
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »
Fkn Vanguard still hasn't posted 1099s!

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 06:37:06 PM »
Kinda glad to see it isn't just me.   I'm right on the edge of might-get-one-might-not.  Only had $19 in dividends this year since this is really my play money account.

ScreamingHeadGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 02:45:59 PM »
I looked back at my records online and the latest I had received my 1099 was 2/22.  So I am not worrying until nest weekend.  Still, it is frustrating - I have nothing at all planned today and could have totally spent the day drinking tea and filing taxes.

appleshampooid

• Bristles
  • Relentless Snacker
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
Fkn Vanguard still hasn't posted 1099s!
Mine finally dropped Saturday (02/16) evening. Or at least some time on Saturday. I thought the deadline was 02/15 except for certain complicated securities (of which I don't have any). Either they just barely missed the deadline or I am incorrect on that being a deadline for anything.

MustacheAndaHalf

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 09:27:47 PM »
I suspect they used "middle of February" to avoid giving a specific date, and provide some flexibility on when they finish.

I also got my combined 1099 from Vanguard over the weekend, but my last login attempt was timed perfectly with their website maintenance so I had to wait a bit longer to find out.