Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906645 times)

Rhinodad

• Stubble
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #4650 on: December 31, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
As I'm new to this, just wondering if there's a correlation between actively using the card as your daily card and not being shut down. I can understand why a bank may shut down a card if it appears only being used for tradelines, but would they shut it down if you are charging $2000 per month on that card and selling tradelines on it? Seems like they may be foolish to do that. I find it somewhat funny, especially as I've added users to both Discover and BofA, and on both of those pages it says proudly "Add friends and family as a user", then they shut them down for adding too many "friends" or family. I look it as we are just using either tradeline company to "vet our friends".

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #4651 on: December 31, 2020, 11:05:42 AM »
Right, just accept the risk that the banks you do want to do business with might get gobbled up by a bigger one someday. Like, a few years ago if you'd said "I'm happy never to do business with Chase, I'm just fine with my accounts at my local Washington Mutual...", you'd be disappointed now.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4652 on: December 31, 2020, 11:11:06 AM »
Right, just accept the risk that the banks you do want to do business with might get gobbled up by a bigger one someday. Like, a few years ago if you'd said "I'm happy never to do business with Chase, I'm just fine with my accounts at my local Washington Mutual...", you'd be disappointed now.

Understood, but I only use Credit Unions for my normal banking and non-tradeline credit cards with very long account history - no chance of Chase buying those up. The only relationship I have with national banks is for credit cards for sign-up bonuses and tradelines. And I never keep much in the way of reward points with them. I don't travel so generally they're only good for cash back. I did have about 25k points on my Barclays card which I just realized can be used for statement credits on grocery, restaurant, and gas - not just travel. It's only good through the end of January but that let me get $0.01 per point whereas straight cash back would have normally been valued at only $0.005 per point.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4653 on: December 31, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »
As I'm new to this, just wondering if there's a correlation between actively using the card as your daily card and not being shut down. I can understand why a bank may shut down a card if it appears only being used for tradelines, but would they shut it down if you are charging $2000 per month on that card and selling tradelines on it? Seems like they may be foolish to do that. I find it somewhat funny, especially as I've added users to both Discover and BofA, and on both of those pages it says proudly "Add friends and family as a user", then they shut them down for adding too many "friends" or family. I look it as we are just using either tradeline company to "vet our friends".

You'd think after 94 pages of comments we'd have it all figured out... but it depends and really tough to know if any of that helps you but there are plenty of examples of people who used and then lost their cards.  Banks certainly will close accounts regardless of TL usage when cards go unused or they lower CL when you don't use them much.  Some people follow all the guidelines and still lose accounts.  Don't sell anything you aren't afraid to lose. 

As your first oh crap call may be with the fraud department even without a shutdown they will look at card patterns.  There's some speculation that your overall relationship (tenure, number of accounts) may help you.  But banks will shut you down for any number of reasons that want to, including excessive tradelines.

The other risk of your daily card being sold is you have to constantly make sure you're under 10% utilization.   If you don't spend much and have a big limit that's easy but for some not selling your daily card may be better.

Rhinodad

• Stubble
« Reply #4654 on: December 31, 2020, 12:17:31 PM »

You'd think after 94 pages of comments we'd have it all figured out... but it depends and really tough to know if any of that helps you but there are plenty of examples of people who used and then lost their cards.  Banks certainly will close accounts regardless of TL usage when cards go unused or they lower CL when you don't use them much.  Some people follow all the guidelines and still lose accounts.  Don't sell anything you aren't afraid to lose. 

As your first oh crap call may be with the fraud department even without a shutdown they will look at card patterns.  There's some speculation that your overall relationship (tenure, number of accounts) may help you.  But banks will shut you down for any number of reasons that want to, including excessive tradelines.

The other risk of your daily card being sold is you have to constantly make sure you're under 10% utilization.   If you don't spend much and have a big limit that's easy but for some not selling your daily card may be better.

Thanks for the feedback. This makes sense. We won't sell anything we aren't afraid to use...but was hoping to tip the odds by perhaps using those cards a little more frequently. I also have 5 adult kids, so on some of the ones that don't seem to have lifetime limits, may try and add them from time to time.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4655 on: December 31, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »

Understood, but I only use Credit Unions for my normal banking and non-tradeline credit cards with very long account history - no chance of Chase buying those up. The only relationship I have with national banks is for credit cards for sign-up bonuses and tradelines. And I never keep much in the way of reward points with them. I don't travel so generally they're only good for cash back. I did have about 25k points on my Barclays card which I just realized can be used for statement credits on grocery, restaurant, and gas - not just travel. It's only good through the end of January but that let me get $0.01 per point whereas straight cash back would have normally been valued at only $0.005 per point.

Banks have acquired credit unions and credit unions have acquired banks. The smaller your credit union is, the more likely it could get gobbled up someday.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #4656 on: January 01, 2021, 03:40:56 PM »
Does Amazon still allow you to set up multiple auto reloads to your gift card balance using multiple credit cards? I set 1 up, but when I went to set up my other cards, it looks like it just switched out the card and didn’t let me add it. I also see the minimum reload amount is now $5 — I think it used to be $2.50.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4657 on: January 02, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Manual reloads of 99 cents still work.  It's what I do for my "low balance forgiveness" cards every month.  Just did several of them on the 29th.

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4658 on: January 03, 2021, 08:12:41 AM »
I just went to remove an AU from Capital One for the first time and received the following message. Just curious, does anyone have any experience removing someone and then wanting to add them again later (say a personal connection that you decide to add back a couple of months later.)

"Sam will be removed and will no longer have access to your account. You won't be able to undo this, and you won't be able to re-add Sam to the account."

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4659 on: January 04, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »
Update on the Harley cards.  Just got envelopes to return METAL cards.  I've never received a metal card so figure they're starting to issue them and the system got ahead of reality.  Sent them the cancelled AU plastic card that I still had.  (I had been burning cards as soon as I get them)

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4660 on: January 05, 2021, 07:07:22 AM »
Just tried to sign up for the Barclays uPromise card to start seasoning it. I got the "we're reviewing your application" message, aka denial. I've got an ~800 score, 100k income, and have only opened a few CC accounts in the last couple of years.

I'm thinking of trying a local bank for an Elan card but I'm wondering if their interface will be as easy as Capital One and Barclays to add/remove AUs. I don't want to be calling in every month to make changes.

I'm also considering this Chase Freedom Unlimited card with no annual fee
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-freedom-freedom-unlimited-200-bonus-5-back-on-groceries-up-to-12k-first-year/

Any other suggestions for new cards to season with the Old Company?

Another "reviewing application" for the Elan Max Cash Preferred but I was approved for an $18k limit for the Chase Freedom Unlimited. So in just two short years I can start making $200 per tradeline with that. In the meantime, no annual fee and $200 cash back. The 5% on groceries for the first year will be good too as our typical monthly grocery bill is over $1,000 (big family).

I just got an email I was approved for an Elan Max Cash Preferred card with a $20k limit. I guess the manual review went in my favor.

I called Barclay's reconsideration line and was told I had to send a front and back copy of my driver's license and social security card plus a utility bill from the last 30 days to verify my identity before they would consider giving me a second card. I'll probably go ahead and do it since Barclay's has been so easy to add and remove tradelines. Besides, whatever hit to my credit from that inquiry has already occurred, might as well get something out of it.

chicagomeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4661 on: January 07, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »
My ongoing issues w/my postal carrier not delivering any mail to our address with a different name have caused an issue. PNC is now requiring me to verify the CVV code before they can remove an AU. I told them that I had "misplaced" the card and they told me I have to report it lost/stolen. I asked if I need to complete that before they can remove the AU & they said they will have to verify the CVV before they can remove the AU. Given that I have received 1 out of about 10 AU cards in the last 6 months, I am skeptical I will ever get the replacement card that is sent out and therefore may be in an endless loop to try to remove this user.

I'm considering opening a PO Box to deal with this but not sure it will be any better--during the PO Box enrollment application it asks for your name and suggests there is a fee for each additional name added to the PO Box past a certain point. I'm in Chicago if anyone has specific experience with our post offices btw.

Anyone have a better idea of how to get out of the trap & keep milking this card?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4662 on: January 07, 2021, 12:25:41 PM »
That's the opposite of my problem.  I get all kinds of mail and offers for all the AU I add.  I also get a lot of my neighbors mail.  I also get mail addressed to every person that's ever lived in this house.  Sometimes I get mail addressed to a random person that doesn't fall into the above categories.  Sometimes it lists my address, but sometimes it's not even my address. 

"Hmm I don't know where this mail goes.  Just deliver it to frugalnacho's house."

anni

• Stubble
« Reply #4663 on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »
Are the companies taking cards right now? I have a couple, between 2-6 years old with between $5K-$30K credit limits that I was hoping to enroll, but I didn't have any success last time I tried to start ip.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4664 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:06 PM »
Are the companies taking cards right now? I have a couple, between 2-6 years old with between $5K-$30K credit limits that I was hoping to enroll, but I didn't have any success last time I tried to start ip.

I don't believe so. New company might be.

Old company only opens registration rarely, so it's worth jumping on when they do. Otherwise just check in with them periodically.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4665 on: January 07, 2021, 06:46:43 PM »
I know these two companies are the only two that  take the precautions to be worthy of a recommendation here but if they’re not taking new cards why not use one of the other tradeline  companies out there? Or as has been mentioned here why not someone here start a TL company?

The two TL companies that I work with I can tell don’t take all the precautions these companies do but they take most and do make sure buyers are legit and  I end up selling most of my card spots every month and they’re desperate for more cards... my best selling card is an Amx which the two companies here don’t even want. 

No doubt this thread is the reason a lot of people have made some nice money  but it would seem like maybe a third company that meets all the criteria might help.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4666 on: January 07, 2021, 07:05:43 PM »
My ongoing issues w/my postal carrier not delivering any mail to our address with a different name have caused an issue. PNC is now requiring me to verify the CVV code before they can remove an AU. I told them that I had "misplaced" the card and they told me I have to report it lost/stolen. I asked if I need to complete that before they can remove the AU & they said they will have to verify the CVV before they can remove the AU. Given that I have received 1 out of about 10 AU cards in the last 6 months, I am skeptical I will ever get the replacement card that is sent out and therefore may be in an endless loop to try to remove this user.

I'm considering opening a PO Box to deal with this but not sure it will be any better--during the PO Box enrollment application it asks for your name and suggests there is a fee for each additional name added to the PO Box past a certain point. I'm in Chicago if anyone has specific experience with our post offices btw.

Anyone have a better idea of how to get out of the trap & keep milking this card?

The thing with PNC is that all AU cards have the identical card number and identical CVV number to your card. They will come with an activation sticker that makes it look like you need to activate the card but you don't, it's already active. So if you want you can call in to remove an AU and just give them your CVV number(it's the same). HOWEVER the caveat with doing that is the AU will be removed but the card remains active so if you don't have the card, you potentially have a hot card floating around somewhere out there. The ONLY way to actually de-activate an AU card, if you don't have it and can destroy it, is to declare it lost/stolen. This, however, will cause your card and any other AU cards to be closed and reissued with new numbers. When you call to remove an authorized user, they will read a statement that you are still on the hook for any charges made with the card. They will then ask you if you are in possession of the AU card or if you can gain possession. If you are not/cannot, they will need to report lost/stolen and re-issue your card/other AU cards with new numbers. I do not like the way PNC handles AU's with issuing your CC number CVV number to all authorized user cards, however I have been using PNC for tradelines for a long time and never had a problem from them so I deal with how they do things.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #4667 on: January 07, 2021, 07:39:40 PM »
I know these two companies are the only two that  take the precautions to be worthy of a recommendation here but if they’re not taking new cards why not use one of the other tradeline  companies out there? Or as has been mentioned here why not someone here start a TL company?

See the second post in this thread for the answer to your first question.

In response to your second question, some MMMers talked about it for a while but nothing ever came of it.  I think it's too much work, or too much like work.

chicagomeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4668 on: January 07, 2021, 08:00:01 PM »

The thing with PNC is that all AU cards have the identical card number and identical CVV number to your card. They will come with an activation sticker that makes it look like you need to activate the card but you don't, it's already active. So if you want you can call in to remove an AU and just give them your CVV number(it's the same). HOWEVER the caveat with doing that is the AU will be removed but the card remains active so if you don't have the card, you potentially have a hot card floating around somewhere out there. The ONLY way to actually de-activate an AU card, if you don't have it and can destroy it, is to declare it lost/stolen. This, however, will cause your card and any other AU cards to be closed and reissued with new numbers. When you call to remove an authorized user, they will read a statement that you are still on the hook for any charges made with the card. They will then ask you if you are in possession of the AU card or if you can gain possession. If you are not/cannot, they will need to report lost/stolen and re-issue your card/other AU cards with new numbers. I do not like the way PNC handles AU's with issuing your CC number CVV number to all authorized user cards, however I have been using PNC for tradelines for a long time and never had a problem from them so I deal with how they do things.

OMG YOU'RE A LIFESAVER.

I'm basically counting on the fraud protection on these cards to protect me--that makes me a little nervous to know they're all floating around active w/the same info as my real card but c'est la vie. Thanks for the tip!!!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4669 on: January 08, 2021, 03:44:51 PM »

My experience with the PO BOX from USPS has been mixed.  I had some delivery issues due to last name being different.  However, I also had this with my spouse where maiden name was used for whatever reason on mail.  This is despite her name being on the box both ways when setup.  I don't think it is so much a financial thing but more of a liability/registration thing.  ie only accept mail for names listed on this form that someone signed.

Since you're in Chicago, I am not sure if this will work for you...  My suggestion would be to get a USPS PO box at a smaller post office location.  Mine is a small, rural location and I still ran into that problem mentioned.  Good luck!

P.S. Sad but true... I also had USPS return mail to my home address to a sender indicating the recipient was deceased.  We checked and both of us were still very much alive.  No clue how that happened but it happened for at least a few weeks!  We found this out months later when 1-2 companies indicated non-renewal of a service because we were deceased!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4670 on: January 08, 2021, 07:36:04 PM »
PSA--

Old company 1099 is available on payroll site.  I happened to check today so not sure when posted.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4671 on: January 08, 2021, 08:42:11 PM »
PSA--

Old company 1099 is available on payroll site.  I happened to check today so not sure when posted.

Also of note, people will now receive a Form 1099-NEC with an amount in box 1, rather than the old 1099 with an amount in box 7.  Same idea, just a new form and new box (and provided earlier).

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #4672 on: January 09, 2021, 11:12:35 AM »
PSA--

Also of note, people will now receive a Form 1099-NEC with an amount in box 1, rather than the old 1099 with an amount in box 7.  Same idea, just a new form and new box (and provided earlier).

Good info, thanks!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4673 on: January 10, 2021, 05:28:48 PM »
My first trade lines sold the other day on 12/3. I figured that both orders would have to be on there for at least 60 days before removing so I set a reminder to check on everything and moved on. 12/11 I get an email suggesting to remove the AUs from the Capital One card. So, I removed them. I really figured that they would have had to of been on there much longer than that. Is it normal to have an AU on for only a week's time? Something wrong with my card perhaps? It is not used often and is mainly held on to for its age, limit, and tradelines now. I've been on with the company since 2019 and these are my first orders so I'm just trying to get an idea of what's going on.

Not sure which company but Old Company is having some portal issues. I had 2 AUs for Cap One that were supposed to be on for 5 months, which ended up being a mistake. I removed them, as instructed, and sold 2 more spots. Those spots didn't show up as filled and got another order. I just emailed the company and they are trying to fix the errors.

Has some same issues with old company. Sold 2, show that I still had those lines to sell, and the removal date was 2/29/2020. Emailed them with screen shots and they are trying to fix the issues.

FYI for others... I had (have still) this problem also.  I didn't realize it when folks initially posted.

I am confirming removal with old company to be sure but happened once already & confirmed; I think I have another one with an incorrect removal date.  I probably lost a couple of orders due to this issue so I wish I had noticed what was going on sooner.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned this issue!!

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4674 on: January 10, 2021, 05:46:28 PM »
For the old company, I remove when the payment closes.  Never been a problem.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4675 on: January 11, 2021, 09:43:22 AM »

Do you mean the date you are paid?  ie 30/31 of the month

thanks

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4676 on: January 11, 2021, 09:50:15 AM »

thanks

Yep.  Usually a few days later, if I remember. 

This is not what they recommend though, so proceed at your own risk.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4677 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:26 AM »
Just got a call asking for one of my recent tradelines. I said I think you have the wrong number and said I'd never heard of the person (it was a woman's name). I'm guessing it was a collections agency of some sort that saw my address pop up on her credit report. The name sounded vaguely familiar and I had to check my spreadsheet I keep of tradelines to make sure. Oh well, small price to pay. Maybe this will help confuse the various data aggregators that already have all of my personal information in a thousand databases.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4678 on: January 11, 2021, 10:00:04 AM »

thanks

Yep.  Usually a few days later, if I remember. 

This is not what they recommend though, so proceed at your own risk.

Thanks for the reply.

I hope they fix the problem soon.  Seems to have started just a few months ago.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4679 on: January 11, 2021, 10:46:57 AM »
Just got a call asking for one of my recent tradelines. I said I think you have the wrong number and said I'd never heard of the person (it was a woman's name). I'm guessing it was a collections agency of some sort that saw my address pop up on her credit report. The name sounded vaguely familiar and I had to check my spreadsheet I keep of tradelines to make sure. Oh well, small price to pay. Maybe this will help confuse the various data aggregators that already have all of my personal information in a thousand databases.

I've had this happen a few times too. I'm pretty sure it's just debt collectors. I tell them they have the wrong number and I never hear from them again.

Just a reminder to everyone: you have no responsibility for an AU's debts.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #4680 on: January 12, 2021, 07:46:48 AM »

I've had this happen a few times too. I'm pretty sure it's just debt collectors. I tell them they have the wrong number and I never hear from them again.

I have had these calls from time to time. And then a couple of years ago someone knocked on my door, showed me his badge, and claimed he was from the State’s Attorney’s office! He showed me some paperwork with a photo and asked if I knew the person. The name did not ring a bell, but as soon as he left, I searched my record of AUs, and sure enough, it was an AU I had previously added!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4681 on: January 12, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »

I have had these calls from time to time. And then a couple of years ago someone knocked on my door, showed me his badge, and claimed he was from the State’s Attorney’s office! He showed me some paperwork with a photo and asked if I knew the person. The name did not ring a bell, but as soon as he left, I searched my record of AUs, and sure enough, it was an AU I had previously added!

To those who are just considering selling tradelines, if you are not prepared to deal with this situation or things like banks  doing fraud investigations and shutting down your cards, maybe find other things to do.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4682 on: January 12, 2021, 10:40:56 AM »

Hah!

That's an interesting story. I have one that might top it, but it's still in a tentative phase where I can't discuss it yet.

I a month or two though expect a good one...
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #4683 on: January 13, 2021, 02:52:21 PM »

To those who are just considering selling tradelines, if you are not prepared to deal with this situation or things like banks  doing fraud investigations and shutting down your cards, maybe find other things to do.

Agree with this advice! I was shaking the entire time, thinking he’s probably asking about one of the AUs. I also wondered if they were possibly investigating me! But this was ~3 years ago and nothing ever came of it.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4684 on: January 14, 2021, 06:28:49 AM »

I experienced something similar a couple years ago. A big repo man showed up looking for an AUs vehicle. I was very nice and courteous to him. I even opened the garage to show him there was no vehicle of such kind and explained that I have been living in our current home for several years. He seemed taken back that I was being very kind to him. So much so that he said he could tell I was telling the truth. It just happened that the AU lived in the same state as me and actually had family in the same town. I think I prefer the occasional mail and phone call. Ha!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4685 on: January 14, 2021, 06:29:48 AM »
FYI, I emailed new company for payment dating back to July of last year. They responded immediately and I was paid the very next day. Maybe it's getting better?

Edit: to add it was the new company not the old company.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:02:36 PM by MasterStache »

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #4686 on: January 14, 2021, 10:31:10 AM »
FYI, I emailed old company for payment dating back to July of last year. They responded immediately and I was paid the very next day. Maybe it's getting better?
(edited~ oops! I was talking about the new company)
The owner of NEW (edited) Company is wonderful and prompt about paying WHEN I INQUIRE. But it's not automatic. I also wrote about payments from July and August last week and he was polite and gave me a dollar amount and asked if that matched my records, and sent it immediately. 

I don't understand why they don't have the payments automated. He knew the amount he owed (or rather was able to look it up quickly) but nobody is sending it until asked.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 04:12:09 PM by beekayworld »

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4687 on: January 14, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »
Are the last couple of posts talking about the new company or old company?

In my experience and in the history of this (long) thread, it's always been the new company with late payment problems.  So much so that I stopped using them and work only with the old company now. 

The old company has always been prompt with payments and it's fully automated.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4688 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »
Are the last couple of posts talking about the new company or old company?

In my experience and in the history of this (long) thread, it's always been the new company with late payment problems.  So much so that I stopped using them and work only with the old company now. 

The old company has always been prompt with payments and it's fully automated.

Not the posters but I think you are right.

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4689 on: January 14, 2021, 01:30:25 PM »
This thread has been going on for so long now, the "new" company isn't exactly new.  I know the reasons why we didn't want to name the companies before, but can we start using abbreviations for them, like TLM or BC101 and CCPro?

Moderators: Please delete if even the above is not allowed.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4690 on: January 14, 2021, 01:37:06 PM »
I've received payments monthly like clockwork from the old company.  I didn't pay attention and went over a year without payment from the new company until I first emailed them a breakdown, then sent a copy to Joe, who I assume sent it in as I was paid shortly after that.

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #4691 on: January 14, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
I've received payments monthly like clockwork from the old company.  I didn't pay attention and went over a year without payment from the new company until I first emailed them a breakdown, then sent a copy to Joe, who I assume sent it in as I was paid shortly after that.

Yes, I misspoke. The old company does operate like clockwork for me just as you say. The NEW company is the one that waits for me to ask.  However, they have always paid.

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #4692 on: January 14, 2021, 04:15:41 PM »
This thread has been going on for so long now, the "new" company isn't exactly new.  I know the reasons why we didn't want to name the companies before, but can we start using abbreviations for them, like TLM or BC101 and CCPro?

I joined the NEW company first. The old company wasn't open to new cards.  Later I was able to join the old company. So in my mind I think of them backwards sometimes since I joined NEW first and OLD recently.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4693 on: January 14, 2021, 07:04:03 PM »

I joined the NEW company first. The old company wasn't open to new cards.  Later I was able to join the old company. So in my mind I think of them backwards sometimes since I joined NEW first and OLD recently.

Me too. I edited my comment as I actually meant the new company. Old company still pays like clockwork.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4694 on: January 17, 2021, 03:19:14 PM »
As tax filing time is upon us, I'm curious how everyone categorizes their expenses for their tradeline sales?

I only made $400 in 2020 but I had two annual credit card fees and I'm trying to decide whether to put those under "Credit card, loan, and other interest" which I believe will be filled in block 16b on my Schedule C, or if some other category makes more sense.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4695 on: January 17, 2021, 03:25:46 PM »
As tax filing time is upon us, I'm curious how everyone categorizes their expenses for their tradeline sales?

I only made $400 in 2020 but I had two annual credit card fees and I'm trying to decide whether to put those under "Credit card, loan, and other interest" which I believe will be filled in block 16b on my Schedule C, or if some other category makes more sense.

I think line 10 (Commissions and fees) would make more sense.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #4696 on: January 18, 2021, 10:01:42 AM »
So some of us got messages from Discover last year that we had to wait to add more authorized users. I had a message that I could not add any more Authorized users until after 12/19/20.

But today, I log into Discover to add my next batch of AUs and now it says that I cannot add anymore until 6/14/21? I haven't added any users to that card in months, so I' not sure why that date was extended for no reason.

Have any of you Discover users run into this? The chat agent told me I had to call their customer protection phone number for help, but I'm hesitant to do so, because if they look further into my account they'll see a ton of past authorized users and might shut me down.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4697 on: January 18, 2021, 06:44:03 PM »
So some of us got messages from Discover last year that we had to wait to add more authorized users. I had a message that I could not add any more Authorized users until after 12/19/20.

But today, I log into Discover to add my next batch of AUs and now it says that I cannot add anymore until 6/14/21? I haven't added any users to that card in months, so I' not sure why that date was extended for no reason.

Have any of you Discover users run into this? The chat agent told me I had to call their customer protection phone number for help, but I'm hesitant to do so, because if they look further into my account they'll see a ton of past authorized users and might shut me down.

I had that message from Discover and put my card on hold with the TL company until I was able to add more online(3 months). They said I should be able to call in and add without an issue but I decided to play it safe.

anonymouscow

• Stubble
« Reply #4698 on: January 19, 2021, 02:34:15 PM »
Michael in ABQ, that's interesting to note on the internal trade limit. What's the plan after that limit is reached for said card? I'm wondering if there ever comes a time when you can begin using it for tradelines again. Barclay's has been really good for me in the tradeline space and I'd hope to keep it going. Perhaps I will open another card and let it season for 2 years to hit the bigger tradeoffs.

Are there any other internal AU limits for other cards? If so, how would we find out about them?

After I reached the limit on my Barclay card I was able to transfer the available credit to a second Barclay card that I had opened 2 years ago. One was 7k and one was 8k, so it ended up being 15k.

I asked if I could change the card that reached the AU limit to something else, but they said they couldn’t change it, I would have to apply for a new card.

I don’t know of limits for any other cards, I haven’t run into any limits except for Barclays.

falsekrakk808

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4699 on: January 19, 2021, 09:06:05 PM »
Michael in ABQ, that's interesting to note on the internal trade limit. What's the plan after that limit is reached for said card? I'm wondering if there ever comes a time when you can begin using it for tradelines again. Barclay's has been really good for me in the tradeline space and I'd hope to keep it going. Perhaps I will open another card and let it season for 2 years to hit the bigger tradeoffs.

Are there any other internal AU limits for other cards? If so, how would we find out about them?

After I reached the limit on my Barclay card I was able to transfer the available credit to a second Barclay card that I had opened 2 years ago. One was 7k and one was 8k, so it ended up being 15k.

I asked if I could change the card that reached the AU limit to something else, but they said they couldn’t change it, I would have to apply for a new card.

I don’t know of limits for any other cards, I haven’t run into any limits except for Barclays.
Anonymouscow, that's good to know. I didn't think to open another Barclays card now so that'll season in time for the first one to reach it's limits. My initial thought was the limit applied to all Barclays cards, apparently not which is good news. Now, I have homework to find a decent Barclays card to apply for.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!