Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906467 times)

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #4200 on: August 05, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »
Just got my Discover login locked and they are requiring a 4506T verification.  Normally this is used for income verification purposes, but it's weird this is happening out of the blue so I'm pretty sure it's tied to authorized user additions.  Has anyone had this?  My limit on this card is around 35 K, so it's possible with the current economic conditions they are verifying income on higher limits.

This just happened to me too. The person I spoke with said "it's nothing you did; all accounts are subject to security review"... So I signed the form and put my card on hold with Old Company and am waiting to see what happens. My limit on that card is $14k for what it's worth.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4201 on: August 05, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
On Aug 15, once again Old Company is opening enrollment for cards that are 6 months - 2 years in age with the following payouts:

Spoiler: show
Limit $1,000 - $20,000 and 6 months - 2 years old - $25 per spot
Limit $20,001 - $40,000 and 6 months - 2 years old - $50 per spot
Limit $40,001 -  or more 6+ months - $75 per spot

Email them then (or just do a scheduled email now so you don't forget) with your card issuer, limit, opening date, statement date. They requested no emails to enroll cards before the 15th.

They had enrollment open for shorter cards about a year and four months ago, and a number of people saw significant sales on those cards.

They also seem to be open for older cards too, correct?  Just want to be sure I am not mis-reading the email somehow.  Thanks!

Yes, good clarification; OldCompany is opening enrollment for all cards. They are just taking cards as young as six months old.

There are no restrictions on the age or limit as long as they are 6 months or older.

As has been documented in this thread, OldCompany seems to be the best Tradeline company in the business. NewCompany is good, but struggles with customer support and their payments take much longer to receive. Everything related to that with OldCompany is automated.

Personally, I'd be switching any cards you have for tradelining to OldCompany, if you aren't already there. IMO, anyone with cards for tradelining should be enrolled with them. And since they only open up signups for cardholders once a year or so, in the last few years, it's worth jumping on and getting your cards enrolled when they do.

Also, clarification: the owner told me you can email them now with your card issuer, limit, opening date, statement date. They will start enrolling the cards on the 15th.

Feel free to PM me if you need a referral. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4202 on: August 05, 2020, 07:51:38 PM »
On Aug 15, once again Old Company is opening enrollment for cards that are 6 months - 2 years in age with the following payouts:

Limit $1,000 - $20,000 and 6 months - 2 years old - $25 per spot
Limit $20,001 - $40,000 and 6 months - 2 years old - $50 per spot
Limit $40,001 -  or more 6+ months - $75 per spot

Email them then (or just do a scheduled email now so you don't forget) with your card issuer, limit, opening date, statement date. They requested no emails to enroll cards before the 15th.

They had enrollment open for shorter cards about a year and four months ago, and a number of people saw significant sales on those cards.

They also seem to be open for older cards too, correct?  Just want to be sure I am not mis-reading the email somehow.  Thanks!

Yes, good clarification; OldCompany is opening enrollment for all cards. They are just taking cards as young as six months old.

There are no restrictions on the age or limit as long as they are 6 months or older.

As has been documented in this thread, OldCompany seems to be the best Tradeline company in the business. NewCompany is good, but struggles with customer support and their payments take much longer to receive. Everything related to that with OldCompany is automated.

Personally, I'd be switching any cards you have for tradelining to OldCompany, if you aren't already there. IMO, anyone with cards for tradelining should be enrolled with them. And since they only open up signups for cardholders once a year or so, in the last few years, it's worth jumping on and getting your cards enrolled when they do.

Also, clarification: the owner told me you can email them now with your card issuer, limit, opening date, statement date. They will start enrolling the cards on the 15th.

Feel free to PM me if you need a referral. :)
What do you mean by "they only open up sign ups for cardholders once a year or so"? I thought you could join any time as long as you have cards they accept.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4203 on: August 05, 2020, 08:28:25 PM »
Yes, that's true, you can join any time if you have cards they accept. However, they change the requirements of what they accept.

So you can join any time if you have very old/high limit cards. For a time they allowed enrollment only for cards of limit  20k+ and 10+ years in age (must meet both requirements). Then for like six months they weren't onboarding any cards, regardless of age/limit.

And then sometimes they open enrollment to everything, to restock their card inventory.

In 2019 the enrollment was open to all cards for about a month in March, and now it's open again here in Aug 2020. When they get enough cards, they shut down onboarding new ones for a long time, excepting if you have very high limit/very old ones.

Right now they're opening enrollment for all cards 6+ months old, with no limit. That's what I meant by they only open enrollment about once a year--completely open enrollment with broad eligibility.

Thus, if you aren't using them, it's a great time to switch all your cards to them. I imagine they'll shut down enrollment again after a few weeks, as they did last time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:30:25 PM by arebelspy »
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4204 on: August 06, 2020, 01:07:20 AM »
Yes, that's true, you can join any time if you have cards they accept. However, they change the requirements of what they accept.

So you can join any time if you have very old/high limit cards. For a time they allowed enrollment only for cards of limit  20k+ and 10+ years in age (must meet both requirements). Then for like six months they weren't onboarding any cards, regardless of age/limit.

And then sometimes they open enrollment to everything, to restock their card inventory.

In 2019 the enrollment was open to all cards for about a month in March, and now it's open again here in Aug 2020. When they get enough cards, they shut down onboarding new ones for a long time, excepting if you have very high limit/very old ones.

Right now they're opening enrollment for all cards 6+ months old, with no limit. That's what I meant by they only open enrollment about once a year--completely open enrollment with broad eligibility.

Thus, if you aren't using them, it's a great time to switch all your cards to them. I imagine they'll shut down enrollment again after a few weeks, as they did last time.
Thanks for the explanation. I signed up in November 2019 with cards <20K but about 8yrs old, that's why I though they were always open to older cards.

wudged

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4205 on: August 06, 2020, 05:11:24 AM »
Just got my Discover login locked and they are requiring a 4506T verification.  Normally this is used for income verification purposes, but it's weird this is happening out of the blue so I'm pretty sure it's tied to authorized user additions.  Has anyone had this?  My limit on this card is around 35 K, so it's possible with the current economic conditions they are verifying income on higher limits.

This just happened to me too. The person I spoke with said "it's nothing you did; all accounts are subject to security review"... So I signed the form and put my card on hold with Old Company and am waiting to see what happens. My limit on that card is $14k for what it's worth.

Happened to me also. I assumed they would see the self employment income and shut down my card but they lifted the restriction and my login works again. I put the card on hold for a bit anyway.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4206 on: August 06, 2020, 06:28:26 AM »
I have 6 Barclay and 2 Discover cards that are just over 6 months old. I'm deliberating whether it's worth using them for TL already or better wait until they age and can earn better commission? Barclay has lifetime AU and Discover might get shutdown before it makes any decent amount. What would you do?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4207 on: August 06, 2020, 07:57:42 AM »
I have 6 Barclay and 2 Discover cards that are just over 6 months old. I'm deliberating whether it's worth using them for TL already or better wait until they age and can earn better commission? Barclay has lifetime AU and Discover might get shutdown before it makes any decent amount. What would you do?

I would wait if I were you, especially on the Barclays cards.  6 BC cards - wow!  It would let them age and then they will start printing money for you.  Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4208 on: August 06, 2020, 09:20:20 AM »

I would wait if I were you, especially on the Barclays cards.  6 BC cards - wow!  It would let them age and then they will start printing money for you.  Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks. I think I'll wait.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #4209 on: August 06, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »

Yes, definitely wait on the Barclays cards. I'm curious though, how did you open so many Barclays cards in such a short period of time? Or maybe i misread your post. I thought you had to wait at least 6 months or so between Barclays cards openings, and even then, I'd imagine they wouldn't be so inclined to just continue opening cards for you unless you have good utilization on your existing cards.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4210 on: August 06, 2020, 10:30:57 AM »

Yes, definitely wait on the Barclays cards. I'm curious though, how did you open so many Barclays cards in such a short period of time? Or maybe i misread your post. I thought you had to wait at least 6 months or so between Barclays cards openings, and even then, I'd imagine they wouldn't be so inclined to just continue opening cards for you unless you have good utilization on your existing cards.
OK, so I totally lied after I double-checked. I have 5 cards, 2 under my name and 3 under my spouse.  My cards were opened in 12/19 and 05/20 and his 11/19, 05/20 and 06/20 (BTW, this one is weird because he got denied but then they send the card).  So I really only have 2 cards from Barclay ready for TL.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4211 on: August 06, 2020, 11:08:55 AM »

OK, so I totally lied after I double-checked. I have 5 cards, 2 under my name and 3 under my spouse.  My cards were opened in 12/19 and 05/20 and his 11/19, 05/20 and 06/20 (BTW, this one is weird because he got denied but then they send the card).  So I really only have 2 cards from Barclay ready for TL.

You might want to just enroll one card with the Old Company just to get your foot in the door. You can wait for the Barclays cards to hit 2 years at which point it goes from $25-50 to $150-175. Once you've got your first card enrolled its a simple matter to just email them the details of an additional card you want to add.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4212 on: August 06, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »
I am glad to hear the old company is taking new cards. I have a tradelines company that I have worked with for 3 years, pm me if you want more info he takes 2 year old cards or older. Likes high limits. Pays well and quickly. I probably should not post his email but it is [Mod Edit: Redacted]. I dont even want a referal fee, just to get forum members on board as i was given the same opportunity 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:35:17 AM by arebelspy »

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4213 on: August 06, 2020, 02:59:55 PM »
I am glad to hear the old company is taking new cards. I have a tradelines company that I have worked with for 3 years, pm me if you want more info he takes 2 year old cards or older. Likes high limits. Pays well and quickly. I probably should not post his email but it is [Mod Edit: Redacted]. I dont even want a referal fee, just to get forum members on board as i was given the same opportunity 3 years ago.
Ohh, I'm already with the old and new company, so I got my foot in the door :).  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:34:55 AM by arebelspy »

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4214 on: August 07, 2020, 05:40:57 AM »

Without an "ok" from Joe, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.  I put some cards with a company not approved by arebelspy maybe a year and a half ago.  One AU paid for the tradeline with a stolen credit card and of course I was paid nothing.  I pulled all cards from them.

Stick with approved companies if you don't want problems.  If you've been paying attention, other companies have shut down, put OUR card info out on the web or been served with fraud charges.  I don't need that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:35:05 AM by arebelspy »

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4215 on: August 07, 2020, 05:57:23 AM »
But as I stated I have been with this company for 3 years car jack. So none of those things you have mentioned has happened. Furthermore on my young cards or lower limit cards I get paid 75 to 150
Per AU. So the new company and the old company are not the only game in town FYI.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4216 on: August 07, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »
But as I stated I have been with this company for 3 years car jack. So none of those things you have mentioned has happened. Furthermore on my young cards or lower limit cards I get paid 75 to 150
Per AU. So the new company and the old company are not the only game in town FYI.

Can you provide any of the info Joe has about your company? Like how they verify identity and maintain data security?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4217 on: August 07, 2020, 08:25:12 AM »
I do not represent the company. If you have questions as to how the company operates, you can ask at the email I gave you. I know Joe vetted the companies that he recommended. I am recommending based on my 3 year experience.
I have not vetted anything.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4218 on: August 07, 2020, 09:31:54 AM »
1) Please don't spam. Removing links, feel free to PM poster if you want their recommendation.

2) I'm aware of the company, and would not use them.

3) They haven't existed for three years. I'm not sure why you're claiming they have, and that you've been with them that long.

4) They are known for spamming/shilling on these forums, including reaching out to people via random PM spam, and having third parties come shill for them. If you hadn't been around awhile, this would seem similar.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4219 on: August 07, 2020, 11:56:14 AM »
You are right I looked it up first time I was paid by them was 04.12.2018 so 2 years and 5 months .

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #4220 on: August 07, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »
Closure data point.

I had two USBank cards shut down.

The lines were approaching five years old.  The letter from USBank said "The pattern of adding and removing authorized users on your accounts poses a risk to the bank."  The letter and the closure were effective July 31.

They were with New Company from 1/2017 through 6/2019, then with Old Company from 7/2019 to now.  I had a total of 18 AUs with New Company and 27 AUs with Old Company across these two cards.  I never had more than three AUs on either card at any one time.

I followed all recommendations from both New Company and Old Company.  Although it is disappointing, it is not surprising and I certainly expected this to happen at some point.

I still have little to no need to use credit cards, and I still have twelve credit cards from nine other issuers, and I am comfortable with the ongoing risk.  So I plan to (a) continue selling on my other cards with Old Company, (b) age a couple of cards and enroll them when they get old enough, and (c) try to get more USBank credit cards for either SUBs or piggybacking at some point in the future.

Happy to give more details or answer questions although I may decline to answer some types of questions to maintain my privacy.

Barben

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4221 on: August 07, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
Hey, I haven't been around a ton lately, but I've been having serious payment problems with New Company and wanted to lurk to see if others were as well, just to see ARS's note about Old Company opening up on the 15th. 

I'd love to switch everything over there but I don't actually know who Old Company is.  If anyone could hit me up with the name via PM I'd be eternally grateful.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4222 on: August 07, 2020, 08:09:20 PM »
Hey, I haven't been around a ton lately, but I've been having serious payment problems with New Company and wanted to lurk to see if others were as well, just to see ARS's note about Old Company opening up on the 15th. 

I'd love to switch everything over there but I don't actually know who Old Company is.  If anyone could hit me up with the name via PM I'd be eternally grateful.
Yeah, that's the big drawback with new company. Payments take forever. To my knowledge, everyone has always been paid, but it's a pain.

Old company I've never heard of anyone having issues. Payments are all automated.

I'll PM you.

Anyone else needs the info, feel free to send me a PM. :)

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4223 on: August 11, 2020, 03:03:08 AM »
I know there is an extremely high risk of getting shut down by Chase but what if you only added one AU and then un-enrolled the card?  Would you risk it?

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4224 on: August 11, 2020, 06:05:48 AM »
I know there is an extremely high risk of getting shut down by Chase but what if you only added one AU and then un-enrolled the card?  Would you risk it?

For at most a couple hundred bucks? I mean, your odds of getting shut down for one AU are extremely small, but why risk it for such a small return? If you value your Chase cards, I wouldn't. I had 3 of mine enrolled and made $1375 on them before they shut me down. I personally didn't care about the cards I had, so it wasn't a big loss to me when they closed my accounts.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4225 on: August 11, 2020, 07:38:47 AM »

For at most a couple hundred bucks? I mean, your odds of getting shut down for one AU are extremely small, but why risk it for such a small return? If you value your Chase cards, I wouldn't. I had 3 of mine enrolled and made $1375 on them before they shut me down. I personally didn't care about the cards I had, so it wasn't a big loss to me when they closed my accounts.
Because if the risk is low I don't mind getting $250.  To me that's not a small amount.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4226 on: August 11, 2020, 09:07:33 AM »
When I first started selling tradelines in 2016 I sold a spot or two on my Chase cards, then decided it wasn't worth getting them all shut down, and stopped.

So yes, you can sell a few then stop, but there is always that risk. Chase seems to shut down very infrequently (I've heard more Capital One, Discover, B of A, etc.), but when they do, it's all of them.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4227 on: August 11, 2020, 09:12:04 AM »

Because if the risk is low I don't mind getting $250.  To me that's not a small amount.
I think that depends. We racked up roughly 500K UR points in the last 10 months, which is worth about $7500 in travel and/or cash back. Even selling a couple spots wasn't worth the risk for us.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4228 on: August 11, 2020, 10:13:57 AM »

I think that depends. We racked up roughly 500K UR points in the last 10 months, which is worth about $7500 in travel and/or cash back. Even selling a couple spots wasn't worth the risk for us.
I will never rack up that much.  I don't know how. Even when I got sign up bonus etc, the most I had was 160000 and I could only get one one ticket for that.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4229 on: August 11, 2020, 10:24:18 AM »

I will never rack up that much.  I don't know how. Even when I got sign up bonus etc, the most I had was 160000 and I could only get one one ticket for that.

If you have the CSR card those 160K points are still worth $2400 in travel/cash back. 

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4230 on: August 11, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »

If you have the CSR card those 160K points are still worth $2400 in travel/cash back. 
I have CSP and I already used up those points. So now it's not making me much.  There is no way I will rack up any significant amount of points any more. How do you get 500K points?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4231 on: August 11, 2020, 11:08:58 AM »
i have had good luck adding  chase  so far, knock wood. One or 2 users, never more .

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #4232 on: August 11, 2020, 12:18:22 PM »
any data points of getting various cards shutdown and whether the points/rewards were still redeemable afterwards and with which providers?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #4233 on: August 11, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »
any data points of getting various cards shutdown and whether the points/rewards were still redeemable afterwards and with which providers?

If the points/rewards program is an airline or hotel points type of thing like Delta Skymiles or Marriott Rewards, those are credited monthly to your rewards program with the airline or hotel and are safe because the are separate from the credit card account.

If the points/rewards program is associated with the card like Chase Ultimate Rewards or Citi Thank You Points *and* all of your cards with that issuer which are connected with the credit card reward program are closed, then they are probably lost.  You can try to call and appeal, but if you're doing anything (piggybacking or otherwise) they don't like and they shut down your card, I think it's going to be a fairly steep uphill battle.  I think I may have seen a data point here or there where someone was given a grace period to use them up, but don't quote me on that.

I think the standard recommendation is to not piggyback on cards that you would mind losing.  So if you would mind losing your points, don't piggyback that card, and possibly not cards with that issuer if the issuer is Chase.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4234 on: August 11, 2020, 04:53:38 PM »

I have CSP and I already used up those points. So now it's not making me much.  There is no way I will rack up any significant amount of points any more. How do you get 500K points?
2 player mode we both fell back below 5/24 earlier this year. Approved for a couple Chase Biz cards then a couple personal cards. I also have Chase Ink which gives me 5% cash back at office supple stores. I've hit up multiple Staples and OD/OM VGC deals over the past 10 months.   

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4235 on: August 11, 2020, 06:05:13 PM »

Discover mailed me a check a few months after they closed my card.  It was under a buck so I didn't care either way :)

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4236 on: August 11, 2020, 07:47:03 PM »

2 player mode we both fell back below 5/24 earlier this year. Approved for a couple Chase Biz cards then a couple personal cards. I also have Chase Ink which gives me 5% cash back at office supple stores. I've hit up multiple Staples and OD/OM VGC deals over the past 10 months.
What's OD/OM VGC deal?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4237 on: August 11, 2020, 08:08:52 PM »
What's OD/OM VGC deal?

Based on acronyms, Office Depot/Office Max Vanilla(and/or Visa) Gift Card. Probably can get more info googling or looking at reddit for current churning info.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4238 on: August 12, 2020, 03:24:20 AM »
What's OD/OM VGC deal?

Based on acronyms, Office Depot/Office Max Vanilla(and/or Visa) Gift Card. Probably can get more info googling or looking at reddit for current churning info.
Thanks.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4239 on: August 12, 2020, 07:01:33 AM »
What's OD/OM VGC deal?

Thanks.
What Arebelspy said. As to further not hijack this thread a good source is Doctor Of Credit.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4240 on: August 14, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »
PSA: Reminder gang to enroll your cards if you haven't yet!

I did a credit limit increase on 2 Barclays cards.  Both approved, very simple online request.  In the past, I remember BC being more stingy / strict.  Not sure if I got lucky or if they have become more lax.  If you are on the cusp of one of the brackets, you might want to do the same.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4241 on: August 14, 2020, 06:32:57 PM »
PSA: Reminder gang to enroll your cards if you haven't yet!

I did a credit limit increase on 2 Barclays cards.  Both approved, very simple online request.  In the past, I remember BC being more stingy / strict.  Not sure if I got lucky or if they have become more lax.  If you are on the cusp of one of the brackets, you might want to do the same.

Did they pull your credit score? Also did you have high utilization on these cards?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4242 on: August 14, 2020, 06:39:03 PM »
Did they pull your credit score? Also did you have high utilization on these cards?

From Credit Karma, it looks like they did a soft pull.  (I could be wrong but I think they used to do a hard pull).

Very low utilization on both.  $0 on one and $50/monthly charge on the second.

dantheman46

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4243 on: August 14, 2020, 07:08:45 PM »
Does the old company no longer accept USAA? I don't see it on the list for open enrollment.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4244 on: August 14, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
Does the old company no longer accept USAA? I don't see it on the list for open enrollment.

They do.

Cards they're taking:

Synch Bank
Usbank
Citibank
Discover
Fifth Third Bank
BBVA
USAA
Bank of America
Chase
Wells Fargo
NFCU
PNC
TD Bank
Fidelity
Citizen Bank
Capital One
Elan
Barclays

Also for other lenders i.e. local credit union or any other bank they will verify if they report authorized user data and if so, take them as well.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4245 on: August 14, 2020, 08:06:56 PM »
As I mentioned earlier this month, Old Company is opening enrollments tomorrow, the 15th.

I'd recommend contacting them ASAP, as enrollment might only be open a short time.

Last time it was fully opened was March 2019, and since then only very high limit/old cards were accepted (and sometimes not even then).

Right now there are no restrictions on the age or limit of cards as long as they are 6 months or older. See the previous post for what card issuers they take.

IMO, OldCompany is where everyone tradelining should have their cards. One of only 2 that I think puts in the right AU verification methods (time and money), and much better than the other option in terms of customer support and prompt payments (automated, so always on time). Their sales are very high as well, and trending up (due to a marketing company they hired to help find AUs), thus the request for more cards.

If you have cards enrolled elsewhere, or have been thinking about tradelineing, now is the time for sure. A lot of people PM me throughout the year and it sucks to be like "well, the good ones aren't enrolling, but you can roll the dice with some bad companies", so I'm excited they finally are able to enroll new cards again. :)

Feel free to PM me if you need a referral.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4246 on: August 15, 2020, 06:55:03 AM »
Does Discover have a lifetime AU max?  Does anyone know?

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #4247 on: August 15, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »
I just tried remove AU from my BOA card and the customer service agent said she couldn't remove it for some reason. She transferred me to the dispute dept. for some reason.  I hung up and will call another day again.  Should I be concerned or was she just incompetent?

nickelwise

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4248 on: August 15, 2020, 01:08:09 PM »

They do.

Cards they're taking:

Synch Bank
Usbank
Citibank
Discover
Fifth Third Bank
BBVA
USAA
Bank of America
Chase
Wells Fargo
NFCU
PNC
TD Bank
Fidelity
Citizen Bank
Capital One
Elan
Barclays

Also for other lenders i.e. local credit union or any other bank they will verify if they report authorized user data and if so, take them as well.

I just asked Old Company a couple weeks ago for an updated list of accepted issuers, and they gave me a much shorter one than this. They specifically stated that they are not accepting Wells Fargo at all. Where is this list from? Do I just have the wrong contact over there?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4249 on: August 15, 2020, 01:15:53 PM »
I just tried remove AU from my BOA card and the customer service agent said she couldn't remove it for some reason. She transferred me to the dispute dept. for some reason.  I hung up and will call another day again.  Should I be concerned or was she just incompetent?

That's weird. I'd just try again.

I just asked Old Company a couple weeks ago for an updated list of accepted issuers, and they gave me a much shorter one than this. They specifically stated that they are not accepting Wells Fargo at all. Where is this list from? Do I just have the wrong contact over there?

It does change all the time.

This is a list the owner gave me three days ago. But Wells Fargo was not in a newsletter email they sent yesterday. So it's possible he was copy/pasting off an old list?

Or it's possible they added it for this open enrollment (but were not taking it a few weeks ago). Bottom line, I'm not sure, but probably wouldn't hurt to check again. :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!