Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901569 times)

jojoguy

• Bristles
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3150 on: December 21, 2018, 03:58:00 AM »
I guess I`m just aiming too high. :P

I haven`t even started yet. I do however want to figure out some side gigs to make my goals happen.

Congratulations Ducky19 for your success in this!

Turn a hobby or a passion into some side income. That's what many people, including myself, have done.

Ha! That`s what motivates me to do this. It seems like it is a fun side income. Just like credit card churning. I will leave the Chase cards alone though. The reward points(especially the travel ones) have been great!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3151 on: December 26, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »
For Barclaycard, those who hit the limit of maximum tradelines and couldn't add any more AUs, what message did you receive?

I just received this message when I tried to add two users. Tried again and got the same message. Never received it before. Does it mean I hit my limit?

That wasn’t supposed to happen!
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we could not complete your request. Please try again.

hay_otsuka

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3152 on: December 26, 2018, 01:34:53 PM »
For Barclaycard, those who hit the limit of maximum tradelines and couldn't add any more AUs, what message did you receive?

I just received this message when I tried to add two users. Tried again and got the same message. Never received it before. Does it mean I hit my limit?

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we could not complete your request. Please try again.
Ime that meant you hit limit

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3153 on: December 26, 2018, 01:39:40 PM »

That's what it looks like to me as well. Is it worth trying to call them and reset the limit? Anything else that can be done in this case?

hay_otsuka

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3154 on: December 26, 2018, 02:09:48 PM »

That's what it looks like to me as well. Is it worth trying to call them and reset the limit? Anything else that can be done in this case?
If you can product change it seems to reset limit but I have only been able to do that on one of our cards( arrival plus downgraded to arrival)

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3155 on: December 26, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »

If you can product change it seems to reset limit but I have only been able to do that on one of our cards( arrival plus downgraded to arrival)

What about moving the credit limit to another Barclaycard? If the other card is >2y old I can just start using that one instead of the old one.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3156 on: December 26, 2018, 03:23:41 PM »
Another question: what is the AU limit for Barclaycard? I have counted 35 AUs total that I added for that card that doesn't seem to work anymore. 

FrontRanger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3157 on: December 26, 2018, 03:30:44 PM »
Has anyone been contacted from a former employee at the old company who now works at Octaskills? Seems like a new tradelines co just getting up and running. Offer higher and faster payout, but a bit skeptical. Anyone else gotten a call too?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3158 on: December 26, 2018, 06:40:13 PM »
Another question: what is the AU limit for Barclaycard? I have counted 35 AUs total that I added for that card that doesn't seem to work anymore.

As best I can tell, it is between 35-38 AU slots.  Before I got into TL sales, I had a couple of family members as AU's, which skews my count a bit.

P.S. You should be able to move part of the credit limit to another card.  BC has great customer service..

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3159 on: December 27, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
How are you guys doing add's for Elan cards?  Old TL company recommends calling in which I have been doing.  I don't mind calling in but lately I have been getting some difficult names.  I find it a bit hard to get through the calls if the names are too long/difficult.  I am wondering if I should try the online form....

Any suggestions?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3160 on: December 28, 2018, 08:05:03 AM »
Think like a regular person.  You want to add your friend, Raj Banjo.  You say his name like that and then tell the person, "his name is really long, let me spell it out...R A J A M E N A D I N G D O N G is the first name and B A N G I N G O B A L A B I N G B O N G A L A M A is his last name.  See why I just call him Raj Banjo?  The CSR won't care.  They're just typing in what you say.  You will want a story ready as to how they're related to you.  Remember the story before you call.  The CSRs sometimes get confused.  I had one call me the AU's first name during the call and I corrected them saying "No, Ting is my friend, I'm Jack".  Getting the CSR a little embarrassed isn't a bad thing....I expect they then want to be a bit nicer to me since they screwed up my name with the AU.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3161 on: December 29, 2018, 06:42:29 PM »
I've never been asked my relationship with the AU and I don't plan on telling them anything beyond it's a business associate.  As for pronunciation, they probably have no idea how it's supposed to be pronounced and probably don't care, they always ask me to spell it anyway.

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #3162 on: December 31, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »
I know Barclays is a pretty preferred tradeline card.  There's no SS# spot when added online.  What's the best way to add the SS#.  I actually sold one spot yesterday and called it in.  The 2nd spot sold tonight and I'm not crazy about calling in again.
I just never add an SSN with Barclay's. I've always found the rest of the info (name, DOB, and address) is enough, and I've never had one not post.

I know several others do the same thing.

There are people who do add it (and the TL companies recommend you do). Add them like normal online and then calling to add the SSN, like you did, is the correct way.

It seems that the new company wants you to add the SSN but the old company doesn't per their instructions. So I just add the SSN only for the new company.

Last month I sold about $700 spots it feels good. I wish my wife would participate with me but she thinks what we do is shady.... Oh well.

wienerdog

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3163 on: January 04, 2019, 10:03:05 AM »
I had a an order on 6/25 and still haven't seen a payment.  Is it common to go this long and do you always have to nag them to get paid?

Nope. An order on 6/25 likely posted early July, meaning payment should be end of September (two months later).

Contact the TL company, and if you can't get ahold of them, PM me details (your name/email and which TL company) and I can contact them to find out.

They said it did not report so that is why I never got paid.  I guess they post login credentials on the portal and you are supposed to login to see the proof.

It is a very common problem with the "new" company (at least for me, and plenty of others who have posted in this thread.)  After finally receiving the last payment I was due, after about a month of constant nagging, I shut down my account and moved all my cards to the "old" company.  The new company pays promptly when they say they will, without the need to ask.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3164 on: January 05, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »
For the last two AUs i tried to add to my Discover card, after I entered the information online and submitted, the AU status online went "Pending" and I was asked for proof of address and SSN for AUs. At the same time, I received emails saying that AUs were added. Did anybody get similar messages from Discover? What does it mean? If I don't provide proof of address and SSN, will the AUs not get reported to bureaus or will they still get reported and perhaps I just won't receive the cards?

It seems like Discover changes their settings in the system for me because I had added a few AUs before. Perhaps from now on they will require this information for every AU i try to add.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3165 on: January 06, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
Anyone been paid for their late October adds yet?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #3166 on: January 06, 2019, 11:19:32 AM »

Or early October? ;-)

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #3167 on: January 06, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »

Or early October? ;-)

I did an add on 10/2 for a card that would have reported on 10/8, and did get paid in late December (about a month before I thought I would)
I did an add on 10/24 for a card that would have reported on 11/5, and I haven't seen that payment yet (nor am I expecting it)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 03:53:19 PM by chuckster »

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3168 on: January 08, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
Anyone ever add an AU to BBVA Compass?  I'm all over the site and find nothing.  Not even a search function.  I'll call if I have to, but of course would rather not.

***edit: Answering my own question, since I had to add the tradeline, I called in.  There is no online way to add, so I did it with the CSR.  No issues.  Easy enough.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:17:46 AM by Car Jack »

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3169 on: January 09, 2019, 07:38:06 AM »
Anyone ever add an AU to BBVA Compass?  I'm all over the site and find nothing.  Not even a search function.  I'll call if I have to, but of course would rather not.

***edit: Answering my own question, since I had to add the tradeline, I called in.  There is no online way to add, so I did it with the CSR.  No issues.  Easy enough.

So which company will use this credit card?  The new one or the old one ?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3170 on: January 09, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »
Old one.  When they sent the message about $25 new cards, I just went through the list and shot them over.  I have this one from a Bonus to open, the middle of last year. 

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3171 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:55 PM »
So how much is everyone making? I got to the game late and only cleared one AU so far, so $75 for me.  Got 2 cards with lots of slots just going unused.

If everything pays out, we'll have made a little under $4000 between the two of us for 2017 (and a few sales made towards end of this year, which will pay out next year)

If your interested in an updated data point: 2018 we had roughly $5500 in paid Tradeline sales, with "old" recommended company.

That translates to covering a nice chunk of our spending last year, so there is something to be said for income you didn't plan for in retirement. However, I also had my two easiest money maker cards shut down, so there's also something to be said for gravy trains eventually ending.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #3172 on: January 09, 2019, 10:02:41 PM »
Which two cards?

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3173 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »
Which two cards?
Three actually, a discover card each between wife and I, and a Fidelity/Elan card

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3174 on: January 09, 2019, 10:45:46 PM »
Which two cards?
Three actually, a discover card each between wife and I, and a Fidelity/Elan card

It would be really helpful I think if you could describe what sort of AU activity you had on the cards, what the CC companies' behavior was right before the shutdowns, and anything you think might have been a risk factor to the shutdowns.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #3175 on: January 09, 2019, 10:51:20 PM »
I added a line to my Barclays yesterday online (I think only 4th or 5th total with them so definitely not because I hit a max), but it never showed up on my account page. Called, phone support said they see the AU as pending, but they are confirming the AU details first before they add him officially. Notified TL company of this situation, they said sometimes this happens, and we're waiting until Friday [the deadline Barclays gave me] to see if it shows as added or they'll have to cancel the order.

This ever happen to anyone? Does this mean I should no longer do online adds?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3176 on: January 10, 2019, 12:29:04 AM »
I added a line to my Barclays yesterday online (I think only 4th or 5th total with them so definitely not because I hit a max), but it never showed up on my account page. Called, phone support said they see the AU as pending, but they are confirming the AU details first before they add him officially. Notified TL company of this situation, they said sometimes this happens, and we're waiting until Friday [the deadline Barclays gave me] to see if it shows as added or they'll have to cancel the order.

I had Barclays get sideways with me about one AU once, but not in the way you describe.

There's always risks associated with this type of activity.  Inform yourself fully, evaluate the risk/reward ratio from your perspective, and then decide.  It's really that simple.

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #3177 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:24 AM »

I had Barclays get sideways with me about one AU once, but not in the way you describe.

There's always risks associated with this type of activity.  Inform yourself fully, evaluate the risk/reward ratio from your perspective, and then decide.  It's really that simple.

I meant should I call in for future adds vs the website, not adds in general. :) But yes--agreeing with the sentiment.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #3178 on: January 10, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »
Which two cards?

It would be really helpful I think if you could describe what sort of AU activity you had on the cards, what the CC companies' behavior was right before the shutdowns, and anything you think might have been a risk factor to the shutdowns.

For Discover, I had about ten sales in 2017, and five in 2018. Then saw a strange notification on website with one add, sometime after my Discover card was shut down. Otherwise nothing unusual. Many people here reported Discover shutdowns around the same time.

Fidelity/Elan, I had about ten sales in 2018, all by phone. My last add on that call got escalated and questions were asked. That specific AU was added, but soon after my card was closed.

It has been a little while, but it's possible I could have done something to raise attention with Fidelity/Elan. I was travelling, with the kids, and harried. I called late at night and remember being a little confused myself on the phone. It could also have been random.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3179 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:21 AM »
Which two cards?

For Discover, I had about ten sales in 2017, and five in 2018. Then saw a strange notification on website with one add, sometime after my Discover card was shut down. Otherwise nothing unusual. Many people here reported Discover shutdowns around the same time.

Fidelity/Elan, I had about ten sales in 2018, all by phone. My last add on that call got escalated and questions were asked. That specific AU was added, but soon after my card was closed.

It has been a little while, but it's possible I could have done something to raise attention with Fidelity/Elan. I was travelling, with the kids, and harried. I called late at night and remember being a little confused myself on the phone. It could also have been random.

Thanks for the info.  I personally think it would be a useful exercise to continually try to figure out what bothers the CC companies enough to shut individuals down, or if they're taking a blanket approach and there's not much one can do to avoid shutdowns (other than not add AU's).  My guess is that it's a blanket approach based on total AU's per card, but individual AUs can raise suspicion if the AU is on some sort of list.  But again, that's just my guess.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3180 on: January 10, 2019, 09:03:54 AM »

I meant should I call in for future adds vs the website, not adds in general. :) But yes--agreeing with the sentiment.

Ah, thanks.  I always try to follow the TL company's recommendations.  New Company has specific instructions that seem to vary based on issuer - some can be call-ins and some can be online.  I forget what New Company recommends for Barclays, but I have a Barclays card with them and I've called in all of the AU's on that one.

I have used the website at USBank to remove when the hold time for a rep is 45 minutes.  It takes a few days but has worked fine.

jojoguy

• Bristles
« Reply #3181 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:56 PM »
If a cc company closes a card because of Terms of Agreement breach, does it effect the other cards you have with the same company? I have a couple of Chase cards I may be willing to use for tradelines, but I also have a Chase Sapphire that I want to keep for just travel points. I would hate to lose any of these cards, but I would especially hate losing the Sapphire.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3182 on: January 11, 2019, 07:04:40 PM »
If a cc company closes a card because of Terms of Agreement breach, does it effect the other cards you have with the same company? I have a couple of Chase cards I may be willing to use for tradelines, but I also have a Chase Sapphire that I want to keep for just travel points. I would hate to lose any of these cards, but I would especially hate losing the Sapphire.

Most of them just close that one line. Chase closes them all, which is why many of us don't enroll our Chase cards. Not worth severing that relationship.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3183 on: January 11, 2019, 07:11:46 PM »
Questions about barclaycard product change to reset the tradeline limit (which I think I hit on one of my cards).

Is there a way to make sure that the card opening date doesn't reset when you change the product? I suppose it has to be a visa card if the previous card is also a visa, but is there any other way to make sure it doesn't just register as a brand new card with the bureaus and become useless for tradeline sales?

Is it possible to switch to a bacrlaycard uber card, keep the current card opening date which is 5+ years back (even though it's a new product) and get a signup bonus which is 200 for 400 spend? The bonus is not necessary because the card is good anyway, a free card with no foreign transaction fees.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:13:30 PM by Padonak »

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #3184 on: January 11, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
Product change will not get you the sign up.

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3185 on: January 11, 2019, 08:34:55 PM »
Questions about barclaycard product change to reset the tradeline limit (which I think I hit on one of my cards).

Is there a way to make sure that the card opening date doesn't reset when you change the product? I suppose it has to be a visa card if the previous card is also a visa, but is there any other way to make sure it doesn't just register as a brand new card with the bureaus and become useless for tradeline sales?

Is it possible to switch to a bacrlaycard uber card, keep the current card opening date which is 5+ years back (even though it's a new product) and get a signup bonus which is 200 for 400 spend? The bonus is not necessary because the card is good anyway, a free card with no foreign transaction fees.

A product change will retain the original card's history, but you won't be eligible for the signup bonus (and it will typically make you ineligible for that card's signup bonus for some period of time). Some issuers are more liberal with product changes, while others will restrict you to only change within the same brand (Chase Southwest card can't be changed to a United card, for example). I'm not super familiar with Barclays' product change rules, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask which cards you would be eligible to convert to. There is probably also some anecdotal evidence if you search on Reddit or Doctor of Credit.

jojoguy

• Bristles
« Reply #3186 on: January 12, 2019, 02:38:08 AM »

Most of them just close that one line. Chase closes them all, which is why many of us don't enroll our Chase cards. Not worth severing that relationship.

Thankyou, sir. I really like my chase cards.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #3187 on: January 12, 2019, 09:18:19 PM »
I've sold 2 tradelines so far on a BofA card (same card) - thanks @arebelspy! One payment posted and waiting for one more. Don't know how much I want to scale up but for now, we'll see how things go. It took a few months before my first bite and the wait sure felt long!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3188 on: January 14, 2019, 08:47:21 AM »
Anyone still using Discover with success? I just sold my first 2 spots on Discover and wondering if they are still shutting accounts down. I rarely use the card so don't really care if it gets shut down.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3189 on: January 14, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »

Barclays has good CS reps, so I would recommend you call.  However, in my experience, you can only downgrade, not product change.  ie you can go from Arrival+ to Arrival; not Arrival to Uber.

If this is confirmed, it may make sense for folks to season a BC card with an annual fee to allow for future downgrade.

P.S. You might also try the stolen card/lost card function on the web site.  This did not work for me.  I assume it is tied into the same process as AU's on the back-end and couldn't "make" a new card.  Worth a shot!

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #3190 on: January 14, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »
I have one of the Barclay NFL cards. I wonder if it would count as a product change if I just switched teams from the NY Giants to the NY Jets or something lol

frogstomp81

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3191 on: January 14, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »
Anyone had a CC application denied for the following reason? Just received this denial from CapitalOne. I've opened 7-8 tradelines in the previous 24 months.

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Capital One®. Unfortunately, after reviewing your
application and information obtained from your consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed
on the back of this letter - we cannot approve your request at this time.
The reason(s) for our decision are:

• Based on your credit report from Trans Union,number of bank cards tradelines opened in the
last 24 months

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3192 on: January 14, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »
Anyone had a CC application denied for the following reason? Just received this denial from CapitalOne. I've opened 7-8 tradelines in the previous 24 months.

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Capital One®. Unfortunately, after reviewing your
application and information obtained from your consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed
on the back of this letter - we cannot approve your request at this time.
The reason(s) for our decision are:

• Based on your credit report from Trans Union,number of bank cards tradelines opened in the
last 24 months

That has to do with you opening new lines (i.e. new credit cards).

It has nothing to do with selling tradelines (adding authorized users).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3193 on: January 14, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
Does the requirement that credit utilization of accounts not exceed 15% apply to each account used for AUs or does it apply to all total credit available on all my cards? 

I have a PNC card that the new company is currently resting and it currently has no AUs (credit limit $25k).  I would like to do a $10,000 balance transfer offer for which PNC is offering 0% interest until Feb 28, 2020. I would stop charging to the card and allow no new AUs. Will this cause any problem for the other AUs I have on other (non-PNC) cards?  I guess I would also have to notify the tradeline company that I want to rest the card until I say otherwise.

I am trying to look at options for getting cash if this Federal govt. shutdown nonsense is going to continue much longer.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3194 on: January 14, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »
Does the requirement that credit utilization of accounts not exceed 15% apply to each account used for AUs or does it apply to all total credit available on all my cards? 

I have a PNC card that the new company is currently resting and it currently has no AUs (credit limit $25k).  I would like to do a $10,000 balance transfer offer for which PNC is offering 0% interest until Feb 28, 2020. I would stop charging to the card and allow no new AUs. Will this cause any problem for the other AUs I have on other (non-PNC) cards?  I guess I would also have to notify the tradeline company that I want to rest the card until I say otherwise.

I am trying to look at options for getting cash if this Federal govt. shutdown nonsense is going to continue much longer.

Just for that card. That's the one that shows up on their credit report, and your utilization on that card will affect them. On your other cards won't.

PennySaved75

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3195 on: January 14, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »

Just for that card. That's the one that shows up on their credit report, and your utilization on that card will affect them. On your other cards won't.

Thanks!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3196 on: January 14, 2019, 09:12:27 PM »

Barclays has good CS reps, so I would recommend you call.  However, in my experience, you can only downgrade, not product change.  ie you can go from Arrival+ to Arrival; not Arrival to Uber.

If this is confirmed, it may make sense for folks to season a BC card with an annual fee to allow for future downgrade.

P.S. You might also try the stolen card/lost card function on the web site.  This did not work for me.  I assume it is tied into the same process as AU's on the back-end and couldn't "make" a new card.  Worth a shot!

Thank you! What do you mean lost/stolen card function didn't work for you? They issued a new card with a different number, right? Do you mean your tradeline limit didn't reset after that? How about credit card history with the bureaus, did the card opening date remain the same?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3197 on: January 14, 2019, 09:35:25 PM »

Thank you! What do you mean lost/stolen card function didn't work for you? They issued a new card with a different number, right? Do you mean your tradeline limit didn't reset after that? How about credit card history with the bureaus, did the card opening date remain the same?

The web site button didn't work.  It returned an error similar to trying to add an AU after I hit the limit.  (You might be able to get this done by calling in; I didn't try).

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3198 on: January 15, 2019, 06:05:21 AM »
When you report a card lost or stolen, does anybody know what happens to your current authorized users? If they don't have actual cards, do they stay as AUs on a replaced card?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:08:52 AM by Padonak »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3199 on: January 15, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
When you report a card lost or stolen, does anybody know what happens to your current authorized users? If they don't have actual cards, do they stay as AUs on a replaced card?

In one instance where I had this happen the CC company sent replacement cards for me and the AUs to my address, and the AUs remained.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!