Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1907178 times)

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #5150 on: August 20, 2021, 08:34:26 AM »
Another amex slot sold.  Amex piggybacking is so hot right now. 

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #5151 on: August 20, 2021, 09:19:23 AM »
Is activating the card actually needed? I haven’t used old company yet, but I have never activated any card with 2 other tradeline companies, even with Amex, and have never had any problems posting.

Old company wrote in their 8/11/2021 email:

"Important! We have reports of Amex canceling cards if you do not active them for the authorized user after 30 days. Please activate your AU cards once you receive them."

You do you.  It's an extra 2 minutes for me to activate them and worth it to me to reduce the risk of non-posting.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5152 on: August 20, 2021, 11:59:22 AM »
Is activating the card actually needed? I haven’t used old company yet, but I have never activated any card with 2 other tradeline companies, even with Amex, and have never had any problems posting.

Old company wrote in their 8/11/2021 email:

"Important! We have reports of Amex canceling cards if you do not active them for the authorized user after 30 days. Please activate your AU cards once you receive them."

You do you.  It's an extra 2 minutes for me to activate them and worth it to me to reduce the risk of non-posting.

With the old company, be sure to jot down or document the last 4 of the user's SS#, you will need that to activate the card.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #5153 on: August 20, 2021, 06:35:03 PM »
it prompted me to create another username and password, which i did NOT do. Do we really have to create an online amex account for every authorized user that we add?

I got this with Amex also and did the same as you (just closed out and didn't create the new user ID). AU's are all showing up on my online portal . . . even the one that I trashed before I realized I needed to activate the card with the SS#. I mean it's right there on the sticker on the card, but I don't look closely at those anymore. I've just been shredding cards. I guess we'll see if they post?
case.

So are we just getting a different interface than everyone else? People keep posting here to make sure you have the SS# to activate the card, and I do have them, but there is no opportunity to enter them anywhere. I enter the card number and the card security code, and i get prompted to create a new account.

I guess I did enter the full SSN when I was adding them in the first place, but thats it. I might just call amex to figure out how in the world to confirm/activate these cards.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5154 on: August 22, 2021, 08:53:56 AM »
For US Bank, is it possible to add an AU online or is it over the phone only? I can't find that option on their website.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5155 on: August 22, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »
For US Bank, is it possible to add an AU online or is it over the phone only? I can't find that option on their website.

Phone only per Old Company "Adding Authorized Users 2019" document.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5156 on: August 22, 2021, 09:48:06 AM »
Any news or theories on what is going on with Barclays?  Most of my cards are barclays... :(

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5157 on: August 22, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »

Phone only per Old Company "Adding Authorized Users 2019" document.

I found the document and yes, it says "phone only". However, it requires that you add name, ssn and dob which you can also add online (under customer service -> self service).

https://www.usbank.com/customer-service/knowledge-base/KB0069802.html

For those who use US Bank, have you successfully added AUs online?

jamaicaspanish

• Stubble
« Reply #5158 on: August 22, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »
Have successfully added seven AUs to US Bank in the past year.
All online.
I was able to remove them online, as well. It just took an email to customer service.
As always, YMMV.

ilsy

• Stubble
« Reply #5159 on: August 22, 2021, 08:20:59 PM »
Have successfully added seven AUs to US Bank in the past year.
All online.
I was able to remove them online, as well. It just took an email to customer service.
As always, YMMV.

Me too, for US Bank I add on line, but remove over the phone.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #5160 on: August 24, 2021, 06:07:37 AM »
I see from an email sent by the new company that their policy is to pay 10 weeks after the "reporting date" of a sale. However, I can't find mention of what the reporting date refers to. Anyone know?

Also, curious if people use direct deposit with the new company? On the one hand, I'm sure there'd be no issue, but on the other I'm a little reluctant because they seem, well, slimy.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5161 on: August 24, 2021, 09:39:13 AM »
I see from an email sent by the new company that their policy is to pay 10 weeks after the "reporting date" of a sale. However, I can't find mention of what the reporting date refers to. Anyone know?

Also, curious if people use direct deposit with the new company? On the one hand, I'm sure there'd be no issue, but on the other I'm a little reluctant because they seem, well, slimy.

Their payments are super frustrating. It's often way late, have to be followed up by email etc. By far the worst part of their company, and frankly I recommend anyone switch their cards that are eligible to Old Company.  That being said, it is better to use a good company that pays slow than one that isn't a good company or vets AUs right, etc., so I do still use them, but just very frustrated. :)

I do use direct deposit. I don't think they're slimy, personally, just really stretched thin and not on top of all aspects of business and organization in the way they should.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #5162 on: August 24, 2021, 09:44:44 AM »
I opened a separate bank account for tradeline sales. Mostly because my primary bank is Chase and I have some Chase credit cards enrolled for tradeline sales and I didn't want anyone at Chase noticing the name of the company depositing into my account if they become aware of the transfer companies.  Just an added layer of security.  And it's nice to see tradeline income building up all in one account separate from my normal day-in day-out money.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5163 on: August 24, 2021, 06:00:03 PM »
I opened a separate bank account for tradeline sales. Mostly because my primary bank is Chase and I have some Chase credit cards enrolled for tradeline sales and I didn't want anyone at Chase noticing the name of the company depositing into my account if they become aware of the transfer companies.  Just an added layer of security.  And it's nice to see tradeline income building up all in one account separate from my normal day-in day-out money.

I also keep it separate from my primary checking account.

I think I did it at first because the whole thing seemed sketchy :)  Been a few years so I forget now...

So.... anyone know what's up with barclays??  :)  I have one pending from a previous sale but the rest are on hold, like everyone else.   Curious minds want to know... I accept theories and speculation.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5164 on: August 24, 2021, 06:41:11 PM »

I think I did it at first because the whole thing seemed sketchy :)  Been a few years so I forget now...

So.... anyone know what's up with barclays??  :)  I have one pending from a previous sale but the rest are on hold, like everyone else.   Curious minds want to know... I accept theories and speculation.

They stopped reporting. Tentative testing is occurring to see is it is an ongoing problem or glitch. Cards paused until it's figured out.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5165 on: August 24, 2021, 06:46:17 PM »

They stopped reporting. Tentative testing is occurring to see is it is an ongoing problem or glitch. Cards paused until it's figured out.

Thanks ARS!  I appreciate the update.

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5166 on: August 25, 2021, 08:47:44 AM »
hey guys, after finally waiting a year I finally got signed on the sell Tradeslines, yay!

I am ading my first authorized user to my Chase Freedom card online and I'm greeted with the following:

Share the convenience of your account with others. When you give others access to your account, each user will receive his or her own personal card and can enjoy full access to that account. To add a new user, tell us the information below and choose "Add authorized user."
When you add authorized users, keep in mind:
You're responsible to repay all balances on this account (authorized users can still charge to the account, but they aren't financially responsible).
For the authorized user, we'll report this account as an authorized user's account to credit reporting agencies, which can affect his or her credit score.
We'll send all correspondence (including credit cards, statements and notifications) to the primary account holder's address.
For Chase Sapphire Reserve® and J.P. Morgan Reserve®, there's a $75 annual fee for each additional authorized user card.

I'm worried about the verbage " each user will receive his or her own personal card and can enjoy full access"  It does say it will send all correspondence to primary card holders address.

Before I submit, I just want to confirm that the credit card will not be sent to them.

Can anyone verify to set my mind at ease.

Thanks!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5167 on: August 25, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
hey guys, after finally waiting a year I finally got signed on the sell Tradeslines, yay!

I am ading my first authorized user to my Chase Freedom card online and I'm greeted with the following:

Share the convenience of your account with others. When you give others access to your account, each user will receive his or her own personal card and can enjoy full access to that account. To add a new user, tell us the information below and choose "Add authorized user."
When you add authorized users, keep in mind:
You're responsible to repay all balances on this account (authorized users can still charge to the account, but they aren't financially responsible).
For the authorized user, we'll report this account as an authorized user's account to credit reporting agencies, which can affect his or her credit score.
We'll send all correspondence (including credit cards, statements and notifications) to the primary account holder's address.
For Chase Sapphire Reserve® and J.P. Morgan Reserve®, there's a $75 annual fee for each additional authorized user card.

I'm worried about the verbage " each user will receive his or her own personal card and can enjoy full access"  It does say it will send all correspondence to primary card holders address.

Before I submit, I just want to confirm that the credit card will not be sent to them.

Can anyone verify to set my mind at ease.

Thanks!

Verified by the Old Company and the New Company in their documentation.

Verified by the language on the Chase website when you actually go to add the user that you quoted.

Verified by me, who has done it a number of times on Chase.

Understandable to be nervous though the first few times.

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5168 on: August 25, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »
Thank you for confirming! Yes, first one jitters :D

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5169 on: August 25, 2021, 09:52:19 AM »
sorry one more question. When adding online I don't see a field for the AU social security #. I know from reading the documentation it stated explicitly that the SSN needs to be added or it won;t post correctly. Do I need to call Chase instead of adding online?

Thanks again!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5170 on: August 25, 2021, 10:12:02 AM »
sorry one more question. When adding online I don't see a field for the AU social security #. I know from reading the documentation it stated explicitly that the SSN needs to be added or it won;t post correctly. Do I need to call Chase instead of adding online?

Thanks again!

It varies by issuer, and possibly by TL company you're using.

The rule of thumb I use is that if you provide three pieces of personal information about the AU to the CC company, then the credit bureaus will be able to attach the credit line to the AU's credit report.  Those three pieces are usually some combination of name, SSN, DOB, and address.

I've added a number of Chase AUs via the online portal and all of them have posted fine.  I remove Chase AUs by secure message and that works fine as well.

In general, though, my other rule of thumb is to follow the directions of the TL company as much as possible.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5171 on: August 25, 2021, 11:50:23 AM »
Some of my card owners (banks) seem to have started playing musical chairs.  My Chase AARP is going to Barclays.  (sigh)  My BBVA card is going to PNC (don't even know). 

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5172 on: August 25, 2021, 01:56:48 PM »
BBVA was bought by PNC, which is good news for me as I already have three PNC cards that I sell on. With Barclay's in the lurch, they have become my number one sellers, closely followed by my Associated Bank cards (Elan).

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #5173 on: August 25, 2021, 02:16:03 PM »

Their payments are super frustrating. It's often way late, have to be followed up by email etc. By far the worst part of their company, and frankly I recommend anyone switch their cards that are eligible to Old Company.  That being said, it is better to use a good company that pays slow than one that isn't a good company or vets AUs right, etc., so I do still use them, but just very frustrated. :)

I do use direct deposit. I don't think they're slimy, personally, just really stretched thin and not on top of all aspects of business and organization in the way they should.

Appreciate the advice. Thank you.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #5174 on: August 25, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »
I recently received news that my credit union will now allow AUs on my CC. Is it just a matter of asking the TL company if they take cards from my particular credit union, or do I need to do detective work on what kind of card I have to see if it qualifies? If the latter, how would one go about that?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5175 on: August 25, 2021, 04:36:56 PM »
I recently received news that my credit union will now allow AUs on my CC. Is it just a matter of asking the TL company if they take cards from my particular credit union, or do I need to do detective work on what kind of card I have to see if it qualifies? If the latter, how would one go about that?

The TL companies provide a list of issuers that they work with.  If your CU is on that issuer list, then sign it up.  If not, it's highly doubtful they will.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5176 on: August 26, 2021, 08:05:50 AM »

The TL companies provide a list of issuers that they work with.  If your CU is on that issuer list, then sign it up.  If not, it's highly doubtful they will.

Some companies will allow you to test a card and see if it reports to all three agencies. If you can do that and provide proof, they may accept the card. YMMV

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5177 on: August 27, 2021, 07:33:29 AM »
it prompted me to create another username and password, which i did NOT do. Do we really have to create an online amex account for every authorized user that we add?

I got this with Amex also and did the same as you (just closed out and didn't create the new user ID). AU's are all showing up on my online portal . . . even the one that I trashed before I realized I needed to activate the card with the SS#. I mean it's right there on the sticker on the card, but I don't look closely at those anymore. I've just been shredding cards. I guess we'll see if they post?
case.

So are we just getting a different interface than everyone else? People keep posting here to make sure you have the SS# to activate the card, and I do have them, but there is no opportunity to enter them anywhere. I enter the card number and the card security code, and i get prompted to create a new account.

I guess I did enter the full SSN when I was adding them in the first place, but thats it. I might just call amex to figure out how in the world to confirm/activate these cards.

I'm encountering the same thing.  I have an AU for my delta skymiles amex, and when I go to americanexpress.com/confirmcard and enter the card number and 4 digit ID I am prompted to create an online account.  I did step 1 of 3 and created a unique account id and pw using the AU name.  After that I am given the message "Your new Card has been successfully confirmed and is now ready to use. You have also successfully registered for an Online Account." even though steps 2 and 3 didn't get completed, so I stopped there.  I did not need the AU SSN, just my own birthday to confirm. 

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5178 on: August 27, 2021, 09:47:26 AM »

case.

I'm encountering the same thing.  I have an AU for my delta skymiles amex, and when I go to americanexpress.com/confirmcard and enter the card number and 4 digit ID I am prompted to create an online account.  I did step 1 of 3 and created a unique account id and pw using the AU name.  After that I am given the message "Your new Card has been successfully confirmed and is now ready to use. You have also successfully registered for an Online Account." even though steps 2 and 3 didn't get completed, so I stopped there.  I did not need the AU SSN, just my own birthday to confirm.

Same with my last add as well - it appears that AmEx likes to mix it up, because I know I had to enter the last 4 of the AU SS# in the past. This is much easier.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5179 on: August 27, 2021, 09:55:20 AM »
This is becoming serious money to me.  I did add 2 cards to the old company and switched one card from the new company to the old company.  Got AUs on 2 of those 3 new cards already, plus most of my old non-Barclays cards.  I just added up the posted and "to be paid 8/31 numbers and it's at $900.  Maybe you guys get that but the majority of my cards started at those low limit or new cards for like $25 a slot.  Those have aged and the company updates the category of payment.  I don't think I've received more than about $500 in any month in the past.  I'm pretty amazed.  I did even have one more card accepted (Fidelity Elan) but pulled it because they have tons of reports of being shut down at the first AU.

Anyways, thanks Joe for getting this whole thing started here.  It's made lots of us lots of spare money without driving drunk people around town in our cars.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5180 on: August 27, 2021, 02:24:42 PM »

Anyways, thanks Joe for getting this whole thing started here.  It's made lots of us lots of spare money without driving drunk people around town in our cars.

Yes, I agree. Thanks Joe! This is a great side hustle for those who still work and a great way to reduce the withdrawal rate for those who are already FIREd.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5181 on: August 27, 2021, 02:30:46 PM »
That's awesome! I broke $10k for the first time last year, and I'm at $9,300 so far this year - definitely a nice way to pad the stash!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5182 on: August 27, 2021, 02:59:06 PM »

Thanks ARS!  I appreciate the update.

Hopefully this holds true for me and all of us...  I have my first posting since the summer madness with barclays.  Order date was mid-June and remove date is early September.  It shows as posted!

Anyone seeing anything?  I haven't heard from old company so this may not mean what I think it means.  /Fingers crossed

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5183 on: August 27, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding AMEX. I'm thinking of signing on my 30k Amex card.

In the case it gets shutdown, does AMEX totally drop you like chase?

Reason I ask is I have a Corporate AMEX card I use for travel, and I wouldn't want that shut down.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5184 on: August 27, 2021, 07:15:17 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding AMEX. I'm thinking of signing on my 30k Amex card.

In the case it gets shutdown, does AMEX totally drop you like chase?

Reason I ask is I have a Corporate AMEX card I use for travel, and I wouldn't want that shut down.

As far as I know, nobody knows for sure.

Chase is known to be the worst.  I've had USBank shut down my credit cards but leave my checking account and overdraft line in place.  I've had USAA call me and cajole me out of using my card there for TLs.  Most people seem to think that Barclays doesn't care at all, although they may have taken action in the last month or so.

I think I would be careful because of the corporate AMEX, although I would look at things differently between it being a corporate card for a sole proprietorship and a corporate card associated with a W-2 job on which I relied.

TheAgileCamel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5185 on: August 27, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »

All of my Barclay Cards are now posting.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5186 on: August 28, 2021, 10:10:43 AM »
re: AMEX

just a heads up, when you go to remove the AU from your AMEX card either by phone or by chat, just be prepared for the question "What is the reason for removing the AU?"

I had to remove 4 of them to prepare for this new offer with the old company... and AMEX asked me that Q on 3 out of the 4.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5187 on: August 28, 2021, 10:27:44 AM »
re: AMEX

just a heads up, when you go to remove the AU from your AMEX card either by phone or by chat, just be prepared for the question "What is the reason for removing the AU?"

I had to remove 4 of them to prepare for this new offer with the old company... and AMEX asked me that Q on 3 out of the 4.

Thanks for the heads up. What's a good answer to this question? Just "they don't need the card anymore"?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5188 on: August 28, 2021, 10:58:29 AM »

case.

Same with my last add as well - it appears that AmEx likes to mix it up, because I know I had to enter the last 4 of the AU SS# in the past. This is much easier.

I just added my first AMEX AU.  My experience differs from all of the above.

I got a separate letter in the mail yesterday indicating that the card for Jane Smith was on its way.  Today, the card for Jane Smith arrives with a note to go to americanexpress.com/confirmcard.

I go there and put in the card number and four digit AMEX card number (which is the way AMEX does things).

The site asks if I'm doing this as myself or as the AU.  So I say as myself.

The site then *calls* my cell phone and verbally gives me a six digit reauthentication code, which I give to the website.

Then it says everything's all good, the card is activated, green checkmark, all done.

I suspect AMEX might do things differently based on the card type.  This was with an AMEX EveryDay card.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5189 on: August 28, 2021, 12:24:03 PM »
^I just had the same process for Amex card confirmation. It was weird to get robodialed, but it allowed me to confirm the card with no problems.

This is completely different process than the other Amex card I confirmed earlier this month, which required the AU social security number to confirm.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5190 on: August 28, 2021, 06:27:52 PM »

All of my Barclay Cards are now posting.

Thanks @TheAgileCamel !     I am hoping Barclays are back to normal soon..

frozen

• Stubble
Collector lawsuit for an old AU of mine posted on my condo entrance door!
« Reply #5191 on: August 30, 2021, 05:02:54 PM »
I think I am done with selling tradelines. I live in a large condo building and my neighbor just let me know about lawsuit paperwork posted on our entry door in someone else’s name, but with my address on it! How embarrassing! I grabbed the paperwork and called the collector who is suing the AU and told them that person does not live at my address.
I don’t want to deal with this ever again!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Collector lawsuit for an old AU of mine posted on my condo entrance door!
« Reply #5192 on: August 30, 2021, 06:29:27 PM »
I think I am done with selling tradelines. I live in a large condo building and my neighbor just let me know about lawsuit paperwork posted on our entry door in someone else’s name, but with my address on it! How embarrassing! I grabbed the paperwork and called the collector who is suing the AU and told them that person does not live at my address.

That sucks. I wonder if using a personal mailbox for tradelines and all tradeline-related cards would prevent things like that from happening?

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #5193 on: August 30, 2021, 06:56:18 PM »

That sucks. I wonder if using a personal mailbox for tradelines and all tradeline-related cards would prevent things like that from happening?

I read on here that others do this and I’ve been thinking about it. But I wonder if I used the UPS store mailbox in this case if they would simply post the lawsuit paperwork on the UPS Store door?

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5194 on: August 30, 2021, 07:53:20 PM »
I read on here that others do this and I’ve been thinking about it. But I wonder if I used the UPS store mailbox in this case if they would simply post the lawsuit paperwork on the UPS Store door?

Not sure but the paperwork doesn't have your name on it, what's the difference?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5195 on: August 30, 2021, 09:26:16 PM »

Not sure but the paperwork doesn't have your name on it, what's the difference?

Agree with you, but people can be worried about being embarrassed, especially in front of their neighbors, even if there may not be anything to be embarrassed about.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5196 on: August 31, 2021, 06:38:36 AM »

This is pretty par for the course with tradelines.  Off the top of my head, I get various cell phone calls for Eric Smith.  I simply tell the that there's nobody with that name at this number.  Sometimes they ask "Do you know Eric Smith?" and I honestly respond no.

Recently, I've been getting stuff from the Sheriff of the next county.  First an unstamped envelope in my mailbox and then a stamped one.  If this is how they process serve, it's pretty bush league.  What....you can't drive up my driveway and knock on the door?  Anyways, I cross out the address and write "Return to sender addressee unknown" and drop it into a mailbox at the post office.

Also get credit card offers from Cap One, Chase and others to previous AUs.

All of these are easily dropped into my papers recycling bag.

But if this kind of stuff bothers you, then it's probably not for you.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5197 on: August 31, 2021, 11:15:53 AM »

This is pretty par for the course with tradelines.  Off the top of my head, I get various cell phone calls for Eric Smith.  I simply tell the that there's nobody with that name at this number.  Sometimes they ask "Do you know Eric Smith?" and I honestly respond no.

Recently, I've been getting stuff from the Sheriff of the next county.  First an unstamped envelope in my mailbox and then a stamped one.  If this is how they process serve, it's pretty bush league.  What....you can't drive up my driveway and knock on the door?  Anyways, I cross out the address and write "Return to sender addressee unknown" and drop it into a mailbox at the post office.

Also get credit card offers from Cap One, Chase and others to previous AUs.

All of these are easily dropped into my papers recycling bag.

But if this kind of stuff bothers you, then it's probably not for you.

I've had the sheriff come to the door to serve papers once, the confused look on their face when I told them that not only did that person not live there, but I had no idea who they were was almost kind of worth it! My neighbors all know I sell tradelines, really wouldn't give a shit what they thought anyhow. I know our postmaster must think all sorts of crazy things about me, too - once a piece of mail with an AU name on it arrived with a "???" penciled on the front of it. Feck 'em.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5198 on: August 31, 2021, 05:00:19 PM »
If anything, all these extra names associated with your address probably helps to confuse the thousands of companies trying to mine and sell your data.

water1974

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5199 on: September 02, 2021, 10:23:15 AM »
I have a question about addresses. If credit card companies/sheriffs/etc think that your address is associated with an AU, couldn't an AU look at their own credit report and see your address on it? (Since credit reports include addresses associated with your credit history.) And thus the AU would have a good idea of who was sponsoring their AU?