Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1906823 times)

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3900 on: March 28, 2020, 12:43:34 PM »
Is a charge of as small as $4.50 enough to have it still be reported to the credit agencies, like equifax, transunion, experian ?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3901 on: March 28, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
I have both my spouse and my cards combined with one company. I do remember last year when the trade line company pulled my credit karma report, some of my spouses cards showed up as mine .

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3902 on: March 28, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »
Is a charge of as small as $4.50 enough to have it still be reported to the credit agencies, like equifax, transunion, experian ?

Last time I did $2.50 per card to keep my cards active. If I remember correctly, the balances were reported. Not sure if they were reported to all the bureaus for all the cards.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3903 on: March 28, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
Discover will forgive small balances, like 2$ happened to me. Maybe 4$ is enough. I fill with amazon gift card if I am caught with a low balance I go in ten dollar increments.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3904 on: March 28, 2020, 01:01:18 PM »
If you enroll spouses card, is it necessary to tell the company that the card is in your spouses name?

I might set up a spouse as a separate client with a separate email and separate cards, for two reasons.  First, if we were also doing bank bonuses, it would be helpful to have two different paychecks from the company to more easily facilitate getting multiple bank bonuses at a time.  And second, just because I view it as cleaner somehow - it makes things line up with the tradeline company the way things actually are, and it doesn't misrepresent to the tradeline company whose card it actually is.

But as a practical matter, if you're sharing finances, I think it would work just fine.  I can't think of a reason it wouldn't.
 Actually, now that I think about it, there are a couple of minor practical snags to consider:

First, if you get the email to add an AU on your spouse's card and they have to call in to add the AU, then you'd have to coordinate that handoff with your spouse.  Sometimes their can be tight timeframes to add AUs, and if you're busy or don't share an email or aren't otherwise able to coordinate the handoff (and hand-back to mark the AU as added) then that could occasionally create minor issues and perhaps even a situation where you're not able to add the AU in time, which is generally not good for anyone.

Second, from a tax perspective, if you're using your piggybacking income to contribute to a retirement plan, then the income and the retirement plan both have to be in your name.  This could affect you in situations where you're claiming the retirement savings tax credit because there is a per-spouse limit and spouses' contributions are treated individually.  Or if you want to max everything out, then having that income in just your name could hamper that goal, but that is probably only in extreme scenarios.

HTH.
Thanks.  I'm only wondering whether I will get paid or not by the tradeline company if the name on the card is my husband's not mine and they don't know that.

Wouldn't someone purchasing that tradeline get associated with your husband's credit history instead of your credit history if the card is in your husband's name?  There may be a lot of shared accounts on your credit reports, but you will have separate and independent credit reports and I would think each tradeline account would be restricted to only listing cards under their own name. 

My wife isn't signed up, but I am assuming when we do sign her up she will need to provide her SSN, contact info, etc along with the cards, and set up her own account and the tradeline company would deal with her directly.
Yes, and that's fine.  I don't see it as a problem.  Is this a problem?  I just want to make sure I get paid by the tradeline company.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3905 on: March 28, 2020, 01:03:35 PM »
I have both my spouse and my cards combined with one company. I do remember last year when the trade line company pulled my credit karma report, some of my spouses cards showed up as mine .
But did you tell the company which cards are in your name and which ones are your spouse's name?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3906 on: March 28, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »
No , the company pulled my credit report and said I will take these six cards. Some were  my spouses. Then later I added more cards, they pulled both our credit karma reports, and took the other 2 cards. I do remember the new company did split it up some payment for DW others for me. My new company that I am with just pays me.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3907 on: March 28, 2020, 01:32:32 PM »
I don't think it will matter for sales purposes.

@secondcor521  raised some good points on tax impacts.

I can tell you that old company told me I could do it either way.  Since we are married, they did not carry which way we went.  Either option was acceptable to that company.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3908 on: March 30, 2020, 06:35:12 AM »
Some cards forgive low balances.  Discover and Wells forgive $2.  Most others that do forgive $1.  I make sure my tradeline cards have $2.01 into Amazon every month.  It helps to have a spread sheet to make sure your tradeline cards have something reported and so you get the forgiveness on the others.

jafr1284

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3909 on: March 31, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/192_3059_boost_my_score_complaint_filed_0.pdf
What do you all think of this lawsuit? Is this something  we need to worry about?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #3910 on: March 31, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/192_3059_boost_my_score_complaint_filed_0.pdf
What do you all think of this lawsuit? Is this something  we need to worry about?

Most of it relates to bad behavior by a TL company, who is the entity being sued by the FTC here.  I am not a TL company and don't work with this particular one, so I don't have a direct concern.

The only points that personally interest me in the slightest are numbers 26 and 67, which is where the FTC is basically saying that this TL company is behaving in a way that harms the general credit extension system.  I think this is a legitimate concern of the FTC.  I thought it was generally understood that piggybacking is exploiting loopholes, and that loopholes have a way of eventually getting closed.

My interest here is an indirect one.  I'd rather not see piggybacking become limited / restricted / shut down, and this TL company's bad behavior is probably accelerating that happening.  Oh well, not much I can do, and not much risk to me personally that I can see.  :shrug:

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3911 on: March 31, 2020, 05:01:39 PM »

I guess this explains why boostmyscore shut down.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3912 on: March 31, 2020, 05:43:09 PM »
Yeah, Lifehacker posted about it like 3 weeks ago:
https://twocents.lifehacker.com/dont-pay-for-credit-repair-piggyback-scams-1842243066

Same thing as the previous FTC judgement/settlement.

The key takeaways:
1) Don't promise things re: score bump.
2) Don't do credit repair and take payment up front.

Neither are allowed. Notice the FTC headline on the press release is that the company "deceived consumers" (item 1). And said they did item 2, which is illegal.

Tradelines itself is fine. Both companies that ran afoul of the FTC did both of those things not allowed. Neither TL company I use does (and I spoke with both owners at length after the previous FTC ruling, last Spring/early Summer IIRC).

It remains to be seen if the FTC will go after them, as they do somewhat seem to be targeting tradeline companies, but it would have to be on different issues than the previous two complaints.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

jafr1284

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3913 on: March 31, 2020, 06:17:49 PM »
Yeah, Lifehacker posted about it like 3 weeks ago:
https://twocents.lifehacker.com/dont-pay-for-credit-repair-piggyback-scams-1842243066

Same thing as the previous FTC judgement/settlement.

The key takeaways:
1) Don't promise things re: score bump.
2) Don't do credit repair and take payment up front.

Neither are allowed. Notice the FTC headline on the press release is that the company "deceived consumers" (item 1). And said they did item 2, which is illegal.

Tradelines itself is fine. Both companies that ran afoul of the FTC did both of those things not allowed. Neither TL company I use does (and I spoke with both owners at length after the previous FTC ruling, last Spring/early Summer IIRC).

It remains to be seen if the FTC will go after them, as they do somewhat seem to be targeting tradeline companies, but it would have to be on different issues than the previous two complaints.
Hey thanks! I should have searched first. Hopefully our little gig doesn't get shut down, but if it is predatory and not helping the customers than ethically I would have trouble continuing to supply the tradelines. I hope this works out ok, seems like they were just not doing this properly and got sued.

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3914 on: March 31, 2020, 09:17:55 PM »
Has anyone had any luck getting through to Citi lately?

I have an AU add that I need to request, but their phone lines are so busy that they don't even put you on hold. The automated system just tells you to try again later and hangs up on you (after wasting 5 minutes of your time going through the automated prompts, argh).

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3915 on: March 31, 2020, 09:48:58 PM »

I have an AU add that I need to request, but their phone lines are so busy that they don't even put you on hold. The automated system just tells you to try again later and hangs up on you (after wasting 5 minutes of your time going through the automated prompts, argh).
I have the same problem, been trying to remove one for over a week now.
Chat is unavailable as well

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3916 on: April 01, 2020, 10:18:31 AM »

I'm sitting on hold as we speak. There's no other way to add/remove, so we just have to wait, I guess.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3917 on: April 01, 2020, 08:42:35 PM »

I'm sitting on hold as we speak. There's no other way to add/remove, so we just have to wait, I guess.

I called three times today, waiting over an hour each time. Finally I gave up and added the AU online. The only problem with adding online is there is no place to enter a SSN. So I sent a secure message through the site asking them to add the SSN to the AU I just added. Hope it works!

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3918 on: April 03, 2020, 10:13:03 AM »
First time I tried I was disconnected due to high call volume. Tried again later that night and got through and was able to make the add.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3919 on: April 04, 2020, 08:09:13 AM »
I was able to get through to Citi, after spending an hour on hold, early on Saturday morning.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3920 on: April 08, 2020, 02:21:14 PM »
Is the new company still taking one-year old cards? I've got a Barclay's card with $15k limit that's about to hit the one-year mark.

MM_MG

• Stubble
« Reply #3921 on: April 09, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
The leads are weak.

This made me laugh.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3922 on: April 09, 2020, 11:10:59 AM »
Is the new company still taking one-year old cards? I've got a Barclay's card with $15k limit that's about to hit the one-year mark.

Nope.

You have to keep your ear to the ground (or just watch this thread).  They tend to open up for new/low limit cards now and then and close up accepting them fairly quickly.  I've got in twice.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3923 on: April 09, 2020, 11:24:34 AM »

Nope.

You have to keep your ear to the ground (or just watch this thread).  They tend to open up for new/low limit cards now and then and close up accepting them fairly quickly.  I've got in twice.

I got one new card in with the old company several months ago but nothing yet. I'd hoped to have one with each to double my chances.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3924 on: April 09, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

Nope.

I got one new card in with the old company several months ago but nothing yet. I'd hoped to have one with each to double my chances.

It *may* increase your chances but it won't likely double your chances.  I've got 7 cards with the old company and 4 with the new.  20 AU spots or so sold through the old company this year so far.  1 with the new company.

SilverAg47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3925 on: April 09, 2020, 02:12:30 PM »
I have 4 AU adds that just popped up today with the New Company.  It is the same two people, twice.  They both are to be added on a Barclay card and also on a Discover card.  Both people have an identical address, and when I google it, it is a UPS store.  Should I be concerned at all by doing these adds?

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3926 on: April 09, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
I have 4 AU adds that just popped up today with the New Company.  It is the same two people, twice.  They both are to be added on a Barclay card and also on a Discover card.  Both people have an identical address, and when I google it, it is a UPS store.  Should I be concerned at all by doing these adds?

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I'd contact New Company and tell them exactly what you just told us. See what they say.

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3927 on: April 09, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »

It wouldn't hurt to contact the TL company, but on the surface, this seems fairly reasonable.

If a customer wants a bigger boost to their credit score, then buying two slots is better than one, and I believe the TL company may intentionally give two slots from the same cardholder to reduce the chance that something goes wrong and only one of the two will post.

Plenty of people use mailboxes at UPS for businesses, or when they want better privacy, or if they are on the road/moving around frequently. These two people are likely partners (either in business or relationship) and are planning to jointly apply for a mortgage, business loan, etc, so they both wanted to boost their scores similarly.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3928 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
The new company told me that they sometimes bundle cards and sell the package.  They asked me to get the same closing date on my 4 cards, which I did.  I think I've had 1 AU from them since.  :unamused:

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3929 on: April 13, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »
My first guess would be that it is likely a couple (unmarried or married without name change) looking to improve credit scores for both of them in advance of a joint major purchase. If they are approaching the purchase with similar credit and need their combined income to qualify for the loan, it could make sense to purchase the same tradeline slots for both of them. No harm in asking the TL company to make sure it is OK though.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3930 on: April 15, 2020, 04:15:00 AM »
Is it normal to have the transaction in a pending state 2 weeks after adding AU with the new company?

PointsLawyer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3931 on: April 15, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
Unfortunately I gave up on this gig some time ago. Discover closed my account back in 2018 and they would never give me any information about exactly why, but AUs is the only thing I can fathom. I haven't had any luck with AUs on my Citi card. They never seem to report properly despite following the instructions to call in and add SSN and so on.

Has anyone had any luck opening a new Discover card after getting an account closed? I would like to get another one but not sure how long I should wait or if they will ever give me another one.

I think you can sue them for canceling without telling you.  You'll have to search this thread but I know some ppl got a cash settlement from discover for this very reason.  Somone on here is an attorney and handled it for them.

@PointsLawyer.

Thanks so much, everybody for keeping my name out there. I wish I could be more active here, but wife and I just had yet another baby (I know, very un-mustachian of me :) ).

I've wrapped up 95% of my Discover cases at this point. I was very pleased with the outcomes (I like to think the clients were too)!

We've adjusted the laser on USAA. I had three great rulings from the last month or so soundly defeating their defenses to closures. All that is to say, there's still lots of opportunities if you're closed by, not just USAA but, any of these banks (whether it's for piggybacking or playing the points/miles games).

If I can ever be of help, please let me know! You can always shoot me an email at Darr [at] Darr . Law

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3932 on: April 16, 2020, 10:54:57 AM »
Just had my bank of america account shut down for irregular AU activity.  My wife just got the letter at home and I'm at work, so I haven't read it yet.  Bummer, that was an old ass account with high limits.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3933 on: April 16, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »
Just had my bank of america account shut down for irregular AU activity.  My wife just got the letter at home and I'm at work, so I haven't read it yet.  Bummer, that was an old ass account with high limits.

See the post directly above yours. Contact that guy!

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3934 on: April 16, 2020, 11:23:18 AM »
How many AUs have you had on that card?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3935 on: April 16, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »

I thought that was only applicable when they blew you off and didn't give you a specific reason?  It sounds like they very clearly called me out on my AU usage as the reason to shut it down.  I'll have to read the letter when I get home.

I don't remember how many AU I've added.  I'd have to log in and check when I get home.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3936 on: April 16, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »

At least one of the companies does warn that BofA is more likely to shut down accounts.

I personally would be curious - if you're willing to share and have the data - if your AU activity ever exceeded the recommendations of the company you were using.  The company I use recommends a max of 2 AUs at a time and leaving AUs on for 4 months for BofA cards.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3937 on: April 16, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »

At least one of the companies does warn that BofA is more likely to shut down accounts.

I personally would be curious - if you're willing to share and have the data - if your AU activity ever exceeded the recommendations of the company you were using.  The company I use recommends a max of 2 AUs at a time and leaving AUs on for 4 months for BofA cards.

I added 6 AU total, never exceeded 2 simultaneously.

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3938 on: April 16, 2020, 04:49:29 PM »

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

Thanks for the data point.  Do you know if you left them on for 4 months each?

(I'm not trying to be critical.  I'm just trying to use others' experiences to assess whether my current MO is appropriate or too conservative or too risky.)

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3939 on: April 16, 2020, 04:52:27 PM »

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

(I'm not trying to be critical.  I'm just trying to use others' experiences to assess whether my current MO is appropriate or too conservative or too risky.)

I did whatever the TL company asked (I don't remember if it's the new or old company, it's the one with Cliff).  It looks like it was around 3 months for each add between add and remove date. 

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3940 on: April 16, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

I did whatever the TL company asked (I don't remember if it's the new or old company, it's the one with Cliff).  It looks like it was around 3 months for each add between add and remove date.

Thanks again for the information.

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3941 on: April 16, 2020, 07:17:13 PM »
The good thing about bofa shut down is that they don't black list you and you can reapply for new cards.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3942 on: April 17, 2020, 04:52:25 AM »

I thought that was only applicable when they blew you off and didn't give you a specific reason?  It sounds like they very clearly called me out on my AU usage as the reason to shut it down.  I'll have to read the letter when I get home.

I don't remember how many AU I've added.  I'd have to log in and check when I get home.
How do you check online your AUs?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3943 on: April 17, 2020, 05:47:11 AM »

I checked in the tradeline company's portal. 

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3944 on: April 17, 2020, 06:17:19 AM »

Ok, thanks

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3945 on: April 17, 2020, 06:31:38 AM »

SO what did the latter exactly say?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3946 on: April 17, 2020, 06:47:09 AM »

Quote from: BoA buttholes
Credit card ending in: XXXX

Frugalnacho:

Unfortunately, we've made the decision to close your credit card. Here's what you need to know.
We carefully reviewed your account history, credit report(s) provided by the credit reporting agency(ies) listed below and current economic and loss trends. We also considered your relationship with us and, unfortunately, we had to close your account because of the following reason(s):
Irregular authorized user activity on one or more of your accounts

You'll also find important information on Page 2 in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act Notice.
Things you need to do
Keep making your monthly payments. You'll continue to get a monthly statement until your account balance is paid in full. You can still use Mobile and Online Banking to see your account and make your payments.
Cancel any recurring payments. Contact any businesses that are billing your account to cancel the payments and make other payment arrangements. This will help you avoid fees or service interruptions.
Destroy any credit cards and cash advance checks associated with this account. We won't process any more transactions on this account.
Make other arrangements for overdraft protection. If your account is enrolled in overdraft protection, it can no longer be used to provide this service.

We're here to help
We want you to be financially successful. Learn more about understanding credit in the enclosed brochure and on our Better Money Habits website, which provides tools and information to help you manage your money. We hope you'll check it out at
bettermoneyhabits.com/healthycredit.
Let us know if you have any questions about this decision by writing to us at Bank of America, PO Box 982235, El Paso, TX 79998-2235.
Want to know more about your credit?
Since you have the right to a free copy of your credit report, we recommend you start there to get the best understanding.

Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone
number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions

The Fair Credit Reporting Act Notice on page 2 provides details about your right to know the information in your credit report.
Please see the important disclosures on the next page

FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT NOTICE
The credit reporting agency indicated in this letter did not make the decision to take adverse action and is unable to provide you with the specific reasons why this action was taken. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your consumer report by contacting the credit reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. You also have the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer report.
EQUAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITY ACT NOTICE
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning Bank of America, N.A., 100 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255, is the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, 1700 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.
CREDIT SCORE DISCLOSURE
Your credit score, a FICO score, used by us in taking the above action is 807, which was created on April 09, 2020 and provided by a credit reporting agency, Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions. The range of possible scores is 300 to 850. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.
The key factors that adversely affected your credit score are:
Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
Too many accounts with balances
Too many inquiries last 12 months
Length of time revolving accounts have been established
Please note that these factors relate only to your credit score. The reason(s) for our credit decision are given separately at the beginning of this letter. If you have questions regarding your credit score or the factors affecting the score, please contact Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is www.transunion.com/myoptions.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3947 on: April 17, 2020, 06:52:50 AM »

Quote from: BoA buttholes
Credit card ending in: XXXX

Frugalnacho:

Unfortunately, we've made the decision to close your credit card. Here's what you need to know.
We carefully reviewed your account history, credit report(s) provided by the credit reporting agency(ies) listed below and current economic and loss trends. We also considered your relationship with us and, unfortunately, we had to close your account because of the following reason(s):
Irregular authorized user activity on one or more of your accounts

You'll also find important information on Page 2 in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act Notice.
Things you need to do
Keep making your monthly payments. You'll continue to get a monthly statement until your account balance is paid in full. You can still use Mobile and Online Banking to see your account and make your payments.
Cancel any recurring payments. Contact any businesses that are billing your account to cancel the payments and make other payment arrangements. This will help you avoid fees or service interruptions.
Destroy any credit cards and cash advance checks associated with this account. We won't process any more transactions on this account.
Make other arrangements for overdraft protection. If your account is enrolled in overdraft protection, it can no longer be used to provide this service.

We're here to help
We want you to be financially successful. Learn more about understanding credit in the enclosed brochure and on our Better Money Habits website, which provides tools and information to help you manage your money. We hope you'll check it out at
bettermoneyhabits.com/healthycredit.
Let us know if you have any questions about this decision by writing to us at Bank of America, PO Box 982235, El Paso, TX 79998-2235.
Want to know more about your credit?
Since you have the right to a free copy of your credit report, we recommend you start there to get the best understanding.

Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone
number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions

The Fair Credit Reporting Act Notice on page 2 provides details about your right to know the information in your credit report.
Please see the important disclosures on the next page

FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT NOTICE
The credit reporting agency indicated in this letter did not make the decision to take adverse action and is unable to provide you with the specific reasons why this action was taken. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your consumer report by contacting the credit reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. You also have the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer report.
EQUAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITY ACT NOTICE
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning Bank of America, N.A., 100 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255, is the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, 1700 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.
CREDIT SCORE DISCLOSURE
Your credit score, a FICO score, used by us in taking the above action is 807, which was created on April 09, 2020 and provided by a credit reporting agency, Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions. The range of possible scores is 300 to 850. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.
The key factors that adversely affected your credit score are:
Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
Too many accounts with balances
Too many inquiries last 12 months
Length of time revolving accounts have been established
Please note that these factors relate only to your credit score. The reason(s) for our credit decision are given separately at the beginning of this letter. If you have questions regarding your credit score or the factors affecting the score, please contact Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is www.transunion.com/myoptions.
Thanks.  do you only have one CC with them?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3948 on: April 17, 2020, 07:15:43 AM »
Yes that was my only account with them.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3949 on: April 17, 2020, 07:33:34 AM »
Yes that was my only account with them.
I'm wondering if you have more than one CC if they close them all or just the one that had AUs

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!