Author Topic: Share your meal plan!  (Read 3807 times)

duckfeetin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Share your meal plan!
« on: October 05, 2016, 07:40:39 PM »
You will soon discover my meal plan is not very badass, but it's about half what I normally buy.m maybe your ideas can step up my game.
Orange glazed chicken with grilled cauliflower, frittata (tomato, broccoli, cheese), project tenderloin with cauliflower potatoes broccoli and cheese, pulled pork (from the tenderloin) romane salad, orange chicken with rice and left over veggies.

Based on my current freezer sock and the additional staples, this week's dinners and lunches are about $65. Normally for me it's about 150! Small steps

Anje

• Stubble
Re: Share your meal plan!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 02:42:58 AM »
Mine is unusually simple this week (I always do simple on anticipated stressfull weeks)
Made chili con carne with a healthy helping of both lentils and beans on monday. Chucked in corn and bell peppers for greens. This was dinner monday and lunch tuesday-thursday. Last night I wamped up the leftovers for dinner: baked in a bell pepper with mushrooms and green beans on the side. Tuesday I ate (forraged) chanterelles on toast. For dinner tonight I'm out of chili (I'm still not tired of it) so I'll make terriaki salmon wok to make up my "seafood quota" of the week. Saturday is (semi)vegetarian day with onion soup.

Don't know the cost of this weeks dinners: I got ground meat for $ 3 and a can of tomatoes for $ 1, then I got the bell pepper and mushrooms for $ 3. The rest was random bits from fridge and freezer plus some leftover produce from last week. I do know the green beans cost $ 6.

meerkat

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:44:21 AM »
I started a similar thread here, I've been meaning to bump it up with my most recent round of planning. I think I'll go do that now, actually. That thread was older than I thought.

My plan is to go through all of these recipes once then start at the beginning and go through them all a second time before moving on to the next five week plan. I only plan four dinners per week. Two previous iterations of this can be found at the link, I actually should start figuring out the next iteration.

Potato nachos (shredded chicken thighs or beef) - Eh, just make regular nachos.
Paprika lime marinated chicken, roasted vegetables, either rice side or rolls
Sticky soy ginger glaze chicken, vegetables, rice
Orange apricot pork chops (slow cooker)

Broccoli salad - oven roasted the broccoli and onion, turned out awesome.
Stuffed pepper casserole - this was basically a quiche. We just did enchiladas the second time.
Chicken florentine pasta
Fennel chicken with orange (slow cooker) - Eh, this came out okay but not great. I probably won't use this recipe again cause I have too many other chicken recipes.

Pineapple pork chops, rice, [vegetable side]
Burrito bowl/cowboy caviar (add meat maybe)
Lemongrass coconut chicken - DELICIOUS. This is probably my new favorite meal on this list.
Middle eastern chicken, vegetables, chickpeas, couscous

Lemon roasted chicken and cauliflower - again, okay but not great.
Mushroom pasta
Black bean and sweet potato indian dish (veg) - this turned out pretty good, I think I'll change the processing steps for a different texture at the end
Italian chili (slow cooker, beef)

Broccoli cheddar (sweet) potatoes (add crumbled bacon) - I really liked this one
Creamy chicken/beef fajita pasta - husband gave this one the thumbs up, which is shocking considering it's a pasta dish and he thinks I make pasta way too often.
Pizza spirals (maybe add pepperoni) - No. Lots of work for not an impressive result. Just do home made pizza, same flavor for a lot less work.
Honey chicken thighs (slow cooker or roasted)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:57:49 AM by meerkat »

Nangirl17

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:49:16 AM »
This week has been leftover turkey. My DH bought a large turkey on sale ($27), cooked it up with all the trimmings for company on Saturday and we've been eating it ever since! I also made some chili and some potato casserole to have some variety. This week totals around $60 (not including breakfast) since the bird was so big and the fridge is stocked full of leftovers!!

My new favourite meal cheap is:
-fry an onion. Add cumin and chili powder, can of black beans (rinsed), 1.5c frozen corn, jar of salsa, simmer a few minutes. Serve over baked potatoes with a dollop of sour cream and some grated cheese sprinkled over the top if desired. 
Yummy, healthy, and so easy!!!

duckfeetin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 02:03:18 PM »
I am already planning next week!  Marherita pita pizza with spinach and tomato sald, Steak and Mango salad with bell pepers and romaine, broccoli mac'n' cheese with keilbasa, vegetable stir fy, california cobb salad, blt lettuce wrap with garlic mayo!

My grocery bill came to $70 again and will be here in a few days when the week resets. 

I bought extra milk, stuff to make cookies and breakfast!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 02:12:57 PM »
Romaine salad topped with roast beef and homemade chimichurri sauce.

Panang curry with mixed frozen veggies, a fresh red bell pepper, and shredded cabbage, with ground beef.

Tuna cakes with pesto, on jasmine rice or romaine (depending on what we're feeling).

Fish tacos with salsa verde.

Burgers on dave's bread for DH to take while out of town for a couple days for work.

For misc veggie sides we had asparagus this afternoon and I'm packing roasted broccoli for DH to take out of town. Earlier this week had artichokes.

And for breakfast, as always for me, is 2 scrambled eggs in butter topped with either Frank's hot sauce or Pesto.

frugalkristen

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
I work 4 10 hr shifts each week so I meal plan to make those days easier.  Always nice to grab breakfast and lunch and toss them into my lunch box!

This week -

I made a pot roast (roast on sale!) - potatoes, carrots and celery.  Add a packet of ranch dressing mix, au jus mix and a stick of butter (I usually use 2/3 stick) and a little water in the crock pot.  That was dinner that night and lunch the rest of the week.  Probably under $15 - and I still have some for the weekend!

Next week -

I'll make a batch of spaghetti and meatballs for my lunches.  Spaghetti and jar of sauce are $1 each.  I make meatballs from scratch and freeze them so I have them when I want.  The few I'll use for the week are probably about $3.

Other weeks - chicken stir fry, beef stew, home made chicken salad, beef stroganoff, pork chops, etc. 

Breakfast is usually 2 scrambled eggs (I make these ahead and heat them up at work) or toast.  Pretty inexpensive.
Dinner is usually the meal I make for lunches that week then lighter dishes the rest of the week - salads, fruit, or grilled cheese.  I mix it up depending on what my lunches are. 

meerkat

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Next round of five weeks:

Butternut squash soup
Chicken pot pie
Italian Wonderpot
Cranberry beef crockpot, sweet potatoes, stuffing

Potato and leek soup (bacon?)
Beef & broccoli
Spinach and feta crustless quiche
Slow cooker jambalaya

African peanut stew (vegan)
Balsamic chicken skillet, side of packaged pasta/rice side
Beef mushroom country casserole
Italian chicken crockpot, rolls

Minestrone
Shepherds pie
Black bean enchiladas
Honey Seasame slow cooker (either pork or chicken depending on prices)

Black bean and sweet potato dopiaza (vegetarian indian dish. Very tasty.)
Maple glazed chicken with rosemary roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips 
Risotto
Chili over egg noodles