Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906505 times)

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #5200 on: September 02, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »
I would think probably yes.  But they don't know your name.  It's just one of the things that if you can't accept that this is the case, you shouldn't sell tradelines.  Some CC companies have places to put in the AU's address while not sending a card to that address.  I'm thinking USBank does that, or maybe Chase.  I know I recently did do that.  If you call in, you could also ask them to include the address if it's not a required piece of info.

water1974

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5201 on: September 02, 2021, 11:03:18 AM »
Thanks for the information!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5202 on: September 02, 2021, 12:59:05 PM »
Related question. If you have a mailing address on file with credit card issuers. and it's different from your home address, which one is reported to the bureaus? Maybe both of them?

DK82

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5203 on: September 03, 2021, 08:43:03 PM »
I was approved a few weeks ago after being in the waitlist for months -- provided all the requested info and can see my 4 cards on the portal, however I haven't received a single alert/offer since then.  Is this normal?  I assumed I'd have at least a couple by now, what with having a total of 8 slots available.  I'm wondering how long it generally takes to get going on this once you're activated. 

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #5204 on: September 03, 2021, 09:05:16 PM »
I was approved a few weeks ago after being in the waitlist for months -- provided all the requested info and can see my 4 cards on the portal, however I haven't received a single alert/offer since then.  Is this normal?  I assumed I'd have at least a couple by now, what with having a total of 8 slots available.  I'm wondering how long it generally takes to get going on this once you're activated.

Yes, it's normal.  It can vary quite a bit.  Some get an order the first month, some I think I've seen take six months or even longer.

I do have the general impression that more and more people are signing up, and supply may be outpacing demand, especially at the two TL companies recommended here.  My sales seem to be slowing down a bit - or at least not increasing - even though I've added a few cards this year into the system.

To give you some sense of scale, I have 13 AU slots in the system and only had two sales in August.  And most of my slots are higher limits and older cards than average, which probably sell a bit better.

When you do get an order, you should get an email and/or a text message.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5205 on: September 04, 2021, 07:19:34 AM »

It took several months to get my first order (with a new lower-dollar card). After that I started selling about half my slots each month. Lately it slowed down again - probably because they just opened things up to a lot of new sellers.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #5206 on: September 04, 2021, 09:00:42 PM »
I think the demand side of the supply-demand equation is also lower than it had been. I sell with a different company and while I am still getting sales, it’s less than last year.

I think there was a surge in people shopping for home loans last year, meaning more people looking for the quick credit score boost. That must have slowed down.

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #5207 on: September 06, 2021, 01:31:20 PM »
I have a question about addresses. If credit card companies/sheriffs/etc think that your address is associated with an AU, couldn't an AU look at their own credit report and see your address on it? (Since credit reports include addresses associated with your credit history.) And thus the AU would have a good idea of who was sponsoring their AU?
Not the same thing, but here's a story that helps me put it in perspective.
On the "NextDoor" app there was a big discussion of whether or not you should use a sharpie to mark out your address on cardboard boxes you put in recycling.

Many people were alarmed that someone could get your name and address off the box.  Some people replied that your name and address are readily available multiple ways.
*Someone can look in your mailbox and see it on an envelope.

*Property tax websites often show the owners name for a property address.

*Political parties have sites to show donors' names and addresses.

*Whitepages.com is like the old telephone directories.
(We used to have telephone books where we had almost EVERYONE'S name and address. A few people would pay extra to have unlisted number but 90% didn't.)

*there are school directories, club directories, etc.

*people still pay for things with checks which typically have their name and address AND checking account number on the front. Sometimes also the phone number.

What exactly would the AU do with the knowledge? It's not enough to use to get the credit card company to send them a card.

After reading lots of NextDoor posts about packages from the porch, I have NEVER heard of the thieves finding a way to use the name and address. They take the package to get the contents. The info on the package is useless.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5208 on: September 07, 2021, 06:21:23 AM »
I have a question about addresses. If credit card companies/sheriffs/etc think that your address is associated with an AU, couldn't an AU look at their own credit report and see your address on it? (Since credit reports include addresses associated with your credit history.) And thus the AU would have a good idea of who was sponsoring their AU?
Not the same thing, but here's a story that helps me put it in perspective.
On the "NextDoor" app there was a big discussion of whether or not you should use a sharpie to mark out your address on cardboard boxes you put in recycling.

Many people were alarmed that someone could get your name and address off the box.  Some people replied that your name and address are readily available multiple ways.
*Someone can look in your mailbox and see it on an envelope.

*Property tax websites often show the owners name for a property address.

*Political parties have sites to show donors' names and addresses.

*Whitepages.com is like the old telephone directories.
(We used to have telephone books where we had almost EVERYONE'S name and address. A few people would pay extra to have unlisted number but 90% didn't.)

*there are school directories, club directories, etc.

*people still pay for things with checks which typically have their name and address AND checking account number on the front. Sometimes also the phone number.

What exactly would the AU do with the knowledge? It's not enough to use to get the credit card company to send them a card.

After reading lots of NextDoor posts about packages from the porch, I have NEVER heard of the thieves finding a way to use the name and address. They take the package to get the contents. The info on the package is useless.

Name and address is listed in a thousand databases. Even phone numbers and emails are getting easier to find all the time. When I was a commercial real estate appraiser I would often try to find contact information for the buyer or seller of a property. Their name and address were in public records and at least half the time I could find contact information in 5-10 minutes on Google. New Mexico is a non-disclosure state so unlike a lot of places the sale price wasn't just listed in public records. It also allows anonymous LLCs. So when 123 LLC sells a property to ABC LLC and the only name listed is the attorney who created the LLC, it did make it tricky.

FireAnt

• Bristles
« Reply #5209 on: September 07, 2021, 06:29:47 PM »
Lots to read here, so I only skimmed and know there have been some problems with getting paid by new company. I seriously have emailed the responsible person for payment 3 times with no response (4th time today). Two of the times I was forwarded to him from the woman who alerts us to adding/removing users because she is the only one that responds. I've been emailing weekly for the past month.

So, do I not get paid? Is new company even recommended on this forum with this many issues? I have a cap1 card opened in 2007 with $13k limit so I'm sure I can transfer to the old company.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #5210 on: September 07, 2021, 06:50:04 PM »
Lots to read here, so I only skimmed and know there have been some problems with getting paid by new company. I seriously have emailed the responsible person for payment 3 times with no response (4th time today). Two of the times I was forwarded to him from the woman who alerts us to adding/removing users because she is the only one that responds. I've been emailing weekly for the past month.

Same same. Not a reputable company in my opinion.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5211 on: September 07, 2021, 09:17:05 PM »
PM me with the name/email you signed up under, I'll contact them.

And yeah, any cards you have eligible, I'd switch to the old company (they were enrolling cards in August, IDK if the window is closed).

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
« Reply #5212 on: September 08, 2021, 07:17:30 AM »
They have closed the new enrollments. I got their info from ARS last week and emailed them.

I have one card with the new company and it took forever to get my first sale. Something like almost two years, I think. Nothing for almost another two years. I got the card limit increased earlier this year from 12k to 14k and had two sales before the month was over. Another two this month as well.

I've been paid at some point for the first one but don't remember how long it took. I haven't been paid for the first two this year but there seems to also have been some confusion about how long I was supposed to leave them on the card.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5213 on: September 08, 2021, 11:52:05 AM »
Hi all.

I'm going to apply for a bunch of new cards to season for TL activities with Old Company.

At ARS' suggestion, I posted a separate thread but would appreciate input from anyone here who might be interested.

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/feedback-review-referral-link-request-on-my-piggybacking-app-spree/

Thanks.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5214 on: September 08, 2021, 04:03:56 PM »

Looks like it is only care credit from the email they sent out this week.  (Also, listed above from ARS but I missed it originally).

For those who have care credit, what's the deal with this card? Can you only use it for healthcare expenses and nothing else? It's not 100% clear from reading their website.

Another question: when you got the card, did they give you a high credit line compared to other issuers?

When my wife got lasik surgery they were running a 0% APR financing, which turns out to just be the care credit card.  Surgery was a little over $4k and I think they put the limit slightly over that at like $5k.  We set up autopayments to complete at the end of the promo period, and never used the card for anything else.  When I found out the old company accepted the care credit card I requested a credit limit increase to $16k to get into the next payment tier and was instantly approved, despite never using the card outside of the original financing like 3 years ago.  Since we never used it I can't comment on how it's actually used (I actually posted the same question a week ago or so).  I'm pretty sure when we originally got the account and they sent us a physical card we decided we were never going to use it, so just shredded it immediately.  Now that we are going to sell TL on it I've requested they send me another physical copy of the card, but it hasn't arrived yet.  When it does I'm going to try and see where/what I can charge on it and will report back in this thread.

My original card (the closed one) had a CL of +20k (don't remember exactly and don't really want to waste time on that). I think this is their max. I have other cards with similar CL, so I guess the same as others. My new card that I got absolutely right away (which is very nice of them) has only $5.5K CL, and I still mature it, so don't really care about the CL as of right now, plus I don't use it now (even for vet bills).

Usage: my old card was used heavily for vet appointments, pets emergency rooms and such, you can put (don't quote me - vet's offices would tell you better) >$200 on 6m financing. They have 9 and 12m financing for more expensive purchases (when you have financing on you card, it's a balance that counts for TL purposes as long as it's less than 10% of your CL). When I didn't have any financing on the card, I was able to use the card at Walmart for purchasing beauty products which actually included soap and shampoo, vitamins and such. I'm pretty sure there is a list of all those things on their website (I didn't try to find the list bc I thought by the time I get the link or a pic here, someone would have posted it already).

What I usually do with my cards used for TLs only: I find one-two days a months when I can use all of them to post (they close on different dates and I like to keep it that way). So, for example on the 23rd each month I personally go to Walmart and buy bread or something that we always need and then pay with a different card for each bread (as long as the purchase is >$2 so it's not "forgiven"). And with care credit I pay for soap or vitamins. It does look weird, but I use self service and as long as I don't steal, I don't think anybody minds.

I'm pretty sure you can use Care credit in dental office (not all, just ask), some private clinics. They extend the list every year.

I don't use vet or dr services frequently enough to ensure I get a charge on every cycle. 

I've read on their website how it can be used at certain vendors for OTC medicine and health/beauty stuff, but I don't understand the mechanism.  How do they differentiate between aspirin and soda when I'm at the register? I know CVS can differentiate between them, but when the card is scanned how does synchrony know what exactly is being purchased?

I sold a spot on the care credit card.  Bought vitamins at walgreens and the card worked like a regular credit card.

FireAnt

• Bristles
« Reply #5215 on: September 08, 2021, 05:08:57 PM »
They have closed the new enrollments. I got their info from ARS last week and emailed them.

I have one card with the new company and it took forever to get my first sale. Something like almost two years, I think. Nothing for almost another two years. I got the card limit increased earlier this year from 12k to 14k and had two sales before the month was over. Another two this month as well.

Bummer. I was getting 1-2 spots a year with the new company.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5216 on: September 08, 2021, 08:33:06 PM »
Citi emailed me about a replacement card that was ordered for the AU i had added a couple of months ago. I didn't order any replacement cards so not sure what's going on. Just in case I logged on and locked all my cards with Citi.

Does anyone know if there is any way an AU can order a replacement card to be delivered to their address?

Nutty

• Stubble
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
« Reply #5217 on: September 09, 2021, 07:10:49 AM »
Citi emailed me about a replacement card that was ordered for the AU i had added a couple of months ago. I didn't order any replacement cards so not sure what's going on. Just in case I logged on and locked all my cards with Citi.

Does anyone know if there is any way an AU can order a replacement card to be delivered to their address?
Was the original card delivered to you or did the PO return it?  I've had companies tell me they were resending since the first card was returned.  All should be to your address.

Per the contract with the companies, the AU are not supposed to contact them about the AU accounts.  I've had 3 that did anyway.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5218 on: September 09, 2021, 08:15:22 AM »

Was the original card delivered to you or did the PO return it?  I've had companies tell me they were resending since the first card was returned.  All should be to your address.

Per the contract with the companies, the AU are not supposed to contact them about the AU accounts.  I've had 3 that did anyway.

It's always fun when the AU sees my CC on their credit report because I added them as an AU, then they freak out and call the CC company to tell them fraud, identity theft, Land Shark! and they get yanked off the credit report.  Then their score goes back down and they complain to the tradeline company.  No refund, enjoy your low score for being stupid.  I know this has to happen a lot because it's happened to me more than once.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5219 on: September 09, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »
Anyone have an order cancelled after adding the AU?  Added one to my discover card yesterday, but today got an email that the order was cancelled.  Kind of shitty because it's already done, they are added and the card is on the way.  The AU was also marked as added in the portal yesterday about 24 hours before I got cancellation email.  So do I just get burned on a cancelled order?

Edit: Got another email from company.  The cancellation was an error in their system and they are not in fact cancelled and I do not need to remove them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 12:42:36 PM by frugalnacho »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5220 on: September 09, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »
Anyone have an order cancelled after adding the AU?  Added one to my discover card yesterday, but today got an email that the order was cancelled.  Kind of shitty because it's already done, they are added and the card is on the way.  The AU was also marked as added in the portal yesterday about 24 hours before I got cancellation email.  So do I just get burned on a cancelled order?

Edit: Got another email from company.  The cancellation was an error in their system and they are not in fact cancelled and I do not need to remove them.

Once, but the situation was a bit different.  They released the order to me to add, and then about 24 hours later found out that the AU's check for the fee bounced.  They emailed me, I removed the AU, I still got paid.  This was with Old Company in 2019.

Archipelago

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5221 on: September 11, 2021, 07:26:00 AM »

It's always fun when the AU sees my CC on their credit report because I added them as an AU, then they freak out and call the CC company to tell them fraud, identity theft, Land Shark! and they get yanked off the credit report.  Then their score goes back down and they complain to the tradeline company.  No refund, enjoy your low score for being stupid.  I know this has to happen a lot because it's happened to me more than once.

I made a post earlier in this thread about the same situation. Only in my case, CC company shut down my card permanently.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5222 on: September 15, 2021, 06:06:45 AM »
Wooo Hooo!!!  I got an add from the new company!  I guess it's my once every 6 months for them.  Meanwhile, I get about 8 from the old company.  I've migrated all but one card to the old company.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5223 on: September 16, 2021, 12:32:03 PM »
Just got shut down by BofA...  this one hurt as I was getting really great earnings from rewards.  Hadn't added an AU since April and had only added three in total.

I have been making decent size tax payments for the rewards points and signup bonuses but they told me on the phone the closure was for irregular authorized user activity.

The TL company I mainly work with has said don't sell BofA because of other people getting shut down but apparently I had done the damage before.  Oh well.   But I would strongly advise against selling BofA anytime soon. 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5224 on: September 16, 2021, 12:44:36 PM »
I guess I'm at critical mass.  Pretty much daily letters for old AUs from collection agencies, for credit card offers and from Sheriff's offices.  Had one from a state, telling the AU that they had money from something or other.  I'm starting to look at the addressee.  I've always just opened my mail one envelope after the other when I pick it up.  Starting to put an X through the name/address and do a return to sender, addressee unknown and drop them in a mail box.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5225 on: September 17, 2021, 05:22:23 AM »
Wooo Hooo!!!  I got an add from the new company!  I guess it's my once every 6 months for them.  Meanwhile, I get about 8 from the old company.  I've migrated all but one card to the old company.

I pretty much quit the new company entirely. Had to chase down getting paid every single time. They sent me an AU add after I had fired off several emails about missing payment from an AU add from 8 months ago. I just don't understand why they have put forth 0 effort to fix the payment issues.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #5226 on: September 17, 2021, 06:03:08 PM »
I signed up with a rando called Splendid Credit..... they implied I'd receive payment July 10th but then told me it'd be ~September~ for a June Sale.....I told them to remove my cards from their listings.

I sold 4 lines June 10th. Sent them screen shots of the adds, and they replied saying they had received my update of the adds. They send me a "Cardholder Payout Report" September 1st, 3 months later, that says I'm only getting paid for two of the four. Why? because my cards never posted to the client's credit reports. Well~ that's interesting that your company never bothered to tell me that and had 2 slots of my cards tied up for no reason. On top of that, they wait until they're even later paying me to remember they don't have access to my bank account to deposit funds. so it's September 17th and they haven't paid me for adds I did June 10th. I almost considered not even giving them my account number, they feel like such a scam. I'm keeping a close eye on it for sure. Experiment complete, which my first time hadn't been such a bust. Now ya'll know, don't bother with Splendid Credit.

Nate79

• Stubble
« Reply #5227 on: September 18, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »
Just got my first two ads with the old company and still keeping a decent ~1 per month with the new company (total ~10 cards listed).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5228 on: September 19, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »
With Citi, is it ok to message them to remove AUs or do I have to call? I remember that they removed messaging option a couple of years ago but it looks like it's available again at least on the app.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #5229 on: September 19, 2021, 03:52:05 PM »
With Citi, is it ok to message them to remove AUs or do I have to call? I remember that they removed messaging option a couple of years ago but it looks like it's available again at least on the app.
With Citi I call to add, but use the chat feature to remove.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5230 on: September 19, 2021, 08:40:38 PM »
With Citi I call to add, but use the chat feature to remove.

Thanks, i'll try the chat feature.

I added a couple of AUs online, then called to add the social. They posted.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5231 on: September 21, 2021, 09:03:00 AM »
it prompted me to create another username and password, which i did NOT do. Do we really have to create an online amex account for every authorized user that we add?

I got this with Amex also and did the same as you (just closed out and didn't create the new user ID). AU's are all showing up on my online portal . . . even the one that I trashed before I realized I needed to activate the card with the SS#. I mean it's right there on the sticker on the card, but I don't look closely at those anymore. I've just been shredding cards. I guess we'll see if they post?
case.

So are we just getting a different interface than everyone else? People keep posting here to make sure you have the SS# to activate the card, and I do have them, but there is no opportunity to enter them anywhere. I enter the card number and the card security code, and i get prompted to create a new account.

I guess I did enter the full SSN when I was adding them in the first place, but thats it. I might just call amex to figure out how in the world to confirm/activate these cards.

I'm encountering the same thing.  I have an AU for my delta skymiles amex, and when I go to americanexpress.com/confirmcard and enter the card number and 4 digit ID I am prompted to create an online account.  I did step 1 of 3 and created a unique account id and pw using the AU name.  After that I am given the message "Your new Card has been successfully confirmed and is now ready to use. You have also successfully registered for an Online Account." even though steps 2 and 3 didn't get completed, so I stopped there.  I did not need the AU SSN, just my own birthday to confirm.

Another data point: I just received my 3rd amex AU card.  This time I did not need to create an account to confirm, this time I was asked if I was the AU or if I was the account holder activating the card on behalf of the AU.  I chose that I was the account holder and the card was activated without creating an additional login.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5232 on: September 21, 2021, 10:13:47 AM »
Does anyone still use the new company and have no complaints? I stopped working with them a couple of years ago because of the feedback in this thread. When I used them, which was only for a few AUs, I think I got paid on time and didn't have to follow up though maybe i should double check that. I am considering adding a couple of credit cards with them again because I'm not getting a lot of sales with the old company.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5233 on: September 21, 2021, 11:07:44 AM »
Does anyone still use the new company and have no complaints? I stopped working with them a couple of years ago because of the feedback in this thread. When I used them, which was only for a few AUs, I think I got paid on time and didn't have to follow up though maybe i should double check that. I am considering adding a couple of credit cards with them again because I'm not getting a lot of sales with the old company.

No.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5234 on: September 21, 2021, 11:44:12 AM »

No.  I would rather less from old company and no headaches :)

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5235 on: September 24, 2021, 05:54:44 AM »

Don't expect a lot of sales with the new company. Not worth the headache and hassle chasing down payments and being ignored.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #5236 on: September 26, 2021, 09:59:24 AM »
I guess I'm at critical mass.  Pretty much daily letters for old AUs from collection agencies, for credit card offers and from Sheriff's offices.  Had one from a state, telling the AU that they had money from something or other.  I'm starting to look at the addressee.  I've always just opened my mail one envelope after the other when I pick it up.  Starting to put an X through the name/address and do a return to sender, addressee unknown and drop them in a mail box.

Same here. Daily collection letters for prior authorized users, monthly collection agency phone calls, someone from the state’s attorneys office at my door looking for a user, and the final straw was a lawsuit posted on the door of my condo building lobby for all to see! I’ve had enough of this embarrassment! There are better side gigs!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5237 on: October 02, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »
Datapoint:

I had two US Bank cards shut down last summer for piggybacking.

There was no warning.  I did get a letter in the mail later.  My US Bank checking account was left alone.

This week, I applied for two more US Bank cards (Altitude Connect and Altitude Go) and was approved for both.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5238 on: October 03, 2021, 12:50:02 PM »
it prompted me to create another username and password, which i did NOT do. Do we really have to create an online amex account for every authorized user that we add?

I got this with Amex also and did the same as you (just closed out and didn't create the new user ID). AU's are all showing up on my online portal . . . even the one that I trashed before I realized I needed to activate the card with the SS#. I mean it's right there on the sticker on the card, but I don't look closely at those anymore. I've just been shredding cards. I guess we'll see if they post?
case.

So are we just getting a different interface than everyone else? People keep posting here to make sure you have the SS# to activate the card, and I do have them, but there is no opportunity to enter them anywhere. I enter the card number and the card security code, and i get prompted to create a new account.

I guess I did enter the full SSN when I was adding them in the first place, but thats it. I might just call amex to figure out how in the world to confirm/activate these cards.

I'm encountering the same thing.  I have an AU for my delta skymiles amex, and when I go to americanexpress.com/confirmcard and enter the card number and 4 digit ID I am prompted to create an online account.  I did step 1 of 3 and created a unique account id and pw using the AU name.  After that I am given the message "Your new Card has been successfully confirmed and is now ready to use. You have also successfully registered for an Online Account." even though steps 2 and 3 didn't get completed, so I stopped there.  I did not need the AU SSN, just my own birthday to confirm.

Another data point: I just received my 3rd amex AU card.  This time I did not need to create an account to confirm, this time I was asked if I was the AU or if I was the account holder activating the card on behalf of the AU.  I chose that I was the account holder and the card was activated without creating an additional login.

This 3rd amex sale never posted. I got contacted by old company and had to provide screen shots showing a balance on the card, and the AU on the account, etc. 

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5239 on: October 04, 2021, 10:19:31 AM »

case.

This 3rd amex sale never posted. I got contacted by old company and had to provide screen shots showing a balance on the card, and the AU on the account, etc.

Another data point: I had an AmEx card that I tried to activate, however it kept wanting to send a text to the AU phone - both when I tried activating as myself and as the AU. I downloaded the AmEx app and was able to confirm the card that way, will probably be my go to method from here on out. Usually cards that aren't confirmed do not post.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5240 on: October 04, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »

case.

Another data point: I had an AmEx card that I tried to activate, however it kept wanting to send a text to the AU phone - both when I tried activating as myself and as the AU. I downloaded the AmEx app and was able to confirm the card that way, will probably be my go to method from here on out. Usually cards that aren't confirmed do not post.

Just to be clear this amex card was activated, it just didn't require me to create a unique log in.  I just had to confirm my own birthday, but was prompted the card was indeed activated.  No idea why it didn't post.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5241 on: October 05, 2021, 01:03:31 PM »
I just got my first sale on my Barclays card with the old company since they had the issues in June/July. I entered the DOB and added their address, is it necessary to call in to add their SS#? Or are things back to normal now?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5242 on: October 05, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
I just got my first sale on my Barclays card with the old company since they had the issues in June/July. I entered the DOB and added their address, is it necessary to call in to add their SS#? Or are things back to normal now?

From the email they sent out (which you should have received):

"You may add the AU online or over the phone, as we’ve seen both the online and over the phone method result in postings for August. If you add the AU online, always include their address. If you add the AU over the phone always add the SSN. Once you have successfully added the AU, we request that you monitor your account to make sure the AU doesn’t drop and add a balance of at least $10 (but always below 10% utilization)."

Sounds like not necessary if you added online, which it sounds like you did.

AKS74U

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5243 on: October 10, 2021, 01:00:01 PM »
I just got a piece of physical mail for one of the authorized users, a credit card solicitation from Capital One. Their name, my address. First time this happened and it's concerning.

Low sales, difficulty collecting payments. Poor communication unless its to add a user. I once forgot to click the red button after adding 3 AUs. They didnt even check with me or confirm I added. They just deactivated my account They never told me and didnt pay me. I had those 3 AUs on my cards for MONTHS

This is the new company.

I quit.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5244 on: October 10, 2021, 06:24:24 PM »
I just got a piece of physical mail for one of the authorized users, a credit card solicitation from Capital One. Their name, my address. First time this happened and it's concerning.

Low sales, difficulty collecting payments. Poor communication unless its to add a user. I once forgot to click the red button after adding 3 AUs. They didnt even check with me or confirm I added. They just deactivated my account They never told me and didnt pay me. I had those 3 AUs on my cards for MONTHS

This is the new company.

I quit.

More sales for the rest of us!

Nate79

• Stubble
« Reply #5245 on: October 14, 2021, 07:46:20 PM »

This is the new company.

I quit.

More sales for the rest of us!
Agreed. I'm getting so many new sales with the new company its crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5246 on: October 19, 2021, 09:43:20 AM »
Will an AMEX AU still post if I haven't received or activated the card? The card was sent to me and I got an email from Amex asking me to activate it but I haven't yet received the card.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5247 on: October 19, 2021, 09:46:08 AM »
Will an AMEX AU still post if I haven't received or activated the card? The card was sent to me and I got an email from Amex asking me to activate it but I haven't yet received the card.

I'm not sure, but probably not; AMEX seems keener than most issuers on card activation.

You'll probably get the card in the next few days.  If not, you could call AMEX and ask them to resend it.

I always activate all AU cards.  I also track the date I added them and the date I activated the card, so if a card never gets here (never happened yet, but it could), I could investigate and take action.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5248 on: October 19, 2021, 09:54:19 AM »
Thanks, yes I'll wait a few days, it must be on the way.

Another question about Chase: Is there a way to remove Auth users online or do I have to call? I can't find that option on the website.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5249 on: October 19, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »
Thanks, yes I'll wait a few days, it must be on the way.

Another question about Chase: Is there a way to remove Auth users online or do I have to call? I can't find that option on the website.

On Chase, you can send a secure message.  Upper left corner, three horizontal lines.  I usually do "Account inquiry".  It'll take them a day or two.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!