Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1006287 times)

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3550 on: August 06, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
I'm still waiting on payment from the new company for orders in January & February. Seems long to me based on other payments. Anyone else not getting paid in a timely fashion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a constant struggle for me.  I usually give it an extra month, then start emailing.  Sometimes takes a few tries before I get a response.

erutio

• Bristles
« Reply #3551 on: August 06, 2019, 10:19:54 AM »
I'm still waiting on payment from the new company for orders in January & February. Seems long to me based on other payments. Anyone else not getting paid in a timely fashion?

It's a constant struggle for me.  I usually give it an extra month, then start emailing.  Sometimes takes a few tries before I get a response.

This is the reason I don't deal with the "new" company anymore, despite the slightly higher payouts.  I moved all my cards to the "old" company 2 years ago.  The Old company has never been late, never required extra emails, and never paid out the wrong amount.

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3552 on: August 06, 2019, 10:21:11 AM »

This is the reason I don't deal with the "new" company anymore, despite the slightly higher payouts.  I moved all my cards to the "old" company 2 years ago.  The Old company has never been late, never required extra emails, and never paid out the wrong amount.

To be clear, I've never had an issue with not being paid or being paid the wrong amount.  Just takes a little extra legwork, and is a little irritating.

SilverAg47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3553 on: August 06, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »

Same for me.

I do not believe I have ever been paid by the New company unless I first sent an email or two.

goodlivin23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3554 on: August 06, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »
Hi all,
Can someone share (or tell me where to find) the names of the companies for this? I've got several older credit cards with high limits and want to get started with this!
Also, how many cards do you recommend applying for at one time?
Any and all info greatly appreciated!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3555 on: August 06, 2019, 05:35:22 PM »
Hi all,
Can someone share (or tell me where to find) the names of the companies for this? I've got several older credit cards with high limits and want to get started with this!
Also, how many cards do you recommend applying for at one time?
Any and all info greatly appreciated!

PM sent.

As always, if anyone has any questions/concerns, feel free to PM me. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and are now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about us, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out our Now page to see what we're up to currently.

goodlivin23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3556 on: August 06, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
Thanks for the PM!!

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3557 on: August 07, 2019, 12:58:21 PM »
Not the first time I've gotten mail for an AU but it usually looks like credit card offers or junk. Wonder if I will get an in-person visit next?

FWIW, we use a travelling mailbox service as mailing address. We have that address originally for other reasons, but it's proven handy for selling tradelines since no mail comes to us. The services usually only accept mail addressed directly to you, so anything addressed to AU is automatically destroyed, including the AU card (at least this was my understanding).

One caveat, we have never had a problem, but recently I had communication from one credit card company regarding returned mail. I assume this was AU cards sent to mailbox address which were returned to sender instead of destroyed. That triggered a little bit of account double checking, enough that it became easier for me to rest that card than deal with it.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3558 on: August 07, 2019, 07:21:28 PM »
Not the first time I've gotten mail for an AU but it usually looks like credit card offers or junk. Wonder if I will get an in-person visit next?

FWIW, we use a travelling mailbox service as mailing address. We have that address originally for other reasons, but it's proven handy for selling tradelines since no mail comes to us. The services usually only accept mail addressed directly to you, so anything addressed to AU is automatically destroyed, including the AU card (at least this was my understanding).

One caveat, we have never had a problem, but recently I had communication from one credit card company regarding returned mail. I assume this was AU cards sent to mailbox address which were returned to sender instead of destroyed. That triggered a little bit of account double checking, enough that it became easier for me to rest that card than deal with it.

Do you put that traveling mailbox address as your home address with the banks? If so, have you ever had problems with the address not being residential? AFAIK many banks have databases of residential vs commercial/mail forwarding addresses. They can flag and even freeze or close accounts registered with mail forwarding addresses.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3559 on: August 07, 2019, 07:39:22 PM »
I've used traveling mailbox for the last four years (aug 2015 - aug 2019) as my address on everything (banks, ccs, etc) with no issues.

They do send back mail, so AU cards are returned. Never had an issue with that.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and are now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about us, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out our Now page to see what we're up to currently.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3560 on: August 07, 2019, 07:58:57 PM »
I've used traveling mailbox for the last four years (aug 2015 - aug 2019) as my address on everything (banks, ccs, etc) with no issues.

Thanks. I am considering three mail forwarding companies: Traveling Mailbox, Escapees and St Brandan's Isle. Do you know if Traveling Mailbox is less likely to get flagged by banks as a non-residential address? Why did you choose Traveling Mailbox vs its competitors?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3561 on: August 07, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
I don't know anything about those other ones. I don't recognize those two names. There were a few other competitors, but I couldn't say why four years ago I chose that one over them.

I do like Traveling Mailbox. Really good customer service when you need anything.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3562 on: August 07, 2019, 08:54:30 PM »

Thanks. I am considering three mail forwarding companies: Traveling Mailbox, Escapees and St Brandan's Isle. Do you know if Traveling Mailbox is less likely to get flagged by banks as a non-residential address? Why did you choose Traveling Mailbox vs its competitors?

@Padonak   I have no personal experience with any of these.  I have seen all 3 and probably others discussed on the forum here.  You might try a couple of searches.  It seems a good number of people use these services.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3563 on: August 08, 2019, 09:11:09 AM »
Do you put that traveling mailbox address as your home address with the banks? If so, have you ever had problems with the address not being residential? AFAIK many banks have databases of residential vs commercial/mail forwarding addresses. They can flag and even freeze or close accounts registered with mail forwarding addresses.

I've mainly used traveling mailbox as home address for about three years, there were a couple of instances it wouldn't work, as you referred to. In that case I used the traveling mailbox as mailing address and a physical address as home address. Won't derail thread too much further, but was discussed a bit more here: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/post-fire/us-address-(renter)-during-extended-livingtraveling-overseas/msg2229942/#msg2229942

Will add this also means the traveling mailbox address shows up on my credit report. A couple times with mortgage applications this has led to some fun questions from underwriters, depending on how much due diligence they are doing

As ARS said, I like traveling mailbox. Good interface, good enough pricing. All works well. I haven't tested the others, I'm sure they are good too?

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3564 on: August 08, 2019, 11:48:49 AM »
Thank you for your detailed replies, I'll read the linked thread.

Kem

• Stubble
« Reply #3565 on: August 10, 2019, 06:34:22 AM »
Discover has requested a callback (via email and mail, the number matches that on the back of my card) to discuss in detail the 2 tradeline I have added.  Has anyone else been asked for this, and if so what has been shared?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3566 on: August 10, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
Discover has requested a callback (via email and mail, the number matches that on the back of my card) to discuss in detail the 2 tradeline I have added.  Has anyone else been asked for this, and if so what has been shared?

See this post, and the 3 replies after it: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/selling-tradelines-piggybacking-part-ii-$1000hr-20-40kyr-side-gig/msg2423321/#msg2423321

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3567 on: August 10, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »

It happened to me a few times. They called to confirm that i added the AUs. A couple of times they requested supporting documents (drivers license and SSN card).

Kem

• Stubble
« Reply #3568 on: August 10, 2019, 09:02:22 AM »
Awesome, thanks folks!

geekette

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3569 on: August 10, 2019, 10:58:50 AM »
I don't sell tradelines, but I've followed along here occasionally.  I added a cousin to an old high limit account a few years ago to help with her credit score.  The card came to my house, as expected.

A couple weeks ago, my mother added me to her Chase Sapphire account.  We were renting a car, I was driving, and we wanted the extra insurance. 

Instead of sending the card to her house, it came to mine. 

If I were selling tradelines, this would make me very nervous.  Why would they send the card to me???

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3570 on: August 10, 2019, 11:14:02 AM »

I don't sell tradelines, but I've followed along here occasionally.  I added a cousin to an old high limit account a few years ago to help with her credit score.  The card came to my house, as expected.

A couple weeks ago, my mother added me to her Chase Sapphire account.  We were renting a car, I was driving, and we wanted the extra insurance. 

If I were selling tradelines, this would make me very nervous.  Why would they send the card to me???

That's really weird, and against their protocol.

I imagine your mom might be able to call and find out why.

In any case, it's not something I worry about in the slightest.  In a combined 20ish years between the 2 TL companies, they've never once had an AU make an unauthorized charge on a card they're authorized on.

In 3+ years since I first posted and many many (thousands?) of AU sales for Mustachians, no one has ever reported an issue with an AU making a charge on their CC.

It's just not something I'd worry about at all, personally. 

erutio

• Bristles
« Reply #3571 on: August 10, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »
Has anyone figured out a work around for the AU limit on Barclay's cards?

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3572 on: August 10, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
Has anyone figured out a work around for the AU limit on Barclay's cards?
I tried replacing the card and changing the product... didn't work. What's the limit btw? I think it was about 34 on the card I tried to replace.

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #3573 on: August 10, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »

In any case, it's not something I worry about in the slightest.  In a combined 20ish years between the 2 TL companies, they've never once had an AU make an unauthorized charge on a card they're authorized on.

In 3+ years since I first posted and many many (thousands?) of AU sales for Mustachians, no one has ever reported an issue with an AU making a charge on their CC.

I trust Chase not to send it to the AU address because in their online "add AU" process they explicitly say which address they'll send it to, and it's always my address, not the AU address.

I've added AUs to multiple cards across multiple issuers and never had one go to the AU address.  I did have one CSR once say they were going to ship it to the AU, but I asked her to send it to me instead, and it came to me.  I think she was an inexperienced CSR.

There are a couple of issuers, and Chase may be one of them, where if you specifically ask them to send the card to the AU, they will.  If it was a family member, that's probably what I would do.  It's what I'm guessing @geekette's Mom did in this case.

geekette

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3574 on: August 10, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »

I trust Chase not to send it to the AU address because in their online "add AU" process they explicitly say which address they'll send it to, and it's always my address, not the AU address.

I've added AUs to multiple cards across multiple issuers and never had one go to the AU address.  I did have one CSR once say they were going to ship it to the AU, but I asked her to send it to me instead, and it came to me.  I think she was an inexperienced CSR.

There are a couple of issuers, and Chase may be one of them, where if you specifically ask them to send the card to the AU, they will.  If it was a family member, that's probably what I would do.  It's what I'm guessing @geekette's Mom did in this case.

Momís 84; Iím sure she called and youíre right, she probably asked them to send it to me. That makes me feel better.

Kem

• Stubble
« Reply #3575 on: August 12, 2019, 08:13:34 AM »

See this post, and the 3 replies after it: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/selling-tradelines-piggybacking-part-ii-$1000hr-20-40kyr-side-gig/msg2423321/#msg2423321

Thanks again - just off a LONG call with DC.  They wanted to verify the recent AU adds (May and July), confirm the SSN/Addresses, and requested reason behind the add

salt cured

• Stubble
« Reply #3576 on: August 12, 2019, 01:09:15 PM »

Thanks again - just off a LONG call with DC.  They wanted to verify the recent AU adds (May and July), confirm the SSN/Addresses, and requested reason behind the add

What reason did you provide?

Kem

• Stubble
« Reply #3577 on: August 12, 2019, 02:34:55 PM »

They are 2 individuals who helped me earn some side money and who may have need to access to my credit card for future purchasing requirements - and if so I will deliver the cards to them directly.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3578 on: August 13, 2019, 06:52:09 AM »

They are 2 individuals who helped me earn some side money and who may have need to access to my credit card for future purchasing requirements - and if so I will deliver the cards to them directly.

This is GOLD. Perfectly logical, true and on the up-and-up.

Kem

• Stubble
« Reply #3579 on: August 13, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »
I'm glad you like it merula :)

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #3580 on: August 14, 2019, 03:41:21 PM »
For those of you with multiple Barclay cards, it is true you can't access them all from a single online account? I just got my first 2 from them and that is what the rep said though one is a business version.

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3581 on: August 14, 2019, 04:21:04 PM »
For those of you with multiple Barclay cards, it is true you can't access them all from a single online account? I just got my first 2 from them and that is what the rep said though one is a business version.

I can access both of my Barclays cards from a single login, although in my case both are personal cards.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3582 on: August 14, 2019, 06:18:03 PM »

I can access both of my Barclays cards from a single login, although in my case both are personal cards.

Same here.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #3583 on: August 15, 2019, 05:00:36 AM »
Good. It may be because one is a business card then. With Chase you must link the business card first and then have them add the personal card so I'll try that once it arrives.

goodlivin23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3584 on: August 15, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »
Hi,
How often can you apply for a new Barclay card? I applied for one recently and got accepted (for $14K). I applied for another one a few days later and was denied. Thoughts?
Also, do you get any warnings before they shut down a card? I can't find anything written specifically on my agreement that states you cannot have multiple AUs (or that being a reason for them to shut down your card.

Thanks all!

Monkey stache

• Stubble
« Reply #3585 on: August 16, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »
Is anyone having problems adding AUs to their USAA card? I need to add 2 AUs and USAA couldn't do it for me yesterday nor today. They claim it's the system but I'm wondering if it's a subtle "hey chill out with these AUs." They don't know when it will be working again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:30:05 PM by Monkey stache »

secondcor521

• Magnum Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3586 on: August 16, 2019, 02:02:56 PM »
Is anyone having problems adding AUs to their USAA card? I need to add 2 AUs and USAA couldn't do it for me yesterday nor today. They claim it's the system but I'm wondering if it's a subtle "hey chill out with these AUs." The don't know when it will be working again.

I had "system problems" twice when I tried to add a third AU to my USAA card.  USAA was unable to add the AU even after multiple attempts both times.  I think USAA is OK with 2 at a time but not 3 at a time, but nobody told the front line CSRs that.

If you have any AUs on your USAA card currently that you can remove, remove them and try again.  Otherwise I think your only option is to tell the AU company that you were unable to add.

Monkey stache

• Stubble
« Reply #3587 on: August 16, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. I already have 2 AUs and they want to add two more (all with the same company) so that must be what's causing the problem. I'm surprised the tradeline company isn't aware of this limitation.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3588 on: August 16, 2019, 07:33:39 PM »
Hi,
How often can you apply for a new Barclay card? I applied for one recently and got accepted (for $14K). I applied for another one a few days later and was denied. Thoughts?
Also, do you get any warnings before they shut down a card? I can't find anything written specifically on my agreement that states you cannot have multiple AUs (or that being a reason for them to shut down your card.

Thanks all!

I have not opened a new one in a few years.  However, in my experience, they are more picky than other issuers.  I would suggest waiting a few months between cards with them (at a minimum).

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3589 on: August 17, 2019, 06:40:38 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I already have 2 AUs and they want to add two more (all with the same company) so that must be what's causing the problem. I'm surprised the tradeline company isn't aware of this limitation.

Not sure which company you are using but I am always limited to 2 AUs for USAA. I prefer to keep it that way as it' a really old high limit card so it's very profitable. Also adding AUs with USAA is a PITA!

wienerdog

• Bristles
« Reply #3590 on: August 17, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »
Why does the new company send rules out about prompt replies but they don't show the same courtesy when it comes to payment?  I bet if I would never say anything I would never get paid.  I don't think I have got a payment yet without me pestering them.  Orders from March and June.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3591 on: August 19, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »
I have only had a single $50 sale in the last year with the new company.  Did this completely dry up for anyone else? Will I have more luck if I switch over to the old company?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3592 on: August 19, 2019, 08:05:30 AM »
I have only had a single $50 sale in the last year with the new company.  Did this completely dry up for anyone else? Will I have more luck if I switch over to the old company?
Yeah, old company is seeing more sales (and no payout lag), but their card restrictions are higher (30k minimum limits, 5 years old).

If your cards fit, I tend to recommend people go there. If your cards don't, better to use new company and get occasional sales than a riskier company, IMO, but YMMV.

Kem

• Stubble
« Reply #3593 on: August 19, 2019, 12:31:21 PM »
From the new company regarding payout date:  10 weeks after the closing date

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3594 on: August 19, 2019, 01:30:47 PM »
Yeah, old company is seeing more sales (and no payout lag), but their card restrictions are higher (30k minimum limits, 5 years old).

If your cards fit, I tend to recommend people go there. If your cards don't, better to use new company and get occasional sales than a riskier company, IMO, but YMMV.

I don't have any cards that qualify for that.  Did too many mustachians flood the market?  Or is there something else going on causing a drought? Or am I just on the unlucky end of the sales spectrum? Or did I get black balled or something? I was late to the game, but I feel like I sold a decent amount in 2018 right up until about august, and since then I had just a single $50 sale on one card in early 2019. 

chuckster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3595 on: August 19, 2019, 05:11:42 PM »
For sure, my older, larger CC accounts which you would think would be more attractive (5+ yrs old, high limits) rarely sell if at all.

The newer accounts that barely seem worth getting AU status on (1-2 yrs old, low limits) at least sell occasionally.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3596 on: August 19, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »
I haven't had any sales this year either, which is ok.
I only have a couple cards that qualify and they do have a limited number of spots.
I rather get one occasionally and stay under the radar, then using up my spots quickly and raising red flags.

Padonak

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3597 on: August 19, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Can a BBVA credit card be used for tradelines with any of the companies?

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3598 on: August 20, 2019, 06:59:22 AM »
Why does the new company send rules out about prompt replies but they don't show the same courtesy when it comes to payment?  I bet if I would never say anything I would never get paid.  I don't think I have got a payment yet without me pestering them.  Orders from March and June.

To be fair, I've found the side of the house that sends out these emails (and handles all the admin stuff) to be very responsive.  It's just the payment side that lags.  It would be nice if they could just automate it.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3599 on: August 21, 2019, 06:59:23 AM »
Can a BBVA credit card be used for tradelines with any of the companies?

I have one with the old company.  It was one that I shotgunned when they were looking for new, low limit cards for 2 month, $25 slots.  I think both companies change what they'll take on an almost daily basis.  It's worth shooting them the specs on the card (age and limit).  I get 2 AUs on that card every period.