Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901488 times)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #2250 on: March 22, 2018, 03:09:05 AM »
Are people with account closures getting them shortly after adding/removing an AU or long after?  I had two sales a year ago so hoping I’m safe, but wondering what the trigger is.  Are we taking monthly sales or just a few here and there?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2251 on: March 22, 2018, 03:30:47 AM »
I had my Bank of America cards shut down after I added 3 users to each one in a short amount of time.  It was soon after I had added one. One card I had not used for a year  and then used it and added. I don't know if we can figure out the trigger. I suspet they were  doing an audit. I also was called 6 months ago by Discover and they asked me to confirm the AU which my wife did. She is the cool cucumber,  I was nervous.  Now I limit myself to 2 user per card per 2-3 month period.  Currently I have another user lined up I may add them first, but then quickly remove the old one so that I only have 2 again.  I like the money but understand the game could be over at any time.  I consider the money a bonus.

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2252 on: March 22, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
Are people with account closures getting them shortly after adding/removing an AU or long after?  I had two sales a year ago so hoping I’m safe, but wondering what the trigger is.  Are we taking monthly sales or just a few here and there?

For me, this was my 3rd or 4th user I'd removed. I received no communication from Discover, my card just stopped working.

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #2253 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:11 PM »
I had my Bank of America cards shut down after I added 3 users to each one in a short amount of time.  It was soon after I had added one. One card I had not used for a year  and then used it and added. I don't know if we can figure out the trigger. I suspet they were  doing an audit. I also was called 6 months ago by Discover and they asked me to confirm the AU which my wife did. She is the cool cucumber,  I was nervous.  Now I limit myself to 2 user per card per 2-3 month period.  Currently I have another user lined up I may add them first, but then quickly remove the old one so that I only have 2 again.  I like the money but understand the game could be over at any time.  I consider the money a bonus.

I hope its a one time audit and not a systematic-ongoing audit that closes cards based on AU activity and other factors. That would be the beginning of the end if others catch on.  Of my two closed BOA cards, one was dormant for ~10 years/$30K credit line when I added two AUs over the course of two months the other dormant 2 years/$35K credit line and I added one AU and it was closed.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2254 on: March 22, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »
captial one has been lowering credit limits when they arent being utilized myself and a friend both recently had this happen.  I'm a gold Member at BofA so maybe i skate by there without as much scrutiny but i've added and removed probably 20-30 people between 2 cards over the last almost 2 years and have had no shutdowns.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2255 on: March 22, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »
I'm surprised arebelspy hasn't chimed in here lately.  He started this whole thing and now that it's blowing up with numerous complaints he's disappeared? 

I have a few cards that are aged almost 2 years that I planned to sell tradelines.  Now I'm not so sure it's worth it.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2256 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:54 PM »
Definitely not arebelspy's fault! Personally, I'm glad he let the rest of us in on this. He warned us all of the possibilities of card closure - if you have a card you don't want shut down, don't sell tradelines on it. Simple. I wouldn't be surprised if arebelspy isn't somewhere off the grid at the moment. If not, he most likely would have chimed in already. Please feel free to drop out if you don't want to risk card closure though, I could use more sales...  ;)

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2257 on: March 22, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »
They just had a major health scare recently with their new baby so he has more important things on his mind at this point I am sure.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2258 on: March 22, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »
- if you have a card you don't want shut down, don't sell tradelines on it. Simple.

^This.

As it has been mentioned numerous times, there are a couple of CC companies that seem to be oblivious.  One could sign up for those companies and let them age.  Hopefully, this will continue for a few more years or longer.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2259 on: March 22, 2018, 02:23:42 PM »
They just had a major health scare recently with their new baby so he has more important things on his mind at this point I am sure.

I was not aware of this.  He had always chimed in previously when the complaints piled up so I was wondering why he hadn't checked in lately.  Obviously family health issues trump this kind of stuff.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2260 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
He posted about it on one of his threads. I can't remember if it was the Babyspy thread or his where is he thread.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2261 on: March 22, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
I'm surprised arebelspy hasn't chimed in here lately.  He started this whole thing and now that it's blowing up with numerous complaints he's disappeared?

I haven't been on the forums much in the last few months, because life. I pretty much just log in to respond to PMs and moderator reports.

I still monitor the thread sometimes, but don't feel the need to chime in when others are doing it. If you have a specific question, feel free to ask, or PM me. :)

As far as the complaints:
1) Late payments: All December payments were made, and half of January (the ones due a few weeks ago). Payments are late, and have been for awhile, but they're getting caught up, rather than falling behind. I'm definitely monitoring this.
2) Card closures: Yeah, it sucks when your card is closed. If you don't want to risk that, definitely don't sell tradelines on it. There are a few issuers that seem to never close cards (like Barclays), but it's still a risk even with them.

My offer is always open to help act as a liaison with any of the tradeline companies I've vetted, and people take me up on it semi-regularly, with pretty good results. If you have a concern, always feel free to PM me. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2262 on: March 22, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »

Did BofA just shut down the cards you used for tradelines or all your cards with them? Did it happen at the same time?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2263 on: March 22, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »
BOA shut down both of the cards I had with them and I did tradelines on both those cards.
I had just started, and only had tjhose 2 accounts for a little over a year.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2264 on: March 23, 2018, 06:07:27 AM »
i'm intrigued to hear more details about people's relationships with BofA who are getting shutdown - do you have a bank account with them and how long you've been active with them b/c i've had no issues as i said above.  Wonder if the gold status helps out.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2265 on: March 23, 2018, 08:25:23 AM »
Just a data point.  I had opened with that newer, sketchier tradeline co and immediately got 2 BoA AUs.  I added them.  Then got the message that one AU used a stolen CC to pay for their tradeline, remove them.  I did.  Other went fine.  Removed when told, paid.  BoA hasn't peeped.  I don't really care, though.  I have 4 CCs with BoA, literally opened only to collect the sign on bonus in my regular churning.  I don't care if they close them all down.  They don't even do low balance forgiveness.

ss17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2266 on: March 23, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »
I also had a BOA card closed after I signed up and had my 1'st 2 adds with the new company back in Jan 2017.  This was an old card with a high limit that I hadn't used much recently. 
Last year, I had also started churning for signup bonuses, & last month I saw a BOA card that made sense to signup for.  Unfortunately, I was denied for the card by BOA,  since I have excellent credit, I called to inquire, & was told I was denied due to BOA closing the card last year, so if you want to Churn BOA cards, then you won't want to sell TL's on them.

bernardnb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2267 on: March 23, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »

My Cap One and Discover cards were shut down somewhere around a month after the last additions, so it wasn't immediate.  I had been paid for them, but had not yet been instructed to remove. 

As a data point here is what happened to me (note I do not use either tradeline company that has been recommended here).

In December 2017 Cap One card is put in "temporarily restricted" status.  I call to find out why and they say something about concerns over fraud and that I would need to submit the DL and signed SS card of my AUs.  I get those from tradeline company and provide to Cap One.  They come back and say that I need to supply those documents for ALL the AUs that I have ever added.  From 7/2016 through 11/2017 I added 20 AUs.  I receive all the documents and supply them, but one of SS cards was not signed.  Tradeline company tries to track down AU, but has no luck in getting a signed version.  Cap One will not budget on lifting restriction.  Although not sure they were going to lift it even with all the docs.

This account is technically not closed.  Tradeline company suggested waiting 6 months to see if it gets lifted or requesting the restriction be lifted at that time.

From 7/2016 through 1/2018 I added 23 AUs to my Discover card.  The last 2 adds were paid as well, but before being told to remove them my two Discover accounts (one being used for AUs and one in process of seasoning)  were closed March 8 .  I called to find out why, but was given some generic answer that others have received and was told to write a letter for more info.  I also received a note in my account's inbox that read as follows:

As part of normal account review procedures, we have reviewed your account. Based on this review, we are closing your credit line to further transactions. The following reason(s) will help explain our decision:

- WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO MEET YOUR SERVICING NEEDS

Not exactly sure what that means and I did write a letter, but I'm expecting some standard response without any real further answer. 

Also, not sure if it's BS and she is just trying to sympathize with me, but my contact at the tradeline company said her Discover was shut down as well and that she had never added an AU.

I knew it could go away at anytime, but definitely sucks to lose them.  Had made almost $6800 since starting.  I do have 4-5 other cards that are just aging in, but don't expect much activity since they are so young.

Zap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2268 on: March 23, 2018, 09:40:33 AM »
I have one BoA card with the "old" company. I only sell two TLs on it and since last fall they have been staggered where I only add/remove one per month. The company was resting the card for several months last summer.

So with that background in mind, something has changed with BoA. Previously, all the customer service reps followed the same script: destroy the card and any checks, you will still be responsible for any charges made, yadda yadda. Easy peasy. With the last two it's changed. On one call the rep asked my relationship with the AU. They also offered to issue a new account number of prevent future unauthorized use. On the other, the rep wanted to make sure the AU I was removing wasn't deceased. Again, they offered a new card and number.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2269 on: March 23, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »
20 AUs added on one card.  Holy crap.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #2270 on: March 23, 2018, 12:46:57 PM »
I've rested both my cards. I had 2 added in Dec and just got the remove request for one. I was surprised to discover the other one has re-upped for some reason so I'll get another payment for that one.

bernardnb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2271 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »

I don't think it's that many given it was over the course of a year and a half.  Works out to little over 1 per month.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2272 on: March 23, 2018, 01:41:43 PM »

I don't think it's that many given it was over the course of a year and a half.  Works out to little over 1 per month.

Agreed.  Looks like I have had 25 on one card with old TL co in about 20 months.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #2273 on: March 23, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »
I’m curious if anyone uses Traveling Mailbox, a UPS store address, or similar service to protect their privacy when selling Tradelines. Or to protect the AU from being associated with your address?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2274 on: March 25, 2018, 08:41:45 AM »

I've been with the new company for about 14 months.  4 cards registered.  3 AUs total over that time.  That's where my response came from.

Arbit Trage

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2275 on: March 25, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
I'm just now getting into travel hacking/churning so I'm thinking selling TL might not be for me...has there been any updates on a third recommended company or is the 2nd still the preferred?

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #2276 on: March 27, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
I’m curious if anyone uses Traveling Mailbox, a UPS store address, or similar service to protect their privacy when selling Tradelines. Or to protect the AU from being associated with your address?

I use Traveling Mailbox for my primary mailing needs, but not for the reasons you have listed.

doggyfizzle

• Bristles
« Reply #2277 on: March 29, 2018, 02:06:16 PM »
I have one BoA card with the "old" company. I only sell two TLs on it and since last fall they have been staggered where I only add/remove one per month. The company was resting the card for several months last summer.

So with that background in mind, something has changed with BoA. Previously, all the customer service reps followed the same script: destroy the card and any checks, you will still be responsible for any charges made, yadda yadda. Easy peasy. With the last two it's changed. On one call the rep asked my relationship with the AU. They also offered to issue a new account number of prevent future unauthorized use. On the other, the rep wanted to make sure the AU I was removing wasn't deceased. Again, they offered a new card and number.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

My recent experience exactly.  I removed 3 AUs on the same day (which I should have staggered) and added 4 more within a couple days.  I’m pretty sure I got shut down - I got a notice this morning on my AAA credit monitoring that BoA had posted a “negative” comment to my credit report.  It’s still pending, but that card is definitely frozen and my online interface for my BoA credit cards has changed.  Not sure if calling is worth it; I’m sure the rep will still shut me down.  Fortunately I don’t have a deep relationship with BoA (checking, investments) but I did enjoy the little bit of extra passive income while it lasted.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2278 on: March 29, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »
The old tradeline company is looking for more cards.

After still more research, they are still only one of two companies that I'd recommend (and currently the main one I'd recommend, since the "new" company, as we've been calling it, has a huge glut of cards).

Criteria: Barclays, Capital One, Citibank, Discover, PNC, US Bank, USAA. Minimum $5k limit, minimum five years old. They will take cards that are younger if they have a very high limit, or cards that have a low limit, if they're very old. Doesn't hurt to ask on a particular card, but if it's newer and with a low-ish limit, it probably isn't useful for selling tradelines.

They obviously pay more for higher limits. Card age has no effect on payments with this company.

Here is their commission schedule:
Discover, Citibank, Barclays, US Bank, and PNC - 2 Month Cycle Commission:
    Limit $5,000 - $15,000 and 2+ years old - $75 per spot
    Limit $15,000 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more 2+ years old - $225 per spot

Capital One and USAA - 3 Month Cycle Commission:
    Limit $15,000 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $150 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more 5+ years old - $275 per spot

2/3 month cycle means you are paid that one amount to keep the AU on for 2 months or 3 months, respectively.

Disclaimer: I will get a referral commission when you sell AU spots, but you will get paid the same whether you use my referral or not--it will not reduce your payment to have me as the referral, and for this month, you'll make $150 more than you would otherwise due to the signup bonus.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:45:20 AM by arebelspy »
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2279 on: March 30, 2018, 07:34:04 AM »
I got the email yesterday from the "old" company. Comparing their payout schedule, I would be in the same bucket on the cards I could move, so I did. I already had one card enrolled with them and the fact that payment posted exactly when the portal said it would was reason enough to move more cards there. Bonus, I noticed I had a Barclay card that met the age requirement but only had a $4k limit. I requested a limit increase and was able to enroll that one as well! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have more volume than what I've been seeing with the "new" company. I still have one younger card with the "new" company that is starting to see some action, and will enroll another one that turns a year old in April. Overall, I'm not going to get rich off the extra income, but it's still a nice boost that I wasn't expecting a year ago! Thanks arebelspy - hope all is going well with you and the family!

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2280 on: March 30, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
Is the December 2016/Jan 2017 company the “new” company?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2281 on: March 30, 2018, 07:24:44 PM »
Yes.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2282 on: March 30, 2018, 08:04:37 PM »
Another data point about BofA. They blocked my card after i added 3 AUs. I called them and they re-activated the card. I will put this card on hold with a tradeline company and will see what happens to other AU sellers who report in this thread. If BofA continues to block or cancel accounts, I will not use their card for tradelines anymore.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2283 on: March 30, 2018, 09:31:14 PM »
I had 3 adds in Feb.  2 on my citi card ($75 each), and 1 on my BoA ($175).

I just noticed there was a $50 payment in my checking account 10 days ago (the description matches the payment I received several months ago for my first sale exactly, so it's the same tradeline company).  This is much sooner than I expected for any of these adds, and doesn't match any of the expected payments.  What's up with that?

doggyfizzle

• Bristles
« Reply #2284 on: March 30, 2018, 10:38:35 PM »
Another data point about BofA. They blocked my card after i added 3 AUs. I called them and they re-activated the card. I will put this card on hold with a tradeline company and will see what happens to other AU sellers who report in this thread. If BofA continues to block or cancel accounts, I will not use their card for tradelines anymore.

I haven’t called BoA yet about my blocked card; would you mind elaborating a little bit on how your phone conversation went?  It still shows in my online account, but it’s clearly restricted since I can’t even see the add authorized user link anymore (unlike on my other BoA card).

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2285 on: March 30, 2018, 10:40:06 PM »

I haven’t called BoA yet about my blocked card; would you mind elaborating a little bit on how your phone conversation went?  It still shows in my online account, but it’s clearly restricted since I can’t even see the add authorized user link anymore (unlike on my other BoA card).

The message about restricted card includes the phone number, just call it. They asked me if AUs were added by me, i said yes, they unblocked the card.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2286 on: March 30, 2018, 10:52:41 PM »
Also, when I called Citibank to add an AU to my card, they transferred me to their fraud department, asked a few questions to verify my identity and added AU.

I'm not counting on selling tradelines as a long term side gig. It's just a loophole, enjoy it while it lasts.

spot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2287 on: March 31, 2018, 07:14:11 AM »
Guys, my Discover card account just got closed due to them getting wise about tradelining. What should I do? Is there a chance they'll let me re-open the account? I knew it was part of the risks, but it sucks since I had a high credit limit with them...I guess this is going to ruin my credit score?

Did they actually give a reason for the closure? What exactly did it say?

But yeah, you are unlikely to get it reopened if they closed it for tradelines. Call in, maybe you will get lucky.

I tried calling and the initial operator looking at my account saw something about authorized users, but couldn't give me further details and told me to call another number. I haven't called that other number yet. If I call and they ask why I added these people, I guess I can't lie and I'll tell the truth.

I just added my Discover with the "old" company and got two AUs. Went to remove them today on Discover's website, and got a message saying I had previously posted a fraud alert with a credit bureau and to call them. Guess this game is over.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2288 on: March 31, 2018, 08:04:11 AM »
I have been selling tradelines for just over a year, I had myBOA closed down and now I have a restriction on my Capital
One account--probably they will be shutting me down as well bt maybe not.
Once Discover did that to me -- put a restriction on my account, and I called and they just wanted to verify the AU .  Like we have been told, do not enroll the cards that you can not afford to loose. I have made about 2K in that amount of time from tradelines. Nothing to sneeze at.
I was thinking of de enrolling my chase cards and  enrolling my Barclays in light of the shut downs. I noticed my Discover is resting with company number two.

spot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2289 on: April 01, 2018, 04:00:50 AM »
Guys, my Discover card account just got closed due to them getting wise about tradelining. What should I do? Is there a chance they'll let me re-open the account? I knew it was part of the risks, but it sucks since I had a high credit limit with them...I guess this is going to ruin my credit score?

Did they actually give a reason for the closure? What exactly did it say?

But yeah, you are unlikely to get it reopened if they closed it for tradelines. Call in, maybe you will get lucky.

I tried calling and the initial operator looking at my account saw something about authorized users, but couldn't give me further details and told me to call another number. I haven't called that other number yet. If I call and they ask why I added these people, I guess I can't lie and I'll tell the truth.

I just added my Discover with the "old" company and got two AUs. Went to remove them today on Discover's website, and got a message saying I had previously posted a fraud alert with a credit bureau and to call them. Guess this game is over.

Yep. Sure enough got a secure message from Discover this morning saying they had closed my account. Cest la vie.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2290 on: April 01, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
Question;
Are we suppose to put (at least) a small charge on all cards that are registered with a tradeline Co. every month or just the mo's that they have an AU?
I know to put a charge on all cards every few mo's to keep the account active.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2291 on: April 01, 2018, 11:03:28 AM »
For those who had Discover cards shut down:

1) Did you have a discover checking or savings account also?
2) Did you have a balance on the card when shut down?

Curious if any of this would impact closure...

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #2292 on: April 01, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »
Question;
Are we suppose to put (at least) a small charge on all cards that are registered with a tradeline Co. every month or just the mo's that they have an AU?

Just the months they have an AU.  Personally what I do is add the AU then make a small charge that day, then I make a small charge on that same account a day or two after my closing date each month as long as the AU is on the card.

The reason for the charge is so that the CC company reports the tradeline to the credit bureaus with the AU's name on it.  I suppose the CC companies don't necessarily report TL's with zero balances.

New company also recommends making a charge with the AU's card.  I don't do that and have never had a problem.

As for your last sentence, I've let many cards sit for over a year without a charge and they've remained open.  Personally I would say once a year is adequate.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2293 on: April 01, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
Question;

I always made sure to put at least 1 charge on every TL card every month, whether there is an AU or not.

My thought is that if you do get an audit, it shows regular activity on the card.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2294 on: April 01, 2018, 04:42:12 PM »
Question;

Just the months they have an AU. 

at least 1 charge on every TL card every month, whether there is an AU or not. 
I'm a gonna need a tie breaker...

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #2295 on: April 01, 2018, 05:01:18 PM »
LOL. I'd vote for every month if you want to appear less suspicious to the bank. To that end I've also decided to use them a bit more as well instead of just a charge or two.

For another post above, I had let my BoA acct sit dormant a couple years before getting a letter that it would be closed if I didn't call or make a charge by a certain time.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #2296 on: April 01, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »
LOL. I'd vote for every month if you want to appear less suspicious to the bank. To that end I've also decided to use them a bit more as well instead of just a charge or two.

For another post above, I had let my BoA acct sit dormant a couple years before getting a letter that it would be closed if I didn't call or make a charge by a certain time.

I agree with topshot and TomTX.  I conjecture that you're marginally less likely to get an account closed for piggybacking if it looks like you're using it as one of your regular cards.  Note there's no hard evidence, it's just common sense that a issuer will be more likely to shut you down the more you fit the "abusive user" profile.

Personally I have a preference for doing it my way, but that is due to my particular preferences / biases:  I don't really care if I get a card or an issuer shut down, I've got other things I'd rather do with my regular charging activity, and keeping track of charges across multiple piggybacking cards seems like more work than I'm willing to put in.  But that's just me; I can easily see the other side of the coin.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2297 on: April 01, 2018, 06:25:00 PM »
If you have apple pay or google pay (what used to be Android pay), you can just add your cards there and use them every now and then. It's easier because you don't have to put your cards in your wallet every time you want to make a transaction. Most point of sale terminals have apple/google pay functionality.

Obviously, recurring online bills (e.g. cell phones, internet, netflix) are more convenient vs using your cards occasionally, but as a mustachian I only have a couple of recurring bills and also use one of them to meet spend requirements for signup bonuses for new cards. So it's easier for me just to pay with my phone for a small transaction occasionally using one of the tradeline cards with no recurring bills. Frugal mustachian people's problems.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:30:58 PM by Padonak »

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #2298 on: April 02, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
New company also recommends making a charge with the AU's card.  I don't do that and have never had a problem.

Since AU's have the same card number, I would think it doesn't matter? I've been calling to activate the AU cards which I'm not 100% sure if that is even required.

In terms of keeping cards active, I add them to Amazon and go down the list making $1 gift card reloads on each ($1.99 on discover since they cancel the balance! So rich...)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2299 on: April 02, 2018, 03:49:14 PM »
The old tradeline company is looking for more cards.

After still more research, they are still only one of two companies that I'd recommend (and currently the main one I'd recommend, since the "new" company, as we've been calling it, has a huge glut of cards).

Criteria: Minimum $5k limit, minimum two years old. Barclays, Capital One, Citibank, Discover, PNC, US Bank, USAA.

They obviously pay more for higher limits. Card age has no effect on payments with this company.

Here is their commission schedule (click to expand):
Spoiler: show
Discover, Citibank, Barclays, US Bank, and PNC - 2 Month Cycle Commission:
    Limit $15,000 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $125 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $175 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more 2+ years old - $225 per spot

Capital One and USAA - 3 Month Cycle Commission:
    Limit $15,000 - $20,000 and 2+ years old - $150 per spot
    Limit $20,001 - $30,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
    Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $250 per spot
    Limit $40,001 - or more 5+ years old - $275 per spot

2/3 month cycle means you are paid that one amount to keep the AU on for 2 months or 3 months, respectively.

They're also offering a $150 signup bonus this month--April 2018--for referrals, which I told them to give to you (that will be paid  with your first payment when your first AU posts).

If you originally got it when tradeline stuff started in July 2016 with "old company" it's the same info, but if you only ever signed up with "new company" post-January 2017, feel free to PM me for a referral for their information.  :)

Disclaimer: I will get a referral commission when you sell AU spots, but you will get paid the same whether you use my referral or not--it will not reduce your payment to have me as the referral, and for this month, you'll make $150 more than you would otherwise due to the signup bonus.

Talked to the old company today, apparently they hired a very effective marketing company recently, and now have more orders than cards, thus the signup bonus offered right now.

Anyone looking to switch over to them, which has been the most reliable company, now is the time to do it, with the $150 signup bonus if you use my referral, seems likely you will get orders. See the above quoted post for details.  :)