Author Topic: Omnibus Bike to Work thread  (Read 12594 times)

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
Re: Omnibus Bike to Work thread
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2015, 11:25:46 AM »
How do you get a cost per mile of $ .10? I think my bicycle costs under $ .01/mile, and that is including extra food.
The estimate was showing that at the incremental difference in cost per mile between driving and riding an ebike was at least $.15 allowing a payoff of a $600 ebike conversion in about 34 weeks. Of course $.10 per mile for a bike is probably closer to the all-in costs (including depreciation of capital) whereas the $.25 per mile for driving is probably excludes capital depreciation, so the payoff is actually much faster than the 34 week estimate.

vhalros

• Bristles
Re: Omnibus Bike to Work thread
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
The estimate was showing that at the incremental difference in cost per mile between driving and riding an ebike was at least $.15 allowing a payoff of a $600 ebike conversion in about 34 weeks. Of course $.10 per mile for a bike is probably closer to the all-in costs (including depreciation of capital) whereas the $.25 per mile for driving is probably excludes capital depreciation, so the payoff is actually much faster than the 34 week estimate.

Ah, I was missing the fact that you were talking about an ebike.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!