Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1935109 times)

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #5350 on: January 28, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »
Not really. The answer is complicated and varies by each bank.  If you’re not using your credit limits (which we often don’t selling TL) the companies aren’t going to up your CL.  Some banks care what you have elsewhere some don’t.

And companies are also going to limit their exposure.   Chase for instance won’t give more than 50% of your income or around 100k in cl

Want more opportunities?  Get cards with companies that you can sell but aren’t the mainstream.  Get a P2.   And check a place like doctor of credit for signup bonuses to make it worthwhile.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #5351 on: January 28, 2022, 08:08:16 PM »
I have a unique question. I believe I have run against a wall with my total limit across all my cards. My requests for credit limit increases are being denied. I have a high credit limit on Chase and BOA cards, which I don't want to sell tradelines on anymore because I don't want them closed (they are my oldest cards). I believe my high combined limit is limiting my ability to get more credit.

Would it be a wise strategy to seek credit limit reductions on my BOA and Chase cards to get higher credit limits on my less risky cards (like Barclays)? Has anyone tried this?

I've been in similar situations in the past and done similar things for similar reasons.  It makes sense to me.

I think the total CL across all cards will typically run around 3X household income.  If you're in that ballpark, you might be running into this issue.

You can usually drop the CL to $500 (or sometimes even $100) and keep the old cards open.  Chase and BofA are nearly certain to accommodate your request.

Of course, you're not guaranteed that Barclays etc. will give you higher limits.

You might want to first confirm your suspicions by looking at the reasons they're declining your CLIs, and confirming that your credit otherwise is stellar.  It would not be useful to go through the process halfway by lowering Chase and BofA then find out that Barclays etc. is declining your CLIs for some other reason.

Another avenue would be to open new cards with other piggybacking friendly issuers.  If they see stellar credit and high limits from other competing issuers, you can often get high limits from additional issuers somewhat regardless of your total existing CL.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 08:10:41 PM by secondcor521 »

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5352 on: February 01, 2022, 11:39:07 AM »
I have a question on transferring a credit line to a new card (Barclays).

Since I am probably nearing my lifetime AU’s with my current Barclays card, I want to try to open a new card by transferring the line from the old one to the new one. Would the AU’s currently on the old card get transferred to the new ones, or should I put this card on pause, wait for these AUs to finish their term, and then apply for the new card?

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5353 on: February 01, 2022, 11:40:37 AM »
The AUs will stick with the current card, you can call and move CL around.  It also makes sense while your filling up an aged Barclays to try to get another one and move that CL over to the old one while the new one seasons.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5354 on: February 01, 2022, 03:42:54 PM »

Since I am probably nearing my lifetime AU’s with my current Barclays card, I want to try to open a new card by transferring the line from the old one to the new one. Would the AU’s currently on the old card get transferred to the new ones, or should I put this card on pause, wait for these AUs to finish their term, and then apply for the new card?

How do you know you're nearing the limit? What's the limit? I think the limit for Barclays can be different depending on the card and probably other things.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5355 on: February 01, 2022, 04:02:45 PM »
Just be careful not to reduce the limit on cards while AUs are on it.  While they may not notice, if they do they might be peeved if they paid $X for a $20,000 limit for 3 months, and ended up getting a $20,000 limit on their credit report for one month and a $1,000 limit for the remaining two months.

And if they're peeved and complain to the piggybacking company, then they in turn will not be happy with you.

@Padonak, up thread there's a discussion about a lifetime limit on the number of AUs a Barclays card can have.  I don't recall the number offhand, and IIRC it varied slightly between reports, but it's a decently large number on the order of dozens.  Presumably @Reddart67 has kept track of how many AUs they've added and are nearing the limit.

The only solution I know of is to apply for a new Barclays card and season it, then shift CL over with care.

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5356 on: February 01, 2022, 06:13:21 PM »
My 25K Chase gets two AU's like clock work every 4 months for $250 each. I already got the big bonus cards in the past and really only use the Freedom card for bonus Catagories. With only a $75 max bonus each quarter, I feel the risk is worth it.

With that said, I would like to keep this going and minimize the risk of getting shut down. Last year I signed up for Chase checking account for the bonus and kept it, with a small DD each month going in. I also utilize the Chase card more frequently than I normally would, even though it's not optimal. I have also had several referrals sign up for Chase cards.

Do you think it matters that I have a the checking account, utilize the credit card more than one smal purchase a month, and dkrect business towards Chase as far as less chance of getting shut down?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5357 on: February 01, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »
My 25K Chase gets two AU's like clock work every 4 months for $250 each. I already got the big bonus cards in the past and really only use the Freedom card for bonus Catagories. With only a $75 max bonus each quarter, I feel the risk is worth it.

With that said, I would like to keep this going and minimize the risk of getting shut down. Last year I signed up for Chase checking account for the bonus and kept it, with a small DD each month going in. I also utilize the Chase card more frequently than I normally would, even though it's not optimal. I have also had several referrals sign up for Chase cards.

Do you think it matters that I have a the checking account, utilize the credit card more than one smal purchase a month, and dkrect business towards Chase as far as less chance of getting shut down?

I understand and empathize with the thought process, but my personal opinion is that the checking and DD aren't doing you any good.  Using the card more might help a tiny bit, but not enough in my opinion to use credit cards less than optimally.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #5358 on: February 02, 2022, 01:53:56 AM »

You don’t need to transfer the limit when you open the new card. Just open the new card with its own credit limit asap to start seasoning it. You can transfer the your old card’s credit limit to the new card AFTER the old card has reached its lifetime limit. Transferring it any earlier just limits the earning potential of your current card.

Since Barclays has a lifetime AU limit, you want to maximize the value of each AU. That means maximizing your current card’s slots by keeping its limit high, AND It also means you should start seasoning a new card as early as possible, since selling slots on your new card when it hasn’t aged much isn’t optimal.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5359 on: February 02, 2022, 07:46:28 AM »
+1

Barclays will only give you a certain total credit limit, but don't let that stop you from getting the new card and seasoning it now. Once you hit your max AU limit on the other card, you can transfer all but $100-$500 of that card's limit to the new card before cancelling it.

Speaking of Barclay's and their max AU limit, did anyone else have a Barclay Uber card that was recently transitioned to a View card? I'm wondering if this change reset the limit. I know it varies - some people report being able to add as many as 35+ users before hitting the limit, but my experience has been 27 on the 3 cards I have used to date. My Uber/View card is now over 30, which gives me hope that the limit was reset when they made this change. This would be fantastic as it's my highest earning card ($250 per slot) and I am able to max it out with no issues every cycle. Anyone else have any insight? I'm keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5360 on: February 02, 2022, 10:16:45 AM »
Question on 1099 and the new company.  I'm good with the old company as they say to use the chex flex whatever, and I simply printed out the 1099.  What's the deal with the new company?  Is there a number you have to go over to get a 1099?  Do they mail it or is there someplace to go on the web to find it like the old company?

I'm gathering my documents to do my taxes...obviously.  thanks

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5361 on: February 02, 2022, 10:29:43 AM »
Question on 1099 and the new company.  I'm good with the old company as they say to use the chex flex whatever, and I simply printed out the 1099.  What's the deal with the new company?  Is there a number you have to go over to get a 1099?  Do they mail it or is there someplace to go on the web to find it like the old company?

I'm gathering my documents to do my taxes...obviously.  thanks

New company should send you a 1099-NEC in the mail.  They're required to send them out by 1/31, which was two days ago, so it should be in the mail to you and arrive soon.  Apparently the Form 1099-NEC is only required for amounts of $600 or more.

(I actually haven't worked with New Company since 2019, so the above is my inference from how New Company behaved in 2019, the introduction of Form 1099-NEC, and the IRS instructions for Form 1099-NEC.  Someone still working with New Company may have better info.)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5362 on: February 02, 2022, 05:07:12 PM »
Speaking of Barclay's and their max AU limit, did anyone else have a Barclay Uber card that was recently transitioned to a View card? I'm wondering if this change reset the limit.

I tried to add an AU (wife) when another BC card switched to View.  It did not work and gave an odd error message.  I tried a couple of times and then gave up on it.  I assume (but don't know) that the AU count carried over from the prior card.  Good luck when it's your time!  Hope it works.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5363 on: February 06, 2022, 01:34:20 AM »
Since this thread is about adding authorized users to a CC I have a related question. I received a CC with a man’s name on it that I didn’t know. It was my account number and the letter was addressed to me. When I called my CC company they said it was fraud but no charges were made on my account. I am really confused how someone was able to do that. In addition with the card being mailed to me I don’t understand what the scam was. Thanks in advance for any information about this that you could provide.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5364 on: February 06, 2022, 04:15:51 AM »
It for sure wasn't one of your Authorized users? Then someone added themselves to your account. Maybe they also have your online password ( like they added themselves online).  Lucky the credit card companies send the card to the primary card holder.
I would change my username and password for online access.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5365 on: February 06, 2022, 11:46:14 AM »
What message do you get when you reach the AU limit with Barclays?

I tried to add an AU, answered security questions and got the following message. Tried the same thing twice with the same result.

Authorized user not added
The information you have entered is incorrect.
Please contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible at 888-232-0780.

Does it mean I have reached the limit?

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5366 on: February 06, 2022, 11:56:28 AM »

I tried to add an AU, answered security questions and got the following message. Tried the same thing twice with the same result.

Please contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible at 888-232-0780.

I am curious about this as well. I have a couple Barclaycards that are nearing the AU limit.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5367 on: February 06, 2022, 04:37:05 PM »
Bike fanatic, thanks for answering. I have never sold trade lines so have no authorized users. I just closed the account as I have 2 others.  When it happened I remembered about this thread.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #5368 on: February 06, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »
Bike fanatic, thanks for answering. I have never sold trade lines so have no authorized users. I just closed the account as I have 2 others.  When it happened I remembered about this thread.

If you just canceled today, I think there is a buyer's remorse period where you can say you've changed your mind, please reopen. Could depend on the bank, and could depend if my memory is faulty. :p

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #5369 on: February 06, 2022, 05:20:25 PM »

I had a semi-similar situation in which an authorized user could not be added, and this was early in my Barclay AU days. After I tried unsuccessfully adding by phone and then some back and forth with the tradeline company, it turns out that the company had provided me faulty information, which is why Barclays rejected it.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5370 on: February 08, 2022, 07:33:47 PM »

I would say it is a possibility.  When I hit the limit, the web site started acting weird.  ie nonsensical error messages

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5371 on: February 09, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »
Thanks.

Do you also check yes for qualified under 199A?

Do you deduct anything other than annual fees? I can't think of any other business expenses related to tradelines.

I think it qualifies for 199A.

There is the SEHI deduction, which is probably the biggest opportunity.  However, if you're on ACA there is an annoying circular reference in the tax code.

You could evaluate whether or not you qualify for the simplified method for a home office deduction.  The bar I found there was that the IRS requires that the space be exclusively used for the business, and "exclusive" is a high bar.

Perhaps you could deduct the cost of a shredder if you bought it to shred AU cards and correspondence.

In theory you could deduct a proportion of your cell phone and internet bills used for business purposes, but that amount is probably small enough to be a rounding error.

You could take a look at Schedule C and see if any of the other line items jump out at you as possibilities, then research items in those areas.

@secondcor521  and anyone else....

Any thoughts on deducting a laptop as a business expense?  I am considering getting a used laptop ($400-500) and the thought crossed my mind.

Currently, I have only deducted PO box expense and a couple of credit card annual fees.

A tax pro recently told me I could do a home office deduction.  I'm not sure it is worth the trouble as the 'dedicated space' is quite small.

thanks for any thoughts!!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5372 on: February 09, 2022, 01:52:34 PM »
Thanks.

Do you deduct anything other than annual fees? I can't think of any other business expenses related to tradelines.

There is the SEHI deduction, which is probably the biggest opportunity.  However, if you're on ACA there is an annoying circular reference in the tax code.

You could evaluate whether or not you qualify for the simplified method for a home office deduction.  The bar I found there was that the IRS requires that the space be exclusively used for the business, and "exclusive" is a high bar.

Perhaps you could deduct the cost of a shredder if you bought it to shred AU cards and correspondence.

In theory you could deduct a proportion of your cell phone and internet bills used for business purposes, but that amount is probably small enough to be a rounding error.

You could take a look at Schedule C and see if any of the other line items jump out at you as possibilities, then research items in those areas.

Any thoughts on deducting a laptop as a business expense?  I am considering getting a used laptop ($400-500) and the thought crossed my mind.

Currently, I have only deducted PO box expense and a couple of credit card annual fees.

A tax pro recently told me I could do a home office deduction.  I'm not sure it is worth the trouble as the 'dedicated space' is quite small.

Deductible business expenses need to be reasonable and necessary.  See here for what those terms mean:
 https://www.irs.gov/publications/p535#en_US_2020_publink100078332

If you were to use the computer for personal and business use, you would be required to allocate and deduct only the business percentage of use.  I believe the IRS accepts any reasonable estimate and allocation method.

Some business equipment with a useful life over a year IIRC must be depreciated, but there is a rule that would probably allow you to expense a laptop that cheap.  I forget what it is but you can find it by googling.

I would never do the full home office deduction because it complicates the tax calculations when you later go to sell the home.  See Pub 523 for details:  https://www.irs.gov/publications/p523

The simplified method is indeed simpler, but there is a high bar for using it - the area of your home used must be exclusively dedicated to business in almost all circumstances.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5373 on: February 09, 2022, 01:56:20 PM »
Thanks.

It's probably not worth it to try and deduct anything beyond that. Unless you want to straight up lie and say that your 10 minutes spent every month on tradelines required a portion of your home, internet, cell phone, laptop, etc.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5374 on: February 10, 2022, 06:47:37 AM »

Gogore

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5375 on: February 13, 2022, 02:22:42 PM »
I'm looking for ways to automate monthly charges on my credit cards to keep them active, and of course ready for a trade line.  I have twenty cards.  I have already went through all of my regular expenses and allocated them as much as possible, but I have 8 more cards that do not have a monthly charge.   I do not want to carry these in my wallet.  I live frugally so I don't even go to the store but maybe twice a month and rarely go out to eat.  It's important to me that this side gig is as automated as possible.   I already do the $5 amazon gift card charge on two accounts. 
Does anyone know of any thing else like the Amazon gift card "top up"?    What do you all do to make sure that you have a balance consistently?

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5376 on: February 13, 2022, 06:56:34 PM »
For the cards that I actively use for TL, I do automatic monthly charges e.g. Neftlix, Spotify, cell phone etc.
For the cards that I keep for future sales, I manually buy amazon gift cards every 6 months or so. I think that's enough to keep them active.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5377 on: February 13, 2022, 09:20:50 PM »
Some utility companies allow you to pay with multiple cards.  That might work too.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5378 on: February 13, 2022, 10:02:53 PM »
I make Amazon gift card purchases once a month, but only on cards which currently have AUs on them.  To keep cards active, I make sure I don't let cards remain unused for more than a year.  Both these processes are manual but don't take that much time.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5379 on: February 14, 2022, 07:23:16 AM »
I have a spreadsheet that shows when to charge on each card. I also stop and get 10 $ worth of gas every time I pass a station
S I can utilize all my cards every month for tradelines. about 8 cards in the rotation. I also have to use the seasoning  ones for
gas drug and grocery spend at 3X--5X points.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5380 on: February 14, 2022, 09:59:40 AM »
I also keep a spread sheet, so I know if I have a card without an AU, it's getting sock drawered until it picks one up.

There are lots of bills I get where I can go online and pay less than the entire bill.  I'm thinking of my fuel oil bill for my house.  Say a $700 bill comes in and I've got 2 $50 visa gift cards and 4 credit cards that need to get used.  I go in and pay with the gift cards first, then each credit card until the bill is completely paid.  Yes, I know it's not automated but I don't want to waste a charge on a card that doesn't have an AU.  Some of those cards will work for low balance forgiveness, so that's my backup to get a little income for not much work.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5381 on: February 14, 2022, 01:31:04 PM »
I'm looking for ways to automate monthly charges on my credit cards to keep them active, and of course ready for a trade line.  I have twenty cards.  I have already went through all of my regular expenses and allocated them as much as possible, but I have 8 more cards that do not have a monthly charge.   I do not want to carry these in my wallet.  I live frugally so I don't even go to the store but maybe twice a month and rarely go out to eat.  It's important to me that this side gig is as automated as possible.   I already do the $5 amazon gift card charge on two accounts. 
Does anyone know of any thing else like the Amazon gift card "top up"?    What do you all do to make sure that you have a balance consistently?

For all my cards that we sell tradelines on, but also don't use for any regular purchases, I just make an amazon gift card purchase.  I currently have 5 cards that fall into this category.  I manually make a $3 purchase on each card.  I set a reminder and I do it on the first of every month to ensure I hit every card on every monthly cycle.  I do it regardless of whether I currently have an AU, so if one gets added between the 1st and the end of that card's cycle I don't have to worry about it and I know it already has a $3 balance consistently. 

MoneyTree

• Bristles
« Reply #5382 on: February 14, 2022, 04:27:42 PM »
All I do is add one more step in the process of adding an AU. After I add the AU, I am not done yet. I immediately go to amazon and do a $3 reload using the card where I just added the AU.

its not exactly automated, but its adding 1 step to the part of the process that you cannot automate anyways, the adding of an AU. For the few cards where I have to call in to add the AU, i just do the reload while I am still on the phone waiting for a rep.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #5383 on: February 15, 2022, 06:21:02 PM »
Is calling the only way to remove for Citi? I couldn't find a method online, and I've been on the call for at least 20 minutes answering security questions and they're having difficulty removing people.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5384 on: February 15, 2022, 07:05:21 PM »
Is calling the only way to remove for Citi? I couldn't find a method online, and I've been on the call for at least 20 minutes answering security questions and they're having difficulty removing people.

Even if there isn't a specific way to remove an AU online, you generally can send them a secure message and just write a short note asking them to remove Jane Doe as an AU on your account.  They should reply in a day or two saying the person has been removed.  From my notes it looks like Citi does this.

I personally wait until I get the confirmation message back before marking the AU removed with the TL company.

bangbang

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5385 on: February 16, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »
I have a unique question. I believe I have run against a wall with my total limit across all my cards. My requests for credit limit increases are being denied. I have a high credit limit on Chase and BOA cards, which I don't want to sell tradelines on anymore because I don't want them closed (they are my oldest cards). I believe my high combined limit is limiting my ability to get more credit.

Would it be a wise strategy to seek credit limit reductions on my BOA and Chase cards to get higher credit limits on my less risky cards (like Barclays)? Has anyone tried this?

I've been in similar situations in the past and done similar things for similar reasons.  It makes sense to me.

I think the total CL across all cards will typically run around 3X household income.  If you're in that ballpark, you might be running into this issue.

You can usually drop the CL to $500 (or sometimes even $100) and keep the old cards open.  Chase and BofA are nearly certain to accommodate your request.

Of course, you're not guaranteed that Barclays etc. will give you higher limits.

You might want to first confirm your suspicions by looking at the reasons they're declining your CLIs, and confirming that your credit otherwise is stellar.  It would not be useful to go through the process halfway by lowering Chase and BofA then find out that Barclays etc. is declining your CLIs for some other reason.

Another avenue would be to open new cards with other piggybacking friendly issuers.  If they see stellar credit and high limits from other competing issuers, you can often get high limits from additional issuers somewhat regardless of your total existing CL.

Can you provide any references or links regarding these 3x income limit you mentioned? I am close to that limit.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5386 on: February 16, 2022, 03:39:46 PM »
Can you provide any references or links regarding these 3x income limit you mentioned? I am close to that limit.

No, it's just my personal experience with credit cards and the major credit card companies over the past 30 years or so, and observations of others' stated experiences.

And I wouldn't really consider it a hard limit; more just a headwind that I and others tend to hit roughly around that metric.

ilsy

• Stubble
« Reply #5387 on: February 21, 2022, 10:40:54 AM »
One of my cards is a Capital One SAVOR and the cards are metal. I've got a stack of them in a drawer (never activated) because I can't shred them. I have a couple of return envelopes and while I know intellectually the person receiving and destroying those metal cards gives zero fucks about TL sales or multiple AUs, I still feel hesitant to send back 4-5 cards with different names in one envelope.
Aviation snips, cut those cards like butter.

ilsy

• Stubble
« Reply #5388 on: February 21, 2022, 10:59:31 AM »

No, it's just my personal experience with credit cards and the major credit card companies over the past 30 years or so, and observations of others' stated experiences.

And I wouldn't really consider it a hard limit; more just a headwind that I and others tend to hit roughly around that metric.

Not true according to my personal anecdotal experience. I'm happily at x5-6 times the income. At one point it was even 7 times but then a bunch of my cards got closed.

Also not true that they look at your overall purchases and decide if it's worth keeping you as a customer. In my experience with BoA I should have been their dream customer, I took $15k and returned within the promotional period -18m or so and at the time of closing I still had about $3-5k in purchases with them and 9m financing on a different card. They did let me pay over 9m no interest but I could only pay, everything else on the website was restricted.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5389 on: February 21, 2022, 12:19:00 PM »
I just got an add on my citi card and called in and gave all the details.  The rep told me the AU was successfully added, but that I need to call back in 24-48 hours to request a card.  Anyone ever encounter this?  Do I need to actually call back and request a physical card since I'm not going to activate it or use it?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5390 on: February 21, 2022, 12:29:59 PM »
I've also had an issue with Amex delta skymiles card.  I added an AU in January, and they never sent me a card.  After about 3 weeks I went on the Amex site and requested a new card for the AU citing the reason that the card never arrived.  It's been almost 3 weeks since I requested a new card, and it still never arrived.

When I check my portal it says that the AU already posted and I'm scheduled to get paid, so I'm going to leave it alone, but it's really strange that I've requested a card twice and never received it.  Amex has always been good about sending cards quickly.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
« Reply #5391 on: February 21, 2022, 09:11:39 PM »
I just got an add on my citi card and called in and gave all the details.  The rep told me the AU was successfully added, but that I need to call back in 24-48 hours to request a card.  Anyone ever encounter this?  Do I need to actually call back and request a physical card since I'm not going to activate it or use it?
Citi has always sent me a card, but I wish there was an option to not send it, as it’s kind of a waste since they all go directly to the shredder.  Plus the mailman routinely writes a question mark on the envelopes that are addressed to authorized users. He must be wondering how many people live at my address or if I’m part of some fraud ring or something.

The only issuer that I’ve had that gives an option to not send the card is Barclays. I opt out of receiving the card every time with no issue. YMMV with Citi.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #5392 on: February 22, 2022, 10:12:26 AM »

As long as the AU is still actively listed in the Citi website portal for your account as a current user, it should be fine without a physical card. I'd skip contacting them again to send it.

TheAgileCamel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5393 on: February 22, 2022, 06:03:36 PM »

As long as the AU is still actively listed in the Citi website portal for your account as a current user, it should be fine without a physical card. I'd skip contacting them again to send it.

Citi always asks me  to wait for their "fraud" department after I add a AU. I look at the website live and once I see the new AU has been added I just hang up. My AUs normally do not receive a card but it still reports.

Is anyone having trouble with Barclay's AUs showing up? I am not seeing the tradeline show-up for some AUs I have recently added. All were added online without a SSN. Thanks!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5394 on: February 22, 2022, 06:39:34 PM »
Is anyone having trouble with Barclay's AUs showing up? I am not seeing the tradeline show-up for some AUs I have recently added. All were added online without a SSN. Thanks!

So far, so good.  I just checked.  All of my recent AU's are still listed.

toddmkl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5395 on: February 23, 2022, 10:26:40 AM »

I am curious about this as well. I have a couple Barclaycards that are nearing the AU limit.

Yes it means that you have reached the limit. The limit to the best of my knowledge has been 40 AU's.  I have been through several Barclay cards now.

toddmkl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5396 on: February 23, 2022, 10:43:04 AM »

You have reached the limit which in my experiences has been 40 AU's. 

toddmkl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5397 on: February 23, 2022, 10:46:09 AM »

So far, so good.  I just checked.  All of my recent AU's are still listed.

I've ran into this before. Log back and and back in. You may have to do this several times to get into a session where they are not having a bug in the system to see the Services -> Authorized Users section.  Call Customer service a few times and they will be able to confirm that your users are there. I say "a few times" because you want to make sure as some of their CSR's are not trained well or are learning. 

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #5398 on: February 23, 2022, 02:27:58 PM »
Is it possible to activate an AMEX AU card if I don’t receive the card? My mailman sometimes does not deliver mail addressed to others. I sold my first AMEX AU with the old company.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5399 on: February 23, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=66145.msg2982010#msg2982010 date=1645644454
[MOD EDIT: Removed solicitation for unknown business from user with 8 posts]

I would suggest you let Joe (arebelspy) know.  He's vetted the 2 companies recommended here.  I once went and tried another and got whacked in the head with my first try.  Pulled right out of there and will go only to the companies Joe's checked out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 08:07:02 PM by arebelspy »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!