Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906896 times)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Decided to log back into Discover... it is updated now with

"In order to verify your authorized user, we'll need some additional documents. Please upload your documents below, or call us at 1-866-236-8431".

And next to the AU's name it says:
Required:  Proof of Address, SSN

So I guess we will try calling and maybe just have to provide the SSN number.

I haven't had to do this yet, but my understanding is that the TL companies (at least the recommended ones on this thread) have that documentation and will provide it to you for this purpose if requested.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

"In order to verify your authorized user, we'll need some additional documents. Please upload your documents below, or call us at 1-866-236-8431".

I haven't had to do this yet, but my understanding is that the TL companies (at least the recommended ones on this thread) have that documentation and will provide it to you for this purpose if requested.

Yes, for Discover adds, those documents are always in Tradeline Master available for me to download.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
I just logged on to the Tradelinemaster with the old company and see my Barclays card is no longer listed. There is one current user (still listed in the order history) but the card listing itself is gone.

Obviously I’ll email them but in the meantime I’m wondering if anyone has seen this happen before?

Thanks.

Nutty

• Stubble
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
Sorta.  I put my Disc on hold and it disappeared from the screen on the next login, reappeared on the next and then disappeared again.  May be a glitch in the matrix?  I'm not worried.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Yes, same here...  I reported it Thursday or Friday.  All of my cards except 1 disappeared.  I assume they broke something in the web site inadvertently and will fix it.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
^ I think so.

My TradelineMaster had a number of old TLs that should not have been there.  I emailed the company and they said it was a glitch, they knew about it, and would have it fixed Real Soon Now.  I wouldn't worry about it unless it doesn't get fixed in the next week or so.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
I just logged on to the Tradelinemaster with the old company and see my Barclays card is no longer listed. There is one current user (still listed in the order history) but the card listing itself is gone.

Obviously I’ll email them but in the meantime I’m wondering if anyone has seen this happen before?

Thanks.

Same for me.  No idea why.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Same for me. Barclays is not listed. Other cards are listed.

salt cured

• Bristles
I had my first adds with new company this year—BoA and Citi. All have posted, and I’m now waiting on word to remove users. The BoA orders were back in Feb/Mar. Anyone know the typical timeline? Didn’t see anything in the docs they originally sent.

I think new company sends an email to you telling you when to remove.  Typical timeframe is 2 to 4 months.  Don't remove early or you risk not getting paid.

Good to know! Thanks.

Got the email to remove my first add on Friday, so that user was on my card for about 4.5 months. I've heard a number of people in this thread have been slow to be paid by new company, I'll add my datapoint once I receive my payment.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
Same for me. Barclays is not listed. Other cards are listed.

My Barclays Card is still listed, along with my other one. However, the first time I've had a TL marked "Didn't Post" was on that card (1st time out of 10-15 TL sales with the old company).

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Yes, same here...  I reported it Thursday or Friday.  All of my cards except 1 disappeared.  I assume they broke something in the web site inadvertently and will fix it.

Mine are back.  Good luck everybody!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.

Thanks.

You didn't like the explanation in my post immediately above yours?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache

Thanks.

You didn't like the explanation in my post immediately above yours?

I didn't see that when I posted.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Does Chase send a card when you add an AU online? Do they send it to your address or AU address? Is there any way to opt out of receiving it, like with Barclays?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
Does Chase send a card when you add an AU online? Do they send it to your address or AU address? Is there any way to opt out of receiving it, like with Barclays?

Yes, yes, and I don't think so but maybe.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
Chase does send a card and all companies always send the card to your address.

Old co is playing around with their website.  Cards I've removed are back.  No AUs assigned, they just appear.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Chase does send a card and all companies always send the card to your address.

Old co is playing around with their website.  Cards I've removed are back.  No AUs assigned, they just appear.

Just a visual glitch while they're working on mass suspending all the Barclays cards due to all the non-postings, from my understanding.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

erutio

• Pencil Stache
I just got the email from Old company about the situation with Barclays cards.  Man, I hope this isn't the end of the barclaycard AU gravy train.

TheAgileCamel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I just got the email from Old company about the situation with Barclays cards.  Man, I hope this isn't the end of the barclaycard AU gravy train.

Is it possible to share their feedback? I did not receive that email. I am hearing that this is widespread throughout the industry. No one appears to know if this is a 1 off month or the new normal. I am not seeing any of my July tradelines post as well.

This is concerning.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache

Is it possible to share their feedback? I did not receive that email. I am hearing that this is widespread throughout the industry. No one appears to know if this is a 1 off month or the new normal. I am not seeing any of my July tradelines post as well.

This is concerning.

“ Barclays has been temporarily suspended.

Good morning Cardholders,

We have suspended ALL Barclays tradelines in Tradeline Master. We have an overwhelmingly large number of non-postings for June cycle. Barclays has either changed the date in which they report data, or it's possible that they're experiencing a system error that's preventing an update to the credit bureaus for June authorized user data.  Until we confirm a Barclays posting they will not be available in the inventory.

Barclays non-postings for June:

If your order is marked as Did Not Post then that means your tradeline did not post on the credit reports and we have processed a refund for the client. In most cases the client waited an additional week or more for the posting, but Barclays still did not report. The credit reports will be shared with you in your cardholder portal. You can remove the authorized user from your tradeline at your earliest convenience if it's marked as Did Not Post.

Barclays postings for July:

We have a smaller number of orders placed in late June and early July for July statements before the lender was suspended. Our hope is that this is a one time issue and they will post for the July cycle. If that's the case, Barclays will be activated again.

Deactivated tradelines showing in your Cardholder portal:

We are aware that the cardholder portal is showing past tradelines that have been deactivated. This is temporary. They are NOT active in the system and will not be available for purchase.”

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 01:55:42 AM by Pizzabrewer »

ZagNation

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

This is concerning.

“ Barclays has been temporarily suspended.

Good morning Cardholders,

We have suspended ALL Barclays tradelines in Tradeline Master. We have an overwhelmingly large number of non-postings for June cycle. Barclays has either changed the date in which they report data, or it's possible that they're experiencing a system error that's preventing an update to the credit bureaus for June authorized user data.  Until we confirm a Barclays posting they will not be available in the inventory.

Barclays non-postings for June:

If your order is marked as Did Not Post then that means your tradeline did not post on the credit reports and we have processed a refund for the client. In most cases the client waited an additional week or more for the posting, but Barclays still did not report. The credit reports will be shared with you in your cardholder portal. You can remove the authorized user from your tradeline at your earliest convenience if it's marked as Did Not Post.

Barclays postings for July:

We have a smaller number of orders placed in late June and early July for July statements before the lender was suspended. Our hope is that this is a one time issue and they will post for the July cycle. If that's the case, Barclays will be activated again.

Deactivated tradelines showing in your Cardholder portal:

We are aware that the cardholder portal is showing past tradelines that have been deactivated. This is temporary. They are NOT active in the system and will not be available for purchase.”

As a follow up to the communication Pizzabrewer provided, a banner within the old company's portal now reads
Our company has identified many non-postings for BARCLAYS bank for the month of June. Please note: if you have a pending order for June or July for Barclays tradeline we request to contact the bank and add the social security number for the authorized user over the phone. By adding the authorized user’s social security over the phone, we anticipate successful AU posting to the credit bureaus on the upcoming reporting cycle. At the current moment, all Barclays sales are disabled until we further identify the issue for non-postings. Thank you for your cooperation. ***No other lender has been impacted***

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Just goes to show that selling tradelines is not a reliable source of income, just a temporary side gig.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Just goes to show that selling tradelines is not a reliable source of income, just a temporary side gig.

True, I wouldn't count on it indefinitely. Cards can be cancelled, of course, or companies change policy.

Still, I first posted about it over five years ago, and it's still going strong. Pretty decent, IMO.

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Had a call with the owner of Old Company today (we had previously exchanged emails/voicemails the past few weeks regarding the Barclay situation).

They're hoping to un-pause Barclays Aug 1. Current suspicion is that online adds are no longer posting, but calling in with SSN is. If you have data otherwise (e.g. you called in with social for a Barclays add that didn't post), please post here or PM me. Or if your Barclays add did post, and you did/didn't do it online, please post or PM.

Three pieces of big news from them (these will be announced in future newsletters, but a sneak peek for you guys):

1) They're going to pay 50% commissions on all Barclays adds that didn't post. They had to do a full refund to all AUs, but recognize that it sucks as a cardholder to use a Barclays slot and not get paid for something outside your control. Despite their contract saying you don't get paid if it fails to posts, and despite the fact that they made no money on these adds--and will be losing money due to this move--they're going to pay out half the commission. Super classy move, IMO, and shows yet again why I like Old Company a lot.

2) They're opening enrollment again for all cards they accept starting Aug 1. Huzzah! This happens ~once/year, so if you don't currently have your cards enrolled with Old Company, I'd recommend doing so at that time. PM me if you need the info, otherwise contact them in about two weeks.

3) They're opening enrollment--for the first time ever--to American Express cards. Yes, AmEx doesn't report the tradeline history (only the limit), so it's more for a niche of borrowers looking to drop their DTI (or who have a long credit history but not much available credit), and it will be at a lower commission than other cards, but it is a chance to use your AmEx cards now if you wish. He is supposed to email me the commission schedule for AmEx tomorrow, and I'll post it soon.

Please do not contact them now (wait until August 1) about enrolling more cards or enrolling your AmEx. They're busy dealing with the Barclays thing, and anticipate August 1 to be working on items 2 and 3 above, you can contact them them. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. :)

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
This is all GREAT news.  I looked back in my history and my last non-posting was Barclay cash forward.  In the past, they've looked for low limit, newer cards for 2 month low paying slots.  I did a slew of these the first time it was offered.  Well now those cards have aged and my payments have increased with the ages.  Nice to see.

Thanks much for the heads up.  I have a mostly never used AMEX that I think is my oldest card.  I'll be more than happy to enroll it!  Several other cards that I have opened over the last 2 years for the sign on bonus that may qualify.  We'll see what limits are in place.  I do remember that at times, there are specific cards that they have certain age/limit requirements on.  Time to go through my sock drawer cards.  :D

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
They're hoping to un-pause Barclays Aug 1. Current suspicion is that online adds are no longer posting, but calling in with SSN is. If you have data otherwise (e.g. you called in with social for a Barclays add that didn't post), please post here or PM me. Or if your Barclays add did post, and you did/didn't do it online, please post or PM.

I added AU to my Barclays in March '21 and May '21, both online adds, and both posted successfully.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
I have 4 Barclays add's in May, all online.  3 of the 4 posted.  1 was within a day or so of another of the 3 and did not post.  Old co was checking with client as they had not heard back and asked for screenshot.  This was before I knew of the BC issues.

Question @arebelspy / all: How do we go back and add SSNs?  The client info is no longer available (AFAIK) from the portal.  I don't retain SSN locally as I think it is a risky practice for all involved.

thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Sorry I wasn't clear, this looks like an issue that just started in June.

No need to go back and add SSNs, just looking for data on if people did/didn't call in SSNs and what posted or not in June/July. :)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks ARS!

I was actually confused by their web site message.  I see that this was also clarified in their last email on this topic.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
How do we go back and add SSNs?  The client info is no longer available (AFAIK) from the portal.  I don't retain SSN locally as I think it is a risky practice for all involved.

You don't.

I was confused about this as well, since I have a June Barclays AU that I added online without SSN.

If you have a Barclays AU that you haven't added yet, they're asking you to call in and add them over the phone with SSN.

I think ARS is interested in data points contrary to the current thesis, which is that in June Barclays stopped posting AUs which were added without SSN.  So if you added a June Barclays AU online without SSN and it posted, or if you added a June Barclays AU via phone with SSN and it didn't post.

(@ARS, my data fits the thesis so far.  All my Barclays AUs have been added online without SSN - May 2021 and previous have all posted; I have a June Barclays AU which hasn't posted yet and I expect not to.)

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
2 May Barclays AUs posted (I got paid for both but the payment area shows blank on the website for one of them), added online as normal.

1 June Barclays AU did not post. I didn't call in to add a SS#, just added online like normal.

Nothing in July.

missundecided

• Bristles
Thanks for the update. How sensitive is AMEX to AUs and how big of an impact is it when they drop thr hammer? Chase level of magnitude?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
Thanks for the update. How sensitive is AMEX to AUs and how big of an impact is it when they drop thr hammer? Chase level of magnitude?

I don't think anyone really knows since neither of the companies recommended here have accepted AMEX before, so they have no track record yet.

There are some on this thread who appear to use other TL companies that do accept AMEX, so maybe they'll chime in.

My impression is that Chase is the worst (in terms of AU disciplinary action), so probably not that bad.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Question for the great minds here...

I have an AU that posted with a removal date of today.  Should I remove it today as I normally would or wait a few days?  It is a barclays card.

thanks for any advice

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
Question for the great minds here...

I have an AU that posted with a removal date of today.  Should I remove it today as I normally would or wait a few days?  It is a barclays card.

thanks for any advice

You can wait if you want to, but I've always aimed to remove it on the removal date itself.  I've encountered no difficulties in doing it that way.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks as always @secondcor521 !

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

I’m almost at 100 over 12 months on one Amex card… no prob. They max at 100 in a year.

A company I work with often piggybacks high limit Amex with older tradelines. 

Rusted Rose

• Stubble
They max at 100 in a year.

So you can cycle 100 on/off during that year...does that mean it resets annually and you can cycle another 100, or is the card burned for good once the max is hit, or?

Thanks for the info.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Not burned for good. I think (haven’t had it happen yet) once you hit 99 that it’s 12 months for each add.  I know when I get to 99 I’ll move by credit to another card and start all over again until the old one is back in the game.

Rusted Rose

• Stubble
Not burned for good. I think (haven’t had it happen yet) once you hit 99 that it’s 12 months for each add.  I know when I get to 99 I’ll move by credit to another card and start all over again until the old one is back in the game.

So...once it stays dormant for a year you can reload the next 100 per year?

And hmm, can you move credit lines with them anymore? A while ago they stopped allowing reallocation, can we do that again? I've ignored my Amexes for a while...

Again thanks for the info.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Between two Amex personal credit cards it’s all easy and online to shift credit limit.

In the top ribbon, click the button that says Account Services
Click the button that says Payment & Credit Options
Click Transfer Available Credit to Another Card

Rusted Rose

• Stubble
Thanks! Like I say, I've been ignoring them a while. Just haven't looked! :)

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
I signed up with a rando called Splendid Credit because the OP suggested company has been booked for months not taking new people.

The front end part went well. But I keep getting scam vibes. I feel like they implied I'd receive payment July 10th for sales in June. Further email back and forth said payment wouldn't happen until ~September~ for a June Sale. Ha! Like that makes any sense, we all know people paid up front for these lines, so where exactly is that money sitting for 3 months? I also wasn't told that in their FAQ or their weird phone interview.

I may be jumping the gun, but I don't "work" for the theory of money later. I told them to remove my cards from their listings. That I would reconsider working with them again after payment had been made in September.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
I've been selling tradelines on a Capital One card and they always send a card for the AU. I just realized after months of throwing the unopened envelopes in a drawer that they are all metal cards. So no I have a stack of 8 metal credit cards, each with a different name and number. What is the best way to destroy/dispose of these? There were a few envelopes to return them to Capital One, but I feel like it would be very suspicious to send back multiple cards with different names in one envelope.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
IDK if it'd be suspicious; I'm guessing that all the cards that get sent back (whether from regular expirations or returned mail or AUs) are all sent to one area to be process, and people from that area are hardly spending the time to look at the cards.

But if it'd make you feel better, tin snips and a fire. I have those metal cards, they're not something you want to cut with scissors but they're hardly indestructible.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Barclays added a remark on my account, with Equifax. I found out because Credit Karma sent me an alert. The remark is "Consumer disputes after resolution", whatever that means. It is for a credit card I use for TLs but I never disputed anything on it, always paid on time etc.

Does anyone know if having this kind of remark means I can't use this card for TLs? I remember a couple of years ago another bank added a remark, also for no reason, and one of the TL companies noticed it and said they can't use that card unless I have it removed.

Update: double checked and the same remark is with all the bureaus. Already asked equifax to remove it.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:12:39 PM by Padonak »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
Barclays added a remark on my account, with Equifax. I found out because Credit Karma sent me an alert. The remark is "Consumer disputes after resolution", whatever that means. It is for a credit card I use for TLs but I never disputed anything on it, always paid on time etc.

Does anyone know if having this kind of remark means I can't use this card for TLs? I remember a couple of years ago another bank added a remark, also for no reason, and one of the TL companies noticed it and said they can't use that card unless I have it removed.

Update: double checked and the same remark is with all the bureaus. Already asked equifax to remove it.

I have not heard of any such requirement by either of the two recommended companies on this thread.  Other TL companies might require such.

I doubt the remark carries over to the AU's history, but it conceivably could.  Also, I doubt the remark matters for credit scoring purposes and probably only matters if a human actually looks at the credit report.

I would inquire with whichever TL company you would like to use to see what they say.

beekayworld

• Stubble

I don't know about Discover's requirement, but when Capital One required proof of address and SSN, the company sent me copies of the AU's driver's license and Social Security card.

This worked for a while, then one time the copy of the SS card was black and white. Capital One said they needed a color copy. The TL company said "sorry. we don't have it." so the Cap One card was locked. I couldn't add AUs or even use the card, so I canceled it.

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

So...once it stays dormant for a year you can reload the next 100 per year?

And hmm, can you move credit lines with them anymore? A while ago they stopped allowing reallocation, can we do that again? I've ignored my Amexes for a while...

Again thanks for the info.

100 adds in a year is .... crazy :p
Is the 100 adds for each American Express card or all cards totaled up?
The wait time after hitting 100 wasn't clear.  Is this similar to Discover?  For instance, if you add 10 per month for 10 months, then 2-3 months later can you add 10 more?

Thanks in advance

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I’m almost at the cap.  I think it’s 99 per 12 months. There’s a system to how they do the new card numbers that stops them from going above that.  And they advertise add up to 99 users.  So as a result my high limit Amex has made me close to 10k in a year between two companies.