Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901543 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #1600 on: September 09, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »
So, What does this Equifax breach mean for this whole strategy? If I choose to freeze my credit does that mean I'm entirely out of this game?

AFAIK, it shouldn't affect anything.

AUs don't show up on your credit report. Selling tradelines does not affect your credit. I don't see why freezing it would prevent you from adding AUs (it just prevents you, or anyone else, from opening new lines in your name that would show up on your credit report).

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1601 on: September 09, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
So, What does this Equifax breach mean for this whole strategy? If I choose to freeze my credit does that mean I'm entirely out of this game?

AFAIK, it shouldn't affect anything.

AUs don't show up on your credit report. Selling tradelines does not affect your credit. I don't see why freezing it would prevent you from adding AUs (it just prevents you, or anyone else, from opening new lines in your name that would show up on your credit report).

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.  :)

This may slow down sales, or cause issues for buyers, if they are savvy and freeze their credit. We had one AU not go through because the buyer had a freeze on his credit a few months ago - I think the companies are good at instructing people to remove freezes, but if more people have them, there may a higher incidence of an attempted AU add failing?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1602 on: September 09, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »
As an FYI, I just noticed my Discover is "Resting"

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1603 on: September 09, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »
This may slow down sales, or cause issues for buyers, if they are savvy and freeze their credit. We had one AU not go through because the buyer had a freeze on his credit a few months ago - I think the companies are good at instructing people to remove freezes, but if more people have them, there may a higher incidence of an attempted AU add failing?

Good point; it will not post for the AU if they do a credit freeze. Though, as you said, the company does attempt to ensure that the AU has not done that, in their communications with them.

As an FYI, I just noticed my Discover is "Resting"

Just checked, and mine is now as well. I had been intending to email them to do this myself anyways, looks like they're being proactive after the closures. Probably a smart move for the time being, while Discover is doing this crackdown.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1604 on: September 10, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
My Discover is also resting - glad they are being proactive as I was going to also email them to take a break on it. This is the message on my card info in the portal:

Discover performing audit as of 9/2017; resting cards as precaution for timebeing

I emailed the owner on Thursday of last week about still not receiving payment for my June add. No response yet. Shouldn't July adds be paid out soon as well? I had one in July too.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1605 on: September 10, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
I emailed the owner on Thursday of last week about still not receiving payment for my June add. No response yet. Shouldn't July adds be paid out soon as well? I had one in July too.

It is frustrating when this happens--feels like that should all be automated now with the portal (or at least very simple--click button to run report, send to payroll processor).

As always, if issues like this ever pop up, feel free to PM me if reaching out to the company doesn't get a prompt response and I'm happy to look into it.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1606 on: September 10, 2017, 11:57:22 AM »
With the old company, I have a Discover card at $9500.  I have always had my four spots full on that card because it is the cheapest rate for buyers at <$10k limit.  I'd try to get right under the next pay threshold.

So $14,999, $19,999, $29,999, or $39,999.

Wow, that seems like a really good idea. Are you confident that this method works? Maybe i'll try to bump $15,000 CL up to $19,500 or so.

I sell all the spots on that card every month.  If the customers have to pay a set amount for any cards under $10k, they are going to pick the ones with the highest limit possible.  I assume this will be the case with all brackets if the customers are able to pick the cards from a list.
How old is the card if you don't mind me asking?

My card is about 4 years old, and it is with the old company that I am getting the sales.  Though now I think I should probably tell them to stop any future adds while this audit is going on.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1607 on: September 11, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »
Okay, first time doing a BoA add - for the address, use mine as the address, or the AU's?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1608 on: September 11, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »
Okay, first time doing a BoA add - for the address, use mine as the address, or the AU's?

The AUs. The card will still come to your address (obviously).

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1609 on: September 11, 2017, 06:31:45 PM »

The AUs. The card will still come to your address (obviously).

Thanks! My wife pointed out that the email actually says to do that. *Doh*

Was excited at my first add from this company (and first add for anything other than US Bank) - so I rushed to the site rather than reading the email thoroughly.

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1610 on: September 14, 2017, 07:32:40 AM »
FYI, payments for July just hit my account

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #1611 on: September 14, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
Noticed something odd about the new company last night. Still haven't been paid for July, but when I view my card, I see 2 new names on the monthly timeline. However I received no alert to add them, and I do not have adding them as a task. No information to add them even if I wanted too. Very odd. I emailed them but have not got a reply. Really odd

monarda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1612 on: September 14, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
Not odd. You'll be getting a notice to add them shortly. Patience.
This happened to me a couple of days before it was time to add them.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1613 on: September 14, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
Yeah, it just means those people have purchased the slot, but it isn't time to add them yet.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1614 on: September 14, 2017, 10:58:55 AM »
FYI, payments for July just hit my account

Likewise.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1615 on: September 14, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »
Yeah, it just means those people have purchased the slot, but it isn't time to add them yet.

The tradeline company is probably waiting for payment to clear before instructing you to add them.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #1616 on: September 15, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
Trying to add an AU to my Cap One card.

The company did not give me the AU's phone number, but a phone number is required by Cap One.

Do I enter my own phone number?

E-mailed the company but have not heard back.

Thanks.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1617 on: September 15, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »
Trying to add an AU to my Cap One card.

The company did not give me the AU's phone number, but a phone number is required by Cap One.

Do I enter my own phone number?

E-mailed the company but have not heard back.

Thanks.

Yep, I use my # for that field. I don't think that's reported, and I'd rather their phone not be on anything. No unauthorized charges have ever happened in the 10+ year history of the company, but still.. better safe than sorry.  :)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #1618 on: September 15, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
Great--thanks, Joe!

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #1619 on: September 15, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the limit by Barclays of only allowing you to add ~36 authorized users for the life of the card? I'm curious if there are ways of getting around it.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1620 on: September 15, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the limit by Barclays of only allowing you to add ~36 authorized users for the life of the card? I'm curious if there are ways of getting around it.

Nope, but you could ask if they could issue you a new card number.  That might create a new account with another 36 slots, or it mightn't.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1621 on: September 15, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »

Nope, but you could ask if they could issue you a new card number.  That might create a new account with another 36 slots, or it mightn't.

You mean - Oops! I lost my card! as an opener, right?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1622 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »
Sadly, I don't think that gets around it.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1623 on: September 15, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »
I didn't know about this barclays limit.  Yikes, I'm halfway there!  Time to get another BC card going I guess. 

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1624 on: September 15, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »
I just noticed that my Elan card is resting now too (along with a discover).  Does anyone know if there is an issue with Elan as well?

Never mind.  I just saw that Elan was listed in their August 30th email. 

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #1625 on: September 15, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »
I just noticed that my Elan card is resting now too (along with a discover).  Does anyone know if there is an issue with Elan as well?

Never mind.  I just saw that Elan was listed in their August 30th email.

I can't find that email. Can you remind me what they said about Elan?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1626 on: September 15, 2017, 07:16:45 PM »
9.  At this time we are taking a break from selling USAA, Chase, or Elan.  We are taking a break from selling these cards because we strongly believe that these banks are conducting internal audits relating to authorized user accounts.  We feel the risk is too high for card closures.   This will change in the future when we know the risk has decreased. We will keep you posted.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1627 on: September 15, 2017, 07:21:39 PM »
This industry is in constant flux. It's good they stay on top of things like this.

pateld

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1628 on: September 15, 2017, 07:56:04 PM »
Has anyone else had their D card shutdown??

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #1629 on: September 16, 2017, 06:40:23 AM »
Yep.
Just had my discover card credit line terminated under normal account review procedures. It has no reason listed. It just says "our credit decision was based in whole on the information found on your account."

This was the first card I had authorized users put on a few months ago. Seems they are doing an audit. Oh well, there goes one of my oldest accounts. Good thing I have others.

I received the same notice on my Discover card. Oh well.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #1630 on: September 16, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »
Has anyone else had their D card shutdown??
Still going strong with D since early 2015.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1631 on: September 16, 2017, 06:05:31 PM »
I just added three AU's on my D card with the old company.  I was a little nervous with the recent rumors, but all good so far.

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #1632 on: September 21, 2017, 08:00:19 PM »
Noticed something odd about the new company last night. Still haven't been paid for July, but when I view my card, I see 2 new names on the monthly timeline. However I received no alert to add them, and I do not have adding them as a task. No information to add them even if I wanted too. Very odd. I emailed them but have not got a reply. Really odd

Update: I did get paid, but I logged back in and the new names for me to add were mysteriously not there. My email to the new company was never returned.  I maintain that it was odd.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1633 on: September 21, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

Update: I did get paid, but I logged back in and the new names for me to add were mysteriously not there. My email to the new company was never returned.  I maintain that it was odd.

I think the process is that the new company sells spots on your card to people first and then goes through the process of verifying the AU - they need to be able to pay the new company and provide proof of identity (SSN at least) and pass the identity verification that shows they're not crooks.  Probably some - like the ones on your cards - fail that process and the sale is dropped at that point.

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1634 on: September 21, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »
I've also had people fall off in this type of situation. From what customer service indicated, they proposed these cards to potential consumers who opted not to purchase my specific tradelines.

I think the process is that the new company sells spots on your card to people first and then goes through the process of verifying the AU - they need to be able to pay the new company and provide proof of identity (SSN at least) and pass the identity verification that shows they're not crooks.  Probably some - like the ones on your cards - fail that process and the sale is dropped at that point.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1635 on: September 22, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
Noticed some serious activity on my card today (7yo, $23k). I have two AUs scheduled for October, and one for December. Stoked.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1636 on: September 25, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »
Added an AU to my USBank card today.  The hold time was 45 minutes, and the rep said that they had a bunch of people adding authorized users today.  Interesting.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #1637 on: September 25, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »
Added an AU to my USBank card today.  The hold time was 45 minutes, and the rep said that they had a bunch of people adding authorized users today.  Interesting.
I waited 30 mins tonight on hold just to ask US B a question. I refuse to use them for adding authorized users. Hold times are far too long plus they don’t report to the credit bureaus until the 1st of the month.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:02:16 PM by frozen »

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1638 on: September 26, 2017, 05:44:05 AM »
I waited 30 mins tonight on hold just to ask US B a question. I refuse to use them for adding authorized users. Hold times are far too long plus they don’t report to the credit bureaus until the 1st of the month.

I had an immediate pickup from the representative early this morning... Quick and easy.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1639 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:31 AM »

I had an immediate pickup from the representative early this morning... Quick and easy.

Yup, usually USBank is fast on the phones.  Yesterday was an anomaly for me.  What was interesting was not the long hold times but the fact that the rep said a lot of people were adding AU's yesterday.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1640 on: September 27, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
USAA has been conducting an internal audit for what seems like forever. Sucks! It was my golden buzzer card.

Done by Forty

• Stubble
    • Done by Forty
« Reply #1641 on: September 29, 2017, 05:56:37 PM »
Signed up for the first time last month, but haven't heard anything since. I guess it might be normal to have lulls, right?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1642 on: September 29, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
Signed up for the first time last month, but haven't heard anything since. I guess it might be normal to have lulls, right?

Yup.

I went 3 months with nothing, 3 months with 1 AU, a dead month, then 1 AU.  Shrug, no complaints for free money.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1643 on: September 29, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »

Took 8 months to get my first sale, 3 cards listed.

I do appear to be an outlier.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1644 on: October 05, 2017, 11:44:53 AM »
Posting to follow.  Can't believe I missed this gravy train for so long.   I only have 2 eligible cards out of all my cards, and my wife has none.  Hopefully we can still make some free money.

coolshemp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1645 on: October 06, 2017, 08:45:18 AM »
Hello. has anyone been paid for August adds yet?  I have not heard anything nor seen a deposit.  Thanks!

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1646 on: October 06, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »
I tried to add an AU for citicard over the phone as instructed. I asked the operator to send the card to my address but also add the AU's address so that they have it on file. The operator said that if she adds AU's address she'll have to send the card to him, not to me, otherwise she can't add his address, so I agreed not to add his address, just name, dob and social. Is that a problem? When I added other AUs to the same card before I was able to add a different address and still have the card sent to mine.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1647 on: October 06, 2017, 08:17:48 PM »
I tried to add an AU for citicard over the phone as instructed. I asked the operator to send the card to my address but also add the AU's address so that they have it on file. The operator said that if she adds AU's address she'll have to send the card to him, not to me, otherwise she can't add his address, so I agreed not to add his address, just name, dob and social. Is that a problem? When I added other AUs to the same card before I was able to add a different address and still have the card sent to mine.

The customer service person was wrong. I've had them tell me that before, and I had them go check their documentation to make sure, and they came back and told me that, in fact, it could ONLY go to my address, and they had been mistaken.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1648 on: October 06, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »

The customer service person was wrong. I've had them tell me that before, and I had them go check their documentation to make sure, and they came back and told me that, in fact, it could ONLY go to my address, and they had been mistaken.

Adding an AU using your address has worked for me in the past just fine.  They were added and I was paid.

The one potential thing to consider for those who are extremely cautious is that your (presumably home) address will be retrievable on the AU's credit report.  You may or may not be concerned that the AU knows where you live.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1649 on: October 06, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »
Adding an AU using your address has worked for me in the past just fine.  They were added and I was paid.

The one potential thing to consider for those who are extremely cautious is that your (presumably home) address will be retrievable on the AU's credit report.  You may or may not be concerned that the AU knows where you live.

Definitely, it may not be necessary. As long as there's enough information for them to connect it to the AU (name/social/DOB is usually enough), it should be fine without.

When I'm doing an add online for a CC company that doesn't ask for a social, but does ask for an address, I put in their address to have the extra data point (besides name/dob) to make sure it hits their report.

If you do an add online without a SSN though, and put in your address, and there's more than one person with that name/DOB, it may not post on their report correctly. In that case I'd definitely be using their address or calling in and adding the SSN (something you're supposed to do anyways if it doesn't ask for the SSN).