Author Topic: Wife Got Offer to Publish Romance Novel!  (Read 20060 times)

Cezil

• Stubble
Re: Wife Got Offer to Publish Romance Novel!
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
Awesome! & Congratulations!!  That must be so exciting!  As someone who wants to start writing in this genre (it's been touted as a good side hustle, and I love reading me some good romance novels!) I am so glad to hear about her success!  Keep up the great work!!

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »
Thanks for all the congrats, everyone since my last post!  :)

Here is the cover we had designed, if that gives you some idea?:

Link to larger version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9743562/Vegas%20Passion.jpg

Is that you and the authoress, ARS? :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2015, 10:44:56 AM »
It's so affirming to have that acknowledgement!  Congrats to her!  I nearly peed my pants when I got a contract.

Awesome!  I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

That's incredible! Please pass along my congratulations! Should she need an in in the Christian romance publishing world, I have a few friends....

That is a quite popular genre.  I don't think she's planning on writing anything in that area though.

Awesome! & Congratulations!!  That must be so exciting!  As someone who wants to start writing in this genre (it's been touted as a good side hustle, and I love reading me some good romance novels!) I am so glad to hear about her success!  Keep up the great work!!

If it's something you enjoy, why not go for it?  :D

Is that you and the authoress, ARS? :)

Heh, no.

Just a standard cover.  Other examples are on her website: http://www.authoraliolson.com/books/
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »
She was asked to write a short blog post for Harlequin about getting "The Call" (I guess that's a thing among authors, the call when they tell you they want to print your book), it was posted a few days ago here:
http://sold.soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com/2015/04/i-sold-my-book-4/
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Dr.Vibrissae

• Bristles
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »
Congrats to Mrs. ARS.  I'm bummed I missed the chance to be a beta reader, free romance novels are my guilty pleasure (But the writing/ editing can be real hit and miss.) This is what I get for dropping off the forums for 6 months. If she needs readers in the future I'd love to oblige.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
That is a huge accomplishment!!  Congrats to your wife!

totoro

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2015, 03:22:06 PM »
What a great thing to have happen!  Congratulations!

ny.er

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »

WOW - that IS badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super awesome. You and your wife seem to be quite the dynamic duo!!

Hah, thanks.  That's a great phrase.  Makes us sound like crimefighters or super heroes or something.

"Dynamic duo" though just has a fun ring to it.  :D

The original Dynamic Duo was Batman and Robin - way before your time :)   Congrats to Mrs ARS on the book contract! You ARE a Dynamic Duo, and I'm looking forward to following you on your journey to Spain and beyond.

rubybeth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2015, 08:15:25 AM »
This is so awesome! I'd be curious to read it. I have dabbled in writing fanfiction. :)

eliza

• Bristles
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2015, 05:31:47 PM »
Congrats to Mrs. ARS.  This is an incredible accomplishment.  I'm a sucker for historical romance fiction -- about 75% of the time, what I'm reading on my kindle is smut of one form or another.  (Is it weird that an atheist really enjoys Amish Romance fiction?)

I think it's wonderful that your wife is going to earn some serious money ($4K is nothing to sneeze at) doing something that she would do for free.  Please let us know when she self-publishes her historical romance stuff! 

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Love it! Good for her!

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »
Hey ARS & Mrs. ARS,

Wow!  Congrats to the Mrs., we had no idea she was a budding writer!  Well done, we'll have to check it out.

- Chops & Ms. Chops

kkbmustang

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »
Hey congrats to your wife! That's awesome.

BTW, if you're interested Peter Bowerman self-published several books, one of which is how to self-publish, with form press releases, etc., and guidance on how to market your book, among other things. It can be found at www.wellfedsp.com.

If you're interested, I have an affiliate link you can use. But no pressure - the non-affiliate link to the book (or eBook) is up there.

kkbmustang

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 11:12:46 PM »
Is there an update, ARS?

Edited to correct typo.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2015, 03:42:36 AM »
Is there an update, ARS?

Update on the novel in this thread: We received the first check from Harlequin a few days ago!  :)

She sent in the book and they're working on line edits now.  She also sent in information on it to the graphics department, and they are working on the cover.

Please let us know when she self-publishes her historical romance stuff!

Update on the self-publishing stuff: First one was published today.  More details here:
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/first-book-self-published-today/