Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906438 times)

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #4400 on: September 17, 2020, 01:31:50 AM »
I had a BoA account that was shut down due to tradelines earlier this year.  I don't have any accounts with any of the others I listed.  I was thinking of adding a second discover card since I now know I can have 2 account with them. 

I don't need pristine credit for anything in particular, but will it affect my tradeline sales?  I assume applying for 6 cards will be 6 hard inquiries, and each will lower my score 5-10 points, so potentially a 30-60 point drop bringing me to around 770-800.  Is my understanding of that correct? And does my credit score have an impact on raising the score of the AU, or does it strictly come from the perfect track record of the individual account?

I've done a minimum of 24 apps/CLI requests in the last 16 months and my credit score has only varied form about 800 to 819, currently at 815, barely touches it.  Exactly 50% success for both.  My success has dropped off lately, but I have done at least 9 in the last 2 months.  If rejected the most common reasons are too many recent applications or too many new CCs.  General credit pull back is probably affecting it also.  I have shifted to about 30/70 apps/CLI.  So with my recent lack of success is looks like my CLI are performing poorly, didn't expect that.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4401 on: September 17, 2020, 09:28:27 AM »
How do you add a name that has accented letters like á?  I got one final add today before I pulled my cards from new company and the name contains an á.   I tried entering it online (With the intention of calling in the SSN), but apparently I cannot type it into the field, and I also can't paste anything into the field, so I'm restricted to english letters. 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4402 on: September 17, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »
Answers about my BoA closure.

Just added the AUs.  2 cards.  Cards open around 5 years.  I do nothing with BoA other than cc's.  I typically only put enough dollars on them to report and only when there's an AU on it (what I do with all my cards).  I had zero rewards on them.  I believe they allow cashing in of any amount as I see I recently cashed in $1.17.  I do regularly cash rewards as soon as possible.

I'll re-iterate that I only use cards that can burn.  I've considered closing the BoA cards before learning about tradelines.  They don't give low balance forgiveness, so unlike Wells and Citi and Discover and USBank, they give me zilch without an Au. 

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #4403 on: September 17, 2020, 11:57:29 AM »

Just added the AUs.  2 cards.  Cards open around 5 years.  I do nothing with BoA other than cc's.  I typically only put enough dollars on them to report and only when there's an AU on it (what I do with all my cards).  I had zero rewards on them.  I believe they allow cashing in of any amount as I see I recently cashed in $1.17.  I do regularly cash rewards as soon as possible.

I'll re-iterate that I only use cards that can burn.  I've considered closing the BoA cards before learning about tradelines.  They don't give low balance forgiveness, so unlike Wells and Citi and Discover and USBank, they give me zilch without an Au.

@Car Jack, which TL company was this card with?  Old, New, or Other?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4404 on: September 17, 2020, 11:58:53 AM »
How do you add a name that has accented letters like á?  I got one final add today before I pulled my cards from new company and the name contains an á.   I tried entering it online (With the intention of calling in the SSN), but apparently I cannot type it into the field, and I also can't paste anything into the field, so I'm restricted to english letters.

Several ways to do this.  See https://appuals.com/how-to-type-characters-with-accents-on-windows/ assuming you're using a Windows machine.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4405 on: September 17, 2020, 12:44:43 PM »

Several ways to do this.  See https://appuals.com/how-to-type-characters-with-accents-on-windows/ assuming you're using a Windows machine.

I think the restriction is on citi's end.  I know how to type alternative characters and also use the copy/paste function, but citi's website doesn't allow any of that.  None of the commands to type it showed up in the field, and it seems like pasting into the fields was forbidden.  I just entered it without the accent, then called citi to add the SSN.  I have a hard time getting citi to type in plain english characters, or do anything, so I'm not sure they would have had the ability to type it exactly as I intended anyway.  Just adding the SSN took 4 explanations and 2 reps to accomplish. 

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4406 on: September 17, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »

I think the restriction is on citi's end.  I know how to type alternative characters and also use the copy/paste function, but citi's website doesn't allow any of that.  None of the commands to type it showed up in the field, and it seems like pasting into the fields was forbidden.  I just entered it without the accent, then called citi to add the SSN.  I have a hard time getting citi to type in plain english characters, or do anything, so I'm not sure they would have had the ability to type it exactly as I intended anyway.  Just adding the SSN took 4 explanations and 2 reps to accomplish.

Well, not surprising (Citi).  If it helps, I did have an AU post a long time ago where the last name was off by one letter ("Romanov" vs "Romamov" or something like that), so I'd be optimistic that if the SSN and DOB or address match and the name is close, your AU will likely post fine.

ilsy

• Stubble
« Reply #4407 on: September 17, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »

Thanks, that helps. I think I might be fine.
I use my BoA cards heavily outside of TLs and even though it's ok if they close, they are one of the rare cards that can transfer large amounts of cash and very fast to my bank account. And I only have one AU that is going to be removed next week, so we'll see. 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4408 on: September 17, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »

@Car Jack, which TL company was this card with?  Old, New, or Other?

1 AU with the new company on one card.
2 AUs with the old company on the other card.

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4409 on: September 17, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »
I had a BoA account that was shut down due to tradelines earlier this year.  I don't have any accounts with any of the others I listed.  I was thinking of adding a second discover card since I now know I can have 2 account with them. 

I don't need pristine credit for anything in particular, but will it affect my tradeline sales?  I assume applying for 6 cards will be 6 hard inquiries, and each will lower my score 5-10 points, so potentially a 30-60 point drop bringing me to around 770-800.  Is my understanding of that correct? And does my credit score have an impact on raising the score of the AU, or does it strictly come from the perfect track record of the individual account?

I've done a minimum of 24 apps/CLI requests in the last 16 months and my credit score has only varied form about 800 to 819, currently at 815, barely touches it.  Exactly 50% success for both.  My success has dropped off lately, but I have done at least 9 in the last 2 months.  If rejected the most common reasons are too many recent applications or too many new CCs.  General credit pull back is probably affecting it also.  I have shifted to about 30/70 apps/CLI.  So with my recent lack of success is looks like my CLI are performing poorly, didn't expect that.

Minor note: Just did a reconsideration for a rejected Chase CLI, called twice.  Chase has a hard line 'no' policy for too many cards opened in the past 2 years.  This includes CLI, which I found odd.  So if Chase is in your plans, do them first.

But this may be almost common knowledge for this thread.

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4410 on: September 18, 2020, 02:16:33 AM »
Silly question:

Just added 2 AUs to my Chase card online.  Didn't get a confirmation email and can't figure out how to confirm the AUs got processed.  Would also use that link to remove the AUs later.

How do I confirm online the AUs are on my Chase card?

Thanks in advance

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4411 on: September 18, 2020, 03:12:30 AM »
I have found chase rather difficult when dealing with adding AU, not as simple as other banks, like Barclays  or discover, where you can see the users name and date added. You could call them and ask. I find that chase also will not take the social either. Of course you can also wait for the card.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4412 on: September 18, 2020, 05:06:22 AM »
I'm having a hell of a time with payments for the new company. They finally sent another payment. I keep diligent records and the payment amount didn't add up. I sent an email asking for some details and finally got a rather short one sentence answer about getting payment for 2 adds. I supposedly got paid for an add in a month that never occurred and payment for an add literally 2 months ago that doesn't appear to have even posted yet. I had an add before that post but apparently still haven't been paid for that one yet. I mean I appreciate the business and all, I just don't get the half ass "payment system" that got going on. I've gotten several recent sales with them otherwise I would have high tailed it out of there like others.   

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4413 on: September 18, 2020, 11:00:10 AM »
I just signed on with the Old company and received an AU. Yea! Citicard was not listed on the summary of the number of cycles per card but I was told that it was for two months. However, my order indicates to remove the AU in three months. I asked for clarification and was told that they were having some glitches in the system and that it indeed was a two month cycle and should be removed in mid November. However, online it still indicates Dec which would be 3 months. Has anyone else faced this issue and removed the AU in the “appropriate cycle month” instead of what it indicates on the order and it was OK?

ilsy

• Stubble
« Reply #4414 on: September 18, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »
I just signed on with the Old company and received an AU. Yea! Citicard was not listed on the summary of the number of cycles per card but I was told that it was for two months. However, my order indicates to remove the AU in three months. I asked for clarification and was told that they were having some glitches in the system and that it indeed was a two month cycle and should be removed in mid November. However, online it still indicates Dec which would be 3 months. Has anyone else faced this issue and removed the AU in the “appropriate cycle month” instead of what it indicates on the order and it was OK?
Yes, just remove when they tell you it's ok to remove. They will not update the on line removal date.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4415 on: September 18, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »

I go by the date in the online portal as much as I can.  I don't care if some AU gets an "extra" month - it's no difference to me when I remove an AU because it's the same amount of work for me regardless of when it happens.

Occasionally, this will result in a situation where they've oversold my slots because they think I can remove one of the AUs before the date in the portal.  In this situation I explicitly email them and ask them what to do, and they usually tell me via return email that it's OK to remove one of the current AUs.  Then I follow their instructions.

It's always worked out just fine.

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4416 on: September 18, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »
@frugalnacho it’s my jnerstanding that one can get automatic $2k credit limits with Citicard every 6 months. I jut did it for the first time using the automated system. If you want more than that, you’ll need to speak with a representative and agree to a hard inquiry.

@ilsy and @secondcor521 thank you for your response.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4417 on: September 18, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »
Just submitted all my apps.  TD Bank is down for maintenance, I didn't know that when I began app-o-rama.

Capital One - Approved
Discover - Approved

US Bank - Under Review

TD Bank - Couldn't apply

PNC Bank - Denied
BoA - Denied

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4418 on: September 18, 2020, 09:45:44 PM »
Just submitted all my apps.  TD Bank is down for maintenance, I didn't know that when I began app-o-rama.

Capital One - Approved
Discover - Approved

US Bank - Under Review

TD Bank - Couldn't apply

PNC Bank - Denied
BoA - Denied

Did you submit all of them in one day? Any particular reason you applied for so many cards at the same time instead of applying one by one over time?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4419 on: September 18, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
I submitted them all within a few minutes of each other.  I applied for them all simultaneously in an attempt to sneak them all in and bamboozle them into approving me.  If I applied for them over time I'm afraid they pull my credit and see I've been applying for a new credit card every month and deny me.  I'm not sure how well it worked though.  I guess I will reapply for some of them later.

Just did app-o-rama for the wife:

BoA - Approved
Discover - Approved

Capital One - Requesting additional information regarding income
US Bank - Under Review

TD Bank - Couldn't apply

PNC Bank - Denied
Citi - Denied

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4420 on: September 18, 2020, 10:23:54 PM »
And Citi denied me a credit increase.  I guess I'm forever stuck at $9,500 limit with citi.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4421 on: September 19, 2020, 06:43:37 AM »
Man I am having a heck of a time getting approved for Cap One. My spouse has 2 cards with them. One is over a decade old and the AU spots fill up frequently. I think they don't like a lot of recent inquiries. And by a lot I mean really only a couple. She was also still under 5/24 and was approved for the new Chase Freedom Flex card. Not for tradelines but will help add to our stash of over 500K UR points. Went ahead and applied for another Barclaycard card as well and was approved. That will be for future tradelines. I wish Barclaycard had better sign up bonuses on their CCs. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 06:52:29 AM by MasterStache »

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4422 on: September 19, 2020, 07:12:28 AM »
Which barclaycard?  How many cards do they let you have at a time?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4423 on: September 21, 2020, 09:13:19 AM »
I submitted them all within a few minutes of each other.  I applied for them all simultaneously in an attempt to sneak them all in and bamboozle them into approving me.  If I applied for them over time I'm afraid they pull my credit and see I've been applying for a new credit card every month and deny me.  I'm not sure how well it worked though.  I guess I will reapply for some of them later.

Just did app-o-rama for the wife:

BoA - Approved
Discover - Approved

Capital One - Requesting additional information regarding income
US Bank - Under Review

TD Bank - Couldn't apply

PNC Bank - Denied
Citi - Denied

Just got the letter from citi and they cited "too many recent inquiries are reported on your credit bureau report" as the reason.   Apparently app-o-rama doesn't work and they report/check those in real time.  The citi card was applied to within a few minutes of all other apps, and there have been no other requests for credit in close to 2 years.   

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4424 on: September 21, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
Applied for a Barclaycard and got auto declined. Haven't applied for any cards since end of February, waited and hoped that I would qualify for a Barclaycard. I already have four cards with Barclays so maybe that's the reason. I couldn't even reach a person over the phone and ask why my application was declined. Will have to wait for the decline letter.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4425 on: September 21, 2020, 04:10:08 PM »
Applied for a Barclaycard and got auto declined. Haven't applied for any cards since end of February, waited and hoped that I would qualify for a Barclaycard. I already have four cards with Barclays so maybe that's the reason. I couldn't even reach a person over the phone and ask why my application was declined. Will have to wait for the decline letter.

I cannot confirm personally but I believe someone in this thread recently indicated 4 max at one time.  I think they said you could close 1 and open a 5th (4 at one time).  Hopefully, the poster will confirm these details for all of us.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4426 on: September 22, 2020, 08:15:11 PM »
Did they pull your credit score? Also did you have high utilization on these cards?

From Credit Karma, it looks like they did a soft pull.  (I could be wrong but I think they used to do a hard pull).

Very low utilization on both.  $0 on one and $50/monthly charge on the second.

I was mistaken about soft pull for credit limit increases for Barclays.  It was indeed a hard pull.

I went to do this again for my BC cards and noticed the verbiage on the page for CLI request.  In checking credit karma again for wife, I see it is a hard inquiry.  Not sure why I thought it was soft last month.  Any way, I didn't want to hose anyone up who is monitoring their inquiries closely.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #4427 on: September 22, 2020, 11:21:56 PM »
I've found this site very helpful when trying to remember things like how many cards you can have for each issure, hard pulls vs soft pulls, success rate in reallocating limits, etc.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-card-reference-pages/#Things_You_Should_Know_About_Each_Card_Issuer

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4428 on: September 23, 2020, 07:06:32 AM »
That is a very concise article on multiple banks that issue cards, thanks for that Money Tree

ShellyFlorida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4429 on: September 23, 2020, 07:36:06 AM »
@frugalnacho I saw that you wrote the following a few months ago.
"I'm pretty sure tangling up the AU with your credit report entangles them with your address as well.  I've also gotten stuff in the mail when I didn't use my own address, so now I simply use my own address for each one because it's easier."

Have you had any issues with using your own address? Which cards did you use it with? Both Chase and Discover specifically indicate to use the AU's address and not my own. Because Chase doesn't take the SSN, I was wondering if it would even work without their specific address. Just curious as much as anything. I don't have my Chase signed up with the Tradeline company but was going to add my own personal AU to it.

Any insight from others is appreciated.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4430 on: September 23, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
"I'm pretty sure tangling up the AU with your credit report entangles them with your address as well.  I've also gotten stuff in the mail when I didn't use my own address, so now I simply use my own address for each one because it's easier."

Have you had any issues with using your own address? Which cards did you use it with? Both Chase and Discover specifically indicate to use the AU's address and not my own. Because Chase doesn't take the SSN, I was wondering if it would even work without their specific address. Just curious as much as anything. I don't have my Chase signed up with the Tradeline company but was going to add my own personal AU to it.

I don't sell AU spots on chase cards.  All cards I sell/sold on take the SSN.  I've sold on BoA, citi, discover, barclays (haven't actually sold a spot on barclay yet).  Discover lets you add online so I use the AU address for that.  For citi and BoA I would just use my address.  I did previously follow the companies recommendation and put the AU address for citi and BoA, but I would still get spam offers addressed to the AU at my address, so now I simply say to use the same address since it seems so much easier.  The only thing I have had not post has been 2 out of 15 spots on my citi card, and I don't think it had anything to do with the address and everything to do with the new company giving me the adds extremely close to my closing date, and citi having technical issues getting the AU onto my account in a timely manner.  Always frustrating to see that a TL was purchased two weeks prior and the new company waited until 24 hours before my closing date to notify me to add the AU to my account.  I understand they have to complete background checks and such and the TL may not be immediately ready following the purchase, but based on the pattern is seems like they get the purchase and simply wait until just before my closing date to notify me to add for some reason, even when there seems to be no reason to wait. 

chicagomeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4431 on: September 23, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
Does anyone have issues with actually receiving the cards? My postal carrier is super fanatical about not delivering mail if their name isn't on the box. I see the mail in my USPS informed delivery but so far I'm 0/3 on receiving them. It makes me a little nervous to have them floating around in the universe, and I'm not sure if it will make me more likely to get shut down by the issuers if they get returned to sender.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #4432 on: September 23, 2020, 11:27:35 AM »

I now always use the AU address, because I always follow the TL company's recommendations as best I can.

In the past, I've sometimes used my address when I've been concerned about the CC getting sent to the AU, or when it seemed difficult to add the address (like with USAA over the phone, which took a long time to do).  I think I only used mine when the CC company also took the name, DOB, and SSN.

My personal theory, which matches the data I've seen but could still be wrong, is that it takes three pieces of data to match a CL to a person's credit report, and you're given four:  name, address, DOB, and SSN.  I also think that *if* a CL is matched to a person's credit report and a different address is supplied (such as yours), then that address will be added to the AU's credit report.  This in turn, makes it possible that you'll get mail addressed to your AUs.  I do get AU mail sometimes; I just chuck it in the trash.

Another thing that I've had happen once is that an AU of mine whom I had added with my address was watching their credit report like a hawk.  They saw the new address (mine) which wasn't theirs on their credit report, and they freaked out thinking it was identity theft.  They did some internet sleuthing and found my phone number associated with my address, and started text messaging me and asking me if I knew anything about the identity theft going on.  Since I am not supposed to contact AUs per the TL company's guidelines, I reached out to the TL company and they talked with the AU, and cleared it all up.  A minor hassle.

Does anyone have issues with actually receiving the cards? My postal carrier is super fanatical about not delivering mail if their name isn't on the box. I see the mail in my USPS informed delivery but so far I'm 0/3 on receiving them. It makes me a little nervous to have them floating around in the universe, and I'm not sure if it will make me more likely to get shut down by the issuers if they get returned to sender.

Not here, but it varies by mail carrier.  I *think* that the USPS is supposed to deliver all mail to an address regardless of the name (unless you tell them otherwise with a change of address form), but I'm not sure about that.  If you wanted to, you could talk to your local postmaster and ask them to make sure that you get all the mail addressed to your property.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4433 on: September 23, 2020, 01:00:39 PM »

I get cards all the time.  And collection agency letters.  And letters from creditors to tell the AU that the account is going to collections.  Always makes me wonder what these people are thinking.....pay money to become an AU to improve their score, then stop paying bills. 

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4434 on: September 23, 2020, 06:22:45 PM »
My mail carrier always delivers the cards, but I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm doing something shady. After the 30th or so envelope addressed to someone who doesn't live here arrived, he wrote a question mark on the outside of the envelope! lol, I just chuckled - I can only imagine what he thinks of me (not that I care).

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4435 on: September 24, 2020, 06:20:14 AM »

I get cards all the time.  And collection agency letters.  And letters from creditors to tell the AU that the account is going to collections.  Always makes me wonder what these people are thinking.....pay money to become an AU to improve their score, then stop paying bills.
Same here. I even get occasional phone calls for which I just tell them they have the wrong number and I never hear back from them. Our mail carrier delivers everything including sometimes the neighbors mail. I'm not even sure he looks at the names. Probably just glances at the address.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4436 on: September 24, 2020, 11:38:14 AM »

This has been reported by others in this thread (or the part I thread).  It does not happen to me but I use a PO BOX which can be a bit different on delivery.  I do not think this will affect your sales or create additional shutdown risk.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4437 on: September 24, 2020, 11:59:47 AM »
Clearly, someone is selling addresses.  Just received an offer from Progressive for insurance targeted at a long ago AU.  His name comes in various letters all the time.  Most are from collection agencies, but insurance companies seem to like sending letters as well, offering to write insurance.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4438 on: September 24, 2020, 06:32:56 PM »
Clearly, someone is selling addresses.  Just received an offer from Progressive for insurance targeted at a long ago AU.  His name comes in various letters all the time.  Most are from collection agencies, but insurance companies seem to like sending letters as well, offering to write insurance.

Don't want to get too off track but I think that is standard business nowadays.  Address gets on credit report.  Credit report data is sold to ad companies, etc.

goodlivin23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4439 on: September 26, 2020, 04:09:42 PM »
Hi all,
I'm trying to keep track of all the great info on this subject. I want to try to open up a new card (I have one of almost everyone listed on this chain). Which cards do NOT have a lifetime AU add? Also, which cards have you personally found to be the easiest for TLs? THANK YOU!

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4440 on: September 27, 2020, 04:04:04 PM »
Hi all,
I'm trying to keep track of all the great info on this subject. I want to try to open up a new card (I have one of almost everyone listed on this chain). Which cards do NOT have a lifetime AU add? Also, which cards have you personally found to be the easiest for TLs? THANK YOU!

Barclays is the easiest. It's all done online.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4441 on: September 27, 2020, 06:29:55 PM »
Hi all,

Agreed, but they do have an AU limit.  I hit it on one of mine.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #4442 on: September 28, 2020, 11:14:04 AM »
Barclays - hands down is the best, even with the AU limit.

Discover - is good too, but they have a limit of 2 cards per user and will periodically review their accounts for suspicious AU activity

Citi - is not that great, but better than nothing. Require a call in for the SSN and sometimes they will inexplicably not post anyways.

Capital One - works well, all online adds, but they seem to be quick to restrict your accounts, and they also have recently dropped a lot of user's credit limits, which can affect your payouts

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4443 on: September 28, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
Agree about Barclays, of course.

Elan is pretty good too.  All online.  Unknown if there are any AU limits or a limit to the # of cards.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4444 on: September 28, 2020, 03:00:18 PM »
What are some good Elan cards to apply for?

ilsy

• Stubble
« Reply #4445 on: October 02, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »
My Synch account got suddenly closed. I don't know how many AUs I had with them, but the card was less than 2 years,  (two years this month) with 20k CL. They were also very secretive about the closure, I learned from my other CCs and Credit monitoring apps that they closed the account. Called them and they were unable to provide any info, and said I can apply for another card with them, I applied immediately and got approved. A week after the closure received a letter from them telling I had too many AUs. 

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4446 on: October 02, 2020, 02:45:42 PM »
Hi all,

Hey Car Jack, what is the Barclaycard limit?
Once you hit it, do they close your card down?
And if so, were you able to open a new account shortly after?

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4447 on: October 03, 2020, 06:46:59 AM »
Hi all,

Hey Car Jack, what is the Barclaycard limit?
Once you hit it, do they close your card down?
And if so, were you able to open a new account shortly after?
Not sure the limit (It's on one of these pages), but they won't close your card down.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4448 on: October 03, 2020, 08:01:14 AM »
I did not count, but I have heard Barclays limits AU to 30 to 35. I hit my limit of users and did not get shut down but could not add anymore. Also TD has a limit I hit it, and I would guess 25 users, that is what they told me over the phone, But I feel I added a few more that’s that with TD. They were also very generous with the amount of users at a time, once I had 8 on there. With Barclays I maxed at five users at a time and did not run into any issues until I hit the limit.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:02:53 AM by BikeFanatic »

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #4449 on: October 03, 2020, 08:59:52 AM »
The rep at the New Company told me Barclay's has a lifetime limit of 25-35, but I've seen comments on this thread of people who have gone over 35 before being capped . One thought he'd had 40-50.