Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1916684 times)

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #5450 on: March 26, 2022, 06:35:46 AM »
Yes, he definitely had a mail forwarding service for awhile during his adventures abroad. He explained it in pretty good detail. It's in this thread somewhere.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5451 on: March 26, 2022, 08:32:58 AM »
Yep!

I was using TravelingMailbox.com

They only accept mail sent to the account holders' name, so cards sent to my name (for the AU), I had opened and then shredded, but if a card was sent in the AUs name, it was just sent back. I never had an issue with this, CC providers never said anything.

The upside was I never received any junk mail associated with AUs, it was discarded/returned to sender for me.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #5452 on: March 26, 2022, 08:58:48 AM »
Yep!

I was using TravelingMailbox.com

They only accept mail sent to the account holders' name, so cards sent to my name (for the AU), I had opened and then shredded, but if a card was sent in the AUs name, it was just sent back. I never had an issue with this, CC providers never said anything.

The upside was I never received any junk mail associated with AUs, it was discarded/returned to sender for me.

Good to know. Thanks!

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5453 on: April 05, 2022, 12:41:44 PM »
Was curious what I should do after adding an AU (via Discover over the phone) where they put down my address for the AU (rather than the AU's own address). I obviously get the card sent to my address so I can activate them etc but yesterday I got a letter addressed to one of my AUs with my address and it seems like it might be from a collections agency (not sure). In cases like this where I don't have mail forwarding etc setup, what should I do? Write "this person is not at this address", write in the address given to me by the tradeline co, and drop it back in the mail?

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5454 on: April 05, 2022, 12:52:38 PM »
Was curious what I should do after adding an AU (via Discover over the phone) where they put down my address for the AU (rather than the AU's own address). I obviously get the card sent to my address so I can activate them etc but yesterday I got a letter addressed to one of my AUs with my address and it seems like it might be from a collections agency (not sure). In cases like this where I don't have mail forwarding etc setup, what should I do? Write "this person is not at this address", write in the address given to me by the tradeline co, and drop it back in the mail?

Shred it or trash it. If someone is linking your AU to your address and sending mail it's almost always going to be from someone trying to get money from the AU and they're just trying the scattershot approach of mailing any address related to them, calling any number, etc.

We live in a rental property and even though we've been here a few years and wrote "return to sender, not at this address" on a dozen pieces of mail from previous tenants they keep coming. Now they just go straight in the trash.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5455 on: April 05, 2022, 02:47:02 PM »

I get lots of mail addressed to AUs. I just trash 'em. You have no obligation or risk here.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5456 on: April 05, 2022, 05:10:40 PM »

For discover you can add it online, including SSN and address.  I just added one 5 minutes ago.  Even if you use their address instead of yours, they will get mixed up with your address and you will get mail addressed to them at your address.  Sending it back is a waste of time because they just keep coming.  Anything that comes addressed to an AU (besides the initial card) goes straight into the garbage.  I don't bother sending anything back, or even checking if it's important.  If my neighbor's mail is accidentally delivered I will deliver it myself, or send it back, but anything addressed to an AU or an unknown name at my address goes straight in the trash.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5457 on: April 06, 2022, 09:04:02 AM »
Sort of on a similar theme, I was wondering about not receiving the initial card addressed to me but in the AU’s name. I saw it on my daily usps informed delivery, but it wasn’t delivered. I’ve noticed a lot of junk mail to the AU’s not being delivered (don’t mind that), but not the initial credit card.

I don’t activate the cards anyway, but a little concerned a card is out there in the wild.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5458 on: April 06, 2022, 09:14:40 AM »

For discover you can add it online, including SSN and address.  I just added one 5 minutes ago.  Even if you use their address instead of yours, they will get mixed up with your address and you will get mail addressed to them at your address.  Sending it back is a waste of time because they just keep coming.  Anything that comes addressed to an AU (besides the initial card) goes straight into the garbage.  I don't bother sending anything back, or even checking if it's important.  If my neighbor's mail is accidentally delivered I will deliver it myself, or send it back, but anything addressed to an AU or an unknown name at my address goes straight in the trash.

I hit the threshold for # of AUs added within a certain period, so any AUs I want to add I have to call into customer service :( Unfortunately, not all the reps understand that there's a difference between the AU's personal address and the *primary mailing* address. So half the time, a given rep will enter your primary mailing address if you tell them you want the AU's card sent to you but that you want the AU to have their own address on file. I'm paranoid adding the cards via phone so I always tell them I want the card only sent to my primary address. When I tell them I have the AU's address, this is where they brush it off half the time and say they can't add anything, etc...

In any case, I guess I'll just trash it. The mail piece I got, I actually opened it and it's a debt recovery/collector seeking $67.xx on behalf of the gas/electric company where this AU lives. Guess he hasn't paid his bills...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 09:16:44 AM by jeromedawg »

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5459 on: April 06, 2022, 11:12:09 AM »
I will occasionally check the mail addressed to an AU before chucking it. Last year right before Christmas, I did on a piece that looked different than the usual junk/collections. It was two checks for a not insubstantial amount. I wasn't really sure what to do, but I looked up the address I had on file for them and sent them on to them - I figured they could probably use it right around the holidays. Most times it just gets chucked in the burn pile, though.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5460 on: April 06, 2022, 06:17:37 PM »
Sort of on a similar theme, I was wondering about not receiving the initial card addressed to me but in the AU’s name. I saw it on my daily usps informed delivery, but it wasn’t delivered. I’ve noticed a lot of junk mail to the AU’s not being delivered (don’t mind that), but not the initial credit card.

I don’t activate the cards anyway, but a little concerned a card is out there in the wild.

This is more of an issue for those issuers who send cards which are already activated. Hard to believe this actually happens but it does.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #5461 on: April 06, 2022, 06:59:29 PM »

This is more of an issue for those issuers who send cards which are already activated. Hard to believe this actually happens but it does.

Which issuers are those?  None of the issuers I use do that (Barclays, Citi, Chase, BofA, USBank, CapOne).  At least, they all have stickers and card activation web pages that act like they're working.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5462 on: April 07, 2022, 07:48:48 PM »

Which issuers are those?  None of the issuers I use do that (Barclays, Citi, Chase, BofA, USBank, CapOne).  At least, they all have stickers and card activation web pages that act like they're working.

Both PNC and the one Elan card I have do this. The card number, expiration date, and security code are identical to my card. The only difference is the individual's name on the front.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5463 on: April 07, 2022, 08:40:33 PM »

Both PNC and the one Elan card I have do this. The card number, expiration date, and security code are identical to my card. The only difference is the individual's name on the front.

Thanks.  My PNC and Elan cards are aging currently. ;-)

Do they come with activation stickers?  Chase and BofA both have recently sent me AU cards with the AU's name but the same card number, expiration date, and security code on them as mine, *and* activation stickers.  I activated them and it seemed like something happened.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the AU card worked without being activated.  I have never tried; I just sockdrawer them when they arrive and shred them after removing the AU.

Bibimbap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5464 on: April 08, 2022, 04:31:21 AM »
Speaking of Elan, is anyone selling tradelines on their Elan card?  Mine just aged and I asked the new company to add it to my cards and they said they no longer accept Elan cards because Elan doesn't report any more.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5465 on: April 08, 2022, 05:55:01 AM »
Yes the two sellers I work with keep my elans full.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5466 on: April 08, 2022, 01:41:20 PM »
I've gotten a few Collection Agency letters for my AU.
I have had one guy show up trying to server papers to an AU.
And another time a repo guy (I assume) showed up in a tow truck and asked me if Mr. AU lived here or if I knew him.   Ugh!!!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5467 on: April 08, 2022, 01:43:54 PM »
I've gotten a few Collection Agency letters for my AU.
I have had one guy show up trying to server papers to an AU.
And another time a repo guy (I assume) showed up in a tow truck and asked me if Mr. AU lived here or if I knew him.   Ugh!!!

Get a PO BOX :)  About $50 / year

Bibimbap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5468 on: April 08, 2022, 02:55:15 PM »
Yes the two sellers I work with keep my elans full.
are you working with the companies arebelspy recommends here (the old company and the new one)?

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5469 on: April 08, 2022, 03:06:50 PM »
I work with different companies.  Not as vetted as the ones recommended here but they keep my cards full and have confidence after working with both for a couple of years.

Bibimbap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5470 on: April 08, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »
I work with different companies.  Not as vetted as the ones recommended here but they keep my cards full and have confidence after working with both for a couple of years.
Can I PM you and ask more about it?

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5471 on: April 08, 2022, 07:20:17 PM »

Thanks.  My PNC and Elan cards are aging currently. ;-)

Do they come with activation stickers?  Chase and BofA both have recently sent me AU cards with the AU's name but the same card number, expiration date, and security code on them as mine, *and* activation stickers.  I activated them and it seemed like something happened.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the AU card worked without being activated.  I have never tried; I just sockdrawer them when they arrive and shred them after removing the AU.

Yes, they come with activation stickers but calling and "activating" is meaningless. I've used them right out of the envelope and unfortunately, they work! I also had PNC send a card to the AU's address once. I had to add over the phone instead of through online banking(I think online banking was down). A few weeks later I hadn't received the card and I called customer service and they said we sent it out and gave me the AU's address as the ship to address. The CSR had never asked for my permission to do that obviously. Now I never add over the phone. If online banking is down, I wait until it comes back up to add.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5472 on: April 08, 2022, 07:21:14 PM »
Speaking of Elan, is anyone selling tradelines on their Elan card?  Mine just aged and I asked the new company to add it to my cards and they said they no longer accept Elan cards because Elan doesn't report any more.

The old company fills my Elan card fairly regularly. Sometimes I only have 1 instead of 2 AU's on it but that's rare.

mpellas

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5473 on: April 13, 2022, 05:12:21 PM »
Hey everyone,

New here. Coming out of a divorce and trying to pay down debt she left me with quickly... and came across tradelines. Been using one company so far but am possibly looking to expand. Will continue to read through the thread but wanted to say hello!

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #5474 on: April 15, 2022, 01:32:08 PM »
Is calling the only way to remove for Citi? I couldn't find a method online, and I've been on the call for at least 20 minutes answering security questions and they're having difficulty removing people.

Even if there isn't a specific way to remove an AU online, you generally can send them a secure message and just write a short note asking them to remove Jane Doe as an AU on your account.  They should reply in a day or two saying the person has been removed.  From my notes it looks like Citi does this.

I personally wait until I get the confirmation message back before marking the AU removed with the TL company.

I don't see a way to send Citi a secure message. Am I blind? The only things available are via chat or phone. And on the app I also have the additional option of a physical mailing address.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5475 on: April 15, 2022, 01:47:42 PM »
Is calling the only way to remove for Citi? I couldn't find a method online, and I've been on the call for at least 20 minutes answering security questions and they're having difficulty removing people.

Even if there isn't a specific way to remove an AU online, you generally can send them a secure message and just write a short note asking them to remove Jane Doe as an AU on your account.  They should reply in a day or two saying the person has been removed.  From my notes it looks like Citi does this.

I personally wait until I get the confirmation message back before marking the AU removed with the TL company.

I don't see a way to send Citi a secure message. Am I blind? The only things available are via chat or phone. And on the app I also have the additional option of a physical mailing address.

It looks like the feature is gone now, but you can apparently use Chat to remove an AU.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5476 on: April 15, 2022, 02:35:45 PM »
I just tried to remove a Citi AU by chat a couple of days ago, couldn't do it. Received an auto reply saying that I need to call to remove an authorized user.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5477 on: April 20, 2022, 04:52:50 AM »
I find removing an AU on Citi card to be relatively easy and quick via phone call. Adding on the other hand.... Geesh!

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5478 on: April 20, 2022, 10:55:29 AM »
Same experience with Citi - PITA to add, dropping them is quick and painless. The only new cards I'm getting are Barclay at this point - no one makes it easier to add/remove users than them. That said, I still sell quite a few on my Elan, PNC, Discover, Citi, and AmEx cards (before anyone asks, I also use two other companies that I've been working with for several years now).

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5479 on: April 22, 2022, 06:05:18 AM »
Same experience with Citi - PITA to add, dropping them is quick and painless. The only new cards I'm getting are Barclay at this point - no one makes it easier to add/remove users than them. That said, I still sell quite a few on my Elan, PNC, Discover, Citi, and AmEx cards (before anyone asks, I also use two other companies that I've been working with for several years now).

I'm surprised there isn't more mention of Cap One cards. I've been selling out spots on P2s Cap One Card for years without a single reporting issue. Adding and removing is just as if not easier than Barclays. I have not run into any limits either on total number of AUs. I've been seasoning more Cap One cards for future tradelines. I get good use out of their SUBs as well.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5480 on: April 22, 2022, 08:41:52 AM »

I'm surprised there isn't more mention of Cap One cards. I've been selling out spots on P2s Cap One Card for years without a single reporting issue. Adding and removing is just as if not easier than Barclays. I have not run into any limits either on total number of AUs. I've been seasoning more Cap One cards for future tradelines. I get good use out of their SUBs as well.

Cap One is great if they don't shut you down. Glad you've had good experience with them! I added a total of 4 users over a year on one card before it was restricted. Took me another year before they lifted the restriction on it. The next card I tried using, they closed the account after one AU. I have never had any issues with Barclay restricting or closing an account, even when adding 6 users in a cycle.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #5481 on: April 22, 2022, 12:32:15 PM »

Cap One is great if they don't shut you down. Glad you've had good experience with them! I added a total of 4 users over a year on one card before it was restricted. Took me another year before they lifted the restriction on it. The next card I tried using, they closed the account after one AU. I have never had any issues with Barclay restricting or closing an account, even when adding 6 users in a cycle.

+1 to this. Cap One was great for me, but then they shut me down. I had 2 cards, and both were restricted despite me only selling tradelines on one of them. They asked me for some documents, which I sent them and then they permanently closed the accounts anyways because they said they couldn't accept the documents I sent them and refused to tell me exactly what was wrong with them, or how to correct them. From what I've been told, this is their pattern. They make you send documents and then just say the documents aren't sufficient, so they have a "reason" to shut you down.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5482 on: April 22, 2022, 12:36:49 PM »

+1 to this. Cap One was great for me, but then they shut me down. I had 2 cards, and both were restricted despite me only selling tradelines on one of them. They asked me for some documents, which I sent them and then they permanently closed the accounts anyways because they said they couldn't accept the documents I sent them and refused to tell me exactly what was wrong with them, or how to correct them. From what I've been told, this is their pattern. They make you send documents and then just say the documents aren't sufficient, so they have a "reason" to shut you down.

Have you tried talking to a lawyer? Seems like a shady practice to me and could be illegal.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
« Reply #5483 on: April 22, 2022, 03:09:25 PM »

Have you tried talking to a lawyer? Seems like a shady practice to me and could be illegal.

Haven't tried and don't want to. Not worth the time.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5484 on: April 22, 2022, 03:42:00 PM »

Haven't tried and don't want to. Not worth the time.

Bat signal @PointsLawyer

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5485 on: April 22, 2022, 05:23:11 PM »
Yep I had great luck with my 12 year old Cap One card with $30k CL.
I started selling AU's with it in 2018 and I was selling 2 spots every 2 months at $350 per AU... for a period of about 2 years.
Then in June of 2020 out of the blue. CapOne emailed me and said they were lowering my CL from $30,000 to $10,000 because I wasn't spending much on the card.
So my AU commission went from $350 to $200 per AU.  Started selling well for a few months but then BAMM!!!   In Aug 2020, they closed my account without warning.  Ugh!
That was such a bummer because that was my best card, making approx $700 every 2 months!

Then about 6 months later, later I got an email ad from Cap One saying I was pre-approved for a card and so I enrolled and got the card w/ a $30,000
Oh well, I'll season it a bit longer then put it up for tradelines.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5486 on: April 22, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »

Hmmm, well that's good to know. Her card is 17 years old so not sure if that has any bearing. Been selling out spots since 2017, so almost 5 years. She also has 2 other Cap One cards that we don't put AU's on and a checking account that's been open for several years. Perhaps that factors in? I have no idea.

I had 4 Barclay cards I was seasoning until they converted the NFL cards. Damnit!! I wish Barclays had better SUBs. Waiting a couple years to reap the benefits of getting approved kind of sucks. Ah well, first world problems ( :

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5487 on: April 22, 2022, 07:04:24 PM »
Yep I had great luck with my 12 year old Cap One card with $30k CL.
I started selling AU's with it in 2018 and I was selling 2 spots every 2 months at $350 per AU... for a period of about 2 years.
Then in June of 2020 out of the blue. CapOne emailed me and said they were lowering my CL from $30,000 to $10,000 because I wasn't spending much on the card.
So my AU commission went from $350 to $200 per AU.  Started selling well for a few months but then BAMM!!!   In Aug 2020, they closed my account without warning.  Ugh!
That was such a bummer because that was my best card, making approx $700 every 2 months!

Then about 6 months later, later I got an email ad from Cap One saying I was pre-approved for a card and so I enrolled and got the card w/ a $30,000
Oh well, I'll season it a bit longer then put it up for tradelines.

Yeah Cap One seems to be notorious for just dropping CLs if you don't put much spending on the card. They will do the opposite as well though. I opened a Cap One Card last year and they gave me a $5K credit limit. I put a few thousand in spending on the card and requested a CL increase after about a month. They immediately bumped my limit up to $10K.   

redwheel92

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5488 on: April 24, 2022, 03:41:37 PM »
In terms of posting correctly does it matter whether or not you activate the new cards for the AUs?

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5489 on: April 24, 2022, 04:04:32 PM »
In terms of posting correctly does it matter whether or not you activate the new cards for the AUs?
I've never activated a single card.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5490 on: April 24, 2022, 05:00:22 PM »

Amex claims on the activation sticker that they will cancel the card if you don't activate it . . . not sure how long it would be before they cancel. I activate those.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5491 on: April 25, 2022, 02:09:46 AM »
I rarely activate a card including Amex. With American express they say the will cancel in 2 months if you do not add the social. I never had any issues not activating the cards.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5492 on: April 25, 2022, 07:58:01 AM »

Hmmm, well that's good to know. Her card is 17 years old so not sure if that has any bearing. Been selling out spots since 2017, so almost 5 years. She also has 2 other Cap One cards that we don't put AU's on and a checking account that's been open for several years. Perhaps that factors in? I have no idea.

I had 4 Barclay cards I was seasoning until they converted the NFL cards. Damnit!! I wish Barclays had better SUBs. Waiting a couple years to reap the benefits of getting approved kind of sucks. Ah well, first world problems ( :

My CapOne card was 15 years old when I started selling on it, had one other card they didn't do anything to. Didn't have a checking account, so maybe that does weigh in, I don't know.

I had long ago used my own NFL card up and had closed it, but had one in my wife's name that we were seasoning and had just come up on the two year mark. Before they moved it to Comenity, she called and had them transfer the total available credit to another card that had also just hit two years and close the NFL account. Was planning on having her move credit around and sell on both of those cards though, so it still sucks.

redwheel92

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5493 on: April 25, 2022, 11:25:37 AM »
Has anyone had any luck marketing and selling their cards independently (ie on Facebook groups, other message boards, etc)? Would love to get more info on this.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5494 on: April 25, 2022, 12:19:10 PM »
Has anyone had any luck marketing and selling their cards independently (ie on Facebook groups, other message boards, etc)? Would love to get more info on this.

I was considering it, even joined a couple of tradeline groups on FB to see what's going on. I decided against it because some of the people in those groups seemed shady, like they tried to sell CPNs (basically fake SSNs, so this is serious fraud). Then there was someone who said he added several AUs to one of his cards at the same time, then the card was shut for fraud down because one of his clients used a CPN.

As an individual seller, I can't validate my client's details 100% to exclude fraud and synthetic identities (though if there are ways to do these validations using publicly available web sites, or inexpensive subscription tools, I'm all ears).

Another concern about selling directly if you are more exposed to legal risks if someone tries to commit fraud and you add them. If you work with a tradeline broker, they take at least some of that risk and maybe even all of it (correct me if I'm wrong).

Btw some people even sell tradelines on Ebay. I haven't tried that either because of the concerns I mentioned.

kindoflost

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • always trying to learn
    • tradelines information for sellers
« Reply #5495 on: April 26, 2022, 07:16:27 AM »
I tried eBay. Very successfully from November to April 11th. Then I got shut down because I was "putting the eBay community at risk". I called three times to ask for a more detailed answer but they would not provide any.
I was very late to the tradelines party so I didn't have enough seasoned cards and I believe the tradeline companies promoted in this thread take care of the established tradeline providers and the newbies like me only get the leftovers, which may be a reasonable business model, so I could not sell much with them.
Two good aspects of selling on eBay: you don't have to wait two years to start monetizing your card, and you get a much higher price (2 to 3 times more, as there is no middle man). Of course, there is a risk but I didn't have any cards shut down as I followed the guidelines I learned from the two companies advertised here and one other company that I used briefly.
One of my eBay "clients" told me that eBay does a clean-up of tradelines sellers every 6 months. May be true or not, there are still several tradelines listed but maybe not as many as before. Not sure.
I just finished listing them on my blog but haven't figured out how to market them.
HTH

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5496 on: April 26, 2022, 08:19:32 AM »
hi kind of lost,
I wonder if you could link your blog so we can see more info?
Or we could PM, but that is cumbersome if many people are interested in your experience, Thank you

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5497 on: April 26, 2022, 08:24:08 AM »

Amex claims on the activation sticker that they will cancel the card if you don't activate it . . . not sure how long it would be before they cancel. I activate those.

Amex is all over the place.  They make me create a new unique account for every AU card they send me in order to activate it.  Last time they required a new unique phone number to finish creating the account, so I couldn't finish setting it up as I have no more phone numbers and they wouldn't accept mine.  That one never ended up posting because they wouldn't let me activate the card without a unique phone number.  The last couple amex AU they never even sent the card, even though I went back to the website and requested they resend the card on account of it never arriving.  They never did send it no matter how many times I requested.  Those still posted though. 

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5498 on: April 26, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »

I have done a few sales to people I know (tenants, friends, etc.) and a few friends of my wife's niece. I just charged what my normal commission would be, so they get a deal vs. going through a tradeline company. Also added my kids, sister, BIL just to help with their scores. Too much of a PITA to try to actively recruit users, but if the subject comes up in conversation I'll put it out there.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
« Reply #5499 on: April 26, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »

Amex is all over the place.  They make me create a new unique account for every AU card they send me in order to activate it.  Last time they required a new unique phone number to finish creating the account, so I couldn't finish setting it up as I have no more phone numbers and they wouldn't accept mine.  That one never ended up posting because they wouldn't let me activate the card without a unique phone number.  The last couple amex AU they never even sent the card, even though I went back to the website and requested they resend the card on account of it never arriving.  They never did send it no matter how many times I requested.  Those still posted though.

My experience selling AMEX is really strange. initially, in my first few adds, they would ask me to create a new online account for the new user when I tried to confirm receipt of the card. I never did that. For my next few adds, they stopped asking me to create a new online account and asked me to verify my date of birth (mine, not the AU's) before confirming the card. Then, for my next group of users, they switched it up, and started asking for the AU's date of birth.

even on this very thread, I've seen people share different interactions for doing AMEX adds.