Author Topic: Traded my Expedition for C-Max Hybrid  (Read 3081 times)

BFGirl

• Pencil Stache
Traded my Expedition for C-Max Hybrid
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »
Traded a 2009 Expedition (paid for) for a used 2015 Ford C-Max hybrid.  Wrote a check for the difference.  Was mainly keeping the Expedition because of 2-3 times per year hauling needs.  C-Max has half the cargo space, but will try to work around with a top of the car carrier and possibly a hitch cargo carrier.  Feels good to not be driving a 17mpg behemoth.

Felt like this was a good time to get more for my SUV with gas prices low, since if they go up again, I will get less for the SUV.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Re: Traded my Expedition for C-Max Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:46:14 AM »
good work on dropping the SUV ... why such a new car on the other side though?

BFGirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »
Wanted the hybrid wagon (has only been out since 2013, I think) and it still has manufacturer's warranty and fairly low miles.  Not quite ready to go for a true beater car since I have to make several long distance trips per year.  This is the first time I've ever bought a used vehicle.  Plan to try to keep this car for at least a decade.  Slowly letting go of my spendypants ways.

alymae1010

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »
I just bought a 2013 C-Max Energi a few months ago after trading in my crossover and love it so far! Definitely adjusting to less trunk space, but I thought the same thing about demand for SUVs being higher than small/electric cars right now. Hope you enjoy yours too!

Aardvark

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 06:22:12 AM »
Hi there,

I am considering buying a 2013 C-MAX (hybrid not Energi).
I am trying to find a mustachian perspective on this. I am worried that the 2013 is too high risk.

This is the specific car that I am looking at:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/904277673827044/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Or maybe this one:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1130174711054497/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Any insights would be very much apprecaited!

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 05:42:14 PM »
I had a Fusion hybrid, and liked it a LOT, except for half/most of the trunk being hybrid battery.
The rear seats folded fwd, but the battery(ies?) were higher than the folded seats...
When I found out that the C-Max hybrid had the very same drive-train (developed and co-mfg'd w/ Toyota) I started shopping for one.
I like sitting up higher - easier to get in and out (GF likes that too), and I can see more when in traffic.
I like the 'eco' mode cruise (my Fusion didn't have that).  It will also show the MPG over a trip (I reset it @ fill ups, about 400 miles).
Ford wants $$$ for nav system map/update, so I'm using the GPS that I had in the Fusion.  I made a little self for it between the speedometer and the center display with a piece of flat plastic, some duct tape and some non-slip mat.
I found out by accident (HONEST MOM!) that it really moves out QUICK when the trans is in 'L'.