Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901452 times)

kudy

• Pencil Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »
Two interesting notes - I emailed the new company to ask about adding 2 cards that just passed 1 year of age and was told that they are very unlikely to get any sales until they are 2 years old, because a card that young can lower the average account age of the customer, and sometimes actually drop their credit score. I hadn't heard this reasoning before, but it explains the incredible low order volume on cards 1-2 years old.

I was also told that the new company is launching a new online interface this week! I am excited, because the online interface is my favorite part about the old company's process. It was also hinted that users can add cards themselves - maybe we'll also be able to remove them, or set limits on tradeline sales without emailing?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »
Two interesting notes - I emailed the new company to ask about adding 2 cards that just passed 1 year of age and was told that they are very unlikely to get any sales until they are 2 years old, because a card that young can lower the average account age of the customer, and sometimes actually drop their credit score. I hadn't heard this reasoning before, but it explains the incredible low order volume on cards 1-2 years old.

Yep.  The older it is, the more it helps their average age, and if it's younger, it could possibly hurt.  The younger cards are less likely to see sales UNLESS it has a large limit. 

So someone might buy, say, a 1 year old card with 30k limit, and 11 year old card with 10k limit which will add 40k credit limit and an average age between the two of 6 years each.

I was also told that the new company is launching a new online interface this week! I am excited, because the online interface is my favorite part about the old company's process. It was also hinted that users can add cards themselves - maybe we'll also be able to remove them, or set limits on tradeline sales without emailing?

Indeed!  This is the system I referenced in the initial comparison post:
The new company has a portal, sort of, but it's not in use.  I got a login for it and poked around, and can see why it's not being used.  Right now they manually do everything.  So when you get tradeline sales, they email you with the AU info to add (and, if Discover, email the info that might need to be uploaded).  After you add them, you email them back to confirm you added it.  Later they will tell you when to remove the AU, via (you guessed it) an email.

This could be considered a pro, if you like that personal touch, or a con, if you like it all automated, and less emails.

They are working on tweaking/updating their portal, and their owner swears it will be in use soon, but there's a lot of work to be done from what I can see. For now, the manual (email) way does work, even if it's less efficient.

Like I said, I've had access since October, but they've been working on updating and improving it for the past few months, and it's supposed to roll out tomorrow!  I'm excited to see it.

The company will send an email to everyone once it's up.  No need to email them asking--you guys will know.

This is the one major area where the new recommendation was behind the old company, like I mentioned, so this is pretty exciting.

The new portal will add many features catching them up with the old company (like text notifications, online tracking of orders) and address the concern brought up earlier in the thread about the AU info being sent over email.

Here is the things to know:

• Once you get the email from the company with the link to the portal, you will create a username and password, and enter in your information, and then log in with this newly created account.
  • Once logged in, there is an interface to add your cards.  It is the same information as in the contract (date opened, limit, provider, that info).
  • You set up your contact information (email and/or phone). When someone purchases a spot on a card, you will get a notification by text/email letting them know they have a new add and to login for further instructions.  Likewise, it will let you know when payments have been sent.

Make sure you go in and add your cards ASAP--that's the way to get sales under the new system (won't guarantee it, obviously, the main diver is still people wanting your card, but not getting it in there definitely will prevent you from getting sales once they're 100% switched over to the new system).

Hold off questions if you can for the moment--you should be able to log in and try it yourself, soon!

I'd hold off emailing the company for the moment on miscellaneous stuff as well (except if related to an AU add), simply because they're quite busy getting this launched, but give it a few days, and then everything should be good to go.  Stuff tends to be "bumpy" when new systems come into place, so keep that in mind, but hopefully this won't have too many hiccups. We'll cross our fingers.

Plus everything should be much smoother going forward.

:)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #402 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:14 AM »
ARS,

To clarify, are you saying to add existing cards to the online system or new cards?

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #403 on: January 31, 2017, 07:23:46 AM »
It would be beneficial if the tradeline income was income for my wife instead of myself, as I have a lot more social security wages.

She already handles a lot of the work, and it would be straightforward to have her handle all the tradeline stuff. No business set up though.

Do it under her Ssn or register a tax ID number for her.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #404 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
ARS, thanks for the detailed update.

One morw thing to wait on...😁

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #405 on: January 31, 2017, 02:00:58 PM »
I was just about to give up on any sales for this month (closing date is the 1st) when blammo, I get the email! So I practice saying the name and call USAA, bantering with the customer service rep about this and that. Asks for Name, DOB, SSN....all info I have. Then asks for gender (???) and marital status (???) so I wing it and it's fine. I email the company to let them know and they said that USAA generally didn't ask for that information but that they will include it in the future. So just FYI for folks with USAA. Took 5 minutes and I was surprisingly nervous, but it was really fine.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »
I was just about to give up on any sales for this month (closing date is the 1st) when blammo, I get the email! So I practice saying the name and call USAA, bantering with the customer service rep about this and that. Asks for Name, DOB, SSN....all info I have. Then asks for gender (???) and marital status (???) so I wing it and it's fine. I email the company to let them know and they said that USAA generally didn't ask for that information but that they will include it in the future. So just FYI for folks with USAA. Took 5 minutes and I was surprisingly nervous, but it was really fine.

I've had quite a few USAA sales on my line with them.

They've *always* asked for gender, marital status, confirmed US citizenship, and occasionally they've asked for job category.  The old company provided the first three; I also winged it on the last one when necessary.

They've also *always* set up a USAA profile for the person, even though the old company said it wasn't necessary and to discourage USAA from doing so.  It was a few extra minutes and I didn't see any harm so I just let 'em do it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »
ARS,

To clarify, are you saying to add existing cards to the online system or new cards?

You will be adding the existing cards... basically so they don't have to input hundreds of cards into the system, having individual cardholders put in their own cards will speed up the process.  :)

I was just about to give up on any sales for this month (closing date is the 1st) when blammo, I get the email!

Nice!  :)

So I practice saying the name and call USAA, bantering with the customer service rep about this and that. Asks for Name, DOB, SSN....all info I have. Then asks for gender (???) and marital status (???) so I wing it and it's fine. I email the company to let them know and they said that USAA generally didn't ask for that information but that they will include it in the future. So just FYI for folks with USAA. Took 5 minutes and I was surprisingly nervous, but it was really fine.

Yeah, USAA seems much more stringent on info than other CC companies.

Also, FYI for everyone, I just received my 1099 from the old company today, so be on the lookout for that.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
I also got my 1099 from the old company today, by email (password protected PDF).

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
I also got my 1099 from the old company today, by email (password protected PDF).

yes and its interesting when i put it into credit karma since its under nonemployee compensation if i list it as other income then it doesnt come thru on the line item. well it does on the major sheet but not the questionaire.  its strange.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #410 on: January 31, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
Finally think I'm about to ready to jump on board here. I have the following cards:

Best Buy branded Citi Visa - add authorized user is available under the account setting - need to confirm this is a valid Citi card. $10.7k balance. Open date is listed as 7/2009. Previously a Cap One card that was transferred to Citi in 2013. Reports payment history for this card back to 2013. The Cap One account is listed separately on my credit report.

Discover (me) - opened 7/09. $17.9k limit - just requested an increase at the end of November. Hopefully the next increase will get me over 20k. That way I'd be at $225 per AU once I pass 8 years in July.

Discover (wife) - opened  6/15. $16.7k limit. Also requested the increase back in November. Not yet up to 2 years so not as sweet of a deal.

Just getting a few things in order before I jump on the bandwagon.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #411 on: January 31, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
Discover (wife) - opened  6/15. $16.7k limit. Also requested the increase back in November. Not yet up to 2 years so not as sweet of a deal.

Just getting a few things in order before I jump on the bandwagon.

They will likely take that card even though it is under 2 years due to the limit.  You can inquire when you send in your paperwork.  I had one very similar that they took.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #412 on: January 31, 2017, 07:31:28 PM »

Same. Already printed and in my tax file.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #413 on: February 01, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »
Has anyone gotten an email yet about the new website and interface? I've been waiting on pins and needles and still haven't seen one...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #414 on: February 01, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »
Has anyone gotten an email yet about the new website and interface? I've been waiting on pins and needles and still haven't seen one...

You will know when we get it, because you will get it, too, it will go out to all investors, not individually emailed.

Be patient.  :)

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »

nope...eagerly awaiting it here too

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #416 on: February 01, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »
Thanks! Was just wondering since I thought it was supposed to go live yesterday. I'll be patient - but I won't like it....

;)

Gimesalot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #417 on: February 01, 2017, 12:58:53 PM »
Adding another data point:

Just added three AUs to my second credit card.  So in the first month I have sold 5 tradelines at $75 each.   Although this may be low for some on here but I am extremely happy with the results.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2017, 01:13:14 PM »
nothing to frown at 5 TL's for 75 bucks.  i've got 5 cards in now and will have 17 by this time next year hopefully.  if i fill everything on my 5 now its 2200  amonth.  next year if i fill all 17 its 60k a year.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #419 on: February 01, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »
nothing to frown at 5 TL's for 75 bucks.  i've got 5 cards in now and will have 17 by this time next year hopefully.  if i fill everything on my 5 now its 2200  amonth.  next year if i fill all 17 its 60k a year.

Man I would quit my day job with that level of earnings. I only have one card, but it has a high limit and is very old. Still trying to get the wife on board, but she is very skeptical.

I wonder if this company gets flooded as well if they will slow down and/or reduce payouts.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #420 on: February 01, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »

Just added three AUs to my second credit card.  So in the first month I have sold 5 tradelines at $75 each.   Although this may be low for some on here but I am extremely happy with the results.

What is the limit and age of that card?

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #421 on: February 01, 2017, 02:38:36 PM »

Man I would quit my day job with that level of earnings. I only have one card, but it has a high limit and is very old. Still trying to get the wife on board, but she is very skeptical.

I wonder if this company gets flooded as well if they will slow down and/or reduce payouts.

Cant quit my day job. dont know how long this will last.  i'm 6-7 years from FI  If this is still churning dough in 4-5 years i will likely be done working. 

Gimesalot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #422 on: February 01, 2017, 03:28:46 PM »

What is the limit and age of that card?

I have one card that is at $9,600 and the other one is $6,500.  Both are 7 years old.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #423 on: February 01, 2017, 10:11:10 PM »
so ARS should we start a new thread to discuss what people are doing with this income on their taxes this year?  or is this a good place for it.

I plan to just file as misc income and not file as a business subject to FICA taxes.

Feel free to discuss here.  :)

I plan to exclude it all under FEIE, being an expat, but I'm interested in the discussion both for when I eventually go back to the states, and as an intellectual curiosity.

I think it's a good point boarder42 brought up, and I'm not sure I agree this is the best place to discuss it. It is an active thread, and I already had trouble keeping up with the tax discussion in between the updates of tradelines sales people have gotten, the upcoming interface for new company, 1099 being issued by old company, etc.

If anyone else is interested, I took the liberty of creating a new thread: Small Business and Miscellaneous Income Best Practices broken off from here and summarized with the relevant discussion I could find. It might be a good general purpose resource for all the side hustle income people on the board have.

I'd like to get people's more indepth thoughts on their tax strategy, because I was just thinking that since in 2016, we did nothing to shelter the tradeline income, it's essentially a 30% - 40% haircut for us after paying State and Federal taxes. Getting the taxes right might have have almost made as much a difference as selling twice as many tradelines!

I'm also curious about the FICA aspect, since my wife and I FI/RE'ed before hitting 40 credits, so there might be relavent aspects for other's on the board about how to approach that.

If you disagree, you can continue here, and that other thread will die a sad lonely death :) but I think it is worth breaking off a separate discussion 

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #424 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:26 PM »
Doesn't seem like anyone got the portal email? 

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #425 on: February 02, 2017, 05:17:17 AM »
Doesn't seem like anyone got the portal email?

Nope.

I expect several people will be excited to post in this thread as soon as it arrives....

Including me  ;)

I'm much happier with self-serve than sending emails and relying on someone else to go through and update stuff. I have to type it anyway, might as well type it directly into the system.

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #426 on: February 02, 2017, 08:02:20 AM »
I haven't got any adds yet...its been a month :(

I submitted 5 cards, a chase 9 years old 20k limit, barclays 3 years old 17k limit, capital one 2 years old 30k limit, a chase 4 years old 17k limit and a discover 8 years old 11k limit.

Maybe my cards suck... idk

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
« Reply #427 on: February 02, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »

I submitted 5 cards, a chase 9 years old 20k limit, barclays 3 years old 17k limit, capital one 2 years old 30k limit, a chase 4 years old 17k limit and a discover 8 years old 11k limit.

I talked to the main dude on the phone and he mentioned this was the first time in 10 years they actually had an oversupply of host cards, and they were going to step up their marketing efforts to find more clients. It may take them some time to round up more customers to fill all of our slots.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #428 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:04 AM »

I talked to the main dude on the phone and he mentioned this was the first time in 10 years they actually had an oversupply of host cards, and they were going to step up their marketing efforts to find more clients. It may take them some time to round up more customers to fill all of our slots.

knew this would happen again.  no way they could take the flood.

timmers78

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #429 on: February 02, 2017, 09:57:18 AM »
If a card gets cancelled, are you then "black balled" from that company?   The reason I ask is that I am starting to do some credit card hacking as well and not being allowed to open the neceaaary cards for the hacking would obviously inhibits the success.  Example, I have a Capital One card that I plan to use for tradelines for $250 an AU.  Knowing that Cap One has a higher probability of cancelling, will I have an issue with getting another Cap One card down the road for hacking?  PS, I definitely don't plan to use any my hacking cards for tradelines until after the large bonus points are redeemed.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #430 on: February 02, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
If a card gets cancelled, are you then "black balled" from that company?   The reason I ask is that I am starting to do some credit card hacking as well and not being allowed to open the neceaaary cards for the hacking would obviously inhibits the success.  Example, I have a Capital One card that I plan to use for tradelines for $250 an AU.  Knowing that Cap One has a higher probability of cancelling, will I have an issue with getting another Cap One card down the road for hacking?  PS, I definitely don't plan to use any my hacking cards for tradelines until after the large bonus points are redeemed.

Hacking is pennies compared to this.  I've hacked for 2 years.  500 bucks in on one time sign up bonus you make in one month with that cap one card.  So who really cares ... you should be asking if it gets shutdown will i not be able to get future cards for this system. 

another example my citi AA card gets me 50k points that 2 RT's to hawaii so worht about 2k ... in this system i get 115 up to 4 AUs a month.  if i assume i only get half that.  i make 2760 a year on this card ...

you should be looking to open cards to profit in this system and if you get the travel sign up bonus.  thats just gravy now.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #431 on: February 02, 2017, 11:13:04 AM »
you should be looking to open cards to profit in this system and if you get the travel sign up bonus.  thats just gravy now.

Personally, I am looking at opening cards with all of the "easy" CC companies for tradeline sales.  If this isn't around in 2 years, oh well, but it's very much worth a shot!

timmers78

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #432 on: February 02, 2017, 12:17:27 PM »
I agree that trade lines can be much more profitable than hacking but I only have 1 card that qualifies for tradelines today so in the short term (2 years) travel hacking should save me more money that's a tradeline with Cap One will.  Great point though, do cards cancelled from tradelining prevent you from getting future cards with the company that canceled you?

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #433 on: February 02, 2017, 12:26:47 PM »

Personally, I am looking at opening cards with all of the "easy" CC companies for tradeline sales.  If this isn't around in 2 years, oh well, but it's very much worth a shot!

agreed its what i'm doing.  i've opened up 12 new lines of credit since july when i found out about this

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #434 on: February 02, 2017, 12:52:09 PM »

I was also pretty bummed bc I hadn't gotten any bites on my card (10+ years, 20K+ credit line) and then a few days before the closing date I got one. Good stuff! And then last night, an hour before the customer service line for my bank closed, I got another order, and then another one directly after that! I had to turn down the last one because at that point my bank had closed. But I wasn't expecting the last minute orders, though I am happy with it.

In other related news, USAA is a PITA to add AUs to. I was asked a ridiculous number of questions. Was he a US citizen. What his degree was in. His phone number. His email address. How long he had been employed. I didn't have a lot of that and it was fine, but it makes me wonder if they were suspicious (he had a difficult name and there is a chance I mispronounced it and maybe that tipped them off?) It ended up being fine but I am definitely preparing myself for this card getting shut down. Working on seasoning some other cards in the meantime.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
And then last night, an hour before the customer service line for my bank closed, I got another order, and then another one directly after that! I had to turn down the last one because at that point my bank had closed.

They are only giving you 1 day lead time to add? That doesn't make sense.

hoodedfalcon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2017, 01:05:23 PM »
And then last night, an hour before the customer service line for my bank closed, I got another order, and then another one directly after that! I had to turn down the last one because at that point my bank had closed.

It wasn't even 1 day. It was hours. I hope going forward it isn't that chaotic. But for the amount of money, I am willing to deal with some hassle.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #437 on: February 02, 2017, 01:15:06 PM »

knew this would happen again.  no way they could take the flood.

Of course, none of the companies can, the TL business is small.  This one can in the short term a lot better than any of the other ones, as it's the biggest--Mustachians have already seen more sales with them this first month than with the old company--and due to the affiliate network I mentioned in the comparison posts, it'll be easier for them to bring in new AUs than most companies to be able to ramp up and meet the cardholder demand.

It wasn't even 1 day. It was hours. I hope going forward it isn't that chaotic. But for the amount of money, I am willing to deal with some hassle.

This company definitely has way more "last minute" adds than the old one.  Having to turn down an order sucks though.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #438 on: February 02, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »

I was also pretty bummed bc I hadn't gotten any bites on my card (10+ years, 20K+ credit line) and then a few days before the closing date I got one. Good stuff! And then last night, an hour before the customer service line for my bank closed, I got another order, and then another one directly after that! I had to turn down the last one because at that point my bank had closed. But I wasn't expecting the last minute orders, though I am happy with it.

In other related news, USAA is a PITA to add AUs to. I was asked a ridiculous number of questions. Was he a US citizen. What his degree was in. His phone number. His email address. How long he had been employed. I didn't have a lot of that and it was fine, but it makes me wonder if they were suspicious (he had a difficult name and there is a chance I mispronounced it and maybe that tipped them off?) It ended up being fine but I am definitely preparing myself for this card getting shut down. Working on seasoning some other cards in the meantime.

Myself and a few others have experienced this as well. I wasn't real fond of being asked all those questions. But they didn't seem to really care if I knew the answers. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #439 on: February 02, 2017, 02:09:00 PM »
Might just be the form they fill out ("fill out" being metaphorical, it's likely electronic, of course), and they don't care if the answer is "I don't know."

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #440 on: February 02, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
Might just be the form they fill out ("fill out" being metaphorical, it's likely electronic, of course), and they don't care if the answer is "I don't know."

Could be. I just told the rep since it was my account I prefer all contact info be the same as mine. They were fine with that and understood.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #441 on: February 03, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »
I just got my first two users on my Discover card! Thank you Arebelspy!

Now I have a question , can I add more than one user at a time or is it a separate call for each user?

I also got one request where the first and last names on the CA state ID was different than the fist and last name on the social, meaning the names were reversed, like "Robert Dirk" on social and  Dirk Robert on CA ID.
The name is fictitious, just to show you.

Does anyone have a California ID can confirm LN corresponds to Last name  and FN corresponds to First name?
I am emailing the company  about it. I am also suspicious because the CA id says he has BLK hair and BLK eyes on his ID ( who has black  eyes?)!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:05:03 AM by BikeFanatic »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #442 on: February 03, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »

Now I have a question , can I add more than one user at a time or is it a separate call for each user?

Can't help you with the other ones, but this one is addressed in their FAQ:  " IMPORTANT- Never add or remove more than two (2) AU’s at a time when adding/removing over the phone. Too many adds/removals in one phone call can look suspicious and the customer service rep may ‘flag’ the account for review by a risk/fraud analyst. If this happens, you will not be in any kind of trouble, but if they suspect that you’re adding AU’s just to help boost credit scores, then they may close your account."

That's their advice.  Personally I only add one AU per phone call.  I did remove three AU's in one phone call the other day in contravention to their advice above; oh well, what's done is done.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #443 on: February 03, 2017, 09:31:53 AM »
With Discover you have the ability to add/remove online, so I'd suggest that!

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »

I also got one request where the first and last names on the CA state ID was different than the fist and last name on the social, meaning the names were reversed, like "Robert Dirk" on social and  Dirk Robert on CA ID.
The name is fictitious, just to show you.

Does anyone have a California ID can confirm LN corresponds to Last name  and FN corresponds to First name?
I am emailing the company  about it. I am also suspicious because the CA id says he has BLK hair and BLK eyes on his ID ( who has black  eyes?)!

I think I would refuse on the one.  The reversed names I could understand as some sort of mishap at the DMV... maybe.  Google confirms LN is last name and FN is first name.  I highly doubt they have the option of selecting 'black' as an eye color.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #445 on: February 03, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
With Discover you have the ability to add/remove online, so I'd suggest that!

One weird experience with Discover recently: I had a request to add an AU. I performed online, was going through ok. (One interesting side note, it had the option of choosing which card design I choose for them, or no card at all. I chose "no card", was a nice option). Kept going though ok, and then the last page threw up some kind of error and said I would have to call in. So I called in, thankfully the Discover phone person checked the name I wanted to add, and was able to confirm that the online system had already added them, even though it said to call in. Weird.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #446 on: February 03, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
Thank you for the replies, I will add the next Discover authorized user online.

I reported the suspicious ID to the "New Tradeline  Company" and they replied right away and said they will double check that user that I was concerned about with the black eyes and the reversed  first and last names. They said hold off on adding him until they double check his credentials.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #447 on: February 03, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »
That ID is totally weird, good call not adding. Never seen anything like that, wonder if the ID is a bad photoshop or something? You'd think if you were going to the trouble, you'd get the name right and stuff.  Really weird. I'll be curious to hear what they say.

Definitely add and remove Discover online--super easy.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #448 on: February 03, 2017, 01:50:39 PM »
Got a last minute add. Cool beans.

Will be harder to this when nomadic....

dlawson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #449 on: February 03, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »
So we know that the SallieMae MasterCard is losing its awesome benefits, but recently I've been hearing that the card will no longer be serviced by Barclay once they do their changeover on March 1st. Apparently Commerce will be the new servicing bank, and we'll see a conversion similar to the AmEx --> Citi Costco card.

I assume this means my SallieMae will suddenly become ineligible for tradelines. :( Anyone else dealing with this and have any bright ideas to keep it going? Product change maybe?