Author Topic: Thrift Store Shopping  (Read 90392 times)

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Thrift Store Shopping
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:00 AM »
Pretty much everything I own is second hand. The only things I buy new are undergarments. I'm not yet mustachian enough to go with a second hand bra, even if it still had tags on!

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
Pretty much everything I own is second hand. The only things I buy new are undergarments. I'm not yet mustachian enough to go with a second hand bra, even if it still had tags on!

I once bought an... erm... fancy nighttime corset at Goodwill. Tags still on, never worn, Victoria's Secret. The original price was $50 I think, but since it was in the pajama section, it was $4.50.

I will continue to buy my day bras and underwear new though. I don't think I'll ever budge on that front.

doublethinkmoney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2017, 08:07:14 AM »
My mom recently told me i should stop shopping at thrift stores (after I was showing her all the good deals I found). She said I was taking those good deals from people who really needed then and i should be ashamed of myself, since I can afford to go to a regular store.

Sigh. I can't help it. I love thrift store shopping. Even if it is stealing?? from the poor.
That's ridiculous. There is plenty to go around at thrift stores. New items come in everyday. Fact is most of us aren't too far away and a string of bad luck from being that "poor person" and thrifting is one way to make sure you never get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »
My 7 year old is very rough on his jeans. He wears holes in the knees and keeping them patched is a full time job.  I stopped by Goodwill on Sunday and bought 6 pair for $10. Four of them he can wear now, and the other two he'll grow into. That should last him at least another 6 months.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
My mom recently told me i should stop shopping at thrift stores (after I was showing her all the good deals I found). She said I was taking those good deals from people who really needed then and i should be ashamed of myself, since I can afford to go to a regular store.

Sigh. I can't help it. I love thrift store shopping. Even if it is stealing?? from the poor.
That's ridiculous. There is plenty to go around at thrift stores. New items come in everyday. Fact is most of us aren't too far away and a string of bad luck from being that "poor person" and thrifting is one way to make sure you never get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the Goodwill I just visited, the kids clothing section was bursting at the seams. They weren't hurting for inventory.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2017, 09:18:48 AM »
Buy all the clothes you want!  Every thrift store I know has more clothing than they can display.

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2017, 11:19:42 AM »
I prefer thrift stores mostly for furniture items. I usually get great deals and good quality.

dreams_and_discoveries

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »
The recent UK heatwave has allowed me to try out some of my bargain thriftstore purchases.

A £2 pair of shorts.....I never usually wear shorts, but through they seem like a practical wardrobe addition in warmer weather, and a £2 very light summer skirt,  both have had outings and I loved them, despite not being items I would normally buy, or buy at full price.

KBecks

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:27 AM »
Nice job dreams and discoveries.  I feel I might be going to the thrift store for too much recreational shopping, but i got several shirts and shorts for the boys, a Carmen Sandiego and a Bonkers board game!  Also a nice rain jacket. 

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
Our local thrift store is having a 50% off sale today. So we rolled 1/2 a mile down the hill and walked on in. We walked out $62.50 lighter. For that we took home:

2 fitted men's button down shirts for work (valued at $40/each retail)
2 pairs of men's fancy shorts for work/play (retail $30/each)
2 pairs of fancy work pants (Retail at $50/each)
2 basketball jerseys for 75¢, one is from my University ball team(Retail at $15-$20)
1 pair men's swim shorts. ($20/retail)
2 ladies tops for wifey (Retail at $10-15)
1 Victoria Secret bikini top for wifey (tag read $40 retail)
1 box if yarn/knitting instructions for kids stuffed animals ($25/price tag retail)
1 box of 4 LED 60w Flood Light Bulbs for $3 (retail $16)

AWESOME. $62.50 bought us very close to $400 in retail value. One of the basketball jerseys doesn't even fit me (it's a Medium, I'm an XL), but I know that my friend who went to the same university will be stoked when I give it to him the next time we play.

YES!

Gggirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2017, 08:16:17 PM »
I went thrift shopping today for the first time in a long time. I took my teenager and we had so much fun. I came home and found this thread. In the past I always washed the clothes before wearing. Do I need to do anything else? The bedbugs comment freaked me out. I don't know if there even is a bed bug problem where I live. I am probably being paranoid.

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2017, 12:59:38 AM »
Found a sweet like new grey zip up shirt and plain but basic t-shirt for hubby for 11 bucks. It's a thrift store near my work in the suburbs that I find to be much cheaper than the city.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2017, 02:00:06 AM »
I went thrift shopping today for the first time in a long time. I took my teenager and we had so much fun. I came home and found this thread. In the past I always washed the clothes before wearing. Do I need to do anything else? The bedbugs comment freaked me out. I don't know if there even is a bed bug problem where I live. I am probably being paranoid.

The Goodwill where I shop sprays everything with insecticide. Nevertheless, everything I buy at thrift or consignment stores goes from my car direct into the washing machine. I have been thrifting for 10 years and have never had a problem.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2017, 07:26:29 AM »
Hmmm, recent thrift store scores...seven nice puzzles, two still in the wrappers, which will become gifts, $12...A dozen Princess House Crystal salad plates that match the dozen I already own for $8. I'm doing an event for 50 in September and I don't want to use any paper or plastic...A brand new Fubu day pack for $1.

Here's the beauty of being FIRE: a friend has been diagnosed with ALZ. She and her husband are moving into assisted living, closer to their kids. They sold their home of 37 years very quickly. I offered to help and now I'm running their Estate Sale this weekend. As in, start today and be ready to go by Friday. Oy, it's gonna be a lot of work. Good news is they liked to entertain, so I'll be able to find more things for the September event at good prices. Yay??

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2017, 07:59:43 AM »
We went for a rainy hike yesterday.  My partner was breaking in new fancy hiking gear.  I felt pretty smug in my own fancy hiking gear. 

Columbia shorts, New, 2.50 from goodwill.
Timberland rain jacket, like new, $5 from goodwill. 
Shirt - free from a clothing swap

My shoes ($30) and underclothes ($8) were all Amazon bargains.

We got his gear on great sales but it still killed me to spent $55 on a pair of pants when I knew if I had a little more time I'd be able to find them secondhand.  Ah well. We did find him 2 pairs of brand new Levi's for $5 each so the average across his wardrobe isn't bad at all.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2017, 10:59:48 AM »
Did a post-move drop off to Goodwill yesterday. Decided to walk through and check out the inside and found a pull-up bar for $6 (brand new at Walmart for $30). I went to the register and found out Sundays are teacher/college student/military discount day so I only paid $3.50.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »
HUGE score this past week.

Have a vintage (original) movie poster I kept forgetting about buying a frame for. Mentioned it in the last week to husband and had started looking online for best pricing and all were $25 for the crappy up to $80 for fancy. Found a mid range sturdy black wood/plexi movie poster frame that retailed for $40 - paid $8 - that just needed a light repaint. Already owned the paint, so poster is now framed and looks fabulous.

Found a really lovely art print of a snowy skating scene, professionally matted and framed with anti-glare glass - noticed it was numbered and signed. Turns out it is a limited edition print by a well known primitive artist that is classified as "rare" and and selling for upwards of $150. I paid $4 and plan to hang it in a spot in my bedroom.

Pair of $80 jeans that make my ass look amazing and feel like I'm wearing pajamas. $1.87 (had a 75% off sale on specific color tags).

Two beautiful dresses - $3.75 each

In my area, Goodwills have started additional discounts during the week. The color of the week Sunday-Wed is 30% off, then goes to 50% off Thursday-Saturday. And several locations have 75% off clothing in X color (while supplies last) and then tack on 20% for this or that color...

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »
I survived the Estate Sale mentioned upthread and helped raise $2500 for the family.

Next up: I wanted some long shorts for vacation, but didn't want to go "shopping". A random walk through a consignment store yielded a nice pair of Asics workout pants for $10, which isn't especially cheap, I admit. I took them  home, whacked off the lower legs, and hemmed them neatly right at the knee. They turned out exactly as I'd hoped, and were perfect for our trip to Aspen, which totally cracks me up. I've worn them a number of times since, so I've totally gotten my ten bucks worth out of them.

Fun sidebar thrift story:

Trip to Aspen was for granddaughter's first birthday. The kids (who live there) eloped, so we hadn't met his folks yet. One day, Grandpa showed off his "new" shorts. He mentioned he'd gotten them at Aspen's thrift store (it's awesome) the day before. On the hike, I admired her Merrell's. She noted that she'd scored them at the same thrift store on a previous trip. Oh, this is gonna be fun!

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2017, 03:44:29 PM »
I survived the Estate Sale mentioned upthread and helped raise $2500 for the family.

Next up: I wanted some long shorts for vacation, but didn't want to go "shopping". A random walk through a consignment store yielded a nice pair of Asics workout pants for $10, which isn't especially cheap, I admit. I took them  home, whacked off the lower legs, and hemmed them neatly right at the knee. They turned out exactly as I'd hoped, and were perfect for our trip to Aspen, which totally cracks me up. I've worn them a number of times since, so I've totally gotten my ten bucks worth out of them.

Trip to Aspen was for granddaughter's first birthday. The kids (who live there) eloped, so we hadn't met his folks yet. One day, Grandpa showed off his "new" shorts. He mentioned he'd gotten them at Aspen's thrift store (it's awesome) the day before. On the hike, I admired her Merrell's. She noted that she'd scored them at the same thrift store on a previous trip. Oh, this is gonna be fun!

Thrifty in-laws? Success!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2017, 08:37:29 PM »

Thrifty in-laws? Success!
The weird thing is their son is a complete-live-for-the-moment kind of guy. Mid-thirties and no savings, hence our desire to start a 529, which of course he knew nothing about (not us starting one, but what a 529 actually is). It's gonna be an interesting ride. We have plenty of popcorn stashed away, both for popping to snack on as we watch but firmly stay out of their business, and to put towards our granddaughter's eventual college. We're thrilled that at least his parents seem to understand finances, so maybe he'll come around one day. Life's interesting, that's for certain.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »
I went to one of my favorite super-cheap thrift stores today. Bought a few things, nothing extraordinary (unless of course you want some Justin Bieber holiday wrapping paper!...hello, funny holiday gifts!) On my way home, I stumbled across a "giveaway sale."  I actually found three items on my buy list (waffle maker and soap dispensers).....as well as a bit more....so I think I'll be posting a few items to sell on the local sale group.  :-) 

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »
I've got a few super deals in the past week for things that were on the list and I've already been wearing. 

2 pairs of dress pants for 20 cents each (to replace my favorite pair I left in a hotel room)
1 pair of new leather, low healed ankle boots, $4.50 (hoping they'll be better for long distances than what I have currently)
4 work shirts ranging from 1.75 to 4.25 - (to replace one I left in a hotel room and one that got a hole and one that shrank funny)
1 new fitted tshirt 20 cents - replaces a hand-me-down teeshirt that developed a random hole

Also claimed one of my boyfriend's belts for my own.  Been checking thrift shops all summer for a medium width simple leather belt.  Maybe I should have checked the men's section?  Boyfriend's belt is perfect.  - tossed 3 crappy belts.

hops

• Bristles
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2017, 06:54:16 PM »
My fiancee recently found her wedding dress at a thrift store for $60. It was 50% off day, and a sales tax holiday, so we paid $30 for what was originally a $500 dress. Not too shabby!

Chesleygirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
My fiancee recently found her wedding dress at a thrift store for $60. It was 50% off day, and a sales tax holiday, so we paid $30 for what was originally a $500 dress. Not too shabby!

I found my "dream gown" in a thrift shop once. Only I'd already gotten married 6 months earlier. :(

This was a gorgeous, silk taffeta, European style gown, very high quality by looking at the details and stitching. I would have had to lose 10 pounds to fit in it, but I would have (had I seen the gown before I got married).

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
Today I found a new in package, Double 12 Dominoes, complete with accessories for Mexican Train, enclosed in a "Heavy Duty, Ostrich-Textured* Leatherette Case with Snap Closure" for $8.00, which is a high thrift store price, but brand-new, so cheap gift for someone who loves to play Mexican Train.

*I know what ostrich looks like, and this ain't even close, but hey, new. Also the dominoes are really heavy and the little trains are cute.

The other thing I bought, at a consignment store this time, was a "performance" jacket for my sister. It's a fancy-schmancy athletic wear brand, complete with tags, so I splashed out and paid $15.75 for it. She's very particular about colors, so this box is checked for Christmas. That plus a $1.00 book from the Library Book Sale and she's all set.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »
Well, I just learned that Mexican Train dominoes is supposed to have actual little train pieces.   Who would have thought it?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2017, 10:35:08 PM »
In every set I've ever seen, the train pieces have holes so they can be threaded on a string. I'll bet they can be found where beads are sold...Yup, just googled it and Amazon and Etsy offer them. Who knew, indeed.

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
I just found Fiesta Ware bowls, 50 cents apiece.

MMMdude

• Bristles
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »
I really dislike shopping but it was time for some "new" clothes as our work now allows jeans some days and I don't really have anything between slob and 'business casual'.  Anyways after applying a 30% coupon, for 40 bucks I got three dress shirts (kenneth cole, banana republic and CK), three sweaters and one long sleeve casual thing.

Retail of all that - assuming during a sale - would easily be couple hundred bucks.

Nice to know that i shouldn't have to buy anything for at least a year and a half.

BAM

• Stubble
« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
Just made a trip on Saturday. Found a skirt and a heavy winter jacket for my 10 year old DD, 4 pairs of snow pants for kids that needed them, a pair of rain boots for the two year old that likes mud, 5 mini stuffed animals for my kids collections (okay that was a splurge) and 6 books that we'll use for homeschooling for $40.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
A cashmere winter scarf for $3.50 and a pima cotton sheet for $2. The pima sheet feels like silk, it's glorious.

My problem with thrift stores is that they raised my expectation over stuff. I lived for years happy with cotton blend sheets, but I got linen and pima cotton at Goodwill, and I love them so much that when they'll be too old and worn out I'm not sure I can just go back to the basic... I'll probably spend a lot more on the good stuff I got accustomed to.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
Saw this in the thrift store today.  Thought folks here might like it too. 

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #282 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
Borrowed Mad Max: Fury Road from the library. Decided to go as a sexy Nux for Halloween. Bought black pants and a white shirt for $8 total from the thrift store. (I also got make up for a lot more, but it's been years since I bought make up so I'm not that upset). I made his mates Larry and Barry from balled up old handkerchiefs.

The costume was a hit.

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »
- Found a nice summer dress for $6.99. This will be great for the office in warmer months.
- I also bought a really pretty peacock blue Banana Republic merino wool sweater for $6.99.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2017, 05:07:18 PM »
Yesterday I found a good office chair that's comfortable for my injury, a rarity of itself. But not only that: it has HEAT. It has SHIATSU MASSAGE. It was $10.
I am very jealous, what brand by the way?

gggggg

• Bristles
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
I didn't read this whole thread, so someone may have mentioned it but.... Men's suits and sportcoats are an excellent deal at thrift shops. Most have hardly been used, and they usually have a nice selection. I bought a nice ralph lauren suit for like $20 last time I was at my local store.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Yesterday I found a good office chair that's comfortable for my injury, a rarity of itself. But not only that: it has HEAT. It has SHIATSU MASSAGE. It was $10.
I am very jealous, what brand by the way?

Unclear. It has heat and shiatsu massage, but the tag is missing.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
I didn't read this whole thread, so someone may have mentioned it but.... Men's suits and sportcoats are an excellent deal at thrift shops. Most have hardly been used, and they usually have a nice selection. I bought a nice ralph lauren suit for like $20 last time I was at my local store.
Lol, just hopped over to share a similar tale. DH has tons of jackets (thrifted or work related) but nothing dressy. His nicest fleece doesn't always cut it. I found a beautiful hip-length dress coat for him at GW for $12.99 yesterday. It was so beautiful and so perfect on him that I didn't even wait until today, Senior Day, to buy it. It's worth the 25% premium.

BTW, it's black, of course, but the lining is a brilliant red. Just thinking of it as I type this makes me smile.

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »
Lol, just hopped over to share a similar tale. DH has tons of jackets (thrifted or work related) but nothing dressy. His nicest fleece doesn't always cut it. I found a beautiful hip-length dress coat for him at GW for $12.99 yesterday. It was so beautiful and so perfect on him that I didn't even wait until today, Senior Day, to buy it. It's worth the 25% premium.

BTW, it's black, of course, but the lining is a brilliant red. Just thinking of it as I type this makes me smile.

Ahhh ... nothing like a great buy for the sig-O.  Congrats!

I've posted in this thread about how truly shitty our thrift stores are here, so I've had to give up on them. There really is no hope at all of finding anything at all.  HOWEVER, I happened upon a Mountain Warehouse liquidation space in the local mall this past fall, and I got my Sig-O a fantabulous waterproof shell for $7.  It was 80% off.  It's a nice dark blue-gray-green, and it replaces a 25-year old awful thing with rips and stains.  I treated myself to a $35 lined, waterproof-breathable (gore-tex equivalent), rated "Extreme" 3/4 length jacket to replace a really old REI jacket that I've been using for winter biking.  Thing is, I'm still using the REI because I can't bring myself to subject the new one to the type of use and abuse I dish out.

Small victories.  I am envious of everyone else's thrift store finds, and I'm hoping that after FIRE in two years, the thrift stores in Montreal are just as good as they used to be before we moved here.

accolay

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #289 on: December 02, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »
Over the last year I've picked up four vintage (pre 1960s) cast iron pans and fixed them up. Seems like the blacker caked on burnt grease, the longer they'll be in the store. I'm quite enjoying the results after restoration and using them after seasoning.

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
Over the last year I've picked up four vintage (pre 1960s) cast iron pans and fixed them up. Seems like the blacker caked on burnt grease, the longer they'll be in the store. I'm quite enjoying the results after restoration and using them after seasoning.

I have two old cast iron skillets that I love.  They have a smooth inner surface, quite unlike the ones you can buy today.  The sides of the large pan are a bit built up with gunk - how do you remove it?

ACyclist

• Bristles
« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »
I do like thrift store shopping.  Some of them have a pungent smell that I have trouble dealing with.  That smell doesn't always seem to wash out of certain fabrics.  When I do shop thrift, I am very choosy.

accolay

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »

I have two old cast iron skillets that I love.  They have a smooth inner surface, quite unlike the ones you can buy today.  The sides of the large pan are a bit built up with gunk - how do you remove it?

Yeah...love that smooth surface!

The internet told me to soak them in lye/water mix. It works, but can take time depending on the amount of grease. Soak-scrub-soak-scrub. Some people apparently put them in the oven on the clean cycle...but others suggest the high heat can damage the pans. Also be careful with using them over electric stoves or something. Some also use electrolysis to get rid of any rust.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2017, 05:30:10 PM »
I've also heard of people getting rid of the crud by spraying it with oven cleaner, putting it in a garbage bag, and setting it in the sun for a few days.

E-tanks and the lye/water mix is also used by some.  High heat/fire cleaning is not recommended because it can damage the cast iron.

I love my cast iron, and my favorites came from a local thrift store.

accolay

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2017, 07:02:57 PM »
I tried that garbage bag trick once and it didn't touch the burnt on stuff. With a couple of pans, even the lye took a very long time to loosen the crud.

Drole

• Stubble
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2018, 12:50:32 PM »
So I took the kids to the thrift store rummage sale.....

Spent about $40 total. Best find: nearly new knock off instant pot for $8.

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2018, 03:48:57 PM »
Just got a brand new stylish work top, tags still on, from a mid-high end store, 100% silk for $2.

LindseyC

• Stubble
« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2018, 08:01:45 AM »
I have a funny find. Two plastic dinosaurs for $1.99. I am making them into succulent planters as lots of people have done online. I am a huge Jurassic Park fan and thought this was a good way to celebrate the awesomeness of dinosaurs. I am spray painted them last night so I need to check them today to see how they turned out once dry.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:10:33 AM by LindseyC »

kei te pai

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2018, 01:57:23 AM »
Today I found a 4m length of soft mossy green viyella type fabric for $4, and a kimono style dressing gown patterrn 50c. Thats tomorrows project, and goodbye to the disintegrating relic I have worn for the last 10+ years!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2018, 05:16:38 AM »
This was not a thrift store find but when I cleaned out my Mom's home after she passed she had an old clay type jug with a lid on it full of change. It came to the house and sat for maybe a year till we decided to count up all the change in our house, hers included. So anyway, the jug was a light teal color with some light hairline spider cracks in the paint. I kind of liked the color but the whole thing was kind of ugly. I didn't want to throw it out because it was Mom's. So it sat for a while and I decided I wanted to paint it. I looked for that teal color but couldn't find the exact color. So one day at Walmart I found a darker turquoise color and right away I knew it was THE color! My Hub painted it and it is gorgeous! It has a little shine to it too! I absolutely love it. So my point is, you might find an ugly duckling at a thrift store, but a little spray paint can do miracles!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!