Author Topic: removed  (Read 288000 times)

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
Re: Southwest 100,000 bonus points + 2 years of Companion Status badass offer
« Reply #550 on: December 28, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »
I just pushed both my SW cards over the $2,000 threshold for triggering the bonus points today. Also, we ended up getting my wife a Chase Sapphire Preferred card and hitting the points bonus amount on that card yesterday. Since the $4,000 we spent on the SW cards to get the bonuses won't count since all those bonus points will hit next year, I think we're going to transfer some of the Chase Ultimate Rewards points through another companion pass-qualifying points system (like Hyatt) to cover the additional 10,000 point we'll need instead of spending another $10,000 on the SW cards. That's $10,000 that could be put toward other new card bonuses that would have a much greater reward. Really excited to see how all this is going to work out and I'm looking forward to taking some trips this upcoming year!

I do hope you mean you finished your spending today but your statement closes in January. Not that you got your bonus points today. Because if it's the latter then your companion pass starts today and ends 12/31/2017.

For the record, you wouldn't need an additional $10k in spending on the Southwest cards. You'd need $6k because you spent $4k on your Southwest cards already to earn the signup bonus. You earned 4k in points for the spending itself.
Yes I finished the spending but my 90 window closes January 4. It'll be my 4th statement thanks to a weird shortened first statement. Most all of my 4k in spending won't count because it was done in 2016.

Oh right. I didn't think that last bit through.

Unicorn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »

.... I transferred the equivalent of 12,000 miles from Marriott points to get over the hump. However, it turns out that the points won't necessarily transfer for 6 weeks....

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else has a similar question in the future. The Marriott points actually transferred over within 24 hours, even though they apparently reserve the right to take up to six weeks to move them. (So, I did get my Companion pass!)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
Nice!  Congrats, and thanks for following up with that info.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Slow&Steady

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
I have a Chase SW card right now that I was planning to close.  We opened the card during the summer of 2015.  If I closed the account today would I be able to get these offers if I reapply in Jan?

gluskap

• Stubble
    • Money Savvy Mommy
« Reply #554 on: December 29, 2016, 12:39:59 PM »
Just signed up for my Chase Southwest Premier card and the Plus Card today.  Hopefully I get approved for both.  Unfortunately don't have a business so I will only get 50k points for the premier card and 40k points for the Plus card. 

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
I have a Chase SW card right now that I was planning to close.  We opened the card during the summer of 2015.  If I closed the account today would I be able to get these offers if I reapply in Jan?
No.  Terms are 1 signup bonus per card type per 2 years - January has not been 2 years since summer 2015.

So the thing to do is to have your companion get the cards in their name, assuming they don't already have them.  Otherwise wait until end of 2017 to apply and get set up for 2018-19.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #556 on: January 01, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »
Heads up guys. Starting today transfers from hotel and car rental partners DO NOT count towards the companion pass.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/hotel-transfers-no-longer-count-towards-southwest-companion-pass/

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2017, 06:14:51 PM »
Heads up guys. Starting today transfers from hotel and car rental partners DO NOT count towards the companion pass.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/hotel-transfers-no-longer-count-towards-southwest-companion-pass/

Too bad, but makes sense.  This was a huge loophole in reality.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #558 on: January 03, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »

Too bad, but makes sense.  This was a huge loophole in reality.

Yeah, bummer.  I was going to use that this month.  But totally makes sense as to why they closed it--I have no complaints about that.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

bye-bye Ms. FancyPants

• Stubble
« Reply #559 on: January 04, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »
Anyone have referral codes to both cards for the 50,000 points? Time to re-up for 2017-2018 year!

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2017, 09:29:48 PM »
Sounds like Southwest is extending their Companion Pass transfer eligibility through March 31st, 2017. Now I have to decide whether I pull the plug on Marriott Air+Hotel package to get the CP for this year and next. I was initially going to do it next year and get it through end of 2019 since we are expecting our second child this year and most likely won't be able to use it much. But may go for it. The extension is nice given that there was no advance notice before (which they aren't required to provide by any means...).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #561 on: January 05, 2017, 03:49:56 AM »
That's really awesome. They had no obligation to do that, and the companion pass undoubtedly costs them money, but awesome that they listened to feedback and are allowing it for a few more months (here at the beginning of the year, when people are most likely to use it).   We'll be taking advantage to convert like 10k later this month to hit the companion pass on top of bonuses from cards that will post this month (then we don't have to spend to hit it, and can move onto another card right away).

I love Southwest.  :D

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #562 on: January 05, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »
Hi All,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi because I am the OP of this thread and my Companion Pass just expired from when I first started this thread a little over 2 years ago.  I am glad to see that this thread is still going strong and it probably helped a lot of you get some cheap travel!

You should strong arm your companion into getting the Southwest cards ;)

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »
Hi All,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi because I am the OP of this thread and my Companion Pass just expired from when I first started this thread a little over 2 years ago.  I am glad to see that this thread is still going strong and it probably helped a lot of you get some cheap travel!

It's because of this thread that my wife and I freely chose to revisit Cancun, Mexico for our 1st anniversary in 2015. We then traveled to Costa Rica for our 2nd anniversary. In the mean time I flew to Denver for business, and again to visit friends with wifey along as companion, which I nearly certainly would not have decided to pay for full price. It also allowed me to, without hesitation, immediately book tickets for wifey and I to DC to visit my friend on her 30th birthday. Taxes were the only costs involved for the flights. We still have 51k points on my card thanks to referrals, though my companion pass has also expired. However, we've got my wife enrolled and will have another companion pass secured around March for the following 21months.

I've got my sister enrolled, so that she and her husband can afford an international vacation with their two children (whereas my wife and I may very well decide to join), something they wouldn't otherwise be able to fit in their budget.

In short, it's been awesome!

bye-bye Ms. FancyPants

• Stubble
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
I applied for my two cards today using 2 different browsers. The second said it needed to go for further review and I should know something within 10 days. Pretty sure I meet all criteria (no recent card apps, etc) Did I screw up?

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #565 on: January 07, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »
Hi all, can anyone share or PM me referral links to the two SW cards at issue here?  Would love to hop on this bandwagon especially because it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the Reserve before the 100k bonus expires. :-/

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #566 on: January 09, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »
I applied for my two cards today using 2 different browsers. The second said it needed to go for further review and I should know something within 10 days. Pretty sure I meet all criteria (no recent card apps, etc) Did I screw up?
Call the reconsideration number.  They'll either issue the card or tell you why they can't issue the card.  If the issue is "we've got too much credit extended to you", you may be able to suggest they split the limit they gave you on card 1 onto the 2 cards instead or something along those lines.

bye-bye Ms. FancyPants

• Stubble
« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2017, 10:46:06 AM »
Call the reconsideration number.  They'll either issue the card or tell you why they can't issue the card.  If the issue is "we've got too much credit extended to you", you may be able to suggest they split the limit they gave you on card 1 onto the 2 cards instead or something along those lines.

so I called and was told anytime 2 applications are submitted on the same day it "raises a red flag and goes to a pending status for further review" He just kept repeating this over and over. ... News to me. I've never had that happen before. I closed both of these accounts with the most recent Oct 2016 AND I didn't even get companion status last time (under my name) because I screwed up my bonuses. So, we shall see.

FIREGuy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
Signed up for both last night! Here we go

Longwaytogo

• Magnum Stache
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #569 on: January 09, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »

so I called and was told anytime 2 applications are submitted on the same day it "raises a red flag and goes to a pending status for further review" He just kept repeating this over and over. ... News to me. I've never had that happen before. I closed both of these accounts with the most recent Oct 2016 AND I didn't even get companion status last time (under my name) because I screwed up my bonuses. So, we shall see.

Does anyone know if they ever let you know if you definitely don't qualify or won't get it?

My wife applied for both Chase Sapphire reserved and then minutes later to SW in a different browser. Instant approval for the Sapphire which we have already received and working on the minimum spend. It's been~3 weeks and we have not heard anything back on the SW or received it.

I would have just thought we would of got a letter in the mail or an email saying sorry you were denied or whatever.

They were her 4 and 5th app in the 24 months so thought we were good there.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #570 on: January 09, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »

I did them both on the same day in 2015, called recon and wound up closing a United card I had opened earlier that year and they approved 2nd.  When we did for my wife last year, we called and they said it was her limited credit history (not many cards in her name - these were the first credit cards we got for her specifically), and to try again in a month or two.  Sure enough, applied again 45 days or so later and it went through.  So if they don't say anything, I'd just wait and try again in a little while.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #571 on: January 09, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »
My Plus and Premier bonus points posted today! So I'm at 107,000 out of 110,000 for the CP - just need to earn the last 3k points before next statement closes and we should be good to go.

Free honeymoon heck yes :)

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #572 on: January 10, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »
For those of you with a business, the Business Premier signup bonus is now at 60k points so you won't have to struggle to get those last 6k points.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-southwest-business-premier-60000-point-bonus-easily-get-companion-pass/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:19:44 AM by johnny847 »

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #573 on: January 10, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »
SouthWest just kindly sent me 50k referral links for the Plus and Premier cards, so if anyone needs referrals, just send me a P.M. :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #574 on: January 10, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »
I also have 50k referral links for both, if anyone needs them!  :)

CloserToFree

• Bristles
« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »
Can anyone tell me whether the Plus and the Premier use a similar 5/24 rule as the Chase Reserve does?  I have 6 cards opened in the past 24 months (will be down to 5 in May 2017 and down to 4 in November 2017) and am concerned that since these are Chase cards too, I'm doomed.  Say it ain't so?

And to clarify timing: If I apply for both now and get approved, meet the minimum spend amounts and spend enough additional to hit the 110,000 points needed in the next few months, then I'd get the companion pass for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017, correct?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
Can anyone tell me whether the Plus and the Premier use a similar 5/24 rule as the Chase Reserve does?  I have 6 cards opened in the past 24 months (will be down to 5 in May 2017 and down to 4 in November 2017) and am concerned that since these are Chase cards too, I'm doomed.  Say it ain't so?

And to clarify timing: If I apply for both now and get approved, meet the minimum spend amounts and spend enough additional to hit the 110,000 points needed in the next few months, then I'd get the companion pass for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017, correct?

The second part is correct.

As for the first, it seems that these two cards don't count for the 5/24 rule, so you may be okay!  :)

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »

According to DoC these two cards are subjected to the 5/24 rule. A cursory review of the comments looks like some have had luck despite being over 5/24 (may have had a targeted offer?). Like everything, YMMV.

Also, I assume you meant rest of 2017 and all of 2018? If so, that is correct.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:03:04 PM by MsFrugalista »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #578 on: January 11, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »
Hah, I read it twice and didn't catch the date thing. So weird during January to adjust to the new year.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
« Reply #579 on: January 11, 2017, 07:43:23 PM »
Thanks to both of you - and yes, 2017 and 2018 (still stuck in 2016 - oops!).

fh2000

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2017, 08:22:01 AM »
I now have both Premier and Plus credit cards.  By next statement cycle (2/8/17), I should have 104,000 RR points.  I tried to transfer 5000 UR points to Hyatt for a test last night and the points showed up in my Hyatt account this morning.

I then tried to transfer that 5000 to SW, though I can't find the transfer option on my Hyatt Gold Passport account.  I had to call Hyatt HelpLine, and asked to transfer for me, which they did.  They told me it would take 3 weeks to finish, so I will wait before I transfer more.

I read from somewhere that you can transfer online from Hyatt to SW.  I wonder where that option is.

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »

I then tried to transfer that 5000 to SW, though I can't find the transfer option on my Hyatt Gold Passport account.  I had to call Hyatt HelpLine, and asked to transfer for me, which they did.  They told me it would take 3 weeks to finish, so I will wait before I transfer more.

I read from somewhere that you can transfer online from Hyatt to SW.  I wonder where that option is.

I think you do have to call or email Hyatt for the transfer. The "official" transfer time is 4-6 weeks. But there are data points on flyertalk that state people have gotten it within a week. So just check your account in a week or even every few days (if in a hurry) to check if they've been transferred!

Enjoy the CP!

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #582 on: January 18, 2017, 09:20:06 AM »
When I look online at my Southwest account, it allows me to check my point accumulation by category. It allows me to look at "companion pass qualifying points".

Apparently referral points help qualify for the companion pass. Has anyone else found this to be accurate? I won't know until the next few days, but I may have timed it just well enough to get the companion pass on the months end statement.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #583 on: January 18, 2017, 03:43:19 PM »
When I look online at my Southwest account, it allows me to check my point accumulation by category. It allows me to look at "companion pass qualifying points".

Apparently referral points help qualify for the companion pass. Has anyone else found this to be accurate? I won't know until the next few days, but I may have timed it just well enough to get the companion pass on the months end statement.

They do indeed.

Someone from the forums PM'd me for a 50k referral, I'm counting on it to hit my 110k.  :)

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #584 on: January 18, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »

They do indeed.

Someone from the forums PM'd me for a 50k referral, I'm counting on it to hit my 110k.  :)

That's the exact scenario I've found myself in. I had another referral, but it landed in December. Although I'm always happy to have an extra 5k points for a referral, I'm even more pleased that this next one should land in January's statement and push me to 110k. Then it's time to move onto the Chase Sapphire Rewards card with 100k point bonus. I'll be asking for a referral when that time comes ;)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »

They do indeed.

What's the referral bonus at SW?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #586 on: January 18, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »
5K points.

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2017, 08:00:50 AM »
The 50k point bonuses from both my cards just hit my RR account. I now have 113k points to spend, though I'm still 9.5k points short of the companion pass since it's a new year. We signed my wife up for a Chase Sapphire Preferred card and hit that bonus in December so the plan is to make up the 9.5k points though a combination of spending and a points transfer from Chase->Hyatt->SW. It would take us several months to hit the 9.5k points through spending alone and I don't want to have to wait that long to book a flight with the benefit of the companion pass.

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2017, 08:08:30 AM »
Something worth noting...

It appears that after March 31st, Southwest will no longer be allowing point transfers from Hotel partner programs to count toward the Companion pass. This was originally supposed to be effective January 1 but Southwest reversed their position after what I imagine to be a bunch of angry calls from customers who had initiated the process months ago to earn the Companion Pass in January. Pretty gracious of them.

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/no-hotel-transfers-for-southwest-companion-pass/

toppdealer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FIRE'd at 32. Husband and Father.
« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »
The SW CP is a key tool to our traveling FIRE life. Given the Chase 5/24 rule we rotate. I get both cards and achieve CP early in the year. We have CP for nearly two full years. I cancel mine at the end of year (before being hit with annual fees) and then my wife applies for two cards for the next two years, once mine ends. We're on the third cycle of this now and have been traveling all over for 5+ years now. Already have CP for 2017/18.  International locations via SW continue to expand and are an incredible value as well. Feel free to PM with any questions or to request a 50k/50k referral link. Cheers!

DailyGrindFree

• Stubble
    • Daily Grind Free
« Reply #590 on: January 24, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
Wow. referral points count? I am relatively new to this card churning business. About 3 months ago or so, my wife and I both got Chase Sapphire Reserve. Just met the requirements, so decided to apply for Chase Southwest Premier yesterday evening. I got approved and now I can login to my account. I don't have the card yet but I have the account and I know my last 4 digits. That was fast.

If anyone needs a referral and would like to help me get to 110K quickly. I would really really appreciate it. I may even buy you a virtual beer. :-)

I am really excited about the possibility of getting a Companion Pass.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »
I got the Southwest pass in spring 2015 and it lasted through 12/31/16.

I'd like to churn this - I mean get the Companion Pass again - but I think there is a two-year speed limit that Chase imposes (separately from the 5/24 limit).

Does anyone know for sure when this 2 year limit clock starts?  Is it related to account opening or when one gets the points?

From my scant records it looks like I got my first Chase Southwest card on 12/5/14, my second chase card on 1/14/15, and hit my 110K points on a purchase that occurred on 3/23/15.  Both cards were personal ones I believe.

I've got a sophomore in high school and think that getting the CP I can add him to that and then use our points to visit colleges the rest of his sophomore year, all of his junior year, and the first half of his senior year.

I know most of the time people advocate getting this at the end of the year, but I was applying for other cards in November and was afraid if I got the Chase SW cards before 12/5/16 I might violate the 2 year rule and then would be out of luck in terms of the CP.

I tried googling but anything having to do with "2 year" and "companion pass" all point to getting the CP for almost 2 years, not anything having to do with the limit on churnability.

Thanks!

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/50kPlusNonAEP?CELL=6RHZ
Earn 50,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.* This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

It is from when you received your bonus points.  So I'd go with "after the bonus points on the last card went over to Southwest" as a "safe" date to apply again.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/50kPlusNonAEP?CELL=6RHZ
Earn 50,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.* This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

It is from when you received your bonus points.  So I'd go with "after the bonus points on the last card went over to Southwest" as a "safe" date to apply again.

Thanks!!

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #594 on: January 31, 2017, 12:49:10 AM »
I'm sure this has been covered, but maybe one of you guys could tell me,

Does transferring points from one Rapid Rewards account to another count towards the companion pass? I'm 9k points shy of the companion pass (not all of my bonus qualifying spending landed in 2017), and was hoping to get that companion pass on my wife's account sooner than later. I've got 51k points left over in my account that could be transferred. Or at least the minimum necessary to earn the CP.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #595 on: January 31, 2017, 01:40:15 AM »
No it does not.

They're still allowing the hotel rollover loophole for the next two months, if you have Chase UR points or whatever.

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2017, 10:08:21 AM »
Got an email today for 50k point referrals.

Send me a message if you need to get started towards your companion pass :)

FIRE2022

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »
If you are signed up for the 50k miles promotion for the southwest premiere business card, call them and have them move you to the 60k miles sign up promotion. It works!

Now the long version. Just wanted to add a tip for anyone that is in the process of getting the companion pass. I got 2 southwest cards, the personal plus (Oct 2016) and the premier business card (Dec 2016). Both were offering 50k points at the time of sign up. Late in Jan 2017, I noticed that Chase had increased the sign up bonus for the business premier card to 60k points. Up until then, I was concerned about how to get my remaining $6k of spend and this would take care of it. So I called Chase and asked them to apply the 60k sign up bonus promotion to my account instead of the 50k sign up bonus. Note, I hadn't received my sign up bonus as of then, but had completed the spend requirements. The call center rep told me they would put in a request with the marketing department and that I would hear of their decision within 10 business days. I called them again after a week and got the same response. February rolled around, my statement closed and I saw that I was awarded only 50k points, instead of 60k points that I was hoping for. I also got a letter shortly after telling me I was signed up for the 50k promotion. I was pretty disappointed. Anyways, yesterday I got a letter in the mail telling me that they have issued an extra 10k miles which will post to my Southwest account when my statement closes early March. I am super excited as I won't have to manufacture spend to get my companion pass.

So advise for anyone that recently got the business premiere card under the 50k miles promotion. Call Chase and have them move you to the 60k miles promotion.

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »
I am sure in the last 14 pages this has been discussed but can you get the premier business card if you are just a landlord or something else that is pretty small and not so businessy?

Can you use it to buy things or services that are just personal? I guess I could pay the HVAC company when they do their annual maintenance and split up my insurance bill but that is, definitely note enough to hit the required spending.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:51 PM »
I am sure in the last 14 pages this has been discussed but can you get the premier business card if you are just a landlord or something else that is pretty small and not so businessy?

Yes. You just use your SSN.