Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901432 times)

solon

• Handlebar Stache
You have to read the blog a little bit to find out where MMM lives. Just start reading, you'll come to it before long.

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
you have never posted before, ie; he is not sure if you can be trusted or just spam or whatever.

ThatOtherGuy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
You have to read the blog a little bit to find out where MMM lives. Just start reading, you'll come to it before long.

Ok, so now that I know the answer..   I assume its frowned upon to post it anywhere, right??  that ruins the game.

Will I actually get a response from arebelspy?

humancog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Ok, so now that I know the answer..   I assume its frowned upon to post it anywhere, right??  that ruins the game.

You're looking at 17 pages of posts from people who have gotten responses :)

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
they basically were only using a small subset of cards... stopped adding the cards into their sales pipeline.

We (spouse and I) had already concluded that it was something like this, because not only did we not get any sales, we didn't get any further communications from them at all, after enrollment.  Just last week we finally contacted them again and had to request access to the online portal, because they hadn't even told us it was live.  I only knew about it from this thread. 

I could forgive a genuine misunderstanding, but they literally lied to us about our cards being added.  Outright lied.

I will attempt to forgive this supreme shittiness if things improve in the future, but my hopes are not terribly high.  This is no way to run a business.

I figured out they were not using my card recently, despite it being in the portal.  When I clicked on the card and the info shows, if you look down at the bottom of the card info there is a calendar showing when it's available or unavailable.  Mine was set to unavailable for the last three months (Jan, Feb, March), despite emails and phone conversations with the owner saying otherwise.  :(    April shows it as available, but obviously this company can't be trusted to be tell the truth, so who knows if that calendar even means anything. 

ThatOtherGuy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Yes, you're right.. 17 pages.  But, it says "If you want a referral to the tradeline company I recommend, Click Here To Send Me a PM."
..So, do I need to wait for a Direct PM from him before I'll be told what they name of this company is. Or, do I just continue to read.
(its not that I don't like to read, its that at work, its problematic..)

PJ

• Handlebar Stache

Yes, you're right.. 17 pages.  But, it says "If you want a referral to the tradeline company I recommend, Click Here To Send Me a PM."
..So, do I need to wait for a Direct PM from him before I'll be told what they name of this company is. Or, do I just continue to read.

arebelspy is retired early, and travelling the world with his family.  I think they were transitioning between Australia/New Zealand and heading to Japan this week.  You can be confident that he'll respond, but it may not be instantaneous (though he's definitely on the forums virtually every day!)  So relax, you can continue to read (or work while you're at work, read later when you're home) to find out more about the site, and about this opportunity, and when you hear back from him you can figure out if you're going to pursue it.  It's only been a couple hours since your first post.  There's no rush...

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
Just got an email from Capital One that my AU's card shipped out to me today.

To confirm - we do not need to activate AU cards correct?

Nope, feel free to shred them.

On my most recent add, the new company explicitly requested that I activate the card:  "Once it is received, activate it, and hold onto it until we tell you to destroy it."

Here's the owner's response on activating AU's cards -

"We recommend activating the cards and even making a small charge to about 1 in 5 cards (if possible but not crucial by any means) at a gas station or somewhere similar. The motive is to avoid a consistent pattern. If every card is never activated and never charged to, it makes it easier to spot. This is not mandatory but does give you a slightly better chance at avoiding closure."

So it seems like we should randomize... activate some, charge to some, don't activate some, etc

[Mod Edit: Company info redacted.]

edit: sorry about that mod
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:56:08 PM by cheapass »

tj

• Handlebar Stache

I think you are more likely to get a response if you make contributions to the forum. But who knows, the guy is a nomadic early retiree, i wouldn't expect an immediate response.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
they basically were only using a small subset of cards... stopped adding the cards into their sales pipeline.

We (spouse and I) had already concluded that it was something like this, because not only did we not get any sales, we didn't get any further communications from them at all, after enrollment.  Just last week we finally contacted them again and had to request access to the online portal, because they hadn't even told us it was live.  I only knew about it from this thread. 

I could forgive a genuine misunderstanding, but they literally lied to us about our cards being added.  Outright lied.

I will attempt to forgive this supreme shittiness if things improve in the future, but my hopes are not terribly high.  This is no way to run a business.

I figured out they were not using my card recently, despite it being in the portal.  When I clicked on the card and the info shows, if you look down at the bottom of the card info there is a calendar showing when it's available or unavailable.  Mine was set to unavailable for the last three months (Jan, Feb, March), despite emails and phone conversations with the owner saying otherwise.  :(    April shows it as available, but obviously this company can't be trusted to be tell the truth, so who knows if that calendar even means anything. 

My understanding of the calendar is that it simply shows weather the card is available for adds for that month. Mine showed available for March until the closing date and then went unavailable. It wouldn't make much sense to give you an add 3 weeks before closing date.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
yeah what beginner said.  you're mis interpretting the calendar. happy inaz

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
I was always confused when people said this. So we are supposed to close with an interest bearing balance??

you let it close with a balance, but pay it before the due date.  No interest charged.

This.

I have a feeling they are so ridiculously flooded with cards it would be surprising if you get any adds. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but since they weren't/aren't able to handle the flood of cards, I doubt they will handle a flood of business. I think I got while the gettin' was good. Now I am not expecting much if any going forward. Seems pointless to sign my SO up.

I'm not sure if this is game theory or what (less people signing up = better for you), but their ability to handle the new cards was more limited by enrolling them in their system than their ability to sell AUs.  Now that they have the portal, that isn't a bottleneck, and it'll go to how many can they sell.  We'll have to wait and see, but it'll be a lot more than what it has been.

To confirm - we do not need to activate AU cards correct?

I do not activate any AU cards, ever.

I've tried to message arebelspy for more info, but I can't seem to answer the questions right..

The Captcha and questions to sign up, and send a PM (until you hit...10 posts I think?) are to stop spam bots signing up a new account and then messaging spam to a bunch of people.

Yes.  Looks like you PM'd me at 1:17am (my time), I was asleep.  It's now 4:40am, and I'll process my inbox shortly.

My understanding of the calendar is that it simply shows weather the card is available for adds for that month. Mine showed available for March until the closing date and then went unavailable. It wouldn't make much sense to give you an add 3 weeks before closing date.

This is the case. Every card that is in the portal and showing as "active" is available for purchase by AUs.  Once the statement date passes for the month, it's not eligible to be purchased for that month (obviously--you can't go back in time and add the AUs before the close date if the close date is passed), but they can still purchase on that card today for the next closing date.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
yeah what beginner said.  you're mis interpretting the calendar. happy inaz

I thought you were using a different company? :D

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Disappointing news about the lack of adds, but damn, there's some serious entitlement going on in this thread. This is a niche industry, and as far as we know the tradeline company has a handful of employees at most: they're a small shop with underdeveloped processes handling a lot of business. This was an honest mistake and not some grand conspiracy to maliciously lie to their stakeholders, as some people in this thread have implied (or stated outright).

Seriously guys, this is just unbecoming. Let's act like adults, shall we?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:20:32 PM by dlawson »

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
"We recommend activating the cards and even making a small charge to about 1 in 5 cards (if possible but not crucial by any means) at a gas station or somewhere similar. The motive is to avoid a consistent pattern. If every card is never activated and never charged to, it makes it easier to spot. This is not mandatory but does give you a slightly better chance at avoiding closure."

This is an interesting recommendation—seems like activity on an AU card that can clearly be traced to a different state than the AU's address might raise some red flags. I get the idea here but I think I'd stick with online-only purchases if I were to activate an AU card.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
Disappointing news about the lack of adds, but damn, there's some serious entitlement going on in this thread. This is a niche industry, and as far as we know the tradeline company has a handful of employees at most: they're a small shop with underdeveloped processes handling a lot of business. This was an honest mistake and not some grand conspiracy to maliciously lie to their stakeholders, as some people in this thread have implied (or stated outright).

I think the "unbecoming and act like an adult" is on the other side.

I think that telling me that my cards were set up when they were decidedly not set up is worth complaining about. I don't like being misled (lied to if you want the harsher phrasing) and calling out someone's unprofessional behavior is warranted.

If they had told me "hey, we're overwhelmed, we can't add you until the new portal is up" I would have been a bit disappointed, but totally okay with it. Being straight with your business partners and clients even when you can't do what they want is part of being an adult and being professional.

Making excuses for someone's lies is unbecoming.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble

This is an interesting recommendation—seems like activity on an AU card that can clearly be traced to a different state than the AU's address might raise some red flags. I get the idea here but I think I'd stick with online-only purchases if I were to activate an AU card.

Also, if you made a charge to their card, wouldn't they (the AU) receive the bill in the mail??

ducky19

• Pencil Stache

I think you are more likely to get a response if you make contributions to the forum. But who knows, the guy is a nomadic early retiree, i wouldn't expect an immediate response.

Dude's a ghost... a phantom... who knows if he really even exists?

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles

Thanks for the info.  So then if the card has been available, it's a lack of demand causing lack of sales.  The owner had told me Barclay was a high demand card and so I thought my 3.5 year old card with $35,000 limit would have been attractive, but maybe it's too young? 

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
I have a 20+ year old Discover with zero sales.

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

I think the "unbecoming and act like an adult" is on the other side.

I think that telling me that my cards were set up when they were decidedly not set up is worth complaining about. I don't like being misled (lied to if you want the harsher phrasing) and calling out someone's unprofessional behavior is warranted.

If they had told me "hey, we're overwhelmed, we can't add you until the new portal is up" I would have been a bit disappointed, but totally okay with it. Being straight with your business partners and clients even when you can't do what they want is part of being an adult and being professional.

Making excuses for someone's lies is unbecoming.

Complain all you want—I won't hold it against you. Really. This is disappointing, as I said earlier. But let's not delude ourselves about what actually happened here. The tradeline company was overly optimistic about the rollout of their portal, and their communication around the delay and the issues that would cause for some stakeholders was quite poor. But "misled" and "lied to" imply intent, and that's clearly not the case here.

As for "being an adult and being professional", see ARS' email to the owner for a good example of a reasonable response to all this.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Gosh, I'm confused.

Received an e-mail 2 days ago from the New Company saying I have 2 folks to add to my Barclays.  Did so yesterday and today.  They show up on my Barclays account.  Went to the portal and there is no indication of any activity related to my Barclays.  Shouldn't I see the "Add completed" button that someone else mentioned?

However, it looks like there is an add for my Capital One card, even though I never received an e-mail about this add.  Aren't we supposed to receive e-mails about new adds?  What am I supposed to do?  I clicked on the button that said "Add User".  A pop-up appeared with the question "Proceed?".  I clicked "yes".  Does this mean that I should expect an e-mail from the company?

I went to Cap One and tried to make the add.  It asks for the AU's phone number.  Do I just enter my own?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

(I am confused, but I am happy to have the adds.)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Gosh, I'm confused.

Received an e-mail 2 days ago from the New Company saying I have 2 folks to add to my Barclays.  Did so yesterday and today.  They show up on my Barclays account.  Went to the portal and there is no indication of any activity related to my Barclays.  Shouldn't I see the "Add completed" button that someone else mentioned?

However, it looks like there is an add for my Capital One card, even though I never received an e-mail about this add.  Aren't we supposed to receive e-mails about new adds?  What am I supposed to do?  I clicked on the button that said "Add User".  A pop-up appeared with the question "Proceed?".  I clicked "yes".  Does this mean that I should expect an e-mail from the company?

I went to Cap One and tried to make the add.  It asks for the AU's phone number.  Do I just enter my own?

I believe the company is using both manual (i.e., email) and automated (i.e. portal) to process AUs.  The company will use one or the other but probably not both methods for any given sale.

It seems that your Barclays adds are using the manual email method.  If so, you should follow the instructions in the email, which probably says to do the add and then reply all to the email once you've done so.

For the Capital One add, it appears to be an automated portal add.  I've not yet had one of those, so I can't tell you for sure what to do.  If I were in your shoes, I'd probably wait a day or two, expecting to see an email from the company regarding this add and how to complete it.  I would try to use the AU's phone number if the company provides it; otherwise I'd use my own.

I would not have clicked the "Add user" button, because I would guess that is the button you press *after* you receive an email from the company and have added the user.  Since you have pressed it, the company may think you've added the AU already; which it sounds like you haven't.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Question for anyone who has had sales through the new portal...

I have a sale with an add date of 4/2017.  When should I actually add the AU?  April 1st?

Thanks for any insight.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Gosh, I'm confused.

I believe the company is using both manual (i.e., email) and automated (i.e. portal) to process AUs.  The company will use one or the other but probably not both methods for any given sale.

It seems that your Barclays adds are using the manual email method.  If so, you should follow the instructions in the email, which probably says to do the add and then reply all to the email once you've done so.

For the Capital One add, it appears to be an automated portal add.  I've not yet had one of those, so I can't tell you for sure what to do.  If I were in your shoes, I'd probably wait a day or two, expecting to see an email from the company regarding this add and how to complete it.  I would try to use the AU's phone number if the company provides it; otherwise I'd use my own.

I would not have clicked the "Add user" button, because I would guess that is the button you press *after* you receive an email from the company and have added the user.  Since you have pressed it, the company may think you've added the AU already; which it sounds like you haven't.

Thanks very much.  Your input was very helpful.

Went back to the portal and saw different info.  I hovered over the "i" button and found good info for how to add the Cap One AU.  I still see no indication on the portal that I added the Barclays folks, but maybe all that will be handled by e-mail, as you suggested.

Thanks again.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
Hm, does this mean the portal doesn't send out a notification email?

Ideally I would want to get a text...

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Gosh, I'm confused.

When I got a request for my first added AU for Capital One via email in January, I was given name, SS, DOB and address in the email.  I did not use the address because this was not a field requested by Capital One. The only thing that stymied me was a request for phone number, but I had contacted the company about this and they said to use my own phone number, which I did.

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I just logged onto the portal to check on my cards.  Under My Tasks, Need to Add User, it says "no card assignments."  When I look at Order History, and check for Month of March, it says "No records found."  Then I was looking at each card under the My Card tab, I click on the + sign for each card to expand the info.  For the Discover card, I found information on an AU to add for 4/17.  Did not receive any email.  So glad I check this forum everyday.  So am I supposed to have to search the portal everyday to see if I have an AU to add?  Would be nice to get some notification of adds or some direction on how this is supposed to work.  Anyone, I am going to peruse the thread to get the tips on adding an AU for Discover before I start to do it.  Glad to have my second added AU!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
I just chatted with the owner of the New Company.  He was concerned that I had not received an e-mail about my Cap One add.  He will work with his tech folks about this ASAP.  I would suggest that you log in to the portal every couple of days to see if you have any tasks.  Hopefully, the e-mail glitch will be sorted soon.

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I noticed under My Tasks, it says "DO NOT ADD A USER UNTIL THE RED "ADD ON" DATE.  The  use info under my DISCOVER card does not show a red Add ON date.  It only shows "put on" in white letters and underneath that is "4/17. "  Also it only show first name, last name, SSN and birthdate for the AU.  There is no address and I believe I need to have an address to add the AU.  I will contact the company about this before I do anything.

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I just had a prompt response from the company owner about my questions:

"The reason you see the add for your Discover is because someone purchased a spot on your card yesterday and we put the order in the system but we have not sent the notification to you yet because we were waiting for the clients payment to clear. I can see how that's a little confusing though. As for the 'Put On' date, that's referring to what month the add is for, like April vs May. Once we send you the add notification, it will then show under "My Tasks" and then it will also show you their address."

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian

Yep.  Just temporarily, though soon everything will be through the portal, likely within days.

You will see orders that have been placed, but are pending and should not be added yet under individual cards.  Don't add them until instructed to do so (in the activity tab), in case the order is cancelled, not paid for, etc.

You should get an email when it is time to add them (not when it's initially placed).  Thanks for looking into the email problem, NinetyFour.  Let us know if the owner gets back to you that it's fixed.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
Well shit, my capital one account is now restricted and they're asking that I call them. Added my first AU on Tuesday. Anyone else had a similar circumstance happen?

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Nope, but my fingers are crossed, as I just added an AU to my Cap One card yesterday.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Question for anyone who has had sales through the new portal...

I have a sale with an add date of 4/2017.  When should I actually add the AU?  April 1st?

Thanks for any insight.
Do not add that AU yet.  Every add has the month date - no idea why.  It's title on the portal is "Put On".
Every AU Add, on the portal, in 'My Tasks' says:  DO NOT ADD A USER UNTIL THE RED "ADD ON" DATE   This is a specific date, not just the month and year.
I don't know any reason why not to do an add sooner, but I'm not I'm not going to disregard their instruction.
Which brings up their instructions and communications... this is clearly their weak spot.  When I saw the "Add Competed" on the portal after my first add, I thought it/they were confirming my add had been done successfully.  It does not look like a button, so I had no clue that I am suppose to click it to tell them that I had done the add.  Even when I got an email from them saying my add wasn't done in time, they didn't say what I had to do to 'complete it'.  Even after a few Emails back and forth, they just said "click the button on the portal".  But did not say where or what 'the button' was!

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
On my most recent add, the new company explicitly requested that I activate the card:  "Once it is received, activate it, and hold onto it until we tell you to destroy it."

Here's the owner's response on activating AU's cards -

So it seems like we should randomize... activate some, charge to some, don't activate some, etc
Thanks for sharing this.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
The  "Add completed" button is under 'My Tasks'  - and it doesn't look like a button.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
When I got a request for my first added AU for Capital One ...
 a request for phone number, but I had contacted the company about this and they said to use my own phone number, which I did.
thanks for sharing this

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks HipGnosis!

Joel

• Pencil Stache
I just received my first sale today. Just in time as I sent the company an email saying I would be out of the country without internet access beginning tomorrow until 4/1. All three of my cards have closing dates around the 25th-27th.

I happened to see the sale on the My Cards page of their portal. I did not receive an email notification about it. That's why I emailed customer support and they told me to make the add today. They also put my cards down as "resting" for the next two weeks so that I won't have any sales that I cannot fulfill.

The sale was on a Capital One card with an $8k balance just under 7 years old. I wasn't expecting any sales on this card at all! In fact, I hadn't used the card in many years (which explains the relatively low credit limit). When I got interested in selling tradelines in December, that's when I got the card reissued to me and began making small purchases with it to get some recent activity and request a credit limit increase. I figured I wouldn't get any sales until the credit limit increase occurred. That's a nice surprise - even if it's only $75 (before taxes).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Well shit, my capital one account is now restricted and they're asking that I call them. Added my first AU on Tuesday. Anyone else had a similar circumstance happen?

No big deal; a lot of times the companies want you to verify it was actually you who added the AU.  You just call and answer some standard security questions.  Have the AU's name pulled up on your screen in case they ask.  Usually once you do it once, they don't have you do it again (though it will occasionally happen).

The sale was on a Capital One card with an $8k balance just under 7 years old. I wasn't expecting any sales on this card at all! ... I figured I wouldn't get any sales until the credit limit increase occurred. That's a nice surprise

Cool.

Weird about the emails not working, though at least they're aware of it.

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
No big deal; a lot of times the companies want you to verify it was actually you who added the AU.  You just call and answer some standard security questions.  Have the AU's name pulled up on your screen in case they ask.  Usually once you do it once, they don't have you do it again (though it will occasionally happen).

Just had the most bizarre 20 minute phone call with one of their fraud specialists. He put me on hold 4 or 5 times to check on different things, went over some of my most recent charges and asked me if I added an AU (he did not ask his name). Finally, he said to get my restriction lifted I have to send in copies of my DL, my SS card and a proof of residence. Apparently this is to demonstrate that I originally opened the account... uhh, it's 5 years old, yeah I opened the account... wtf?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian

That is... very strange.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
IMHO, sometimes CSRs aren't fully accurate in what they say when they are talking to someone where they think something weird is going on.  I know you know who you are and you opened the account and you're piggybacking as a side gig or whatever.  But from their point of view you *could be* a spy or a scammer or whatever, and since they're not sure, sometimes CSRs take it on themselves to tell you something that isn't accurate, probably in a misguided attempt to put you off your *potential* scam somehow.

I think a similar thing happened to me when I added three AUs on my USAA card in three separate phone calls in under 24 hours.  The CSR got suspicious and put me on hold for a while, then transferred me to a "specialist", who asked me some weird questions, and eventually relented and let me finish adding the AU.

In general I usually am honest and straightforward as much as I can be, and vague about the one thing I don't want them to know - that I'm getting paid to do this.  Remember, there is nothing illegal about this activity, and again IMHO nothing immoral about it.  It could be against their rules, and there is some risk there that has been discussed.  But for me, if I ever get a card shut down, I'll be a little disappointed but respectful to the CC company, grateful for the money that I had made so far, and then decide on my next best move going forward given the new landscape.

Shade00

• Stubble
I have not received an email from the company since adding my cards to the portal but I just logged in to check and saw that I had an AU listed on one of my Discover slots. I don't have anything listed in sales history or in tasks to complete, so I guess I'll just give it a few days and see if I hear anything from the company.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
I have not received an email from the company since adding my cards to the portal but I just logged in to check and saw that I had an AU listed on one of my Discover slots. I don't have anything listed in sales history or in tasks to complete, so I guess I'll just give it a few days and see if I hear anything from the company.

Again, just because a slot is sold, doesn't mean it's time to add the AU.

If the order is cancelled, you'd rather you didn't add that AU.

Wait until it's in tasks to complete.  You should receive an email at that point, though users have said there's a problem with it right now, and they're working on it.

But the sales listed under individual cards are fun to know what's coming up, but not relevant to any action you need to do now.  Under the old company, this would just show as one less slot available, but you still wouldn't get the info until it was time to add. Under new company's manual process, they may have sold the slot 3 weeks ago, but only email you a few days before, when it's time to add them, in case the order is cancelled, payment doesn't go through, or whatever.

No need to jump the gun because you see a sale for next month, or whatever, on one of your cards (speaking in general, not just to you, you did not you'd wait).

Joel

• Pencil Stache
I just received my first sale today. Just in time as I sent the company an email saying I would be out of the country without internet access beginning tomorrow until 4/1. All three of my cards have closing dates around the 25th-27th.

I happened to see the sale on the My Cards page of their portal. I did not receive an email notification about it. That's why I emailed customer support and they told me to make the add today. They also put my cards down as "resting" for the next two weeks so that I won't have any sales that I cannot fulfill.

I got the email today and completed the process in the portal. Sweet!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian

Ah, so it wasn't yet in the "My Tasks" tab yet, just "My Cards"?

They may need to remove that info, with so many people wanting to jump the gun or think they haven't gotten the email/been notified, when in reality it's just not time to add the AU yet.

It's all a learning process as we figure out the portal and they figure out the best way to communicate how it works.

Thanks for the update.  Congrats on the sale!  :)

Joel

• Pencil Stache

Ah, so it wasn't yet in the "My Tasks" tab yet, just "My Cards"?

They may need to remove that info, with so many people wanting to jump the gun or think they haven't gotten the email/been notified, when in reality it's just not time to add the AU yet.

It's all a learning process as we figure out the portal and they figure out the best way to communicate how it works.

Thanks for the update.  Congrats on the sale!  :)

Exactly. Although in my case, I had told them earlier in the week to not make any sales and this sale had already happened. LuckIly I checked the My Cards page before leaving for two weeks...

tj

• Handlebar Stache
Has anyone else noticed that sales of Barclaycard spots often don't post correctly?

How does one learn this? Do they tell you when it doesn't post correctly?

Still curious to know the answer to this.... I had an add the 4th week of Jan, 1st week of Feb and 4th week of Feb. I'm assuming they posted because I haven't heard from them indicating otherwise, yet other people have commented about cards not posting, so it's kind of confusing. I also haven't received any $$$ yet though.

Yes, you'll either get paid if it posted, or get a copy of the credit report showing it didn't post if it didn't.

Is there a timeline for receiving the copy of the credit report if it didn't post? Do they email you to tell you that a payment is coming, or does it just show up in your bank account?

The comparison between old and new company suggested we get paid in 4 weeks with the new company, but I'm getting close to 8 weeks and the status is still unknown to me.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!