Author Topic: Tradeline Supply Company Question and Answer Thread  (Read 14758 times)

tscpartner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Tradeline Supply Company Question and Answer Thread
« on: October 19, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »
Hello fellow Mustachians,

Thank you for welcoming me to your community. As requested I have made a separate thread so that we don't derail the original one. I look forward to maintaining a presence here and answering all questions in an open discussion.  To avoid this coming off as spam I will only answer direct questions. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Tradeline Supply Company Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:12:28 PM »
How do you verify authorized users and what level(s) of verification do you do? What company(s) do you use for fraud and background checks? What methods do you use to securely store information? What new practices have you implemented in the last 3 months in regards to security of cardholders?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:01:40 PM »
Hey David, I noticed you mentioned a blog post - did I miss something somewhere? I'd like to check it out if you can provide a link. Thanks!

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
How will you find enough vetted customers willing to purchase tradelines ?

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 01:06:46 PM »
Once ARS's questions are answered I'd like to know

What is your rate table for vendor payment?  What are the numbers of adds you allow per bank per month? What is the amount of time you keep AU's on cards?  How many clients do you have in relation to vendors?  Are you filling all vendor card slots on a current monthly basis?  How are you attracting new clients to deal with the influx you will get from this post you just made, assuming you answer these questions effectively?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »
What insights or connections do you have into internal bank practices and their updates to minimize the frequency of shutdowns?

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 06:50:58 PM »
What are the minimum ages/limits for the tradelines you utilize? What cards have you found are least likely to get shut down? How do you cycle available vendor spots if you have fewer clients than available tradelines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »
Posting to follow.

tscpartner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 10:06:21 PM »
How do you verify authorized users and what level(s) of verification do you do? What company(s) do you use for fraud and background checks? What methods do you use to securely store information? What new practices have you implemented in the last 3 months in regards to security of cardholders?

As a young company all of our systems and processes are rapidly evolving and we have made and continue to make upgrades to our infrastructure constantly.  Combatting fraud is an extremely important aspect of our business for both ourselves and our credit partners and we are taking every measure to be the absolute best tradeline company in this department.

First of all, under no circumstances do we work with any CPN's. We have found that CPN's lead to a much higher percentage of fraud than valid SSN's and therefore we only work with valid SSN's.  We have customized our checkout experience to not only provide for the best user experience, but to include all the necessary documents we need to confirm a persons identity.  This includes a legally binding digital signature of our user agreement, federal disclosure, and the required federal cancellation notice.  It currently also includes a mandatory upload of color copies of the authorized users drivers license and social security card.

In addition we have been waiting for our company to age to the point that we would qualify to work with the highest level identity verification and fraud detection company that is available to our industry, which we believe is LexisNexis.  It is extremely difficult for any company in the credit services sector to gain access to credit bureau data and qualifying takes time.  Our company was formed on 4/27/17 and in about a week we will pass the 6 month mark of being in business which allows us to gain full access to their products and systems.  LexisNexis has a very thorough screening process in order to qualify for their service, including a site inspection, owner background check, and ip verifications just to name a few.  It's also not cheap to get setup with them and requires monthly minimums of usage.  We have already agreed to terms with them and will be utilizing both their InstantID and FraudPoint products.  We have also opted into their API integration, meaning the scans will be integrated into our website and automatically performed when a user goes through the checkout process.  Since the background checks of every AU will automatically occur right on our website, it eliminates the risk of human error on checks and makes it completely objective and automatic.

For secure storage of our documents we are using an offline, military grade, double encrypted (hardware and software) hard drive.  We felt this was superior to any cloud based solution that could potentially be hacked.  The only way to get our data would be to physically steal the hard drive, crack the hardware lock and then crack the software password.  For the transmission of data on our website we use SSL encryption. You will notice on our website in the top left hand corner of our browser it says "secure" and displays the "https" protocol as opposed to the much less secure "http".

tscpartner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 10:17:10 PM »
Hey David, I noticed you mentioned a blog post - did I miss something somewhere? I'd like to check it out if you can provide a link. Thanks!

The reason I am here is because one of your members (KeithTax) is a credit partner of ours and wrote an article about TSC on his blog, The Wealthy Accountant.  It had a huge response and lead to a lot of questions about our business.  The article was later changed to remove my company information because Keith and others wanted to vet us more thoroughly before recommending readers sign up as credit partners.  You can read the blog post here, (https://wealthyaccountant.com/2017/10/11/tradelines-the-1000-an-hour-side-gig/) but it has been changed from it's original form to remove any mention of TSC.

tscpartner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »
How will you find enough vetted customers willing to purchase tradelines ?

First of all my partner and I are well seasoned entrepreneurs who have built and sold past companies.  If anything is our strength it's sales and marketing.  Phase 1 for us was to build the most attractive, user friendly, transparent website.  I think we aced that job and while there are still many improvements being made to the site (I literally have a developer working on it now) it is already among the best in the industry. Without disclosing any of our trade secrets, an equally good question is how have we organically made it to the first page of google in such a short period of time when doing searches for tradelines or authorized user tradelines?  Google is the most difficult search engine to dominate and those positions must be earned authentically and are rewarded tremendously.  Google is recognizing that consumers love our website and our presence will only expand there. We are already making a ton of sales, just take a look at our pricing page and you will see all the sold out cards.  We have remained 70%-80% sold out every month and we have just begun phase 1 of our marketing plan.  We have a large agency handling our marketing that works with several million dollars of advertising dollars every month.  We are a small account of theirs but our marketing power is clearly working and built for scale.     

tscpartner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »
Once ARS's questions are answered I'd like to know

What is your rate table for vendor payment?  What are the numbers of adds you allow per bank per month? What is the amount of time you keep AU's on cards?  How many clients do you have in relation to vendors?  Are you filling all vendor card slots on a current monthly basis?  How are you attracting new clients to deal with the influx you will get from this post you just made, assuming you answer these questions effectively?

Credit Partner Commission Schedule                                                     

Credit Limit                         Card Age                     Card Age                   Card Age
                                        12-24 months            2 years - 7 years                8 Years+               
$1,000 - $4,999                  $40                                         $60                         $80         
$5,000-$9,999                    $50                                         $75                         $100       
$10,000-$14,999                $75                                         $125                       $150       
$15,000-$19,999                $125                                       $150                       $175       
$20,000-$29,999                $175                                       $200                       $225       
$30,000-$39,000                $200                                       $250                       $275       
40,000 or More                   $250                                       $300                       $325

We do have a recommended number of AU's per bank, but we also allow our partners to be more conservative or aggressive if they prefer.  These recommendations are also continually changing.  For instance, we recently changed both Discover and Bank Of America from 5 to 2.  We provide our recommendations during credit partner onboarding phase and ask for the new partner to confirm how many AU spots they want us to sell.  Off the top of my head we are doing 2 on Chase, Discover, Wells, and BofA.  3 on Capital One.  5 on Citi, Barclays, and Amex.

We keep AU's on cards for 2 posting cycles by default, but if you prefer longer we allow that as well, just let us know.

A lot more :) It depends how you define a customer, but we have a massive base in place already.  We are also positioning ourselves as a wholesale provider so that we get a lot of business from credit repair companies and brokers who bring us repeat business.  The first question on our checkout page is "Are you a broker?".

We are selling 70%-80% of all our inventory every month, but we can easily scale up our marketing and continue to launch more marketing campaigns to capture more business.  (Also see the above answer.)   

As we have always been transparent about, we are a relatively new company and we will definitely experience growing pains but we adapt well, have an extremely talented team, and we are building this business to last.  Our systems and automation will prove to be a big help during our growth phase as well. 

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 06:54:59 AM »
Of those providing you credit cards what percentage have experienced having their cards shut down ?

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 06:58:42 AM »
you take amex cards.  no one out there takes amex cards b/c they dont add properly. if you've found a way to do this i'd be interested but to me this is a red flag.  similarly most of the companies i work with has stopped accepting chase b/c chase has extremely high shutdown rates and isnt worth the headache.  how are you addressing this.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »
Off the top of my head we are doing 2 on Chase, Discover, Wells, and BofA.  3 on Capital One.  5 on Citi, Barclays, and Amex.
Is this to imply that these are all the banks you are currently using? For instance, US Bank is allowed on other sites, but isn't on your off the top of your head list.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »
posting to follow

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »
ptf

Nate79

• Stubble
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 08:55:49 PM »
I contacted your company to see potential prices and the email response says I need to send my credit karma login information by email so the potential credit cards can be confirmed. This seems really strange. Is it serious to email login information??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »
I contacted your company to see potential prices and the email response says I need to send my credit karma login information by email so the potential credit cards can be confirmed. This seems really strange. Is it serious to email login information??

Yeah that's another thing I noticed from Keith's writeup.  If a vendor trusts you with their SSN or EIN, you should trust them that they actually have the cards they say they do.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

Yeah that's another thing I noticed from Keith's writeup.  If a vendor trusts you with their SSN or EIN, you should trust them that they actually have the cards they say they do.

Agreed. Asking for any login/password is super sketchy.

If I am going to sell tradelines through your company, you already have my name, address, and SSN. You are SUPPOSED to be good and fast at verifying people.  In fact, that skillset is the majority of the reason I would sell tradelines through your company instead of doing it myself and making at least 2x the profits. You are supposed to be extensively verifying people so that I don't have to.

You should NOT need my login for CreditKarma. Just look me up.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »
PTF

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 07:23:09 AM »
I'm going to rephrase in the form of a question, if the newest TL company starts answering them again:

If I am going to sell tradelines through your company, you already have my name, address, and SSN. You are SUPPOSED to be good and fast at verifying people.  In fact, that skillset is the majority of the reason I would sell tradelines through your company instead of doing it myself and making at least 2x the profits. You are supposed to be extensively verifying people so that I don't have to, and getting yourselves a big chunk of the profits for doing that.

Why would you need my CreditKarma login and password?

Timmm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 08:10:59 AM »
The CK credentials ended my curiosity about your company. Good security practices require avoiding a ton of subtle mistakes that can ruin an otherwise great system. Sharing passwords is a non-subtle mistake. You really don't need any context around it, I think it cannot be a correct answer.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »
I'm hoping the company will work with me to take some of my advice to improve their areas of deficiency.

The guys running it are very smart and savvy. They're real good at marketing/SEO.

They just don't have a background in this industry, and just don't know what they don't know.  (LexusNexis is not the be-all, end-all.) The security (CK login being a big one, how info is transmitted, stored, etc.) being another.

I have some ideas (based on what other companies are doing, and areas where they're all lacking); if they can improve in some of these key areas, they could become worth using. The advantage they have being new is they can be flexible and pivot to good practices. Some of the older companies who just don't give a * aren't gonna change anything.

We'll see; they have my number and we've talked before. We gave up a few months ago, but maybe if they see the feedback here, they'll be willing to adjust.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »
PTF

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 07:44:16 AM »
I'm hoping the company will work with me to take some of my advice to improve their areas of deficiency.
Just an FYI for others, David was asked not to respond until he and ARS spoke.

Imustacheyouaquestion

• Bristles
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
A company supposedly specializing in security/identity verification asked you to email login credentials to another site? ::facepalm::

But let's say there's an actual risk people are signing up to sell tradelines that don't exist. After the first month, the fake card would fail to post to the buyer's credit report, and the company should be able to refund the buyer and block the spurious seller from their site permanently. This company is effectively saying avoiding the buyer's irritation at this scenario (plus whatever admin/overhead costs incurred to the company for refunding) is a higher priority than the integrity of the seller's passwords on third-party sites. That's a pass for me.

Landspeed8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »

Thank you for welcoming me to your community. As requested I have made a separate thread so that we don't derail the original one. I look forward to maintaining a presence here and answering all questions in an open discussion.  To avoid this coming off as spam I will only answer direct questions.

I have a BOA credit card with a $13,000 limit and a $0 balance that I have used often for about 7 or 8 years. I signed up for the other site that was originally mentioned in the forum and even emailed the guy who runs it but never heard back. My credit score is high 700's or 800ish, depending on which way the wind is blowing that day. I would love to offer this card up and am frustrated that I was ignored. If someone from one of these companies would like a customer I would love to speak with you.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »
A company supposedly specializing in security/identity verification asked you to email login credentials to another site? ::facepalm::

But let's say there's an actual risk people are signing up to sell tradelines that don't exist. After the first month, the fake card would fail to post to the buyer's credit report, and the company should be able to refund the buyer and block the spurious seller from their site permanently. This company is effectively saying avoiding the buyer's irritation at this scenario (plus whatever admin/overhead costs incurred to the company for refunding) is a higher priority than the integrity of the seller's passwords on third-party sites. That's a pass for me.

There are some top level legitimate companies that request this information.  they typically have you change it to something simple and then you change it back when they are done making the confirmation that what you say is true.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 04:13:21 PM »

There are some top level legitimate companies that request this information.  they typically have you change it to something simple and then you change it back when they are done making the confirmation that what you say is true.

Please name and shame.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »

I have a BOA credit card with a $13,000 limit and a $0 balance that I have used often for about 7 or 8 years. I signed up for the other site that was originally mentioned in the forum and even emailed the guy who runs it but never heard back. My credit score is high 700's or 800ish, depending on which way the wind is blowing that day. I would love to offer this card up and am frustrated that I was ignored. If someone from one of these companies would like a customer I would love to speak with you.

BoA cards on the "new" company are "resting" along with Discover because of a number of closures.  The tradeline company believes that there are audits going on, so no, you won't pick up any AUs from a BoA card.

TSC appears to be accepting BoA cards. 

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2017, 04:00:39 PM »
I wonder how long these audits last for ?

Timmm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
I would think it's not even worth the tradeline broker's time to retest an issuer for safety when they've got an apparent bounty of other registered cards available.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »

BoA cards on the "new" company are "resting" along with Discover because of a number of closures.  The tradeline company believes that there are audits going on, so no, you won't pick up any AUs from a BoA card.

TSC appears to be accepting BoA cards.

BoA cards are reactive. i've had 4 adds in the last 2 months.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »
following

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »
Looks like they gave up.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 06:00:34 AM »
Looks like they gave up.
David was asked not to respond until he and ARS spoke.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Looks like they gave up.

So he's just an employee rather than the guy calling the shots? Shocker. :D

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2017, 07:09:42 PM »
Looks like they gave up.

ARS isn's his boss. ARS is the guy who has been putting in a lot of effort vetting tradeline companies for Mustachians and helping Mustachians get started with selling tradelines.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
Looks like they gave up.

ARS isn's his boss. ARS is the guy who has been putting in a lot of effort vetting tradeline companies for Mustachians and helping Mustachians get started with selling tradelines.

I know who ARS is. I interpreted the comment as someone else at the company advised David not to post anymore until they spoke with ARS, to avoid the inevitable bad PR here from not answering questions. Who knows though.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2017, 07:16:17 AM »
Looks like they gave up.

I know who ARS is. I interpreted the comment as someone else at the company advised David not to post anymore until they spoke with ARS, to avoid the inevitable bad PR here from not answering questions. Who knows though.

Ah, ok. I was thinking that the forum mods had asked him to do so.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2017, 12:13:51 PM »
Ah, ok. I was thinking that the forum mods had asked him to do so.
Correct, ARS asked him not to respond.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
To clarify: I asked him to contact me. We spoke briefly on the phone (this time, we've spoken in the past), and he was going to get back to me. This was weeks ago, before this thread was even launched, when it was in the other thread.

He hasn't bothered, because he's been too busy.

At some point, hopefully.

Captain Mustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 10:01:58 PM »

Please name and shame.

Equifax... xD

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »

Please name and shame.

Equifax... xD

Wouldn't exactly call them "top level legitimate" if they're asking for logins and passwords.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
Spoke on the phone with the owners of the company last week for about two hours.

They seem to be moving in the right direction, and willing to make changes, but they're still lacking in very key areas.

Current verification of AUs, for example, consists of verifying the SSN is a real one, and the person's geographic area, and then visually inspecting a color picture sent in of the driver's license & social security card.

As such, I still cannot recommend them, and would not enroll my cards with them at this time.

I'm hoping this changes at some point; communication lines are open and they're working to improve, so we'll see. :)

Feel free to PM me any questions.

Locking thread. If anything changes with the status of this company, I will unlock and bump it.

Cheers!