Author Topic: Side Hustle: Started Selling Fine Art Photography Online  (Read 1843 times)

steevven1

• Stubble
Side Hustle: Started Selling Fine Art Photography Online
« on: August 02, 2019, 04:27:34 PM »
Photography is something I have always been passionate about. In the past, the only way I have monetized it is to offer photography as a service (shooting weddings, portraits, newspaper gigs, etc.). That's worked really well, but all the work I do without being commissioned (like landscapes) has sorta just sat around without a purpose. Recently, as I've been traveling to every single US National Park this year, I've felt the urge to get more out of the images I've been creating, so I launched an online art shop:

https://www.keysphotography.com/art

I haven't made much money yet, but I figured I'd make others aware that you can set up a similar shop using Fine Art America. As you'll see on my site, they offer a lot of different printing options, including traditional art prints and home decor/accessories like cell phone cases, stationery, towels, mugs, tote bags, etc. It's not just for photographers either; in fact, most of the artists registered with the site aren't selling photography.

They also have some pretty cool features to help you promote yourself, like coupon codes. I made a discount code for my shop to share with my fellow Mustachians, in case any of y'all are in the market to buy some art from America's National Parks :-) - The code is "BMDYSN".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:59:01 PM by steevven1 »

Daughn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • www.LiveBreathEatKeto.com
Re: Side Hustle: Started Selling Fine Art Photography Online
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 03:35:43 PM »
How is this working out for you? It seems like an interesting sideline.

steevven1

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 11:22:34 PM »
How is this working out for you? It seems like an interesting sideline.

So far I've had too little traffic to discern how well anything sells. My blog just started getting some significant press yesterday though, so I'm hoping to drive more traffic to my artwork through that medium and see how it goes!

Parizade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Happily FIREd
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
PTF, I've considered something like this too!