Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901560 times)

Spitfire

• Bristles
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3600 on: September 30, 2019, 08:25:31 AM »
Sorry to hear about the closure. Out of curiousity, how many AUs did you add and over what period of time?

I always had 2 or less except for a couple times when I carried 3. One thing I can think of that might have flagged me is that I added someone, and then the company emailed me to say that the person cancelled their order and I needed to take them off. I still got paid, but I added and deleted someone within a couple days. That was the last person I added before the closure.

SilverAg47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3601 on: October 19, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
If I do a product change from Capital One Savor ($95 AF) to the SavorOne ($0 AF) card, would that change cause a reset in the length of credit for that particular card?  Does the answer depend on if a new card number is issued or not?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #3602 on: October 19, 2019, 09:37:46 AM »
If I do a product change from Capital One Savor ($95 AF) to the SavorOne ($0 AF) card, would that change cause a reset in the length of credit for that particular card?  Does the answer depend on if a new card number is issued or not?

No and no.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3603 on: October 22, 2019, 01:56:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about the closure. Out of curiousity, how many AUs did you add and over what period of time?

I always had 2 or less except for a couple times when I carried 3. One thing I can think of that might have flagged me is that I added someone, and then the company emailed me to say that the person cancelled their order and I needed to take them off. I still got paid, but I added and deleted someone within a couple days. That was the last person I added before the closure.

I had that happen to me where the user canceled their order, I just left them on until I got another order. That said, I'm about to put my Citi cards on full rest - it has really become such a pain to add a user with them! I get transferred to the fraud department probably 75% of the time. This last time I spent 10 minutes on hold before they tried another department who basically just said, "yup, they're on there, have a good day". I'm really trying to expand my Barclay position as they are super easy to add/remove and have never once given me any crap about a user. Plus you can have more users than with other cards.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3604 on: October 23, 2019, 12:49:18 PM »
I haven't asked for a credit line increase anywhere for probably 3 years....and even then, it was on exactly one card.  Asked on 3 and got them.  +$4k-$5k on each.  2 of them were my most used cards, so show up at the top of my credit karma listing by usage.  The other was in my tradeline regular usage, so looking to potentially jump up a class.  Asked in a 4th this morning, for another tradeline used card.

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3605 on: October 24, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
I haven't asked for a credit line increase anywhere for probably 3 years....and even then, it was on exactly one card.  Asked on 3 and got them.  +$4k-$5k on each.  2 of them were my most used cards, so show up at the top of my credit karma listing by usage.  The other was in my tradeline regular usage, so looking to potentially jump up a class.  Asked in a 4th this morning, for another tradeline used card.
Asking for a soft pull increase never hurts. As long as you're asking for increases from one issuer, you might as well ask for an increase from every issuer. If you have multiple cards with the same issuer, you might want to select only one of the cards to ask for an increase on.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3606 on: November 02, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »
Old company is doing the "we'll take low aged/low limit" cards again. They did it once in Spring of 2018(?) and are doing it again, this month (November) only, so hop on it if you have low limit tradelines you'd like to sell.

Here are the details:
- 2 Month Cycle Commission
- Tradelines 6 months - 2 years in age only.
- Payout:
    Limit $1,000 - $20,000 and 6 months - 2 years old - $25 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $40,000 and 6 months - 2 years old - $50 per spot
    Limit $40,001 -  or more 6+ months - $75 per spot

PM me if you need the referral info for old company. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3607 on: November 03, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »
Too bad my new PNC credit card is only 4 months young.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3608 on: November 04, 2019, 03:15:14 AM »
Does anyone know if paying off balances on credit cards before calling for credit line increase helps in getting it? I mean paying off balances on other cards, not the one you are asking for increase on.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:47:10 AM by Catica »

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3609 on: November 04, 2019, 06:30:55 AM »
Does anyone know if paying off balances on credit cards before calling for credit line increase helps in getting it? I mean paying off balances on other cards, not the one you are asking for increase on.

I would like to know this as well. I got a $1000 raise on my TD bank card WTF, I need to increase some of my credit limits and wonder what the factors are. I do use my wifes income to inflate my income, so that is not the issue. Funny thing with TD I even have a TD bank checking with ten K in there, I direct deposit half my paycheck as well. Maybe just have to use the card more. Or maybe I just have too many cards open.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3610 on: November 04, 2019, 09:19:52 AM »

I don't think that matters much.

The following things do tend to matter, in my experience:

1.  Regular usage on the card in question to a significant degree.  If you have a $5K limit and charge $3K a month and pay it off like clockwork, then it can make sense to them to give you an increase to $10K.  If you have a $5K limit and charge $5 for coffee once a month, they won't understand why you think you need $10K.

2.  Income.  Generally, they'll give you some percentage of your household income in credit limit.  If you're making $100K, they're more likely to give you a $20K limit than if you're making $20K.

3.  Overall credit exposure from that issuer.  If you're making $100K and have $50K credit exposure from Chase, they're unlikely to increase any of your cards, even if you have a $2K card with them that you want to increase.  What most issuers (except BofA) will do is shift the $50K around any way you like among your cards.  So you could increase the $2K card to $10K by reducing another card at the same issuer by $8K.  Shifting between business and personal lines is sometimes problematic.

4.  Overall credit history and score.  You're more likely to get increases if you have a long and stellar credit history.  Length probably matters a bit more than quality in this domain.

5.  Some people think having large lines at another credit card company helps.  If you have a $30K line with Chase, then Citi will be more likely to give you a $30K line than if you only had three $10K lines with Chase.

Related to items 3 and 5 in the list above, a viable strategy over time can be to regularly ask for increases on all your cards, then combine them over time into larger limit cards, then request matching from company to company.

Spitfire

• Bristles
« Reply #3611 on: November 04, 2019, 09:51:32 AM »

I had that happen to me where the user canceled their order, I just left them on until I got another order. That said, I'm about to put my Citi cards on full rest - it has really become such a pain to add a user with them! I get transferred to the fraud department probably 75% of the time. This last time I spent 10 minutes on hold before they tried another department who basically just said, "yup, they're on there, have a good day". I'm really trying to expand my Barclay position as they are super easy to add/remove and have never once given me any crap about a user. Plus you can have more users than with other cards.

Leaving them on was likely a smart move and I will do the same next time. I'm fairly convinced that the quick add/remove is what flagged me. I just enrolled a Barclay card myself and hope it is easier than Citi. I was also transferred to the fraud department on most adds, which was annoying. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:41:48 AM by Spitfire »

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3612 on: November 04, 2019, 10:33:12 AM »
Thanks Seconcardor.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3613 on: November 04, 2019, 04:38:18 PM »
I contacted the new company to enroll a 1-year old card but was told they want at least two cards if they're only a year old. For just a single card it would need to be 2+ years old. Very quick response to my emails, so that was nice.

I just requested increases from $15k to $20k on a couple of cards I was planning on using. Assuming I get an increase on either one, I'll enroll that with the old company to take advantage of the special offer for cards between 6-24 months old.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3614 on: November 04, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »
I contacted the new company to enroll a 1-year old card but was told they want at least two cards if they're only a year old. For just a single card it would need to be 2+ years old. Very quick response to my emails, so that was nice.

Really good to know, thanks for reporting here Michael! :)

-Joe
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3615 on: November 05, 2019, 05:58:27 AM »
Do you guys open new cards and sit on them to mature in order use them for tradelines in the future?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3616 on: November 05, 2019, 06:06:12 AM »
Yes, I do open cards with future tradelines in mind.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3617 on: November 05, 2019, 07:02:33 AM »
What cards does everyone recommend to get and sit on for future tradelines?  I'm sick of the churning game and not looking to get the sweetest sign up bonuses, or deal with cards with annual fees.  I just want a fee free card with a small to modest sign up bonus that I can get and hold onto for future use.  Or maybe 2, or as many as they will let me get so I have a good arsenal in a couple of years. 

I currently have a Citi doublecash, barclaycard cashforward, discover it, and Bank of America Cash Rewards World Mastercard Card.  The rest of my cards are chase or amex which they won't accept. 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3618 on: November 05, 2019, 09:00:29 AM »
I like Barclays and Cap one, Discover best.  Why?  All online to add/drop tradelines.  I mostly do churning and then whatever card becomes usable for tradelines gets used for tradelines.  This latest go round with the old company had me submit 3 cards.  I already have 3 in their $25 program and they get filled with 2 AUs each every 2 months.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #3619 on: November 05, 2019, 03:15:18 PM »
What cards does everyone recommend to get and sit on for future tradelines?  I'm sick of the churning game and not looking to get the sweetest sign up bonuses, or deal with cards with annual fees.  I just want a fee free card with a small to modest sign up bonus that I can get and hold onto for future use.  Or maybe 2, or as many as they will let me get so I have a good arsenal in a couple of years. 

I would do exactly that: see what fee-free cards are offering sign up bonuses, and get one from a bank besides Chase or Amex that the New or Old Company are looking to sell. I check with doctorofcredit and see what's new. With the holidays coming up and some larger purchases on my horizon I don't think I'll have a problem making minimum spend. I like sign-up bonuses as my first criteria, and then ease of adding/removing AUs through the website as my second (IMO Barclay is best for that). But I'd go with any kind of decent sign up bonus over any other consideration to what bank it's through, as long as it's a bank that the tradeline companies sell.

It's kinda like a much slower version of churning.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3620 on: November 06, 2019, 02:40:27 AM »
Can business credit cards be used for tradelines?

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #3621 on: November 06, 2019, 05:42:35 AM »
Can business credit cards be used for tradelines?
No, they don't report to the credit bureaus.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3622 on: November 06, 2019, 11:39:38 AM »
Holy Cow, the new website for the old company just hit me in the face.  Ok...figured it out and all's good.  Couple new cards on the list from this new offer. 

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3623 on: November 07, 2019, 06:11:01 AM »
From reading the posts it seems that it's rare to get adds to the cards with the new company.  How often do you guys get adds?  I see that some people don't get any for a year or so?  I'm wondering if it's easier with the old company.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3624 on: November 07, 2019, 07:47:18 AM »
I have a question for the experienced tradeliners, do you get away with adding online without calling in? Or do you add online then call or secure message the social?

I currently call in every AU. I used to add online discover and          Capitol one but Discover asked me for paperwork for one user ( it was posted in time  but what a pain for them) and Cap one restricrted my card for months until I faxed them my social security card and my drivers license for proof of who I was). NOW able to use again for tradelines and I heard I can use the mobile app to add and delete them.

What is your experience adding AU online?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3625 on: November 07, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
From reading the posts it seems that it's rare to get adds to the cards with the new company.  How often do you guys get adds?  I see that some people don't get any for a year or so?  I'm wondering if it's easier with the old company.

It entirely depends on the relative quality of your cards and the balance between supply and demand.  I don't think it's particularly easier or harder with either the new or old company.  I have used both companies and have not noticed a difference in sales.

I suspect that lots of people have cards with a $10K-$20K credit line and 2-5 years old, so if your cards are in that range, I would imagine that you are competing with a lot of other sellers.

I have a question for the experienced tradeliners, do you get away with adding online without calling in? Or do you add online then call or secure message the social?

I currently call in every AU. I used to add online discover and Capitol one but Discover asked me for paperwork for one user ( it was posted in time  but what a pain for them) and Cap one restricrted my card for months until I faxed them my social security card and my drivers license for proof of who I was). NOW able to use again for tradelines and I heard I can use the mobile app to add and delete them.

What is your experience adding AU online?

I do exactly what the company recommends.  If they say to add online, then I add online.  If they say to add over the phone, then I add over the phone.  The companies have observed thousands of additions and removals of AUs, so I trust that they know best what patterns work and what patterns are problematic.

I think your rough experiences are a result of the issuers or random bad luck and not your method of adding.

I prefer online adds and removals, because it's faster, easier, and less prone to typographical errors or miscommunication.  But again, if the company tells me to phone in, that's what I do.

In a larger sense, with very few exceptions, I read and follow the companies' instructions and have had very few issues.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3626 on: November 07, 2019, 11:16:38 AM »
If I can add online, I do that.  If the online form only allows adding address and no SS#, fine, that's what I do.  If it only allows adding only SS# and no address, fine.  I have some of each and they all post.

I have 4 cards with the new company and by their request, I even coordinated the closing date so they're all the same.  I think I've made maybe 4 AU sales for the entire year.

Old company, I had 4 cards (now 6) and have had probably 25 AU sales for the entire year.

If a card company asks me for documentation, I'm not going to even respond.  If they give me crap, I'll close the card.  All my tradeline cards are sock drawer cards that I opened for the sign on bonus and any of them can be burned at any time and I won't care.

cooking

• Stubble
« Reply #3627 on: November 10, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
I just got a few sales for the first time, all through the "new company".  All AU's added by phone.  First 2 were for Barclays, added w/o a problem.  Just b/c I'm a little paranoid, when I supplied the AU's addresses, I made sure to tell the CSR that I didn't want the cards sent to the AU addresses, but instead to me.  She assured me they never send them to the AU (maybe she remarked that they only do so if the card owner requests it specifically, I can't remember).  Point is, they don't automatically send them to the AU.  They did request addresses for each of the 2 AU's however, which I supplied.  So far, so good.

When I got notified of an add for an AU through Discover a few days ago, I tried to add it online.  It kept rejecting the add by saying the AU had an invalid address.  When I went to the boilerplate stuff from the "new company's" email, I saw buried in there a line saying that Discover has a glitch in their online add system, so if the AU is rejected online for reason of an invalid address, you need to call it in.  So I called it in.  At the time, I assumed that the AU's address would be needed in order for it to report to the correct person.  When the CSR asked me for my address, I said "do you mean the AU address?"  She said, "well wherever you want the card to go" (or something to that effect).  I was a little taken aback by that, because I guess my takeaway from this thread was that it wasn't SOP for the CC companies to mail the cards to anyone but the cardholder.  Just to be sure, I said to the CSR "You mean if I give you the AU address, you send the CC to them" and she said "Yes, that's where we'd send it". Remember here, my original assumption was that I needed to supply the AU address for correct reporting.  The CSR never asked me for the AU address after I gave her my address, though. Still and all, the online Discover add form did have a requirement for the AU address, which is what ended up sending me to the phone to do the add in the first place.  It all felt a little like a brush with something risky.

Has anyone had a similar experience adding an AU on Discover?  Am I the only one who inadvertently came thisclose to having the CC sent to the AU? 

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3628 on: November 10, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »
Barclays has a box to check to "send a card".  I uncheck it and then add the AU's address.  That way, no worry.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3629 on: November 10, 2019, 07:31:20 PM »
 Thank you carjack and secondcor  appreciate the response

In my experience they always send the card to your address not the AU. Sometimes I have been instructed , to  use my address  for the AU, they always seem to post with name and social.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:20:44 PM by BikeFanatic »

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3630 on: November 11, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »
I just got a few sales for the first time, all through the "new company".  All AU's added by phone.  First 2 were for Barclays, added w/o a problem.  Just b/c I'm a little paranoid, when I supplied the AU's addresses, I made sure to tell the CSR that I didn't want the cards sent to the AU addresses, but instead to me.  She assured me they never send them to the AU (maybe she remarked that they only do so if the card owner requests it specifically, I can't remember).  Point is, they don't automatically send them to the AU.  They did request addresses for each of the 2 AU's however, which I supplied.  So far, so good.

When I got notified of an add for an AU through Discover a few days ago, I tried to add it online.  It kept rejecting the add by saying the AU had an invalid address.  When I went to the boilerplate stuff from the "new company's" email, I saw buried in there a line saying that Discover has a glitch in their online add system, so if the AU is rejected online for reason of an invalid address, you need to call it in.  So I called it in.  At the time, I assumed that the AU's address would be needed in order for it to report to the correct person.  When the CSR asked me for my address, I said "do you mean the AU address?"  She said, "well wherever you want the card to go" (or something to that effect).  I was a little taken aback by that, because I guess my takeaway from this thread was that it wasn't SOP for the CC companies to mail the cards to anyone but the cardholder.  Just to be sure, I said to the CSR "You mean if I give you the AU address, you send the CC to them" and she said "Yes, that's where we'd send it". Remember here, my original assumption was that I needed to supply the AU address for correct reporting.  The CSR never asked me for the AU address after I gave her my address, though. Still and all, the online Discover add form did have a requirement for the AU address, which is what ended up sending me to the phone to do the add in the first place.  It all felt a little like a brush with something risky.

Has anyone had a similar experience adding an AU on Discover?  Am I the only one who inadvertently came thisclose to having the CC sent to the AU?
How long have you been with them before you got sales?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3631 on: November 11, 2019, 06:26:12 AM »

This has come up several times in this thread already.  I don't remember if it was specifically discover, but I was under the impression that none of the major issuers will ever send the card to the AU's address, and their system is not even able to send it to that address, only to the main address on files (your's).  You will get a different story from the reps, but that is due to them not fully understanding the process and not being fully trained.

I never use the AU's address.  When they get to the address section I just tell them to use the same as mine.

cooking

• Stubble
« Reply #3632 on: November 12, 2019, 06:42:50 PM »
[
[/quote]

I signed up in July, just got my first sales a few weeks ago (low value $25).

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #3633 on: November 12, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »
[

I signed up in July, just got my first sales a few weeks ago (low value $25).
[/quote]
that took a while.

Cornel_Westside

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3634 on: November 17, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »
Hey guys, I have tried to read some of the old pages, but it may be faster to ask you guys.

Would you guys recommend the old or the new company for consistency of tradelines? If there is a glut for either of them?

I have 3 cards, all 3-4 years old. One (Discover) 19k limit, two (Chase) 22k limit. Any considerations I should make?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3635 on: November 17, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
Hey guys, I have tried to read some of the old pages, but it may be faster to ask you guys.

Would you guys recommend the old or the new company for consistency of tradelines? If there is a glut for either of them?

I have 3 cards, all 3-4 years old. One (Discover) 19k limit, two (Chase) 22k limit. Any considerations I should make?
I'm out of town this weekend traveling without a laptop, but I'll PM you a breakdown early this week.

Anyone else can feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you soon! :)

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3636 on: November 18, 2019, 01:55:44 PM »
Every time I see this thread, I get a little made at Dave Ramsey (and myself). I drank the kool-aid several years ago and cancelled the two credit cards I had, both of which would be over 10 years old by now. Instead, I only have 1 non-Chase card, and it's less than a year old.

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #3637 on: November 18, 2019, 03:01:15 PM »

I would not do chase unless you are prepared to have all your cards closed. Chase policies much more stringently than other banks

Cornel_Westside

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3638 on: November 18, 2019, 05:43:01 PM »
I am prepared to lose those cards. They both are pretty replaceable. I'm surprised you feel that - is it not a matter of simply limiting the AU adds to a certain frequency or number?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3639 on: November 18, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »
I am prepared to lose those cards. They both are pretty replaceable. I'm surprised you feel that - is it not a matter of simply limiting the AU adds to a certain frequency or number?

Limiting AUs certainly helps, but there are no guarantees.  The CC issuers can change their minds about what they will allow and won't allow.  There are very likely general terms in their CC agreement with you that they can shut your account(s) down if for any reason they think you're abusing the account, and you don't really have much recourse.  If you sign up with any of the trade line companies, they'll probably make you sign something saying you understand and accept the risk.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #3640 on: November 19, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »

The problem with Chase is that if they decide to shut you down, the belief is they'll close all your accounts: all your credit cards, plus, any checking or savings accounts, and bar you from ever opening one again afterward.

Not everyone is willing to permanently burn a major national bank for the rest of their lives, not knowing what the future may hold. Chase fronts a lot of credit cards that they may want to open in the future, or may be the biggest bank in their hometown, or they may have or expect to have a financial relationship with them someday.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3641 on: November 20, 2019, 12:35:29 AM »

I'd say go full out on Discover if you are going to use it.  As previously related, I only had two AU adds and they closed my account.  I wouldn't mind a closure if I got significant revenue from it (the rotating 5% categories were worth at least a few hundred per year to me).  Others haven't had closures, but I think it's just a matter of luck/time (maybe they noticed the same people as AUs on other cards or something else triggered their algorithm but it wasn't volume for sure).  So bottom line, a single problematic AU can probably lead to closure with Discover.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3642 on: November 20, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »

The problem with Chase is that if they decide to shut you down, the belief is they'll close all your accounts: all your credit cards, plus, any checking or savings accounts, and bar you from ever opening one again afterward.

Not everyone is willing to permanently burn a major national bank for the rest of their lives, not knowing what the future may hold. Chase fronts a lot of credit cards that they may want to open in the future, or may be the biggest bank in their hometown, or they may have or expect to have a financial relationship with them someday.

Are we sure it's a lifetime ban from Chase? Has anyone ever had their Chase accounts closed, but then got a Chase card again in a few years? It seems like a lifetime ban wouldn't be in Chase's best interest either.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3643 on: November 20, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
I have 2 full years of AU on discover, has to be 18-20- or more users. I did have an audit once and  they restricted the account briefly during that time. But they lifted the restriction after i went over the users with them. That was a year or more ago. I hate to loose discover but at least I got a great reimbursement so far. I do limit it to two users per card. Bank of America shut me down, both cards. I had placed more users on them like 3-4 on each card. Those cards were a year or more old not more than 2 years I would say. That was back in 12/2017-1/2018 around then.

Just a data point

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3644 on: November 20, 2019, 12:21:18 PM »
Ditto. I've sold many lines on Discover in the last three years with no issues.

While there's a risk a card gets shut down at any time, I would still follow best practices to hope it lasts as long as possible.

I'd say go full out on Discover if you are going to use it.

So this seems like bad advice, to me. Valid based on the sample size of 1 for DC, but when you look at all the users selling lines on Discover (or any issuer, for that matter), versus the few that have been shut down, it seems worth it to limit the AUs, keep your head down, and cross your fingers. Tends to work out more often than not.

(Also if we all keep pretending this is a real thing, maybe we can get DC to try again and lose more cards! Good work, team.)

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3645 on: November 23, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »
A question about barclaycard. In these two scenarios, what happens to existing tradelines that haven't yet posted? Do they still stay on the account and get reported to the bureaus?

1) Card is reported as lost
2) You product change this card to another card.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3646 on: November 23, 2019, 07:55:50 PM »
A question about barclaycard. In these two scenarios, what happens to existing tradelines that haven't yet posted? Do they still stay on the account and get reported to the bureaus?

I'm not specifically sure about Barclays in those scenarios.  But, in the case of a lost card, I'm pretty sure that replacement cards for you and the AU would be sent to your address.  I think I hit that scenario once.

In the case of a product change, normally the line stays reporting to the credit bureaus with the same card history and card age.  However, I would be a little concerned that a product change could reset the card age, so I probably wouldn't do it with a piggybacking card even if it's probably OK.  If you did product change, I would expect new cards for you and the AU to be sent to your address.  If the card age does reset, then you run the risk of hurting, not helping, the AU's credit score by lowering their average age, which is bad for everyone.

In both cases, the AU would still stay on the account and the account should still be reported to the bureaus.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3647 on: November 24, 2019, 01:15:12 AM »

I'm not specifically sure about Barclays in those scenarios.  But, in the case of a lost card, I'm pretty sure that replacement cards for you and the AU would be sent to your address.  I think I hit that scenario once.

In the case of a product change, normally the line stays reporting to the credit bureaus with the same card history and card age.  However, I would be a little concerned that a product change could reset the card age, so I probably wouldn't do it with a piggybacking card even if it's probably OK.  If you did product change, I would expect new cards for you and the AU to be sent to your address.  If the card age does reset, then you run the risk of hurting, not helping, the AU's credit score by lowering their average age, which is bad for everyone.

In both cases, the AU would still stay on the account and the account should still be reported to the bureaus.

Thank you Secondcor, the reason I'm asking I think I have hit a tradeline limit on my Barclaycard so I can't add any more tradelines to it. I'd like to try changing the product and see if it resets the tradeline limit which I think is about 35 AUs. As far as I know, reporting the card lost won't change the tradeline limit but a product change might. If anybody has any recent experience with product change please let me know.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3648 on: November 24, 2019, 10:38:58 AM »

Thank you Secondcor, the reason I'm asking I think I have hit a tradeline limit on my Barclaycard so I can't add any more tradelines to it. I'd like to try changing the product and see if it resets the tradeline limit which I think is about 35 AUs. As far as I know, reporting the card lost won't change the tradeline limit but a product change might. If anybody has any recent experience with product change please let me know.

Yeah, in that scenario I'd probably try the product change first to see if that works.  (If it does, please report back here so we can learn from your experience!)

If it doesn't, another thing you could do would be to open a new Barclays credit card now, shift all of your credit line from your "tradeline limited" Barclays card to the new card, and then wait for the new Barclays credit card to age for the requisite year or two.  Obviously not as good as a product change, but still a potentially workable idea.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3649 on: November 24, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
Settlement was a check.
The terms bar me from sharing the amount, but I was very pleased with the what we received.
Yes, @PointsLawyer  represented me.
We began the process last October, and I signed the agreement last month.
I fully endorse @PointsLawyer
He was excellent throughout the process

Can also reccomend and vouch for PointsLawyer.
Worked with him on closed Discover card. Easy from my side of the equation

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!