Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1101946 times)

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3850 on: February 04, 2020, 04:48:24 PM »
Is there a way to add AUs to Citicards without having them send you actual cards? I know that it's easy to do with Barclays for example. Never figured out how to do it with Citi.

AKS74U

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3851 on: February 04, 2020, 04:59:38 PM »
From the new company regarding payout date:  10 weeks after the closing date

It's been 12+ weeks and still no payment nor any response from the owner to my repeated inquiries about my payment. It was my only sale with new company last year. Very disappointing to say the least. But I am also not sweating it. Old company is just a pleasure to work with and they have been getting all my cards.

I feel your pain. You would think after years of dropping the ball on untimely payments/non responsiveness, they would have figured out a better system.

I am seriously so annoyed with the new company. I've only had 3 adds with them over the last year, and I have not gotten paid within 2 months of "on-time" (11 weeks after is what they told me is standard) and have had to send follow-up after follow-up email. I'm so frustrated! I just emailed Cliff for the 3rd time about my AU added in September 2019. After I get paid for my last add I am DONE with them. It's not worth the hassle of chasing down my payment every. single. time. ACCKK!

I am leaving them too. I just need to remove a couple users and get paid. they owe me $1000+. Ive been asking about payment since november, Erica and Cliff, no answers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:01:21 PM by AKS74U »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3852 on: February 04, 2020, 05:15:50 PM »
Ugh. Sounds like the late payment issues have gotten way worse. I've contacted them for a few people and been able to get payment, but this sounds pretty widespread. As always, anyone can feel free to PM me with issues.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and are now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about us, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out our Now page to see what we're up to currently.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3853 on: February 05, 2020, 07:52:29 AM »
Ugh. Sounds like the late payment issues have gotten way worse. I've contacted them for a few people and been able to get payment, but this sounds pretty widespread. As always, anyone can feel free to PM me with issues.

Yes, I do think it has gotten much worse over time. I keep track of order dates and payment dates (see image attached), and early 2018 I was paid ~60 days after the order, then late 2018 it went up to ~70s, ~90s, and 128. I've got an April 2019 add that I haven't been paid for (in fairness, I didn't notice until December), and I got an email yesterday that that payment would be going out immediately.

When I emailed E as a second point of contact, she said that C was the only one who could handle payment issues and he's been particularly busy lately with a new portal about to launch, which is an explanation but not really good business practice.

Kcinegnet

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Slowly, but Shirley?
« Reply #3854 on: February 05, 2020, 08:25:19 AM »
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why we are not using the direct names of the tradeline companies?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3855 on: February 05, 2020, 11:30:29 AM »
Something I just happened to notice.  Closing dates change.  Is there any standard practice to notify the TL company?  I was updating my spread sheet and noticed that the closing date the TL has and what's on my last statement is now about half a month apart.  Or am I wrong here?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3856 on: February 05, 2020, 11:38:23 AM »
Something I just happened to notice.  Closing dates change.  Is there any standard practice to notify the TL company?  I was updating my spread sheet and noticed that the closing date the TL has and what's on my last statement is now about half a month apart.  Or am I wrong here?

I would notify them. That's a pretty crucial piece of info.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and are now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about us, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out our Now page to see what we're up to currently.

EliteZags

• Stubble
« Reply #3857 on: February 05, 2020, 11:59:49 AM »
anyone else have a fraud alert on their credit report and seen any issues with AU's posting?

I recently put one on mine due to a recurring identity theft issue starting from years ago(unrelated to and preceeding any tradeline activity), which requires additional verification for any new CC accounts I open. Just tried adding several AMEX AU's online and it said applications pending verification, I called and they just needed some identity verification info to complete the adds. Not sure if every add I'll make with other cards (I also have Chase/Citi/Barclays) will just require another phone verification or could the fraud alert jeopardize the posting in some way?

fyi recently started with a company that takes AMEX although since it doesn't backdate and only posts as a new acct it's only $25 but sells frequently and easy add/removal process, just sold 5 at a time month 1. The company said they've added up to 99 users on a card without any risk of shut down, the most AMEX has ever requested is proof of income verification
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:03:00 PM by EliteZags »

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3858 on: February 05, 2020, 12:02:53 PM »
@EliteZags which company accepts AMEX cards for tradelines? I thought nobody accepted amex?

EliteZags

• Stubble
« Reply #3859 on: February 05, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »
I can PM the info to anyone interested

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3860 on: February 05, 2020, 12:34:00 PM »
Yes, can you pm me please?

jojoguy

• Bristles
« Reply #3861 on: February 05, 2020, 12:41:47 PM »
I am somewhat branching away from topic here. I have been churning credit cards for the last year and a half and trying to plan ahead to jump into this venture as well. I just got rejected in applying for a Capital One Savor One card. This is the first time I have been rejected for anything as my credit score has been hovering between 805-810. I think that I got rejected because I got the Capital One Quicksilver back in December. I got a little greedy. If you are rejected, how long will it take to apply for the same card or same credit card company again?

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3862 on: February 05, 2020, 12:49:16 PM »
Doctor of credit is probably the best source of information about credit card applications, churning restrictions etc

jojoguy

• Bristles
« Reply #3863 on: February 05, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »
Doctor of credit is probably the best source of information about credit card applications, churning restrictions etc

Thanks. Ah, I see why my application was rejected now. I didn`t know that Capital One limits one card per 6 months.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3864 on: February 05, 2020, 01:22:50 PM »

Thanks. Ah, I see why my application was rejected now. I didn`t know that Capital One limits one card per 6 months.

capital one is finicky.  I don't even have a CO card (neither does my wife) and we were both rejected when we applied.  I don't think you could find better candidates for a CC than me and my wife, so their rejection sticks out as really weird to me.  Of course this doesn't stop them from spamming the shit out of my address with applications for their cards.

chuckster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3865 on: February 05, 2020, 01:46:01 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why we are not using the direct names of the tradeline companies?

Trying to keep the info out of Google

Michael in ABQ

• Pencil Stache
    • Military Saints
« Reply #3866 on: February 05, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »

I was successful in signing up for that card (with the very nice $500 cashback bonus). However, in reading the comments it sounds like they're really looking for people they can make money off of, i.e. not people with excellent credit who have never made a late payment and don't carry large balances.

Nate79

• Stubble
« Reply #3867 on: February 05, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »
From the new company regarding payout date:  10 weeks after the closing date

It's been 12+ weeks and still no payment nor any response from the owner to my repeated inquiries about my payment. It was my only sale with new company last year. Very disappointing to say the least. But I am also not sweating it. Old company is just a pleasure to work with and they have been getting all my cards.

I feel your pain. You would think after years of dropping the ball on untimely payments/non responsiveness, they would have figured out a better system.

I am seriously so annoyed with the new company. I've only had 3 adds with them over the last year, and I have not gotten paid within 2 months of "on-time" (11 weeks after is what they told me is standard) and have had to send follow-up after follow-up email. I'm so frustrated! I just emailed Cliff for the 3rd time about my AU added in September 2019. After I get paid for my last add I am DONE with them. It's not worth the hassle of chasing down my payment every. single. time. ACCKK!

I am leaving them too. I just need to remove a couple users and get paid. they owe me $1000+. Ive been asking about payment since november, Erica and Cliff, no answers.
Same issue here. No payment for months and response has been almost non existent. And when Cliff does respond and says they will pay it never happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3868 on: February 06, 2020, 07:19:11 AM »
I was rejected also for a Savor card.  They gave the reason as being too many cards applied for in the last 2 years.  Note that none of those cards applied for were cap one cards.  So they're more restrictive than even Chase.  I forget the max cap one allows, but remember noting it was far worse than Chase is.

Kcinegnet

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Slowly, but Shirley?
« Reply #3869 on: February 06, 2020, 09:29:17 AM »
@EliteZags I too am interested in Amex tradeline company. I also am looking for other companies if others have suggestions. My previous companies have gone out of business or are selling poorly. Most of my cards are under 3 years old but between $4000 & $13,000. I'd be glad to mention you referred me.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3870 on: February 07, 2020, 08:36:25 AM »
@EliteZags I too am interested in Amex tradeline company. I also am looking for other companies if others have suggestions. My previous companies have gone out of business or are selling poorly. Most of my cards are under 3 years old but between $4000 & $13,000. I'd be glad to mention you referred me.

Be very afraid.

Do you know how to vet a tradeline company to know that they're keeping your information secure?  Do you know how to determine that the SEC isn't going to include you in a fraud conspiracy charge?  Are you ok with adding an AU and then having the tradeline company say you're not getting paid, take down the AU because they paid their fee with a stolen credit card?

PM arebelspy for the companies.  Then email the company using Joe's referral.  He gets some money for that and deserves it in my opinion because he's done the legwork.  It's easy to find companies who will take any card you have.  Then things go wrong and you can only blame yourself for not even knowing what to check.  Don't get greedy and careless.  This ain't no party.  This ain't no disco.  This ain't no foolin' around.

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3871 on: February 07, 2020, 09:59:43 AM »
Also, AMEX cards don't work because authorized users on AMEX cards do NOT inherit the card history. 

ie.  If you had you amex open since 2010, but added an AU on 01/2020, on the AU's credit report, it will show a new AMEX card starting on 01/2020 for them, not 2010.

If a tradeline company claims to be able to accept AMEX cards, they are lying to you. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3872 on: February 07, 2020, 10:15:40 AM »
Unfortunately both old and new company aren't accepting new cards right now, unless they're very old/high limit.

I wish I could find other TL companies that vet AUs well, but it's a more expensive/complicated process and most just don't bother.

I keep searching, but just hear bad stories. Unfortunate.

Also, AMEX cards don't work because authorized users on AMEX cards do NOT inherit the card history. 

ie.  If you had you amex open since 2010, but added an AU on 01/2020, on the AU's credit report, it will show a new AMEX card starting on 01/2020 for them, not 2010.

If a tradeline company claims to be able to accept AMEX cards, they are lying to you. 

I mean they CAN accept Amex, it just doesn't really help them in terms of credit age, it only helps their limit.

For someone with an average age that's quite old, but has lots of debt, adding an Amex would lower their DTI, but worsen their average age.

For most users it wouldn't help, and likely could hurt, so that's why most don't accept it, or use other card issuers.

Apparently that company uses them, but pays very low. Doesn't seem worth it to me, but YMMV.

EliteZags

• Stubble
« Reply #3873 on: February 07, 2020, 10:39:04 AM »

that's why the rate is only $25 but they sell high volume and never have issues from Amex, took 5 minutes to add 5 AU's online and I don't use the card a ton anyways
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:42:38 AM by EliteZags »

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3874 on: February 07, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
ARS, how does adding someone as a AU change their DTI? Don't their debt and income stay the same?

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3875 on: February 07, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
ARS, how does adding someone as a AU change their DTI? Don't their debt and income stay the same?
Pretty sure he meant credit utilization ratio.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3876 on: February 07, 2020, 11:19:09 AM »
Pretty sure he meant credit utilization ratio.
I did, thanks for the clarification. :)

frogstomp81

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3877 on: February 07, 2020, 07:42:52 PM »
What other credit card companies(that work for tradelines) have a completely online system for adding AUs? I have USAA, Discover, CapitalOne and Barclays currently. Calling in every time for USAA can be a bit of a hassle sometimes. Trying to get a few more cards seasoning for if/when cards start getting accepted again. Also, does anyone know if I can add my wife's cards to my account too?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3878 on: February 07, 2020, 08:37:35 PM »
Also, does anyone know if I can add my wife's cards to my account too?

With old company, you can do under your account or establish a second account.  Up to you/wife.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3879 on: February 07, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »
Unfortunately both old and new company aren't accepting new cards right now, unless they're very old/high limit.

Thanks again @arebelspy for sharing this little side business with the rest of us.

Question: Do you know what the old company is looking for these days in terms of cards?  Wondering if you know the current definition of 'high limit'.  I have some I would like to add but they were not the right fit the last time they opened up for new cards.  Thanks for any info!

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #3880 on: February 07, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »
What other credit card companies(that work for tradelines) have a completely online system for adding AUs? I have USAA, Discover, CapitalOne and Barclays currently. Calling in every time for USAA can be a bit of a hassle sometimes. Trying to get a few more cards seasoning for if/when cards start getting accepted again. Also, does anyone know if I can add my wife's cards to my account too?

Chase and Barclays are the ones I know for sure.  USBank you have to call in for adds, but can SM to remove.  I've shifted to SMs to remove in all cases just because it's easiest for me that way and seems to work just fine.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3881 on: February 08, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »

Chase and Barclays are the ones I know for sure.  USBank you have to call in for adds, but can SM to remove.  I've shifted to SMs to remove in all cases just because it's easiest for me that way and seems to work just fine.

Another one is Elan.  Fidelity Rewards card in my case.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3882 on: February 08, 2020, 08:32:01 PM »

Thanks again @arebelspy for sharing this little side business with the rest of us.

Question: Do you know what the old company is looking for these days in terms of cards?  Wondering if you know the current definition of 'high limit'.  I have some I would like to add but they were not the right fit the last time they opened up for new cards.  Thanks for any info!
At least 20k, sometimes 30. They fluctuate based on need.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3883 on: February 09, 2020, 07:20:08 AM »

[/quote]At least 20k, sometimes 30. They fluctuate based on need.
[/quote]

Thanks ARS!

I may need to contact Barclay about combining some CL's then.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3884 on: February 11, 2020, 08:49:22 AM »

USBank:  top: Customer service .... then Self Service .... then Add Authorized User

:D

As of a month ago, old company was accepting old credit over $20k.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:50:57 AM by Car Jack »

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3885 on: February 11, 2020, 09:50:17 AM »

USBank:  top: Customer service .... then Self Service .... then Add Authorized User

:D

As of a month ago, old company was accepting old credit over $20k.

Thanks!!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3886 on: February 11, 2020, 11:53:14 AM »
Regarding late payments from the new company, several people reached out to me about lack of payment from adds last year.

I've been in touch with the owner and I believe everyone has been paid. Please contact me if you haven't, especially if you contacted me before, but haven't heard anything yet.

Sounds like a lot of disorganization at the new company right now as they go through a couple major transitions--one of their main employees left a month or so ago, leaving a lot of extra work. However, they now have a new hire from Boost My Score who just went out of business, which should enable a lot more streamlining and growth. And they're about to roll out a new portal that will be especially good for resellers, so more sales.

Overall, they're a bit disorganized, and this has been the case for years, and it seemed to be getting worse, but I'm tentatively crossing my fingers that it'll actually trend better.

As always, feel free to contact me with any issues. Sometimes it's easier for the owner to have one point of contact than a lot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:13:24 PM by arebelspy »

Appledee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3887 on: February 13, 2020, 08:28:47 PM »
Hello,
Can anyone recommend any good reputable companies. I've been scammed before and Im hoping someone can help me out before I give up completely.

PM

Thank you

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3888 on: February 13, 2020, 09:18:19 PM »
Hello,
Can anyone recommend any good reputable companies. I've been scammed before and Im hoping someone can help me out before I give up completely.

PM

Thank you

Sending PM now.

stronskr78

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3889 on: February 15, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »
I have signed up with Wholesale trade line in January 2020,  I have added 15 users to my card and today found out that they have ceased operations.  They are saying that they will honor any orders placed before Feb 10 but I am not sure if I buy that.  Do you guys recommend taking these users off, keep them and hope for a payout?  Any one can recommend any good company to go with?

BikeFanatic

• Bristles
« Reply #3890 on: February 15, 2020, 01:41:46 PM »
I would leave them on thats alot of money, maybe you will get half? I leave mine on for two months generally.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3891 on: March 01, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »
Has anybody used BBVA credit cards for selling tradelines?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3892 on: March 02, 2020, 07:54:07 AM »

I have a "new, low limit" one with the old company.  2 AUs every 2 months.  If you have an old, high limit card, they'll take it.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3893 on: March 02, 2020, 12:29:33 PM »

I have a "new, low limit" one with the old company.  2 AUs every 2 months.  If you have an old, high limit card, they'll take it.

That's great, thanks. Is it easy to add and remove AUs on their website or do you need to call? Any problems with them like requests for additional documents etc?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3894 on: March 02, 2020, 12:52:11 PM »
You have to call in to add and remove.

I've never had any card ask me for more info.  If any were to, *I* would ignore them.  I only use cards that can crash and burn for AUs, so they're welcome to close my account.  I give zero info, ever.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3895 on: March 04, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »

Are you able to add AU online with BBVA? I haven't seen anywhere that's an option...

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3896 on: March 04, 2020, 12:32:12 PM »

Are you able to add AU online with BBVA? I haven't seen anywhere that's an option...

No

jafr1284

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3897 on: March 13, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »
Maybe one of us Mustachians could start a tradeline company and fix some of the issues we have been experiencing?

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3898 on: March 13, 2020, 11:01:29 AM »
Maybe one of us Mustachians could start a tradeline company and fix some of the issues we have been experiencing?

This has been talked about for years in this thread, but no one has stepped up yet. 

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3899 on: March 13, 2020, 01:13:57 PM »

This has been talked about for years in this thread, but no one has stepped up yet.
ARS tried for real a couple years ago - there are some significant barriers to entry it turns out.