Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1149668 times)

solon

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3950 on: April 09, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
I have 4 AU adds that just popped up today with the New Company.  It is the same two people, twice.  They both are to be added on a Barclay card and also on a Discover card.  Both people have an identical address, and when I google it, it is a UPS store.  Should I be concerned at all by doing these adds?

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I'd contact New Company and tell them exactly what you just told us. See what they say.

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3951 on: April 09, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »
I have 4 AU adds that just popped up today with the New Company.  It is the same two people, twice.  They both are to be added on a Barclay card and also on a Discover card.  Both people have an identical address, and when I google it, it is a UPS store.  Should I be concerned at all by doing these adds?

It wouldn't hurt to contact the TL company, but on the surface, this seems fairly reasonable.

If a customer wants a bigger boost to their credit score, then buying two slots is better than one, and I believe the TL company may intentionally give two slots from the same cardholder to reduce the chance that something goes wrong and only one of the two will post.

Plenty of people use mailboxes at UPS for businesses, or when they want better privacy, or if they are on the road/moving around frequently. These two people are likely partners (either in business or relationship) and are planning to jointly apply for a mortgage, business loan, etc, so they both wanted to boost their scores similarly.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3952 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
The new company told me that they sometimes bundle cards and sell the package.  They asked me to get the same closing date on my 4 cards, which I did.  I think I've had 1 AU from them since.  :unamused:

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3953 on: April 13, 2020, 10:08:59 AM »
My first guess would be that it is likely a couple (unmarried or married without name change) looking to improve credit scores for both of them in advance of a joint major purchase. If they are approaching the purchase with similar credit and need their combined income to qualify for the loan, it could make sense to purchase the same tradeline slots for both of them. No harm in asking the TL company to make sure it is OK though.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3954 on: April 15, 2020, 04:15:00 AM »
Is it normal to have the transaction in a pending state 2 weeks after adding AU with the new company?

PointsLawyer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3955 on: April 15, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
Unfortunately I gave up on this gig some time ago. Discover closed my account back in 2018 and they would never give me any information about exactly why, but AUs is the only thing I can fathom. I haven't had any luck with AUs on my Citi card. They never seem to report properly despite following the instructions to call in and add SSN and so on.

Has anyone had any luck opening a new Discover card after getting an account closed? I would like to get another one but not sure how long I should wait or if they will ever give me another one.

I think you can sue them for canceling without telling you.  You'll have to search this thread but I know some ppl got a cash settlement from discover for this very reason.  Somone on here is an attorney and handled it for them.

@PointsLawyer.

Thanks so much, everybody for keeping my name out there. I wish I could be more active here, but wife and I just had yet another baby (I know, very un-mustachian of me :) ).

I've wrapped up 95% of my Discover cases at this point. I was very pleased with the outcomes (I like to think the clients were too)!

We've adjusted the laser on USAA. I had three great rulings from the last month or so soundly defeating their defenses to closures. All that is to say, there's still lots of opportunities if you're closed by, not just USAA but, any of these banks (whether it's for piggybacking or playing the points/miles games).

If I can ever be of help, please let me know! You can always shoot me an email at Darr [at] Darr . Law

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3956 on: April 16, 2020, 10:54:57 AM »
Just had my bank of america account shut down for irregular AU activity.  My wife just got the letter at home and I'm at work, so I haven't read it yet.  Bummer, that was an old ass account with high limits.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3957 on: April 16, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »
Just had my bank of america account shut down for irregular AU activity.  My wife just got the letter at home and I'm at work, so I haven't read it yet.  Bummer, that was an old ass account with high limits.

See the post directly above yours. Contact that guy!

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3958 on: April 16, 2020, 11:23:18 AM »
How many AUs have you had on that card?

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3959 on: April 16, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »

I thought that was only applicable when they blew you off and didn't give you a specific reason?  It sounds like they very clearly called me out on my AU usage as the reason to shut it down.  I'll have to read the letter when I get home.

I don't remember how many AU I've added.  I'd have to log in and check when I get home.

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #3960 on: April 16, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »

At least one of the companies does warn that BofA is more likely to shut down accounts.

I personally would be curious - if you're willing to share and have the data - if your AU activity ever exceeded the recommendations of the company you were using.  The company I use recommends a max of 2 AUs at a time and leaving AUs on for 4 months for BofA cards.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3961 on: April 16, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »

At least one of the companies does warn that BofA is more likely to shut down accounts.

I personally would be curious - if you're willing to share and have the data - if your AU activity ever exceeded the recommendations of the company you were using.  The company I use recommends a max of 2 AUs at a time and leaving AUs on for 4 months for BofA cards.

I added 6 AU total, never exceeded 2 simultaneously.

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3962 on: April 16, 2020, 04:49:29 PM »

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

Thanks for the data point.  Do you know if you left them on for 4 months each?

(I'm not trying to be critical.  I'm just trying to use others' experiences to assess whether my current MO is appropriate or too conservative or too risky.)

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3963 on: April 16, 2020, 04:52:27 PM »

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

(I'm not trying to be critical.  I'm just trying to use others' experiences to assess whether my current MO is appropriate or too conservative or too risky.)

I did whatever the TL company asked (I don't remember if it's the new or old company, it's the one with Cliff).  It looks like it was around 3 months for each add between add and remove date. 

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3964 on: April 16, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »

Feb 2018
Mar 2018
Jun 2018
Jul 2018
Sep 2018
Dec 2019

I did whatever the TL company asked (I don't remember if it's the new or old company, it's the one with Cliff).  It looks like it was around 3 months for each add between add and remove date.

Thanks again for the information.

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3965 on: April 16, 2020, 07:17:13 PM »
The good thing about bofa shut down is that they don't black list you and you can reapply for new cards.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3966 on: April 17, 2020, 04:52:25 AM »

I thought that was only applicable when they blew you off and didn't give you a specific reason?  It sounds like they very clearly called me out on my AU usage as the reason to shut it down.  I'll have to read the letter when I get home.

I don't remember how many AU I've added.  I'd have to log in and check when I get home.
How do you check online your AUs?

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3967 on: April 17, 2020, 05:47:11 AM »

I checked in the tradeline company's portal. 

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3968 on: April 17, 2020, 06:17:19 AM »

Ok, thanks

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3969 on: April 17, 2020, 06:31:38 AM »

SO what did the latter exactly say?

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3970 on: April 17, 2020, 06:47:09 AM »

Quote from: BoA buttholes
Credit card ending in: XXXX

Frugalnacho:

Unfortunately, we've made the decision to close your credit card. Here's what you need to know.
We carefully reviewed your account history, credit report(s) provided by the credit reporting agency(ies) listed below and current economic and loss trends. We also considered your relationship with us and, unfortunately, we had to close your account because of the following reason(s):
Irregular authorized user activity on one or more of your accounts

You'll also find important information on Page 2 in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act Notice.
Things you need to do
Keep making your monthly payments. You'll continue to get a monthly statement until your account balance is paid in full. You can still use Mobile and Online Banking to see your account and make your payments.
Cancel any recurring payments. Contact any businesses that are billing your account to cancel the payments and make other payment arrangements. This will help you avoid fees or service interruptions.
Destroy any credit cards and cash advance checks associated with this account. We won't process any more transactions on this account.
Make other arrangements for overdraft protection. If your account is enrolled in overdraft protection, it can no longer be used to provide this service.

We're here to help
We want you to be financially successful. Learn more about understanding credit in the enclosed brochure and on our Better Money Habits website, which provides tools and information to help you manage your money. We hope you'll check it out at
bettermoneyhabits.com/healthycredit.
Let us know if you have any questions about this decision by writing to us at Bank of America, PO Box 982235, El Paso, TX 79998-2235.
Want to know more about your credit?
Since you have the right to a free copy of your credit report, we recommend you start there to get the best understanding.

Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone
number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions

The Fair Credit Reporting Act Notice on page 2 provides details about your right to know the information in your credit report.
Please see the important disclosures on the next page

FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT NOTICE
The credit reporting agency indicated in this letter did not make the decision to take adverse action and is unable to provide you with the specific reasons why this action was taken. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your consumer report by contacting the credit reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. You also have the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer report.
EQUAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITY ACT NOTICE
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning Bank of America, N.A., 100 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255, is the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, 1700 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.
CREDIT SCORE DISCLOSURE
Your credit score, a FICO score, used by us in taking the above action is 807, which was created on April 09, 2020 and provided by a credit reporting agency, Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions. The range of possible scores is 300 to 850. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.
The key factors that adversely affected your credit score are:
Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
Too many accounts with balances
Too many inquiries last 12 months
Length of time revolving accounts have been established
Please note that these factors relate only to your credit score. The reason(s) for our credit decision are given separately at the beginning of this letter. If you have questions regarding your credit score or the factors affecting the score, please contact Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is www.transunion.com/myoptions.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3971 on: April 17, 2020, 06:52:50 AM »

Quote from: BoA buttholes
Credit card ending in: XXXX

Frugalnacho:

Unfortunately, we've made the decision to close your credit card. Here's what you need to know.
We carefully reviewed your account history, credit report(s) provided by the credit reporting agency(ies) listed below and current economic and loss trends. We also considered your relationship with us and, unfortunately, we had to close your account because of the following reason(s):
Irregular authorized user activity on one or more of your accounts

You'll also find important information on Page 2 in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act Notice.
Things you need to do
Keep making your monthly payments. You'll continue to get a monthly statement until your account balance is paid in full. You can still use Mobile and Online Banking to see your account and make your payments.
Cancel any recurring payments. Contact any businesses that are billing your account to cancel the payments and make other payment arrangements. This will help you avoid fees or service interruptions.
Destroy any credit cards and cash advance checks associated with this account. We won't process any more transactions on this account.
Make other arrangements for overdraft protection. If your account is enrolled in overdraft protection, it can no longer be used to provide this service.

We're here to help
We want you to be financially successful. Learn more about understanding credit in the enclosed brochure and on our Better Money Habits website, which provides tools and information to help you manage your money. We hope you'll check it out at
bettermoneyhabits.com/healthycredit.
Let us know if you have any questions about this decision by writing to us at Bank of America, PO Box 982235, El Paso, TX 79998-2235.
Want to know more about your credit?
Since you have the right to a free copy of your credit report, we recommend you start there to get the best understanding.

Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone
number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions

The Fair Credit Reporting Act Notice on page 2 provides details about your right to know the information in your credit report.
Please see the important disclosures on the next page

FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT NOTICE
The credit reporting agency indicated in this letter did not make the decision to take adverse action and is unable to provide you with the specific reasons why this action was taken. You have the right to obtain a free copy of your consumer report by contacting the credit reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. You also have the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer report.
EQUAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITY ACT NOTICE
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning Bank of America, N.A., 100 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255, is the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, 1700 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.
CREDIT SCORE DISCLOSURE
Your credit score, a FICO score, used by us in taking the above action is 807, which was created on April 09, 2020 and provided by a credit reporting agency, Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is
www.transunion.com/myoptions. The range of possible scores is 300 to 850. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.
The key factors that adversely affected your credit score are:
Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
Too many accounts with balances
Too many inquiries last 12 months
Length of time revolving accounts have been established
Please note that these factors relate only to your credit score. The reason(s) for our credit decision are given separately at the beginning of this letter. If you have questions regarding your credit score or the factors affecting the score, please contact Trans Union, PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016-1000. Their phone number is 1.800.888.4213 and their website is www.transunion.com/myoptions.
Thanks.  do you only have one CC with them?

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3972 on: April 17, 2020, 07:15:43 AM »
Yes that was my only account with them.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3973 on: April 17, 2020, 07:33:34 AM »
I'm wondering if you have more than one CC if they close them all or just the one that had AUs

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3974 on: April 17, 2020, 08:15:19 AM »
I'm wondering if you have more than one CC if they close them all or just the one that had AUs

They only close the accounts in question.

Data point: In 2017, I had 3 CCs with them, 2 used for selling tradelines.  Both of those were shut down, my last CC wasn't.  I have since opened 2 more CCs with BofA, back up to 3 total.  I'm letting them season to drop them back into the AU game soon.

So:
- Bofa only closes the AU cards.
- They don't blacklist you from applying for new cards afterwards.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3975 on: April 17, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »

Data point: In 2017, I had 3 CCs with them, 2 used for selling tradelines.  Both of those were shut down, my last CC wasn't.  I have since opened 2 more CCs with BofA, back up to 3 total.  I'm letting them season to drop them back into the AU game soon.

So:
Thanks, good to know!

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3976 on: April 17, 2020, 10:09:35 AM »

So:

Good data point, and tracks with what the tradeline companies say.

Do note that this behavior varies by issuer.  I believe Chase will close all accounts (credit cards and bank accounts) and I think they blacklist you for a while if not forever.  However I think Chase is also singular in their zeal; most other CC companies are more like BofA.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3977 on: April 17, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »
Thanks PointsLawyer for the Discover card settlement.

As it turns out Discover did provide a 1099 for the settlement, but I am ready for that and know how to do the taxes for it.

px4shooter

• Stubble
« Reply #3978 on: April 17, 2020, 08:09:21 PM »
My first guess would be that it is likely a couple (unmarried or married without name change) looking to improve credit scores for both of them in advance of a joint major purchase. If they are approaching the purchase with similar credit and need their combined income to qualify for the loan, it could make sense to purchase the same tradeline slots for both of them. No harm in asking the TL company to make sure it is OK though.

That could be. But it seems more like it is a synthetic identity being created.

BikeFanatic

• Bristles
« Reply #3979 on: April 18, 2020, 06:37:58 AM »
RE Bank of America I had two newish cards with them, say a year old each. I used both for trade lines and was shut down after a few months. They shut both cards that had tradelines on them. I may have added 3 ton4 on each card. I have not applied for another card again, it has been 2.5 years.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3980 on: April 18, 2020, 07:20:39 AM »
RE Bank of America I had two newish cards with them, say a year old each. I used both for trade lines and was shut down after a few months. They shut both cards that had tradelines on them. I may have added 3 ton4 on each card. I have not applied for another card again, it has been 2.5 years.
I was advised to never use more than one card for trade lines from the same bank

BikeFanatic

• Bristles
« Reply #3981 on: April 18, 2020, 07:35:10 AM »
That is interesting about not using the same bank cards, could be an important data point  regarding shutdowns thatís missing.
Currently I have been using only one card per bank and have not been shut down in years. I have had to answer to fraud department a few times with TD bank and discover. But I continue to add tradelines up until the recommended amount. Discover 2or 3 users at a time. Barclays up to 5, Citibank up to 3, Capital One 2 maybe 3 max.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3982 on: April 18, 2020, 07:39:15 AM »
That is interesting about not using the same bank cards, could be an important data point  regarding shutdowns thatís missing.

Yes, interesting.

On a good note, Barclays doesn't care about that. 

BikeFanatic

• Bristles
« Reply #3983 on: April 18, 2020, 07:43:13 AM »
I love Barclays they are so laid back. My next card is a 2 year old Barclays, I feel that I am coming to the plateau of AU, that I can add to my old Barclays, so I hope you are right and I can chug along with the newer card when the inevitable 30 or 35 user endpoint arrives. I wonder if Discover has something similar?

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3984 on: April 18, 2020, 07:56:01 AM »
Currently I have been using only one card per bank and have not been shut down in years. I have had to answer to fraud department a few times with TD bank and discover. But I continue to add tradelines up until the recommended amount. Discover 2or 3 users at a time. Barclays up to 5, Citibank up to 3, Capital One 2 maybe 3 max.
I believe that's in the old company's instructions.

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3985 on: April 18, 2020, 11:50:37 AM »

I've used multiple cards at USBank and Chase and haven't had any cards shut down, and I've been piggybacking for about 2 1/2 years.

I do follow virtually all TL company recommendations and work with the TL companies recommended by ARS.  I think those two steps, plus decent social engineering skills with CSRs, are largely but probably not 100% protective.

It's also probably a good time to mention again the recommendation (I'm pretty sure it's in the OP and/or the TL instructions) that you only piggyback with cards and companies that you're OK with getting shut down.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3986 on: April 18, 2020, 12:51:29 PM »
I love Barclays they are so laid back. My next card is a 2 year old Barclays, I feel that I am coming to the plateau of AU, that I can add to my old Barclays, so I hope you are right and I can chug along with the newer card when the inevitable 30 or 35 user endpoint arrives. I wonder if Discover has something similar?
Barclays is the best. So easy to add and remove AU's. Exactly zero issues to this point. I've got one BofA card and had I think 3 or 4 spots sold last year, so not a lot. Still up and running. My highest value card is USAA but I cringe every time I get an AU add with them.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3987 on: April 18, 2020, 04:54:30 PM »
I've got 2 with Barclays and 2 with US Bank.  They're all in the old company's new/low limit program.  I literally get 2 AUs on each card every period (2 months).  I've had no problem with any of them.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3988 on: April 18, 2020, 05:20:21 PM »
Any tips on credit line increase requests with Barclays? I tried to increase my credit line a few months ago but they declined and said that I already had enough between 3 or 4 cards I had with them at the time.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3989 on: April 18, 2020, 07:01:43 PM »
Any tips on credit line increase requests with Barclays? I tried to increase my credit line a few months ago but they declined and said that I already had enough between 3 or 4 cards I had with them at the time.

Probably not helpful but I have found over many years that Barclays is very conservative with credit limits.  I think they also do a hard pull if you request the increase.  May not be worth the hard pull.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3990 on: April 30, 2020, 06:31:49 AM »
I recently received two adds on my BofA card. I noticed the "when to remove" dates are 4 and 5 months out. Could be a new change to help prevent shutdowns. I'm cool with that as those slots weren't getting filled much anyways.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3991 on: April 30, 2020, 09:49:43 AM »

Probably not helpful but I have found over many years that Barclays is very conservative with credit limits.  I think they also do a hard pull if you request the increase.  May not be worth the hard pull.

My experience with Barclays: they wouldn't approve more than 4 cards at any one time for me or my wife. Our total credit limit is identical across all of our cards ($42,000 each), so I'm guessing they peg that to a percentage of your total self reported income (in our case 28%). If you want a higher limit, you can always update your income information and then make the request. No guarantees this will work, but if you are going to risk the hard inquiry (can confirm) it would be worth doing.

My wife and I also recently hit the limit of AU on one card each. I added them up and it was 30 users on each card. Once I get notification to remove the final user on each of those accounts, I will be closing them and applying for another card. Barclays is by far the best issuer for selling tradelines. I have offered (and sold) as many as six slots with each of my cards and have had exactly ZERO issues. If you're just getting into the credit card churning game, there are better cards to get for the sign up bonus (though Barclays does have some decent ones). But if you're looking to get into the tradeline sales game, Barclays is the way to go, hands down. I have made just under $10,000 over the past 4 years on just those cards alone. The rest of my cards barely total $3,000 and are much more painful for adds, removals, or both.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3992 on: April 30, 2020, 02:10:53 PM »

My experience with Barclays: they wouldn't approve more than 4 cards at any one time for me or my wife. Our total credit limit is identical across all of our cards ($42,000 each), so I'm guessing they peg that to a percentage of your total self reported income (in our case 28%). If you want a higher limit, you can always update your income information and then make the request. No guarantees this will work, but if you are going to risk the hard inquiry (can confirm) it would be worth doing.

My wife and I also recently hit the limit of AU on one card each. I added them up and it was 30 users on each card. Once I get notification to remove the final user on each of those accounts, I will be closing them and applying for another card. Barclays is by far the best issuer for selling tradelines. I have offered (and sold) as many as six slots with each of my cards and have had exactly ZERO issues. If you're just getting into the credit card churning game, there are better cards to get for the sign up bonus (though Barclays does have some decent ones). But if you're looking to get into the tradeline sales game, Barclays is the way to go, hands down. I have made just under $10,000 over the past 4 years on just those cards alone. The rest of my cards barely total $3,000 and are much more painful for adds, removals, or both.
I was just looking through the Barclay offerings yesterday. My spouse and I both fell back under 5/24 and hit the Chase cards pretty hard for a bit. I am thinking long(er) term for selling tradelines. We have a couple Barclaycards in the system that sell routinely. I see Barclays has quite a few offerings. Wondering if they all will work for tradelines? Honestly I don't know that I can get any use from any of the sign up bonuses. Already have the Arrival and Aviator cards.

Catica

• Bristles
With the new company how long does it take for the AU to post?  I added an AU in March and it still showing as pending on their portal.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
With the new company how long does it take for the AU to post?  I added an AU in March and it still showing as pending on their portal.

Sometimes it takes a while. I don't think that's unusual.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache

I was just looking through the Barclay offerings yesterday. My spouse and I both fell back under 5/24 and hit the Chase cards pretty hard for a bit. I am thinking long(er) term for selling tradelines. We have a couple Barclaycards in the system that sell routinely. I see Barclays has quite a few offerings. Wondering if they all will work for tradelines? Honestly I don't know that I can get any use from any of the sign up bonuses. Already have the Arrival and Aviator cards.

I've opened several of their cards with little regard to the bonuses. The Uber card initially offered $100 cash back, but then changed it to $100 Uber Cash (which I have no use for). As far as I know they should all work for selling tradelines. If you're opening it for that specific purpose I would stick to the ones with no annual fee.

Michael in ABQ

• Pencil Stache
    • Military Saints

I've opened several of their cards with little regard to the bonuses. The Uber card initially offered $100 cash back, but then changed it to $100 Uber Cash (which I have no use for). As far as I know they should all work for selling tradelines. If you're opening it for that specific purpose I would stick to the ones with no annual fee.

I have the Arrival card which provided a pretty nice bonus but when I looked at the rest of their cards none really made sense to me. I don't plan on flying anywhere for a while, and if I did it would probably not be with any of the airlines they have cards for. I've got a 15k limit on the Arrival card. When you opened additional accounts did they provide you with a similar limit to the ones you already had? If I'm going to open a new CC a few hundred dollars in signup bonus now seems a better deal than being able to sell tradelines in a year or two - and maybe not getting any sales with a new or lower limit card. I added one newer card with the old company when they were accepting those about six months ago and nothing yet. I guess in a year or two after the recession there will probably be an uptick in people looking to fix their credit. So maybe now is the time to start seasoning some cards.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
Hey Michael.  I think that cards added at the old company can take 6 months to start to get AUs but then they'll become pretty regular.  I've got a bunch of new/low limit ones with them from the first time they did it and one from 6 months ago.  The first round ones get 2 AUs every period (2 months) and the newest add got it's first AU this week.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache

I have the Arrival card which provided a pretty nice bonus but when I looked at the rest of their cards none really made sense to me. I don't plan on flying anywhere for a while, and if I did it would probably not be with any of the airlines they have cards for. I've got a 15k limit on the Arrival card. When you opened additional accounts did they provide you with a similar limit to the ones you already had? If I'm going to open a new CC a few hundred dollars in signup bonus now seems a better deal than being able to sell tradelines in a year or two - and maybe not getting any sales with a new or lower limit card. I added one newer card with the old company when they were accepting those about six months ago and nothing yet. I guess in a year or two after the recession there will probably be an uptick in people looking to fix their credit. So maybe now is the time to start seasoning some cards.

Even a $500 bonus now pales in comparison to thousands in potential tradeline sales with another Barclaycard. I have opened BofA and other cards over the last year or so for bonuses and future tradeline sales. Since we can't travel we have a backlog of miles and points that we keep piling on. I might just go ahead and open a couple more Barclaycards and sock drawer them for now.

Michael in ABQ

• Pencil Stache
    • Military Saints
Hey Michael.  I think that cards added at the old company can take 6 months to start to get AUs but then they'll become pretty regular.  I've got a bunch of new/low limit ones with them from the first time they did it and one from 6 months ago.  The first round ones get 2 AUs every period (2 months) and the newest add got it's first AU this week.

That's good to hear. I was late in adding a new/low limit card but since I started the process they let me complete it in December. Hopefully I start seeing some activity on it soon.

Quote from: MasterStache
Even a $500 bonus now pales in comparison to thousands in potential tradeline sales with another Barclaycard. I have opened BofA and other cards over the last year or so for bonuses and future tradeline sales. Since we can't travel we have a backlog of miles and points that we keep piling on. I might just go ahead and open a couple more Barclaycards and sock drawer them for now.

So I just requested a $7,000 increase in my credit line through the Barclay's website and an hour or two later got an email that it was approved. That card just hit the one year mark (and $89 annual fee) So when I get that one enrolled it will be paying quite a bit more. The old company tier is $10-15k and $15,001-20k then $20-30k so now that I'm at $22k it jumped from $75 to $175.

Maybe in a couple of days I'll sign up for another one. I've got an easy way to manufacture spending for an investment account so I can easily hit whatever sign-up bonus there might be then just let it season.