Author Topic: Time Sensitive College Hack: 18 credit hours for $210!  (Read 688 times)

Ed Mills

• Stubble
  • Join the FI Revolution Y'all!
    • The Millionaire Educator
Time Sensitive College Hack: 18 credit hours for $210!
« on: October 30, 2022, 09:28:47 AM »
I have to share this with the group.  IMPORTANT:  This hack will disappear on January 1st, 2023.  Here is the hack:

InstantCert is known for its CLEP review materials, but most people don't realize that they offer a number of ACE courses.  Currently, we're using some of their courses as we homeschool our son in Mexico this semester. 

So far, he has completed:  Spanish I, Principles of Marketing, and Introduction to Entrepreneurship

He's going to take:  Astronomy, Business Ethics, and College Algebra

The costs are:  $20 per course plus a $15 proctoring fee to take the final exam.  So, 6 courses at $35 per course = $210!

There are also three other courses available:  Introduction to Environmental Science, Managerial Accounting, and Financial Accounting.  Sadly, Spanish I and American Government expired on July 1st of 2022, so new students won't be able to take these courses anymore.

These courses are very DOABLE and could be completed quickly if the student is motivated.  The final grade consists of:

Homework (30%)
2 Exams and a Midterm Exam (40%) 
Online Proctored Final Exam (30%)

Basically, 70% of the course can be completed in an "open book, open notes" fashion.  As a result, the final exam should not "make or break" your grade because at the end of the day the grading is Pass / Fail.  A 70% to 100% results in a PASS on your transcript. 

For example, my son needs 72 points on his final exam to pass his entrepreneurship course.  In other words, he needs 72 points on an exam worth 300 points of his final grade.  72/300 = 24%, so we're pretty confident that he'll pass the exam!

The grades are sent to Credly.  From there you can send your Credly transcript to any college that will accept these ACE courses.  YMMV!

I just thought I'd share this.  If you preform this hack, please let me know with a reply here.  I look forward to hearing your success stories.

Best of luck,
Gerry
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:21:06 PM by Ed Mills »