Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906411 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #4600 on: December 08, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »
FYI, enrollment in old company is closed.

They may make some exceptions depending on ages/limits, but yeah, typically for large chunks of time they don't accept any cards, then they reopen enrollment for brief periods when they need new ones. Supply and demand. Hopefully everyone got their cards enrolled in the most recent window, and/or are aging some for the next. :)

Will they let us know when they are enrolling new cards?
Yep
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4601 on: December 08, 2020, 07:50:28 PM »
I’ve only recently started selling trade lines, with the old company. I sold my first slot with Capital One a few weeks ago. I just got the following email from Cap1:

“We need to hear from you—because the Capital One® card we just sent couldn’t be delivered to the address we’ve got on file.

Your card’s been returned to us, so it’s in safe hands. But please, give us a call now at 1‑800‑955‑7070 so we can update your address and get your card back out to you ASAP.”

So apparently the card in the name of the AU was returned. What should I do?  Ignore this notice (my preference) or do I need to respond?

TIA

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4602 on: December 09, 2020, 06:44:45 AM »
Always have the card sent to your address not the AU. On occasion your mail carrier will return to sender if the name is different.  But I would call and have them confirm the address and resend to you.  But if you ignore it's probably no big deal since it's your first... as long as it reports to the bureau you get paid.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:17:54 AM by harrydogyo »

helloyou

• Bristles
« Reply #4603 on: December 09, 2020, 07:51:17 AM »
Hello

does this work if I live in the UK?

MoseyingAlong

• Bristles
« Reply #4604 on: December 09, 2020, 08:41:13 AM »
Re. Discover message.

Earlier this week, I removed a couple AUs and saw the message that I can't add any more until February 2021. I notified Erica; she replied that I can add them by calling in.

Has anyone tried to add by calling in after getting the pause message from Discover?

I'm leaning towards just letting the card sit for a couple months because I hate calling people.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4605 on: December 09, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »
Hello

AFAIK, it does not work in other countries besides the US, as a quirk of how our credit scoring system works.

In theory, it should work anywhere where adding someone as an authorized user immediately bumps their credit score by showing that line of credit (its age and limit) on their report. I have not heard of anyone doing it successfully anywhere else (and have had Canadians and Australians and a few other places look into it, IIRC).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

ZagNation

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4606 on: December 09, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »
I’ve only recently started selling trade lines, with the old company. I sold my first slot with Capital One a few weeks ago. I just got the following email from Cap1:

“We need to hear from you—because the Capital One® card we just sent couldn’t be delivered to the address we’ve got on file.

Your card’s been returned to us, so it’s in safe hands. But please, give us a call now at 1‑800‑955‑7070 so we can update your address and get your card back out to you ASAP.”

So apparently the card in the name of the AU was returned. What should I do?  Ignore this notice (my preference) or do I need to respond?

TIA

I received this email yesterday myself and decided to call in to speak with a representative. I informed her I received this notification and she wanted to confirm my existing address. She thought it was odd my two recent authorized user cards were returned but we both speculated it was carrier related as I have never had any issue receiving Cap One mail until very recently. I had to confirm which authorized users were recently added and she simply reissued the cards. Pretty benign conversation and nothing to be concerned about.

Potentially doing nothing and ignoring this notification might be more eyebrow raising in my humble opinion. I currently have 4 authorized users on my Cap One card and thus far have not been given any grief about my activities (Discover on the other hand seems to be cracking down indiscriminately across the board).

helloyou

• Bristles
« Reply #4607 on: December 09, 2020, 10:40:38 AM »
Hello

AFAIK, it does not work in other countries besides the US, as a quirk of how our credit scoring system works.

In theory, it should work anywhere where adding someone as an authorized user immediately bumps their credit score by showing that line of credit (its age and limit) on their report. I have not heard of anyone doing it successfully anywhere else (and have had Canadians and Australians and a few other places look into it, IIRC).

aww.. thanks anyway. Too bad... I'd like to make some sideline buck but not lucky today

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4608 on: December 09, 2020, 08:13:22 PM »
For the new Elan card this message board has a list to a bunch of the banks that have it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Elan-quot-Max-Cash-quot-vs-US-Bank-Cash/td-p/6198795

Some of them you might even stack a bank account opening bonus from looking on doctor of credit.

As for the JB+ annual fee if you value points around a penny that's about $1k value.  Once the card gets to two years old it turns into an ATM for tradelines (my older Barclays usually has 4 spots filled at any given time and as many of us know adding and removing is easy)  But you can also product change to the no fee JB card after a year as well.

Thanks, I found a local bank that I'll try to sign up with in a couple of days. I'm opening my first business credit card this week and don't want to have any recent inquiries until that's established.

Rhinodad

• Stubble
« Reply #4609 on: December 10, 2020, 07:04:26 AM »
For the new Elan card this message board has a list to a bunch of the banks that have it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Elan-quot-Max-Cash-quot-vs-US-Bank-Cash/td-p/6198795

Some of them you might even stack a bank account opening bonus from looking on doctor of credit.

As for the JB+ annual fee if you value points around a penny that's about $1k value.  Once the card gets to two years old it turns into an ATM for tradelines (my older Barclays usually has 4 spots filled at any given time and as many of us know adding and removing is easy)  But you can also product change to the no fee JB card after a year as well.

And if you are selling tradelines, you can deduct the annual fee as a business expense anyways.

JustCheap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4610 on: December 13, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »
My first trade lines sold the other day on 12/3. I figured that both orders would have to be on there for at least 60 days before removing so I set a reminder to check on everything and moved on. 12/11 I get an email suggesting to remove the AUs from the Capital One card. So, I removed them. I really figured that they would have had to of been on there much longer than that. Is it normal to have an AU on for only a week's time? Something wrong with my card perhaps? It is not used often and is mainly held on to for its age, limit, and tradelines now. I've been on with the company since 2019 and these are my first orders so I'm just trying to get an idea of what's going on.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #4611 on: December 13, 2020, 09:24:20 AM »
My first trade lines sold the other day on 12/3. I figured that both orders would have to be on there for at least 60 days before removing so I set a reminder to check on everything and moved on. 12/11 I get an email suggesting to remove the AUs from the Capital One card. So, I removed them. I really figured that they would have had to of been on there much longer than that. Is it normal to have an AU on for only a week's time? Something wrong with my card perhaps? It is not used often and is mainly held on to for its age, limit, and tradelines now. I've been on with the company since 2019 and these are my first orders so I'm just trying to get an idea of what's going on.

Same thing happened to me with the New Company, got an add order on Tuesday and then was told to remove on Friday. Not sure if something is up with the customer or the New Company's system. I sent an email to my contact with New Company to confirm what was happening, but as it was near the end of the business day on Friday I haven't heard back from her yet. I haven't done the removal yet personally. The guy's card arrives Monday lol.

JustCheap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4612 on: December 13, 2020, 09:55:29 AM »
I'll be following closely chuckster. Thank you for your reply.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #4613 on: December 13, 2020, 12:34:53 PM »

This seems quite unusual to me.  The only time something similar happened to me was when I added an AU and their payment to the TL company bounced (!), so I removed them after one day at the TL company's request.

The rest of my AUs have all been on for a minimum of 56 days and sometimes as long as 120 to 150 days.  By far the most common is right around 60 days.

But all those data points are with Old Company.  So New Company has some issue going on, IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 12:36:26 PM by secondcor521 »

JustCheap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4614 on: December 13, 2020, 01:24:37 PM »
I will email my contact there and inform everyone of what is said when I get a reply.

JustCheap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4615 on: December 15, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
It was a glitch with their system that sent out removal notices. The best course of action would have been to leave the AU's attached to the card until some confirmation but I removed them. They did ask if I would add them back, but not something I feel like is worth taking the risk of having my card closed. I guess I'll wait on the next orders.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #4616 on: December 15, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »
Same, got the removal instruction on Friday but held off. It literally came like 2 minutes after another removal instruction for a guy that'd been on my card for 3-4 months. So I did that removal but held off on the other one until I could straighten it out with the contact. After i got the glitch email I confirmed with her that he was still on my card so avoided having to go re-add him again.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4617 on: December 16, 2020, 05:07:18 AM »

Not sure which company but Old Company is having some portal issues. I had 2 AUs for Cap One that were supposed to be on for 5 months, which ended up being a mistake. I removed them, as instructed, and sold 2 more spots. Those spots didn't show up as filled and got another order. I just emailed the company and they are trying to fix the errors. 

Rhinodad

• Stubble
« Reply #4618 on: December 16, 2020, 08:40:49 AM »

Not sure which company but Old Company is having some portal issues. I had 2 AUs for Cap One that were supposed to be on for 5 months, which ended up being a mistake. I removed them, as instructed, and sold 2 more spots. Those spots didn't show up as filled and got another order. I just emailed the company and they are trying to fix the errors.

Has some same issues with old company. Sold 2, show that I still had those lines to sell, and the removal date was 2/29/2020. Emailed them with screen shots and they are trying to fix the issues.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #4619 on: December 16, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »
Same here, in addition to the glitch with New Company, I've been "oversold" on the Old Company on a couple of cards... with 3 or 4 spots sold simultaneously when normally it's only supposed to be 2. The cards are burners for me anyway so I'm riding it out, but, would be good if they fixed the issue.

goodlivin23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4620 on: December 16, 2020, 10:57:52 PM »
Hi,

I want to get 1 (possibly 2) more Barclays cards. I have one, it is about 1 1/2 years old, and I've been using it regularly the last 4 months, paying it off twice a months. I applied for a CapOne card in early Sept (and received it, but a low limit). I have not tried to get anything else since. How long should I wait until I try to get the Barclays card?  In early Jan, it will have been 4 months since I tried to get a card. Does 4 months work or shall I wait longer?
Thank you!

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4621 on: December 17, 2020, 09:35:25 AM »
Does anyone know the new payment schedule for the old company?  I sold my first (after about a year) and got paid $50.  This was for a $25k limit card that was 4 years old.  I seem to remember a payment schedule that was quite a bit higher than $50.

Check out this post:
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/selling-tradelines-piggybacking-part-ii-$1000hr-20-40kyr-side-gig/msg2721828/#msg2721828

It should have definitely been more than that. Depending on the issuer (and thus how long you need to leave on the AU, and getting paid more to leave them longer) it should be $175-250.

Email them. Old company's customer support is pretty good. Please post back here results either way.

Thanks for the quick response!  Now I’m second guessing myself whether it is the old company or new company, is Erica at the old company?  The card is a Chase card.

That is new company. I'm not sure I have their latest payout schedule, but it should be in the same range, you should absolutely email. Response times can be less than ideal, however.

Took a couple weeks and a couple emails, but they deposited another $125 in my account today. 

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #4622 on: December 17, 2020, 11:55:51 AM »
paying it off twice a months.

I don't know the answer to your question, but this part jumped out at me. I suspect you are trying to keep your debt to income ration low as that helps your FICO score, but if you aren't about to apply for a loan, having a low balance on your statement works against you getting a CL increase (and maybe against getting another card with that issuer).

It would be better not to pay down any of it until a statement is generated. For example, if you charge $1000 in a month, but you pay off $500 mid-cycle, only $500 will show up as the balance on your statement. A lower balance helps your credit score, but works against your credit limit increases.

The credit card companies like you to spend a lot on your card, so they increase your credit limit more easily if it looks like you actually need an increase (i.e. would be likely to use more credit.  I've been turned down for credit limit increases with something like "We feel the current limit is satisfactory for your amount of usage" .

The credit card companies have different goals than the home mortgage or car loan businesses do.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4623 on: December 17, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
Hi,

I want to get 1 (possibly 2) more Barclays cards. I have one, it is about 1 1/2 years old, and I've been using it regularly the last 4 months, paying it off twice a months. I applied for a CapOne card in early Sept (and received it, but a low limit). I have not tried to get anything else since. How long should I wait until I try to get the Barclays card?  In early Jan, it will have been 4 months since I tried to get a card. Does 4 months work or shall I wait longer?
Thank you!

I have a great selling Barclays card that's over 5 years old.  You should be able to get another one now, though Barclays is inquiry sensitive so you may want to wait 6 months until trying for another.

Barclays likes to see you use the cards too.  And if you have more than 6 new cards in 24 months you're an auto decline.

If you're just looking to add cards you can sell tradelines on down the road TD and Elan could be worth considering as well for ease of adds.   If you're looking for signup bonuses Chase and Amex are pretty strong these days with their offers.

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4624 on: December 22, 2020, 05:20:04 PM »
What's the fastest way to get a charge onto a card? Yesterday I realized that I didn't have any charges on my card used for an AU so I made 2 small purchases (one was an Amazon gift card.) Both purchases are still pending and my statement closes tonight. Will it not post to the AU account with a 0 balance? I hate to think that I'm going to mess us someone's plan. All my other cards have a small recurring bill. I'll have to make an adjustment for this one.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4625 on: December 22, 2020, 05:28:54 PM »
What's the fastest way to get a charge onto a card? Yesterday I realized that I didn't have any charges on my card used for an AU so I made 2 small purchases (one was an Amazon gift card.) Both purchases are still pending and my statement closes tonight. Will it not post to the AU account with a 0 balance? I hate to think that I'm going to mess us someone's plan. All my other cards have a small recurring bill. I'll have to make an adjustment for this one.

Amazon gift cards post as fast as anything AFAIK.

It may or may not post to the AU's credit report with a $0 balance.  No way to tell until it either happens or not.

What I do to ensure that there is a charge is to make an Amazon gift purchase as part of the ''adding the AU" process, and I have a checkbox for that in my spreadsheet so I know that I've done it.  Since the AUs almost always are sent to me a few days before closing, this generally works.

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4626 on: December 23, 2020, 12:12:52 PM »
Thank you. I went on a spending spree at various types of stores (little $) last night hoping that something would post quickly. As of 10:30p, everything including Amazon from the day before was showing Pending. This morning, it showed Amazon charge on the statement. Whew! That was wayyy too close for comfort. I like your idea of making the small GC purchase at the time of the add. I'll incorporate an immediate charge if I can't find something to add to the card on a regular basis. Thanks for the response and the tip.

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #4627 on: December 23, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »
Hey Shelly, you can set up an automatic monthly charge to your Amazon gift card balance.  I do this for $5 on one of my cards so it will have an automatic monthly charge.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4628 on: December 23, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »
Hey Shelly, you can set up an automatic monthly charge to your Amazon gift card balance.  I do this for $5 on one of my cards so it will have an automatic monthly charge.

Yes, agreed.  works very well!

Does anyone know if you can do this automatically on more than 1 card?  I am using the amazon reload gift card option.  When I setup a new card (thinking I was adding an additional reload), it removed the previous one.  Thanks for any info!

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4629 on: December 25, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »
Ok, this is new.

I have a USBank Harley Davidson visa.  Maybe 6 months ago, they split the card from the USBank site.  Ok, no big deal.  So I called to remove 2 AUs, for the first time with this card since the separation.  They tell me they're sending me a post paid envelop to send back the AUs cards.  Uh....what?  I have been saving cards lately because some haven't been posting but only have one of the 2 they're going to want back.  I plan to send the one I have, wait it out for a month before sending and hope they're ok with it.  Perhaps they'll issue a new number?  If they kill it, fine.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4630 on: December 25, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »
Ok, this is new.

I have a USBank Harley Davidson visa.  Maybe 6 months ago, they split the card from the USBank site.  Ok, no big deal.  So I called to remove 2 AUs, for the first time with this card since the separation.  They tell me they're sending me a post paid envelop to send back the AUs cards.  Uh....what?  I have been saving cards lately because some haven't been posting but only have one of the 2 they're going to want back.  I plan to send the one I have, wait it out for a month before sending and hope they're ok with it.  Perhaps they'll issue a new number?  If they kill it, fine.

That's nonstandard, even for USBank (if it's still USBank as the issuer - hard to tell).

Every time I've ever removed AU's, the issuer's standard language is retrieve and destroy the card, and tell the AU to change any recurring charges (of which there are none in a piggybacking case).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4631 on: December 25, 2020, 06:35:13 PM »
I would personally just tell them it was already destroyed for security purposes.

Nutty

• Stubble
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
« Reply #4632 on: December 25, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »
Forgive me for asking.  I've read a bunch but have not found the answers.
It can take 6 months for the Old Company to add you, true?
Where is the sweet spot for income and to be a desirable candidate?  Older cards?  5 years or more?  Higher balance cards?  $5K or more?

I have 2 cards at $5k.  One at 30 years and the second at 6 years.  Sounds like the best strategy is to sell tradelines with a small reoccurring charge and initiate a new cards for personal use.  Please confirm.  I'm off to find a new CC and trying to determine what limit I should seek.

Just starting and appreciate all the help and knowledge here.  Whole new world, isn't it?!?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4633 on: December 25, 2020, 07:33:42 PM »
Nutty,

It really comes down to what orders match up with what cards.  I've got a $25k Barclays card that hasn't had an AU since August.  6 other cards from $15k to $20k that get 2 AUs every cycle. 

I did note that the AUs sort of built up over time.  I have no idea why.  Sort of luck of the draw, I think.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4634 on: December 25, 2020, 09:12:18 PM »
Where is the sweet spot for income and to be a desirable candidate?  Older cards?  5 years or more?  Higher balance cards?  $5K or more?

I have 2 cards at $5k.  One at 30 years and the second at 6 years.  Sounds like the best strategy is to sell tradelines with a small reoccurring charge and initiate a new cards for personal use.  Please confirm.  I'm off to find a new CC and trying to determine what limit I should seek.

Just starting and appreciate all the help and knowledge here.  Whole new world, isn't it?!?

When I enrolled cards with the old company that were less than 2 years old they were a bit slow at first, but after the first sale both filled up both slots every month. Credit limits were in the $15-25k range.

Barclays cards are extremely easy to add and remove AUs online and it seems like they don't every shut down cards until you hit their internal lifetime limit on AUs - I think it's around 35. My one Barclays card is coming up on the two year mark and I stopped selling slots until it gets there. No reason to get $50 a piece when I can get $175.

falsekrakk808

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4635 on: December 27, 2020, 03:58:52 PM »

When I enrolled cards with the old company that were less than 2 years old they were a bit slow at first, but after the first sale both filled up both slots every month. Credit limits were in the $15-25k range.

Barclays cards are extremely easy to add and remove AUs online and it seems like they don't every shut down cards until you hit their internal lifetime limit on AUs - I think it's around 35. My one Barclays card is coming up on the two year mark and I stopped selling slots until it gets there. No reason to get $50 a piece when I can get $175.
Michael in ABQ, do you know if the internal limit for Barclays ever resets after a certain period of time? I'm pretty sure that I'm approaching the 35 limit soon. Barclays has worked really well for me these past several months and I'd hate to lose that asset.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #4636 on: December 27, 2020, 05:59:53 PM »
Ok, this is new.

Was this a metal credit card? Those can't be destroyed at home with scissors or running through a shredder, they send you return envelopes to get rid of them. Maybe this is just a courtesy if that is the case

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4637 on: December 28, 2020, 08:30:25 AM »
Ok, this is new.

Was this a metal credit card? Those can't be destroyed at home with scissors or running through a shredder, they send you return envelopes to get rid of them. Maybe this is just a courtesy if that is the case

Nope.  Normal plastic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:08:16 PM by Car Jack »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4638 on: December 28, 2020, 08:53:44 AM »

Michael in ABQ, do you know if the internal limit for Barclays ever resets after a certain period of time? I'm pretty sure that I'm approaching the 35 limit soon. Barclays has worked really well for me these past several months and I'd hate to lose that asset.

I've been reading this thread for a while and I don't think I've seen anyone ever successfully reset that limit. I've seen people mention getting issued a new card and number, for example because the card was reported lost or stolen. Or trying to downgrade it to a different type of card. I think Barclays just hardwires that limit on each account. I don't know that it's 35, but I recall it's something close to that - maybe 36, maybe 40.

That's why I stopped selling $50 tradelines and I'm going to let it age until I can get $175. In fact, I've been meaning to sign up for another Barclays card and start seasoning it so two years from now it will pay off.

falsekrakk808

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4639 on: December 29, 2020, 04:34:33 PM »
Michael in ABQ, that's interesting to note on the internal trade limit. What's the plan after that limit is reached for said card? I'm wondering if there ever comes a time when you can begin using it for tradelines again. Barclay's has been really good for me in the tradeline space and I'd hope to keep it going. Perhaps I will open another card and let it season for 2 years to hit the bigger tradeoffs.

Are there any other internal AU limits for other cards? If so, how would we find out about them?

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4640 on: December 29, 2020, 05:25:52 PM »
Even after your Barclays is tapped out you can move credit line from that card to one you open and start seasoning now.

Barclays is stingier than some with additional cards, but if you have one getting another shouldn’t be too hard.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4641 on: December 29, 2020, 06:37:53 PM »
Even after your Barclays is tapped out you can move credit line from that card to one you open and start seasoning now.

Barclays is stingier than some with additional cards, but if you have one getting another shouldn’t be too hard.

+1 & agreement on all of that!

You usually have to call to move CL's around but it is pretty quick & painless.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4642 on: December 30, 2020, 11:18:47 AM »
Just tried to sign up for the Barclays uPromise card to start seasoning it. I got the "we're reviewing your application" message, aka denial. I've got an ~800 score, 100k income, and have only opened a few CC accounts in the last couple of years.

I'm thinking of trying a local bank for an Elan card but I'm wondering if their interface will be as easy as Capital One and Barclays to add/remove AUs. I don't want to be calling in every month to make changes.

I'm also considering this Chase Freedom Unlimited card with no annual fee
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-freedom-freedom-unlimited-200-bonus-5-back-on-groceries-up-to-12k-first-year/

Any other suggestions for new cards to season with the Old Company?

MoseyingAlong

• Bristles
« Reply #4643 on: December 30, 2020, 11:31:51 AM »
Just tried to sign up for the Barclays uPromise card to start seasoning it. I got the "we're reviewing your application" message, aka denial. I've got an ~800 score, 100k income, and have only opened a few CC accounts in the last couple of years.

I'm thinking of trying a local bank for an Elan card but I'm wondering if their interface will be as easy as Capital One and Barclays to add/remove AUs. I don't want to be calling in every month to make changes.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-freedom-freedom-unlimited-200-bonus-5-back-on-groceries-up-to-12k-first-year/

I've had success asking Barclays to move a couple thousand from my current high CL to a new card. I did it once to open a business card for a new account bonus and again to season a personal card.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4644 on: December 30, 2020, 12:49:42 PM »

Elan is easy.  A simple online form to add.  Message system to remove.  Just like Fidelity card if you have that one.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4645 on: December 30, 2020, 01:58:49 PM »

Another "reviewing application" for the Elan Max Cash Preferred but I was approved for an $18k limit for the Chase Freedom Unlimited. So in just two short years I can start making $200 per tradeline with that. In the meantime, no annual fee and $200 cash back. The 5% on groceries for the first year will be good too as our typical monthly grocery bill is over $1,000 (big family).

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #4646 on: December 30, 2020, 04:42:18 PM »

Be careful selling tradelines on Chase... if they shut the card down for excessive AUs, they will close ALL of your Chase accounts and ban you from opening a new one or doing business with them in the future.

Seriously consider the impact of getting banned from one of the two/three largest national banks.

And, sure, you might not have any Chase accounts now or expect any in the future, but... in 10/20/30 years from now, who knows what other banks they'll buy/merge with. You might be taking a big risk for a couple of $25 paydays.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4647 on: December 31, 2020, 06:09:17 AM »
Barclays reviews screen  is not necessarily a denial.  I got $25k CL on my second card with them after an easy phone call.  My wife’s first Barclays card was also not auto approved but got even more after a week.  Worth calling recon just to get it issued faster.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4648 on: December 31, 2020, 06:55:14 AM »

Be careful selling tradelines on Chase... if they shut the card down for excessive AUs, they will close ALL of your Chase accounts and ban you from opening a new one or doing business with them in the future.

Seriously consider the impact of getting banned from one of the two/three largest national banks.

And, sure, you might not have any Chase accounts now or expect any in the future, but... in 10/20/30 years from now, who knows what other banks they'll buy/merge with. You might be taking a big risk for a couple of $25 paydays.

I'm perfectly happy never doing business with any of the large banks. And at $200/each, even just selling a handful of tradelines would be well worth it.

Barclays reviews screen  is not necessarily a denial.  I got $25k CL on my second card with them after an easy phone call.  My wife’s first Barclays card was also not auto approved but got even more after a week.  Worth calling recon just to get it issued faster.

Good to know. I'll try calling on Monday.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4649 on: December 31, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
It's a good way to look at it.  If a bank were to pay you to never do business with them again how much would that need to be?  Since you're almost always going to sell double digit spots before a shutdown .  But I also have spend down my rewards balances at the card companies a lot (Ulitmate rewards, thank you points etc) as those can be lost in a shut down.   

But agree that probably means you need to get a card to a point where it's 2 years old to be worth it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!