Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1901556 times)

tj

• Handlebar Stache
What is the minimum age of card that the company will accept? I've got a Barclays that is about 7 months old...

I wouldn't expect any bites for anything less than 2 years.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
I surprisingly received an add for a Barclay card that was a little over a year old with a $20k limit. It really just depends on what the customer is willing to pay for I guess.

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
I surprisingly received an add for a Barclay card that was a little over a year old with a $20k limit. It really just depends on what the customer is willing to pay for I guess.

Sweet, I'll add it once it matures to a year and see what happens. Thanks

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
I figured payments would be a bit late this month, because of the holiday in early July, but so far I still have not seen payment for the May add.
In the past they would hit my account around the 10th or 11th of the months.

Has everyone been paid for May?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
I figured payments would be a bit late this month, because of the holiday in early July, but so far I still have not seen payment for the May add.
In the past they would hit my account around the 10th or 11th of the months.

Nope.  I keep track of things a little loosely, but I got paid for my April adds on June 30th, so I would expect to be paid for my May add around July 30th, so not for another 10 days or so.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache

I was.  Couple weeks ago.  The ad was very early in May.

MsFrugalista

• Stubble

I was.  Couple weeks ago.  The ad was very early in May.

As was I (July 2 or 3 if I recall correctly). The sale was on May 16th. I inquired with the folks at the new company about the timing for payments and this was the response I received:

"Payments for cards with the statement closing date in June are paid at the end of July. Likewise, cards that had a statement closing date in May are paid at the end of June."

Hope this helps.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks all for your comments.
I never paid too much attention to this. The payment, came, when it came.
This is the first time, I expected it and had not seen it.
I'll give them another week and see.
The add was on May 24 if that makes any difference.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache

Sweet, I'll add it once it matures to a year and see what happens. Thanks

Also had two adds (brothers I'd guess, by their name/age) to a Citi card, a little over a year old, with a $9300 limit - I would guess that was the cheapest add they could buy! I upped the limit on that card to $11300, so not sure if it will see more/less activity in the future. One year old cards do get at least a little attention with the right crowd.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Has anyone else gotten really old AUs?  I got 1 a couple of months ago and thought it was a little strange.  Everything worked out on that one.  I just got one today...  Person is 89 years old.  After some googling, they do appear to exist.

Maybe I am paranoid but I am hoping this isn't fraud.  ie using a deceased person's info.

Any thoughts?

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
I got one 77 years old.  I was wondering why someone that old needed better credit.  89 is much older than that!

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
I got one 77 years old.  I was wondering why someone that old needed better credit.  89 is much older than that!

Lower rate on a reverse mortgage is the obvious one. Could easily be someone who hasn't used credit in over a decade.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
Thanks for the replies.  I added them yesterday.  I will post again if anything occurs.

yachi

• Handlebar Stache

Lower rate on a reverse mortgage is the obvious one. Could easily be someone who hasn't used credit in over a decade.

That makes sense.  I didn't give it much thought when I added him, it just struck me as odd.

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #1514 on: August 05, 2017, 07:16:33 PM »
Just for giggles I put my AUs addresses into google.  Two of them live in $550,000 homes and the other one lives in a $350,000 home!  One had extensive pictures from a recent sale that were very nice and even included a beautiful in ground pool.  Maybe I'm naive but I was kind of surprised!

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1515 on: August 07, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
I've read through this and it sounds fairly simple.  However, do people only sell the AUs on cards they don't use?  I have a Chase card that is 2.5 years old with a $25k credit line and a Elan Financial Card that is 2 years old with a $25k credit line.  I use both on a monthly basis and rarely spend more than $4k total per month on both cards (I put everything on these cards including business expenses).  Can I use these cards or will that mess with my regular usage? I also have a 7 year old Discover Card with a $7k credit line that I rarely use.  It seems like that is the most likely to use for this, but I'm still a bit confused as to why using cards that you don't use regularly are the ones to go with. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:50:44 PM by Unique User »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1516 on: August 07, 2017, 01:12:44 PM »
I've read through this and it sounds fairly simple.  However, do people only sell the AUs on cards they don't use?  I have a Chase card that is 2.5 years old with a $25k credit line and a Elan Financial Card that is 2 years old with a $25k credit line.  I use both on a monthly basis and rarely spend more than $4k total per month on both cards (I put everything on these cards including business expenses).  Can I use these cards or will that mess with my regular usage? I also have a 7 year old Discover Card with a $7k credit line that I rarely use.  It seems like that is the most likely to use for this, but I'm still a bit confused as to why using cards that you don't use regularly are the ones to go with.

The whole point of the exercise is to help raise the AU's credit score.  The tradeline company wants you to have some utilization so that the card reports on the AU's credit report, but not so much utilization that it doesn't help the AU score as much as it could.  I believe the guideline/requirement is less than 10% utilization.

Personally I have a bunch of cards, so using a non-piggybacking card is trivial.  When I have AU orders, I charge $2.50 to the card each month and pay it off after the statement closes.  That makes the utilization high enough to where it reports on the AU's credit report, but very low utilization.

$4K on a $25K card exceeds the 10% recommendation, so I would either move your spending to non-piggybacking cards, or don't use those cards for piggybacking if you'd rather use them as daily spenders.  From what I've seen, I think your younger two cards with higher limits would be more appealing to AUs than your Discover card, but you might get sales on all three.

bassguitar115

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1517 on: August 07, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
Just got my first add (Barclaycard)!

The process was simple and took about 10 minutes over the phone. Here's how my call went.
  • Sent me a pin through text message to verify my identity
  • Asked for relationship of AU: told her "friend" and she asked if it was a "close friend" and I said yes
  • Asked for SSN, DOB, first name, last name, and address

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1518 on: August 09, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »
Have people got paid for the AUs added in the month of June, yet?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1519 on: August 09, 2017, 10:05:09 PM »
Just got my first add (Barclaycard)!

The process was simple and took about 10 minutes over the phone. Here's how my call went.
  • Sent me a pin through text message to verify my identity
  • Asked for relationship of AU: told her "friend" and she asked if it was a "close friend" and I said yes
  • Asked for SSN, DOB, first name, last name, and address

Awesome!  Did you try adding online first?  I love barclay because you can do it all through their web site.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1520 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:06 AM »
Have people got paid for the AUs added in the month of June, yet?
I got the direct deposit on Aug 4th.

ditkanate

• Stubble
    • ditka's dumb journal
« Reply #1521 on: August 10, 2017, 07:47:02 AM »
I haven't been paid for May or June adds..... ?

Patrick A

• Stubble
« Reply #1522 on: August 10, 2017, 09:19:37 AM »
Is it possible to do this with a Wells Fargo card?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1523 on: August 11, 2017, 01:00:43 PM »

I only use cards that I don't care if they get shut down.  If you have the cards set up for auto payments and such, it's going to be a hassle when they get shut down.  If you want to be safe, assume the card will be shut down.  There are plenty of cards out there.  Use one for tradelines and if you pick up an AU, shift everything to another card.

I think they're pretty saturated with cards right now anyways.  After 3 straight months picking up AU's, I've had zero for July or August with 4 cards on file.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1524 on: August 11, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
Is it possible to do this with a Wells Fargo card?

I'd send in an email to ask.  It isn't on the list.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1525 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:20 PM »
Is it a problem if authorized user's name is misspelled (one letter in the last name is wrong)? All other details seem to be correct including social.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1526 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
Message the tl company

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1527 on: August 11, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
Is it a problem if authorized user's name is misspelled (one letter in the last name is wrong)? All other details seem to be correct including social.

I had this happen once and everything turned out fine.

FinanciallyIndependent

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1528 on: August 14, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
Hi arebelspy,

Are you still recommending the company?  I would like to find out more. Not sure how to go about it..pls send me more information.  I tried to DM you but not sure it worked...

Thanks

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1529 on: August 14, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
Are you still recommending the company?

Yep!  There's a lot of people selling lines now, but from what I can tell on my end, sales are increasing as well.

There are sometimes issues (they really need to get the payments automated), but they always sort things out--as far as I can tell, the only complaints are about customer service delays with questions, for the most part, but the company has always fixed everything great in the end. (And anyone having issues, feel free to contact me, and I can help try to get it sorted out!)

I did respond to your PM a few minutes ago.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1530 on: August 14, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »
I have what I think is an unusual situation.  I have been selling lines on my Discover card, currently I have four AUs.  Today I got an email from Discover saying my account may have been compromised as part of an external security breach in my account and that they were sending me a new card in 4-7 day.  How does this affect my AUs?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1531 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »
I have what I think is an unusual situation.  I have been selling lines on my Discover card, currently I have four AUs.  Today I got an email from Discover saying my account may have been compromised as part of an external security breach in my account and that they were sending me a new card in 4-7 day.  How does this affect my AUs?

Discover will most likely send you five new cards.  One for you and one for each of your AUs.  That is what Chase did with me when I had fraud on my account and I had an AU on there (it happened to be my son and not a paid AU, but that shouldn't matter).

You shouldn't have to, but if it were me I'd probably go ahead and make a small charge on the new card once it arrives to doubly ensure that it reports for all the AU's.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1532 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »
I've had that happen a number of times, even before selling tradelines (actually none since).

Usually some company where you used the CC, like a grocery store, had their terminal compromised, so they cancel and reissue the card as a precautionary measure. No big deal.  secondcors's advice is good.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #1533 on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »
Anyone still not had any adds? I signed up 1.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since. High credit limit, card 10+ years old... I'm surprised I haven't gotten any takers yet.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #1534 on: August 17, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
I possess a credit score in the 95% range and posted a Barclays card with a limit of 19k, however, to date, no tradeline activity whatsoever and it has been over SEVEN months and counting. 

YMMV if you care to try, post a good card and do not get your hopes up; the actual demand does not support the suggested demand.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:14:57 PM by sobezen »

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #1535 on: August 17, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »
I finally got a sale. Signed up Jan or Feb. Card is about 4 years old with a $12k limit.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1536 on: August 18, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »
If you have multiple cards, you may want to split them between old and new companies.  I am seeing more activity with old company over the past 5-6 months.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1537 on: August 18, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
Anyone still not had any adds? I signed up 1.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since. High credit limit, card 10+ years old... I'm surprised I haven't gotten any takers yet.

Submitted everything for 3 cards on January 3.  3 different credit limit ranges (10k+, 20k+, 30k+)

Zero adds.

Admittedly one is a BoA.

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #1538 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »
If you have multiple cards, you may want to split them between old and new companies.  I am seeing more activity with old company over the past 5-6 months.

I am also seeing more activity with old company recently. Cards with both companies are comparable in terms of their CLs and age. I have a couple of cards that will become eligible for sales in the coming months, I have to decide which company to go with now...

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
« Reply #1539 on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »

I am also seeing more activity with old company recently. Cards with both companies are comparable in terms of their CLs and age. I have a couple of cards that will become eligible for sales in the coming months, I have to decide which company to go with now...

Can someone PM me info on the old company?

TIA!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1540 on: August 22, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »
Was away on vacation for 1.5 weeks only to come back and find CapOne had automatically lowered my credit limit by $20K. I called and they said that happened across the board to quite a few folks. Reason given was insufficient usage of existing credit line. Nothing they can do about it. Well that sucks donkey butt. I am sure it will affect my tradeline sales. Did this happen to anyone else?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1541 on: August 23, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
I actually just got my first Cap One add yesterday.  $20k limit.  I have used the card and for a while, my college son was using it for all of his purchases, so the "not being used" doesn't apply to me.  You do want to have reportable balances every month on cards you're looking to get AUs on.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1542 on: August 23, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
You do want to have reportable balances every month on cards you're looking to get AUs on.

Err, I don't think this is correct.

The tradeline company wants you to have lines that have (A) high credit limits, (B) long credit history, and (C) perfect payment history on lines that they sell to AU's.

Once the line has been sold to an AU, they want you to have (A) some utilization so the line reports on the AU's credit report, and (B) low utilization so that it has the greatest possible positive impact on the AU's credit score.

When your lines are available for sale but not yet sold, the tradeline company could care less whether you have a reporting balance or not.

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1543 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
Wasn't there a whole sub-forum area for a tradeline company? What happened with that?

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1544 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »
Wasn't there a whole sub-forum area for a tradeline company? What happened with that?

Hey, it's gone!

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1545 on: August 23, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »

AFAIK, there was a lot of delay in getting it set up and no real updates to report until it's done. Hopefully things are still happening behind the scenes.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1546 on: August 24, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
I actually just got my first Cap One add yesterday.  $20k limit.  I have used the card and for a while, my college son was using it for all of his purchases, so the "not being used" doesn't apply to me.  You do want to have reportable balances every month on cards you're looking to get AUs on.

It wasn't scaled back due to not using the card. It was scaled back because I didn't use anywhere near my credit limit. I use the card frequently. I just don't charge much to it. 

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1547 on: August 24, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

It wasn't scaled back due to not using the card. It was scaled back because I didn't use anywhere near my credit limit. I use the card frequently. I just don't charge much to it.

Wow that's frustrating. That really screws over the effort to sell tradelines.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1548 on: August 25, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
I had an add on June 27 and another add on July 25. I haven't been paid for the June add... seems like I should've but I can't remember the pay frequency.

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1549 on: August 25, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »
I had an add on June 27 and another add on July 25. I haven't been paid for the June add... seems like I should've but I can't remember the pay frequency.

Contact the owner. I didn't see the payment for the June add till August 10th, asked here but didn't get any response, so I contacted the owner. He said that they were still working on streamlining the payment process and sent my payment the same day. Received the ACH on 15th.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:51:30 AM by charuhans »