Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1427631 times)

Michael in ABQ

• Handlebar Stache
    • Military Saints
I've been selling tradelines on a Capital One card and they always send a card for the AU. I just realized after months of throwing the unopened envelopes in a drawer that they are all metal cards. So no I have a stack of 8 metal credit cards, each with a different name and number. What is the best way to destroy/dispose of these? There were a few envelopes to return them to Capital One, but I feel like it would be very suspicious to send back multiple cards with different names in one envelope.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
IDK if it'd be suspicious; I'm guessing that all the cards that get sent back (whether from regular expirations or returned mail or AUs) are all sent to one area to be process, and people from that area are hardly spending the time to look at the cards.

But if it'd make you feel better, tin snips and a fire. I have those metal cards, they're not something you want to cut with scissors but they're hardly indestructible.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
Barclays added a remark on my account, with Equifax. I found out because Credit Karma sent me an alert. The remark is "Consumer disputes after resolution", whatever that means. It is for a credit card I use for TLs but I never disputed anything on it, always paid on time etc.

Does anyone know if having this kind of remark means I can't use this card for TLs? I remember a couple of years ago another bank added a remark, also for no reason, and one of the TL companies noticed it and said they can't use that card unless I have it removed.

Update: double checked and the same remark is with all the bureaus. Already asked equifax to remove it.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:12:39 PM by Padonak »

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Barclays added a remark on my account, with Equifax. I found out because Credit Karma sent me an alert. The remark is "Consumer disputes after resolution", whatever that means. It is for a credit card I use for TLs but I never disputed anything on it, always paid on time etc.

Does anyone know if having this kind of remark means I can't use this card for TLs? I remember a couple of years ago another bank added a remark, also for no reason, and one of the TL companies noticed it and said they can't use that card unless I have it removed.

Update: double checked and the same remark is with all the bureaus. Already asked equifax to remove it.

I have not heard of any such requirement by either of the two recommended companies on this thread.  Other TL companies might require such.

I doubt the remark carries over to the AU's history, but it conceivably could.  Also, I doubt the remark matters for credit scoring purposes and probably only matters if a human actually looks at the credit report.

I would inquire with whichever TL company you would like to use to see what they say.

beekayworld

• Stubble
Decided to log back into Discover... it is updated now with

"In order to verify your authorized user, we'll need some additional documents. Please upload your documents below, or call us at 1-866-236-8431".

And next to the AU's name it says:
Required:  Proof of Address, SSN

So I guess we will try calling and maybe just have to provide the SSN number.

I don't know about Discover's requirement, but when Capital One required proof of address and SSN, the company sent me copies of the AU's driver's license and Social Security card.

This worked for a while, then one time the copy of the SS card was black and white. Capital One said they needed a color copy. The TL company said "sorry. we don't have it." so the Cap One card was locked. I couldn't add AUs or even use the card, so I canceled it.

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Not burned for good. I think (havenít had it happen yet) once you hit 99 that itís 12 months for each add.  I know when I get to 99 Iíll move by credit to another card and start all over again until the old one is back in the game.

So...once it stays dormant for a year you can reload the next 100 per year?

And hmm, can you move credit lines with them anymore? A while ago they stopped allowing reallocation, can we do that again? I've ignored my Amexes for a while...

Again thanks for the info.

100 adds in a year is .... crazy :p
Is the 100 adds for each American Express card or all cards totaled up?
The wait time after hitting 100 wasn't clear.  Is this similar to Discover?  For instance, if you add 10 per month for 10 months, then 2-3 months later can you add 10 more?

Thanks in advance

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Iím almost at the cap.  I think itís 99 per 12 months. Thereís a system to how they do the new card numbers that stops them from going above that.  And they advertise add up to 99 users.  So as a result my high limit Amex has made me close to 10k in a year between two companies. 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
I've been selling tradelines on a Capital One card and they always send a card for the AU. I just realized after months of throwing the unopened envelopes in a drawer that they are all metal cards. So no I have a stack of 8 metal credit cards, each with a different name and number. What is the best way to destroy/dispose of these? There were a few envelopes to return them to Capital One, but I feel like it would be very suspicious to send back multiple cards with different names in one envelope.

I have yet to receive any metal cards, but expect that they are aluminum.  What I'll do if/when I get any is to cut them up with tin snips, which I have in my garage.  They're big, hefty scissors that will shear sheet metal.  They'll laugh at aluminum.  I'll discard the pieces in my aluminum scrap bin, which goes with me to the eScrap yard for cash about once a month.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
My wife finally has some cards aged enough to start selling tradelines on.  I'm going to sign her up at the old company, but they don't allow referrals for spouses.  Can she be referred by someone else here, or are they going to deny a referral since we are spouses in the same household, even though I won't be the one getting the referral?   

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
My wife finally has some cards aged enough to start selling tradelines on.  I'm going to sign her up at the old company, but they don't allow referrals for spouses.  Can she be referred by someone else here, or are they going to deny a referral since we are spouses in the same household, even though I won't be the one getting the referral?

I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to give you my referral info.  Will send PM here in a minute.

Nutty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
Old Company - I added the spouse's cards to my account and only have one account with them.  Been working fine.  Didn't see a benefit to keeping 2 accounts going.  May be one if there are tax advantages or IRA benefits. 
Cheers

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Old Company - I added the spouse's cards to my account and only have one account with them.  Been working fine.  Didn't see a benefit to keeping 2 accounts going.  May be one if there are tax advantages or IRA benefits. 
Cheers

Same here.  Old company advised I could do either 1-2 years ago.  I thought 1 account would be simpler.

Since the private note field has been broken for a while now, I might go with 2 accounts now :)  It is easy to mix them up when similar ages/limits are involved.

Nutty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
Cheers

Same here.  Old company advised I could do either 1-2 years ago.  I thought 1 account would be simpler.

Since the private note field has been broken for a while now, I might go with 2 accounts now :)  It is easy to mix them up when similar ages/limits are involved.
That was something I was looking at.  Just starting out with a handful, it's easy to keep track.  If this gets more complicated, I can see where 2 accounts would be simpler. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
2) They're opening enrollment again for all cards they accept starting Aug 1. Huzzah! This happens ~once/year, so if you don't currently have your cards enrolled with Old Company, I'd recommend doing so at that time. PM me if you need the info, otherwise contact them in about two weeks.

3) They're opening enrollment--for the first time ever--to American Express cards. Yes, AmEx doesn't report the tradeline history (only the limit), so it's more for a niche of borrowers looking to drop their DTI (or who have a long credit history but not much available credit), and it will be at a lower commission than other cards, but it is a chance to use your AmEx cards now if you wish. He is supposed to email me the commission schedule for AmEx tomorrow, and I'll post it soon.

Please do not contact them now (wait until August 1) about enrolling more cards or enrolling your AmEx. They're busy dealing with the Barclays thing, and anticipate August 1 to be working on items 2 and 3 above, you can contact them them. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. :)

Here's the AmEx commission schedule:
Spoiler: show

2-Month Cycle Commission for Amex (limit only)
1. Limit $10,000 - $15,000 = $50 per spot
2. Limit $15,001 - $20,000 = $100 per spot
3. Limit $20,001 - $30,000 = $150 per spot
4. Limit $30,001 - $40,000 = $175 per spot
5. Limit $40,001 - or more = $200 per spot

Age of the card is irrelevant for Amex.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
Anyone have experience with a synchrony care credit card?  My wife has lasik a few years ago, and they offered 0% financing, which ended up being the credit card in question.  We've paid off the lasik, but never actually used the card for anything.  I see the old company will take it for tradeline sales though so I'd like to enroll it and sell spots.  But I have no idea how the credit card works.  It claims it's for health related expenses, and taken at a number of different retailers like walgreens, but specifies it's for "qualifying products", but how do they differentiate between qualifying and non qualifying products?  Does it have to be used at the pharmacy counter?  Are they able to ring a mixed order up of qualifying items and a candy bar? 

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
2) They're opening enrollment again for all cards they accept starting Aug 1. Huzzah! This happens ~once/year, so if you don't currently have your cards enrolled with Old Company, I'd recommend doing so at that time. PM me if you need the info, otherwise contact them in about two weeks.

3) They're opening enrollment--for the first time ever--to American Express cards. Yes, AmEx doesn't report the tradeline history (only the limit), so it's more for a niche of borrowers looking to drop their DTI (or who have a long credit history but not much available credit), and it will be at a lower commission than other cards, but it is a chance to use your AmEx cards now if you wish. He is supposed to email me the commission schedule for AmEx tomorrow, and I'll post it soon.

Please do not contact them now (wait until August 1) about enrolling more cards or enrolling your AmEx. They're busy dealing with the Barclays thing, and anticipate August 1 to be working on items 2 and 3 above, you can contact them them. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. :)

blah / deleted

Nice!  I am no expert on Amex TL sales but that rate schedule looks better than what I received for one of my cards with a competitor.  Excited to enroll the card with my favorite company too.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
That's good news/bad news on the AMEX for me.  I've got a pretty new one that has a $20k limit while my near oldest card is an AMEX that they just dropped my limit for non use from $25k to $1k.  I've also pulled one other high limit, old card out of the new company, since I get like 1 sale a year on it with them.  3 cards total to submit on the 1st.

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Anyone have experience with a synchrony care credit card?  My wife has lasik a few years ago, and they offered 0% financing, which ended up being the credit card in question.  We've paid off the lasik, but never actually used the card for anything.  I see the old company will take it for tradeline sales though so I'd like to enroll it and sell spots.  But I have no idea how the credit card works.  It claims it's for health related expenses, and taken at a number of different retailers like walgreens, but specifies it's for "qualifying products", but how do they differentiate between qualifying and non qualifying products?  Does it have to be used at the pharmacy counter?  Are they able to ring a mixed order up of qualifying items and a candy bar?

I got a Credit Care card about 2 months ago and have been experimenting with it.  It needs to be used for medical expenses which include over the counter medication and an assortment of services, check their website.  I've not experimented with vitamins or supplements yet.  At Walgreens I was able to mix the purchase of an OTC med and soda, but I'm not sure if this will work at other locations.  On a side note my general experience at Walgreens was the low point of my month and won't be back.  Card site says it can be used at Walmart.  I tired to use it for normal stuff at Walmart but was declined.  I will try again with just an OTC.  If that works I will try again by mixing the purchase.  I'm not sure if we need to make the purchase in the pharmacy or the regular cashiers.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache

2-Month Cycle Commission for Amex (limit only)
1. Limit $10,000 - $15,000 = $50 per spot
2. Limit $15,001 - $20,000 = $100 per spot
3. Limit $20,001 - $30,000 = $150 per spot
4. Limit $30,001 - $40,000 = $175 per spot
5. Limit $40,001 - or more = $200 per spot

This is great news. Are they going to send an email about that or can we just contact them on Aug 1 to add Amex cards?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
They should send out a newsletter. Just giving a heads up. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.