Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901544 times)

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3350 on: April 12, 2019, 12:26:53 PM »
FYI @lexde and others, I am staying pretty busy with "old company".  Yall may want to give them a shot.

+1. Although once most of my cards aged past 2 years, I saw a noticeable decline in sales from "old company" as well.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3351 on: April 12, 2019, 12:29:22 PM »
When people ask for a recommendation, I tell them if they have cards that fit old company's requirements (10k minimum, 5+ years old, Barclays, Capital One, Citibank, Discover, Elan, PNC, US Bank, USAA, Bank of America, Chase), enroll there, if not (if cards are younger/lower limit), enroll with new company.

Still haven't found any other companies worth working with, and occasional sales with cards that are newer are worth it, but yeah, the volume isn't as good (or saturation is higher), unfortunately.

Go between those places where your cards fit, basically.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3352 on: April 12, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
Citi closed two of my three cards which I have used for more than 2 years. Had a good run on both even though both had limits under $15K; probably made around $4,000. Always considered them throw-away (no rewards, low limit). The other one is still good, just added one AU on it last week. Easy come, easy go!!

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3353 on: April 12, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
Could someone give me a referral to the "new" company? I went with the >20k limit one for one card. Now I've got another lower limit card (10k) I want to add.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3354 on: April 12, 2019, 02:40:47 PM »
Could someone give me a referral to the "new" company? I went with the >20k limit one for one card. Now I've got another lower limit card (10k) I want to add.

PM'd.

Anyone else needing this, feel free to PM me to not clutter the thread with requests. :)

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3355 on: April 13, 2019, 04:00:23 AM »
When people ask for a recommendation, I tell them if they have cards that fit old company's requirements (10k minimum, 5+ years old, Barclays, Capital One, Citibank, Discover, Elan, PNC, US Bank, USAA, Bank of America, Chase), enroll there, if not (if cards are younger/lower limit), enroll with new company.

Still haven't found any other companies worth working with, and occasional sales with cards that are newer are worth it, but yeah, the volume isn't as good (or saturation is higher), unfortunately.

Go between those places where your cards fit, basically.

My experience  with the old company was really good with the "younger cards." YMMV of course.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3356 on: April 13, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »
My experience  with the old company was really good with the "younger cards." YMMV of course.

Sure, but they haven't accepted those except for a brief period a year ago.  If that changes, I'll post here. :)

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3357 on: April 13, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
For a brief period, the old company was taking newer, lower limit cards for a shorter duration and $25 payout.  I'll make more money with these than any of my other cards.  I believe they aren't accepting any more of these.  I asked them about one of my cards that just aged to the 2 year point with a $24k limit and they told me they're now looking only for older cards (like 7 years) and high limits (like $35k).  I imagine that their customers vary, so what they want for cards vary.  When the new card offer was originally made, I jumped on it immediately.  A bunch of my cards fit that bill thanks to lots of churning in the last year.  At the time, I submitted every single card I had that qualified and they accepted several that weren't on their list.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3358 on: April 14, 2019, 05:41:41 AM »

Sure, but they haven't accepted those except for a brief period a year ago.  If that changes, I'll post here. :)

I was making a lot of sales the first couple months of this year. Most of those cards aged past 2+ years with exception of 1, which won't age past 2 years until June. And that one still fills up.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3359 on: April 14, 2019, 07:56:19 AM »
Sure. They're definitely still useful if enrolled. My point was it's not helpful for anyone right now, as they haven't accepted cards like that for a year. But I'll post if that changes. I'm glad it worked well for you. :)

gwhunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3360 on: April 14, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »
So I am curious on how you all are able to get your credit limits to a point to qualify for the 'old company'.  It seems every card I get the credit line is $9k.  When I call to get the limit raised I typically get a hard inquiry and the limit is only ever raised $100-$200.  (Chase and Discover are my 2 oldest cards, but my BoA and Citi did the same thing)

My credit score is pretty good, normally sitting around 780-800.  Mine and my spouses combined income is a touch higher than 100k.  I have never had a late payment.  The only thing I can think of is my student loan debt that is, between the both of us, around $90,000.  Is it really the case that my student loan debt is preventing me from getting the limits raised or am I missing out on something that is causing the lower limits? 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:22:35 PM by gwhunter »

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3361 on: April 14, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »
@gwhunter Have you applied for any 'premium' cards?  ie Visa Signature etc.  They have large CLs as a requirement.  So, if you're approved, you will get a larger limit.  Chase Sapphire cards for example.  Hope this helps.

gwhunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3362 on: April 14, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »
Thank for the advice.  I guess I never knew what a 'premium' card was as I never really needed any type of credit card.  I will look into it.  Thank you again for the heads up. 

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3363 on: April 15, 2019, 07:40:39 AM »
Sure. They're definitely still useful if enrolled. My point was it's not helpful for anyone right now, as they haven't accepted cards like that for a year. But I'll post if that changes. I'm glad it worked well for you. :)

Hmm, I didn't realize they stopped taking those cards. The email I got from them seeking enrollment for these younger cards was back in December 2018 (about 4 months ago). I am sure they had a huge influx in that short time period. 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3364 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:37 AM »

Hmm, I didn't realize they stopped taking those cards. The email I got from them seeking enrollment for these younger cards was back in December 2018 (about 4 months ago). I am sure they had a huge influx in that short time period.

Ah, you're right, I'm mixing up timeframes. Last April was when they offered the signup bonus. Last fall was the shorter cards.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3365 on: April 15, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
So I am curious on how you all are able to get your credit limits to a point to qualify for the 'old company'.  It seems every card I get the credit line is $9k.  When I call to get the limit raised I typically get a hard inquiry and the limit is only ever raised $100-$200.  (Chase and Discover are my 2 oldest cards, but my BoA and Citi did the same thing)

My credit score is pretty good, normally sitting around 780-800.  Mine and my spouses combined income is a touch higher than 100k.  I have never had a late payment.  The only thing I can think of is my student loan debt that is, between the both of us, around $90,000.  Is it really the case that my student loan debt is preventing me from getting the limits raised or am I missing out on something that is causing the lower limits?

Example:  I called BoA because I had 4 cards with them.  What I did was canceled one of the branded cards and asked them to move that credit limit to another card.  Then I asked to move the limit on the remaining 2 cards over to it as well.  So now the one card (oldest one) has the e limit and the other 2 remaining are low.  So the high limit is now $24k.  I don't use it really and won't till it's in a tradeline program, but it's getting near old enough to submit.

I don't know what's limiting you.  Every card has their requirements.

HBFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3366 on: April 18, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »
Just had my first issue with Barclays where the tradeline only reported to one bureau.  Anyone else have this happen?

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3367 on: April 19, 2019, 10:53:06 AM »
Things had been very quiet for me for a while, then I had three sales very close together with old company on a real (i.e. non $25) card. Tax time boost perhaps

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3368 on: April 20, 2019, 08:02:19 AM »
Just had my first issue with Barclays where the tradeline only reported to one bureau.  Anyone else have this happen?

I don't know about one bureau....only know that Barclays is so easy to add/remove AUs.  I've never seen a Barclays AU not report and be paid for it.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3369 on: April 20, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »
Citi closed my card for selling tradelines. I have a few more Citi cards which I don't use for AUs and they are still open.

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #3370 on: April 21, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »
I haven't gotten a spot on my card filled in almost 5 months now... has anyone else had this issue?
It had been barren since October but got 4 AU's in last month with new company.

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3371 on: April 22, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »
Am I the only one who invariably has to send at least 2 reminders every time I'm due payment from the new company?

Really kind of gets old.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3372 on: April 22, 2019, 12:21:47 PM »
Am I the only one who invariably has to send at least 2 reminders every time I'm due payment from the new company?

Really kind of gets old.

Yeah, their slow payment (discussed many times before) is the main annoying thing about New Company.

I've found it doesn't make a difference emailing or not--you wait, and they pay, or you email a few times, and they pay at about the same time they would have otherwise. I stopped a long time ago, and still get paid on the same (late) schedule. *shrug*  YMMV.

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #3373 on: April 22, 2019, 01:16:21 PM »
Hi Authorized Credit Card User Slot Sellers for Fun and Profit,

What is the guidance on the Max AUs for a Chase card? Sorry in advance as I know its somewhere in this mega thread already but I cant seem to find it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:58:04 PM by meatgrinder »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3374 on: April 22, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
Hi Authorized Credit Card User Slot Sellers for Fun and Profit,

Sorry in advance as I know its somewhere in this mega thread already, but what is the guidance on the Max AUs for a Chase card?

Thanks!

Chase is quite risky; I wouldn't go over two, personally.

(Their closures are rare, but when they do, they blackball you. So flying under their radar if you do use Chase is prudent.)

FtWorthAtheist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3375 on: April 22, 2019, 02:39:24 PM »
I'm new to selling and just got a notice to remove my 2nd client from my Chase card.  Chase's website allowed me to add clients online, but according to the website, I have to call a live phone rep to remove.  Talking to a live person makes me nervous about them noticing all my authorized user activity.  Do all Chase cards require removals by phone??  I'm wondering how people manage to do this for years before getting their cards cancelled.

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #3376 on: April 22, 2019, 02:56:44 PM »
I'm new to selling and just got a notice to remove my 2nd client from my Chase card.  Chase's website allowed me to add clients online, but according to the website, I have to call a live phone rep to remove.  Talking to a live person makes me nervous about them noticing all my authorized user activity.  Do all Chase cards require removals by phone??  I'm wondering how people manage to do this for years before getting their cards cancelled.

Yes, Chase requires removals by phone.  Its different bank by bank.  Barclays allows for AUs to be added and removed online, others required a phone call for add/remove. 

I don't think the CS reps care about add/remove AUs or can do anything about it if they wanted to.  From my experience the banks have fraud rules in place that scan cards and automatically close if a certain set of rules are broken.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3377 on: April 22, 2019, 09:10:46 PM »
Hey FTworth,
For the past year I have always removed my Chase AU’s by using Chase’s Secure Messages.
Works like a charm. 
I just state “please remove authorized user John Doe from my card ending in 4012”
They reply back usually in 4-8 hours and let me know if is completed.

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #3378 on: April 22, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
Good tip!  Citi used to allow adding w/ssn through secure message but it was nice for some reason.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3379 on: April 23, 2019, 06:45:54 AM »
The risk with Chase is that if they close anything, they close everything.  All cards, any bank accounts, everything.  I had done well after adding a couple of my Chase cards, but since my oldest card (by like 8 years) is from Chase, I removed them from tradeline sales.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3380 on: April 23, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
Yup. I made $1,725 from my Chase cards from sales before they shut me down. They shut down all 5 of my cards... :(  Was it worth it? Yeah, I would say so - though I was hoping I could earn a bit more before they caught on to me. On a bright note, they did still credit 2100 Hyatt points to my account even after it was closed. I was not expecting to get them, so that was a small silver lining at least.

Zap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3381 on: April 27, 2019, 10:34:54 PM »
FYI,

I received notification today that Bank of America was closing all my credit card accounts with them due to "Irregular authorized user activity on one or more of your accounts." I only ever sold tradelines on one of the cards, and it's been about a year since my last sale.

Easy come, easy go.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3382 on: April 28, 2019, 08:51:44 AM »
Weird they did that.

I've had a card closed by B of A (and my wife had one as well at the same time), but they only closed that one card--we have other cards with them still (and still sell tradelines on them). We also have other bank accounts and stuff though--maybe that's why they didn't shut all ours down? It would be a pain if those were shut down.

Or maybe their policy changed (it's been a few years since they shut our cards down).

Thanks for the info!

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #3383 on: April 29, 2019, 05:02:58 AM »
I only ever sold tradelines on one of the cards, and it's been about a year since my last sale.

I find it weird they did so after such a long break. At least mine had been fairly active.

Zap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3384 on: April 29, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »

I find it weird they did so after such a long break. At least mine had been fairly active.

The old company emailed last year that they had some shutdowns on BoA so they were going to rest it for awhile. I had good sales on it, 18 years old and $20,000 limit.

The worst part is one of the other cards that was closed was used for gasoline and recurring payments and had $20 in unclaimed rewards on it. Gone. Heh. :)

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3385 on: April 30, 2019, 11:50:15 AM »
When I was shuffling around credit limits with BoA and talking with the CSR, I got the impression that some cards are BoA owned cards and others were just co-branded (like University of Cash kinda cards) and they could care less what you did with the co-branded ones.  Want to close down University.  Oh, that's cool and I can do that right now, Mr. Car Jack.  But try to touch an actual BoA card and "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you want to close this.  Is there anything I can do to change your mind.....and I mean ANYTHING!?"  Holy cow.....I'm not Robert Kraft.....I'll just leave it open, ok.  "Oh, I'm sooooo happy to hear that.".

:lol:

powskier

• Bristles

Really kind of gets old.
I've been paid on time every time with new and old company.

MVal

• Pencil Stache
Even though discover canceled my account months (a year?) ago, they still send me free credit monitoring alerts, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice

They canceled one of my cards too. Did you even attempt to re-open it? They closed mine without any explanation and I never called to dispute it.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Even though discover canceled my account months (a year?) ago, they still send me free credit monitoring alerts, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice

They canceled one of my cards too. Did you even attempt to re-open it? They closed mine without any explanation and I never called to dispute it.

No they gave a vague explanation which maybe I’ll sue them if I get bored with the retired life.  Some other guy in the thread mentioned some decent settlements

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Barclays is really taking care of me.  After maxing out AU's a few months ago on my first card, I put it in the sock drawer.  They increased my limit.  LOL

ThatGuy

• Stubble
Barclays is really taking care of me.  After maxing out AU's a few months ago on my first card, I put it in the sock drawer.  They increased my limit.  LOL

They increased your credit limit or the limit of AU's?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
Anyone else have sales stop with the new company?  I've had one $50 sale in the last 8 months.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Anyone else have sales stop with the new company?  I've had one $50 sale in the last 8 months.
I had one or two sales last year, none this year.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache

They increased your credit limit or the limit of AU's?

Credit limit.  I wish it were AU limit...

ditkanate

• Stubble
    • ditka's dumb journal

I had one sale in January and one in February.  None since, and have not been paid for either of those sales despite emailing Cliff almost a month ago.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
Yea I'm thinking I should pull my cards and switch to the old company instead.  Are sales more steady with them?

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Does anyone use Banco Popular cards for tradelines? I have an Avianca card which I can potentially downgrade, not sure if tradeline companies accept these cards.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ditkanate

• Stubble
    • ditka's dumb journal
Yea I'm thinking I should pull my cards and switch to the old company instead.  Are sales more steady with them?

I've had a regular stream of sales from the old company ever since I enrolled a while back.  And payments are 100% on time and completely transparent. 

dt3

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hi

I keep seeing tradeline companies being refereed to as new and old company. Curious if someone can lmk who these companies are I'm interested in purchasing tradelines but most of my search efforts have left me uncomfortable.

Thx

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Hi

I keep seeing tradeline companies being refereed to as new and old company. Curious if someone can lmk who these companies are I'm interested in purchasing tradelines but most of my search efforts have left me uncomfortable.

Thx

PM sent, cc'ed @arebelspy.