Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901563 times)

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
My first add was a dud :( Citi could not verify the SSN for the AU and I had a lengthy phone call with their Fraud Department. Citi told me that they will sent me a form in the mail which I will have to complete and attach a copy of the SSN card of the AU and mail it back to them. But the AU was added to the card without the SSN. I relayed the information to the company and they told me to ignore the form and do nothing (leave the AU on the card).

This should not have happened since per the company they do a verification of the SSN of all their customers before sending them out for addition, huh!

Have since added 2 AUs to the same card without any problems. But now with the Citi Audit not sure when the card will be shut down.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »
My first add was a dud
Have since added 2 AUs to the same card without any problems.

Weird. The latter two tends to happen much more often. Adds that don't post happen, but infrequently (I'd guess maybe 1 in 20?).

But now with the Citi Audit not sure when the card will be shut down.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how the various companies play out (B of A, Citi, etc.).  Crossing my fingers!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
This should not have happened since per the company they do a verification of the SSN of all their customers before sending them out for addition, huh!

Weird. Easiest explanation is they don't verify the SSN in the IRS database, but maybe there's another possibility.

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »
It isn't clear from the email - do I need to create 2 different accounts for my cards and my wife's on the new portal? Maybe I missed a note about it. Thought I might get a quicker reply here.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #604 on: February 22, 2017, 08:29:28 PM »
It isn't clear from the email - do I need to create 2 different accounts for my cards and my wife's on the new portal? Maybe I missed a note about it. Thought I might get a quicker reply here.

Did you originally sign two agreements?

I did two different accounts for my wife and I, as we have different SSNs for payment (though I used the same email--just a different username, phone, and bank account for payment on both).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »
Holy cow you're fast ... yes, we did sign two agreements. I'll go ahead and set up a second account just for hers.
Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #606 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
Haha. As the large number under my username indicates, having something to do all day in FIRE isn't a problem for me. ;)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #607 on: February 22, 2017, 10:25:51 PM »
I received the email to add my cards.  I also participated in the beta. 

As when helping test the beta, when i submit all my info for a card, i click "Save" and no card is added.  I then click "Exit" and no card is added.

Is there some magic I'm supposed to do to get my cards added?  I emailed them about 10 days ago with this issue and never heard back.

Any suggestions for those that have been able to get this to work?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #608 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
Once you add a card, it should show up as "pending" in the my cards section.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #609 on: February 23, 2017, 04:35:36 AM »
Updated information regarding payouts:

Currently it happens roughty one month after your close (as mentioned in my comparison post)--usually within a few days, after they check everything posted correctly.  So those of you with January adds should see payment any time, if you haven't yet.

It may switch to the end of the following month, the way new company does it, due to the way the system is structured with the new portal.  I'll update the original posts if and when that happens.

So for now, payouts from the manual emails should be arriving about a month after you add them.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #610 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:27 AM »

As when helping test the beta, when i submit all my info for a card, i click "Save" and no card is added.  I then click "Exit" and no card is added.

Is there some magic I'm supposed to do to get my cards added?  I emailed them about 10 days ago with this issue and never heard back.

Have you tried using a different browser?

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #611 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:03 AM »
I had to switch to Firefox when I signed up because the pop up box to enter my information was cut off and I couldn't see the line for my first name.  People with bigger screens or higher resolution probably won't have a problem.

I also really like the green loading bar on the new interface, it reminds me of computer games from the early 90s.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #612 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:39 AM »

I just got the email this morning and am having the same problem as you. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. I click the button, nothing happens, and nothing shows up in "my cards".

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #613 on: February 23, 2017, 06:03:37 AM »
Check your popup settings - if you've got them set to the most restrictive, it could be blocking the popup asking if all the information is correct. You have to click "Yes" on that before you'll get the cool 90's video game loading bar.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #614 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:24 AM »
Check your popup settings - if you've got them set to the most restrictive, it could be blocking the popup asking if all the information is correct. You have to click "Yes" on that before you'll get the cool 90's video game loading bar.

Ah, good call. Now I'm getting
**Card Add Failed!!

Time to put in a support ticket...

**Ticket Add failed!

Well crap.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:17:12 AM by aetherie »

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #615 on: February 23, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
Well that's a sticky wicket.

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #616 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
What does the "Used Card in past 60 days" mean? It does not allow to click the "Yes" button.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #617 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »
What does the "Used Card in past 60 days" mean? It does not allow to click the "Yes" button.

I thought it was asking "have you used the card in the past 60 days?"  I was able to choose yes or no.  You may want to try a different browser since some have noted browser issues.  Firefox worked fine for me on Windows.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #618 on: February 23, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »
I can not add a card either using chrome, but it worked yesterday. I did have to adjust my zoom to 75%
in the browser. But now can not add any more cards, I wonder if it is because they are less than 2 years old or is this a glich.

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #619 on: February 23, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
I was able to add my three cards. They have statement dates around the 25th. So hopefully I get sales here shortly and don't miss another month... :(

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
Just got an email to sign up for new company's portal!
Current status is: they are sending out emails in batches to not overwhelm the portal with everyone signing up for it at once.  So some people will have gotten an email (a small percent of Mustachians, around 10%, I believe) today, and then more will get it over the next few days.

I'd guess everyone will get it within the next week or two.

I believe the last batch of emails should go out tomorrow, and then everyone should have received it.

If you want tradeline sales, go on and create a login, and add your cards into the system.

If you want to get the higher MMM payouts, make sure you put MMM/Joe as the referral in the drop down.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

I just got the email this morning and am having the same problem as you. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. I click the button, nothing happens, and nothing shows up in "my cards".

Using explorer probably solves the problem
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:57:07 PM by FrugalSaver »

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2017, 11:27:08 PM »
I have a question that I'm sure we've gone over but can't find it in the first few pages.

If I keep my spouse listed as an authorized user, does that reduce the number of spots I should sell at a time?

What if I keep my spouse + daughter on the card?

Thanks and again sorry if this has been posted. MMM search utility is not .. uh .. terribly helpful.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:33 PM »
I have a question that I'm sure we've gone over but can't find it in the first few pages.

If I keep my spouse listed as an authorized user, does that reduce the number of spots I should sell at a time?

Thanks and again sorry if this has been posted. MMM search utility is not .. uh .. terribly helpful.
Yes, that will reduce the number of spots. Make sure you let the company know, or you'll be at a much higher risk of card cancellation (by going over the limits the raise flags to the CC issuers).

I'd personally remove the extra people, then just add them (and let TL company know) only when they'll be applying for credit, but you can just reduce your spots open for sales if you'd like.

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #624 on: February 23, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »

Yes, that will reduce the number of spots. Make sure you let the company know, or you'll be at a much higher risk of card cancellation (by going over the limits the raise flags to the CC issuers).

I'd personally remove the extra people, then just add them (and let TL company know) only when they'll be applying for credit, but you can just reduce your spots open for sales if you'd like.

Okay - that's just as I'd expected. Thanks.

CatRamBone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #625 on: February 24, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »
what were to happen when the card is closed? is this reported on  your credit?

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »
what were to happen when the card is closed? is this reported on  your credit?

It would say closed by issuer. Im not sure if ot gets any more specific than that.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2017, 07:33:41 AM »
i'm all setup and my cards are active in his system.  we'll see how the adds roll.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #628 on: February 24, 2017, 07:55:58 AM »
I signed up on the new portal today. They now only take cards that are 2 years old so my 18 months old cards I did not try to enroll. Hopefully this summer I can enroll those cards as they mature to 2 years. AT least I have my wife's 7 year old card and that is the only tradeline offer I have received thus far.
Thank you Arebelspy I did put you down as my referral.

I added 2 of my cards that were 18-20 months since they were previously accepted (by email from the owner).  I guess we'll see if they continue to take them.  You might want to add them or email asking.  If they get rejected, I will update my post to advise.

My 18-20 month old cards were accepted/activated.  If anyone has cards over 18 months with limits over 12K (my suggestion), I would put them in.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
Just checking in to say, I did get the email a couple of days back, but have not had the time to create account.
On todo list for this weekend.

I did get two more spots sold a couple of days ago. Thanks ARS!!

The email now said to get the cards AND activate them, unlike the last adds where they just wanted me
to get card, but not activate.
This is a big hassle for me, being a fulltime traveller and receiving mail at a friends place,
where I don't want cards mailed to with a bunch of different names.
I did ask my contact person, if it's absolutely mandatory to get card and activate and she said it was not.
So I opted to not do that.
I understand that means a higher risk to me, as the card issuer could question the adds, but there's no disadvantage to the AUs.
If I knew I'd sell that many spots on a regular basis, it would be worthwhile investing in a mail forwarder, but at this point
the deal I have with my friend, works fine for me.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #630 on: February 24, 2017, 02:10:20 PM »
I've never activated an AU's card.  You're good.  :)

Worth setting up the portal.  It's quick. Probably 5 minutes to create a login, and 1-2 minutes per card needing to add.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #631 on: February 24, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »
Added my 3 cards to the site. Here's hoping for some sales next month. It will be my 3rd cycle (the first was very close timewise though)

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #632 on: February 24, 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
I've never activated an AU's card.  You're good.  :)

Worth setting up the portal.  It's quick. Probably 5 minutes to create a login, and 1-2 minutes per card needing to add.
Yep I just did. Easy peasy.
Just had so much other stuff to do after coming back from my trip, but finally got around to this as well.
Wish I had more cards to add ;)

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #633 on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:17 AM »
My cards now say active. Hopefully I sell some spots

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #634 on: February 25, 2017, 09:00:18 AM »
The email now said to get the cards AND activate them, unlike the last adds where they just wanted me
to get card, but not activate.
This is a big hassle for me, being a fulltime traveller and receiving mail at a friends place,
where I don't want cards mailed to with a bunch of different names.
If I knew I'd sell that many spots on a regular basis, it would be worthwhile investing in a mail forwarder, but at this point
the deal I have with my friend, works fine for me.

Mail forwarders may not help you, at least for activating the cards, depending on how they work for receiving mail. Was discussed earlier, if the mail forwarder expects to only see mail addressed to your, they may return or destroy the AU addressed mail on receipt. 

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2017, 09:51:39 AM »
I believe the last batch of emails should go out tomorrow, and then everyone should have received it.

If you want tradeline sales, go on and create a login, and add your cards into the system.

If you want to get the higher MMM payouts, make sure you put MMM/Joe as the referral in the drop down.

Should I be concerned that I have not received an email yet?

wienerdog

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #636 on: February 25, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »

Should I be concerned that I have not received an email yet?

Same

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #637 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »
I sent in all my paperwork on Thursday. Don't want to be pushy but when should I follow up?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #638 on: February 25, 2017, 03:15:46 PM »
They work M-F, so not hearing anything on the weekend isn't a concern.  :)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
Do you still get an email from the same person when you sell a trade line when using the portal?

I'm hoping to. Real my maiden soon

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #640 on: February 25, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
They work M-F, so not hearing anything on the weekend isn't a concern.  :)

They must be working overtime because I got an add this morning and a reply to my acknowledgement of said add. And they are still doing adds by email BTW.  I don't have any information in my portal, other than my cards, which were switched from Not Active to Active at some point in between the beta testing and today.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #641 on: February 26, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »

I thought it was asking "have you used the card in the past 60 days?"  I was able to choose yes or no.  You may want to try a different browser since some have noted browser issues.  Firefox worked fine for me on Windows.
I had a couple cards that were not used in 60 days (and choose 'no' on the portal; Chrome on Win.7).
I've use those cards now (small charges).  How do I edit that on the portal?  Or how do I tell 'the Co.'?

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #642 on: February 26, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
Looks like I didn't have any sales for two months in a row now... bummer.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #643 on: February 26, 2017, 01:52:51 PM »

I had a couple cards that were not used in 60 days (and choose 'no' on the portal; Chrome on Win.7).
I've use those cards now (small charges).  How do I edit that on the portal?  Or how do I tell 'the Co.'?

i think it's intended to use the "ticket system" in the portal to make changes like that, but the email address they have set up to receive the tickets bounced back when I tried to have them implement a CLI.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #644 on: February 26, 2017, 02:26:46 PM »

i think it's intended to use the "ticket system" in the portal to make changes like that, but the email address they have set up to receive the tickets bounced back when I tried to have them implement a CLI.

Yep, my wife noted the same thing.

I'll say what I said to her: They got the critical pieces in place, good enough for "go live" and start moving away from doing everything over email. The rest can be cleaned up later.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #645 on: February 26, 2017, 07:11:42 PM »

I'll say what I said to her: They got the critical pieces in place, good enough for "go live" and start moving away from doing everything over email. The rest can be cleaned up later.

Agreed.  I think the portal looks and works great so far.  I have yet to process sales through it but still a great start!

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #646 on: February 27, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »
Never bothered to do a second month charge even when they pay for 2 months

So....how do you know when they are paying for 2 months?

I inquired about if they would let me know when to remove an add I did in late January, they said they leave them up for 60-90 days, but I imagine we don't get paid for 2 or 3 months every time?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #647 on: February 27, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
So, does everyone else still have "pending activation" for all their cards on the new portal?

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #648 on: February 27, 2017, 07:40:37 PM »
I checked today and my pending activation cards had gone to active. I added them... last week, I think?

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #649 on: February 27, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »
Mine are also active.  Added them in the portal last Wednesday.