Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 206035 times)

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #850 on: February 16, 2017, 08:11:50 PM »
Got an email today from the old TL co that included this statement:

It's finally tax season and we anticipate further increases in sales over the next few months.

I would think if this is true for the old TL co. it'd also be true for the new TL co.

Does anyone know why TL sales would increase during U.S. tax time???

Hope it means more sales for all of us, whatever the reason!

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #851 on: February 16, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »
"Does anyone know why TL sales would increase during U.S. tax time???"

Tax season means tax returns. This means down payments for cars, homes, etc and the need for financing.  This creates the need for neat & tidy credit reports.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:13:54 PM by Fireball »

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #852 on: February 16, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »
Depends if you ask the angel on my shoulder or the devil.  The angelic side leans toward the answer given, that folks are splurging a little due to a refund and maybe leveraging it into a car or home loan.  The devil side wonders if it isn't the increased opportunity for identity theft during tax season.  Phishers and scammers have it pretty good during tax season, and if you can get data, you can leverage all sorts of great opportunities.  Augmenting with an instant credit history is apparently extremely valuable, at least so far.  (I did speculate that this 'expanded credit' angle was part of the next bubble, but the collapse has so far failed to materialize).

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #853 on: March 22, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »
Thanks for the data points!

I need to check in with old co also.  No activity in 2 months and I was filled up before..

Just noticed a spot is sold on my old, reliable card.  Nothing like the first few months but I'll take it.  Guess I'll leave this card with old TL co for another month.

Financial Fanatic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #854 on: April 07, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »
hey guys!  long time lurker here and in semi retirement.  would love to get started with tradelines!   OP, please look out for my message, im unsure if it went through :)

thanks!

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #855 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »
Anyone else getting a weird "confirmation" screen at the end of adding an AU? It says that I should receive the cards in 4-6 days, but it seems to have fields missing.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #856 on: April 24, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »
Anyone else getting a weird "confirmation" screen at the end of adding an AU? It says that I should receive the cards in 4-6 days, but it seems to have fields missing.

For which CC company?

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #857 on: April 24, 2017, 07:20:02 PM »

Are you talking about Discover?  I am having trouble too.  Added two AUs today and they aren't showing up when I go to "Manage Authorized Users".

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #858 on: April 24, 2017, 07:47:37 PM »
Yes I had the same problem on Saturday. On Sunday the authorized user appeared under manage authorized users screen.

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #859 on: April 24, 2017, 08:11:32 PM »
My Capital One card was shot down in flames today. Got a voicemail from their fraud dept so I called them back. They asked for the SSN card and driver's licenses for the last 9 AUs I added. Bummer.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #860 on: April 24, 2017, 08:16:38 PM »
My Capital One card was shot down in flames today. Got a voicemail from their fraud dept so I called them back. They asked for the SSN card and driver's licenses for the last 9 AUs I added. Bummer.

Guess I dodged a bullet... I decided to pull my Cap One card about 10 days ago because I saw on the other thread that people were having trouble with them.

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #861 on: April 25, 2017, 06:39:46 AM »

Guess I dodged a bullet... I decided to pull my Cap One card about 10 days ago because I saw on the other thread that people were having trouble with them.

I don't mind that the card is restricted really - it's just a credit card. It stinks I won't be getting that monthly $$$ going forward though.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #862 on: April 25, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
Wow Fireball that's a shame. Were you able to provide them with the social security numbers but I imagine not the driver's license numbers? Driver's license isn't needed for adding authorized users in the first place.

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #863 on: April 25, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »

Are you talking about Discover?  I am having trouble too.  Added two AUs today and they aren't showing up when I go to "Manage Authorized Users".

Ooops. Yes - Discover. Thankfully all of them are showing up today, so must just be a temporary thing?

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #864 on: April 25, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »

Ooops. Yes - Discover. Thankfully all of them are showing up today, so must just be a temporary thing?

Mine are both showing up now too.  Thought I was getting shut down for sure.

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #865 on: April 25, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
Wow Fireball that's a shame. Were you able to provide them with the social security numbers but I imagine not the driver's license numbers? Driver's license isn't needed for adding authorized users in the first place.

David,

The TL company sent me all of the DLs and SSN cards to send in today.  We'll see what Cap One says. They said that it can take a while, but oftentimes​ they will remove the restriction. Crossing my fingers!

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #866 on: April 26, 2017, 07:05:09 AM »
Wow I hope it works out Fireball. Keep us posted.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #867 on: May 01, 2017, 09:13:58 AM »
Just noticed a spot is sold on my old, reliable card.  Nothing like the first few months but I'll take it.  Guess I'll leave this card with old TL co for another month.

Received another sale shortly after that one.  Got another one end of April.  Still not like it was but I'll take it!

Thanks ARS!

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #868 on: May 27, 2017, 06:55:54 AM »

David,

The TL company sent me all of the DLs and SSN cards to send in today.  We'll see what Cap One says. They said that it can take a while, but oftentimes​ they will remove the restriction. Crossing my fingers!

Same thing happened to me this week.  Cap One restricted my card and asked for DLs and SSNs.  All I gave them was MY SSN, DL and proof of residence and they unlocked my card.  I would try that first before sending them AU's stuff.

Smokystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #869 on: May 28, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »
I've got a Discover card that I opened in 1994 - currently it has a limit in the 10-20k range. Would it be worth it to try to get it to 30k+. I would think that a card with a 20+ year history and high limit would be a boon to an potential AU. But I also know that some AUs are unwilling/unable to pay more for the higher limit cards.

Anyone currently offering a 20+ year, high credit limit card? Willing to share your activity (are you always full, never get referrals, etc.)?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #870 on: May 28, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »
I've got a Discover card that I opened in 1994 - currently it has a limit in the 10-20k range. Would it be worth it to try to get it to 30k+. I would think that a card with a 20+ year history and high limit would be a boon to an potential AU. But I also know that some AUs are unwilling/unable to pay more for the higher limit cards.

Anyone currently offering a 20+ year, high credit limit card? Willing to share your activity (are you always full, never get referrals, etc.)?

I've had a 20+ year Discover in the 10-20k range sitting at the new company for 5 cycles without a sale. Some of that is the fault of the company - apparently they ignored many of the new cards until the portal went up.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #871 on: August 28, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
2 sales last month & 3 this month.  I wish they would take my other cards with lower limits! 

Pleasantly surprised to see old TL co making a comeback!

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #872 on: August 28, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
Is anyone getting sales for 2 year cards? I have 2 with 10k limit but am not sure if they're worth putting up yet. Wanted to see if anyone else with cards around that are filling spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #873 on: August 28, 2017, 02:21:13 PM »
Is anyone getting sales for 2 year cards? I have 2 with 10k limit but am not sure if they're worth putting up yet. Wanted to see if anyone else with cards around that are filling spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1 card with this company is older, so I cannot say.  However, they are only accepting 30K limit or higher right now.  (I have some cards I would like to move over but the limits are not high enough).

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #874 on: August 28, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »

I've had a sale or two on a couple of younger cards, but they have much higher limits.  I'd put them up anyway if I were in your shoes...it's hard to tell if some AUs might want cards like yours because they'd be cheaper for the AU to rent.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #875 on: August 28, 2017, 02:47:47 PM »
Yeah, I've seen so many different random cards get sales, with a 5k limit, with a 1 year history, up to a 70k limit and 20 year history, and everything in between.  I wouldn't call it totally random, older and higher limit cards do tend to see more sales, but there are definitely sales to random cards where it doesn't hurt to have them enrolled.

Two year and 10k cards will have to be with the new company though (which sees more sales anyways, from what I can tell, though the do have a lot of cards already, any sale is beneficial, IMO).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #876 on: August 29, 2017, 09:19:50 AM »
My 3 year old, $20k limit card got it's first AU this month.  My 7 year old, $10k card has has the most activity.

I believe buyers are given options (here's the age, here's the credit limit, maybe here's what we think your score would be raised by) and then a price for each choice and they take their pick.  Everyone's need and budget is different.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #877 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »
My 3 year old, $20k limit card got it's first AU this month.  My 7 year old, $10k card has has the most activity.

Thanks for the data point!

I believe buyers are given options (here's the age, here's the credit limit, maybe here's what we think your score would be raised by) and then a price for each choice and they take their pick.  Everyone's need and budget is different.

This is indeed the case. Some buyers want a higher limit to lower their DTI, some want more age to up their average age (and most want both, but that costs more).  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Imustacheyouaquestion

• Bristles
« Reply #878 on: August 29, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
I signed up last month. 2 sales on a 10+ year old card with a <$10k limit, nothing on the other cards that are younger with higher limits.

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #879 on: September 04, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
I received a secure communication from Discover dated 8/31 informing me my account is closed.

As part of normal account review procedures, we have reviewed your account. Based on this review, we are closing your credit line to further transactions. The following reason(s) will help explain our decision:
Our credit decision was based in whole on the information found on your account.
Please cut in half the credit card(s) that pertain to this account and return it to the address at the top of this letter.
Sincerely,
Customer Protection Services Discover Card

This is annoying. My account is nine years old. I got tradeline action on this card in April (2) and removed in July, as directed by the company. I can't imagine any other reason why Discover would decide to close my account. These are the only two sales I had. Oh well.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #880 on: September 04, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »
I received a secure communication from Discover dated 8/31 informing me my account is closed.
This is annoying. My account is nine years old. I got tradeline action on this card in April (2) and removed in July, as directed by the company. I can't imagine any other reason why Discover would decide to close my account. These are the only two sales I had. Oh well.

Did you communicate the account closing to the Tradeline company? Did they have any input?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #881 on: September 04, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »
Hmm..  So this makes 2 Discover's getting closed in both threads in the past couple of days.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #882 on: September 04, 2017, 09:44:17 PM »
Sounds like a lot of Discover lately. Maybe some sort of audit. Possibly worth putting Discover on hold, for the moment. Though if they're closing based on activity from 4-5 months ago, might be too late. Curious to see how many are closed, and how many aren't.  The Discover I have sold lines on is still open, but I'll post if it's closed.

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #883 on: September 05, 2017, 03:18:15 AM »
Did you communicate the account closing to the Tradeline company? Did they have any input?

I sent an email last night. I haven't heard back, yet.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #884 on: September 06, 2017, 01:05:09 AM »
How much do you use the card?  I also got a couple adds a few months ago but no closure yet.  I use the card for some recurring expenses and sometimes for points bonus offers

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #885 on: September 06, 2017, 04:22:34 AM »
How much do you use the card?  I also got a couple adds a few months ago but no closure yet.  I use the card for some recurring expenses and sometimes for points bonus offers
I usually charge a few thousand per year on this card, depending on how good the bonus categories are.
The company didn't have any input, just saying they'd remove that card from my account.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #886 on: September 06, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
I usually charge a few thousand per year on this card, depending on how good the bonus categories are.
The company didn't have any input, just saying they'd remove that card from my account.

Oh well.  Hope I don't get closed.  This was my only card that i could piggyback so I guess I'll just be happy with the free $500 and move on

Cdc0515

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #887 on: October 21, 2017, 04:47:39 PM »
can you PM me the name of the tradeline companies you use?

Cdc0515

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #888 on: October 21, 2017, 04:48:07 PM »
can you PM me the names of the tradeline websites that you use?

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #889 on: October 29, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
Just to share how this is working out for me personally: In 2017, I'll have made about $200/month average by selling tradelines to the old TL co. Two months of the year I made no sales; the rest of the months, I made from 1-4 sales per month.

Sales are on these two cards:

Discover card,  7 years old, 16k credit line
Barclays card, 9 years old, 23k credit line

Also, the weird security flags with Discover seem to have died down for me. Now, when I go to add an AU online, they're added on the spot, no "Please call us" messages or delays in the adds. Hope this lasts...

Thanks, ARS.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #890 on: October 29, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
Glad to hear it, RD!

There are quite a few Mustachians doing well that I've talked to, most just hesitate to post about it.

There are definitely some not seeing sales, too. I tend to see it as super easy money, and might as well have the cards enrolled even if sales are occasional.

monarda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #891 on: October 30, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
Glad to hear it, RD!

There are quite a few Mustachians doing well that I've talked to, most just hesitate to post about it.

There are definitely some not seeing sales, too. I tend to see it as super easy money, and might as well have the cards enrolled even if sales are occasional.

Exactly.

Data point. I've had 6 sales on a single US Bank card this year. Five were between January and April.
Then silence until last week when I got #6.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #892 on: October 30, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »
I reduced my commissions by 25% about a month ago and nada.  Haven't had a sale since April.  And so we wait...

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #893 on: October 31, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »
My Discover account was locked out today, I called in and they told me that one of my authorized users tried calling in a few days ago but failed a security question and hung up.  Kinda scary, but glad they could not get in.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #894 on: October 31, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
Alert the tradeline company as to who it was ASAP.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #895 on: November 01, 2017, 05:11:24 AM »
Alert the tradeline company as to who it was ASAP.

The Discover person did not know or tell me which one it was, and I have three users added on the card.  I guess I could give them a heads up anyway and they could watch for a repeat from one of these three.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #896 on: November 01, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »
My Discover account was locked out today, I called in and they told me that one of my authorized users tried calling in a few days ago but failed a security question and hung up.  Kinda scary, but glad they could not get in.

Maybe I'm having a brain lapse here, but how would an authorized user have enough info about you to try to get at your card account? i.e., my understanding is we get all THEIR personal info, but on their side of things, aren't they just buying "Discover card X"-- they don't get our names or other personal info, do they? Confused...

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #897 on: November 01, 2017, 09:38:30 PM »

Maybe I'm having a brain lapse here, but how would an authorized user have enough info about you to try to get at your card account? i.e., my understanding is we get all THEIR personal info, but on their side of things, aren't they just buying "Discover card X"-- they don't get our names or other personal info, do they? Confused...

They absolutely get your address and possibly your name on their credit report, like when your parent adds you as an AU... I still have childhood addresses on my CR even though I didn't have my first account in my own name until age 19.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #898 on: November 02, 2017, 04:47:37 AM »

They also get the account number or at least the last X digits

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #899 on: November 02, 2017, 06:49:48 AM »
They absolutely get your address and possibly your name on their credit report, like when your parent adds you as an AU... I still have childhood addresses on my CR even though I didn't have my first account in my own name until age 19.
Interesting. Do some CR agencies now report the full account numbers on the report? I've had reports from all 3 in the past and I don't recall any of them having complete numbers. Guess it's time to get updated reports.