Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 205996 times)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $600+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #800 on: December 27, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
So is the new place already accepting new accounts?  Cause I never signed up with the old place.

PS I like money

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #801 on: December 27, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
They may have paid based on when the spot was sold, not added.

Right.  What I think happens is that they sell the spot at some point and then hold onto it and ping me a few days before my closing date to add the AU.  The last AU I added was on 12/5 on a card with a closing date of 12/6, so they probably originally notified me about 12/3 - which means you're right, they probably sold it at some point in November. 

I don't particularly care, it's all gravy to me.  It is still nice for me that multiple AUs that I added got paid on the old schedule - in this case it's a total of $300 to $375 more than I thought I might get.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #802 on: December 27, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »
So is the new place already accepting new accounts?  Cause I never signed up with the old place.

Yes, they are.

The owner asked me to not refer people right at the moment because people are off for the holidays (all of the TL companies have about 5 people on staff, typically), and I guess the 26th is a banking holiday, and there will be a flood of emails from Mustachians once it starts.

But within the next few days (Possibly even today? Though it might be tomorrow for you?  Time zones.  Not saying it's aliens, but...)  Just coordinating so the thing that happened last time will be smoother this time.  :)

They may have paid based on when the spot was sold, not added.

Right.  What I think happens is that they sell the spot at some point and then hold onto it and ping me a few days before my closing date to add the AU.  The last AU I added was on 12/5 on a card with a closing date of 12/6, so they probably originally notified me about 12/3 - which means you're right, they probably sold it at some point in November. 

Yup.  I think they set all orders received after 12/1 to be on the new payout schedule, rather than any orders with closing dates after 12/1 (this would be unfair to someone who got an order end of Nov, put it in, but their statement close was 12/2 or something).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #803 on: December 27, 2016, 05:23:55 PM »
Just got my pay stub from TL_co_OLD. Thanks again to ARS for sharing the info and details. I hope that, even if you aren't part of that co's sales anymore, you'll still get our referral fees.

And thanks in advance, ARS, about TL_co_NEW. Hopefully they also provide referral commissions AND we don't flood them and sink their ship (decrease sales) the way it looks like we might've with TL_co_OLD.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #804 on: December 27, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »

But within the next few days (Possibly even today? Though it might be tomorrow for you?  Time zones.  Not saying it's aliens, but...)  Just coordinating so the thing that happened last time will be smoother this time.  :)

For me, it should be yesterday.  Not saying it should go by post count, but that's what the aliens want.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #805 on: December 27, 2016, 05:32:11 PM »
I'll be hitting the road for work in about 13 hours.  ;)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #806 on: December 27, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
Just got my pay stub from TL_co_OLD. Thanks again to ARS for sharing the info and details. I hope that, even if you aren't part of that co's sales anymore, you'll still get our referral fees.

And thanks in advance, ARS, about TL_co_NEW. Hopefully they also provide referral commissions AND we don't flood them and sink their ship (decrease sales) the way it looks like we might've with TL_co_OLD.

Agree 1000%.  Thanks ARS!  Hope you continue to get referral fees!! 

Looks like this little venture made me right under $1600.  Not bad for a few minutes each month over 3 months.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #807 on: December 27, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »

How could we possibly decrease sales for them?  At this point, ARS should just offer to buy into their company and reap the profits from his referrals directly.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #808 on: December 27, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »
I will still get referrals, so thanks to those of you that used me as a referral!  I get the same from either company, so there is no conflict of interest in recommending one over the other (though I would recommend the better one regardless, I wouldn't feel good otherwise), but I do genuinely think the new company is better (and the proof is in the pudding, I have moved all my cards, and my wife's cards, there).

How could we possibly decrease sales for them?

We wouldn't decrease sales, but flood it so much each person gets very few.  I've sold 24 lines so far in Nov & Dec... if enough cards were enrolled, that could drop a lot.  I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped somewhat (my sales went way down at the old company after referring Mustachians, and the referral commissions didn't make up for it, but did help some). But I have faith the new company can handle a higher volume, for reasons I will explain in the comparison post.

At this point, ARS should just offer to buy into their company and reap the profits from his referrals directly.

Hah.  I don't think I could afford them.  I mean, calculate the money THEY must be making.  Even just few hundred tradeline sales/mo, they charge, say, $800 for a line, pay out, say $200.. yes, they have expenses (say, 5 employees at 100k/employee annually, plus advertising, infrastructure, taxes, etc).. they're grossing, and likely netting, multiple millions annually, I'm sure.

An enterprising individual could try to compete with them, but I wouldn't personally because:
A) I don't need the money.
B) That's a full time job. Ugh.
C) I don't want the work and hassle required to verify the AUs the way you need to to do it right (aka the reason why the previous company and the current one are the only ones I can recommend) for liability reasons.

No thanks.

I'd rather collect ~40k doing about 40 hours of work for the year (a rate of ~$1,000/hour) by adding 15 or so AUs each month (maybe two to three hours of work for the MONTH) than collect ~$1MM doing 40 hours of work every week (for a rate of $480/hour).

In other words, the hourly rate of owning it is half, though you collect a LOT more (1MM versus 40k).

Would I trade all my free time now, being FIRE'd, for a full time, 1MM/yr job?

Heck no! Even if you made 2MM, so the hourly rate was the same, or 4MM, so the hourly rate was double ($2k/hr versus 1k), I'd pass.  That whole concept of "enough" I've very much bought into.  :)

I'll sell my tradelines, make silly money on that, and still have total freedom of time to travel and enjoy life.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #809 on: December 27, 2016, 07:10:18 PM »

How could we possibly decrease sales for them?  At this point, ARS should just offer to buy into their company and reap the profits from his referrals directly.

Oh, I guess I meant flooding the old TL co. with new cards so that the number of TLs sales was spread out among fewer mustachians... Supposedly Jan. is their busiest month for sales, so we shall see how that pans out.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #810 on: December 27, 2016, 10:03:59 PM »
Posting to follow.

ASquared

• Bristles
« Reply #811 on: December 27, 2016, 10:22:50 PM »
We are happy with them! Just started and have only had 2 months of payments. Totaled 937.50 - not bad for seriously minutes of time. Thank you Arebelspy!

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #812 on: December 28, 2016, 07:34:01 AM »
I will still get referrals, so thanks to those of you that used me as a referral!  I get the same from either company, so there is no conflict of interest in recommending one over the other (though I would recommend the better one regardless, I wouldn't feel good otherwise), but I do genuinely think the new company is better (and the proof is in the pudding, I have moved all my cards, and my wife's cards, there).

We wouldn't decrease sales, but flood it so much each person gets very few.  I've sold 24 lines so far in Nov & Dec... if enough cards were enrolled, that could drop a lot.  I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped somewhat (my sales went way down at the old company after referring Mustachians, and the referral commissions didn't make up for it, but did help some). But I have faith the new company can handle a higher volume, for reasons I will explain in the comparison post.

At this point, ARS should just offer to buy into their company and reap the profits from his referrals directly.

Hah.  I don't think I could afford them.  I mean, calculate the money THEY must be making.  Even just few hundred tradeline sales/mo, they charge, say, $800 for a line, pay out, say $200.. yes, they have expenses (say, 5 employees at 100k/employee annually, plus advertising, infrastructure, taxes, etc).. they're grossing, and likely netting, multiple millions annually, I'm sure.

An enterprising individual could try to compete with them, but I wouldn't personally because:
C) I don't want the work and hassle required to verify the AUs the way you need to to do it right (aka the reason why the previous company and the current one are the only ones I can recommend) for liability reasons.

No thanks.

I'd rather collect ~40k doing about 40 hours of work for the year (a rate of ~$1,000/hour) by adding 15 or so AUs each month (maybe two to three hours of work for the MONTH) than collect ~$1MM doing 40 hours of work every week (for a rate of $480/hour).

In other words, the hourly rate of owning it is half, though you collect a LOT more (1MM versus 40k).

Heck no! Even if you made 2MM, so the hourly rate was the same, or 4MM, so the hourly rate was double ($2k/hr versus 1k), I'd pass.  That whole concept of "enough" I've very much bought into.  :)

I'll sell my tradelines, make silly money on that, and still have total freedom of time to travel and enjoy life.

When you say verify the AUs, they're just making sure the person has a valid SSN and not using a CPN? Or something else?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:55:23 AM by Fireball »

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #813 on: December 28, 2016, 09:43:49 AM »

No thanks.

When you say verify the AUs, they're just making sure the person has a valid SSN and not using a CPN? Or something else?

1 year of work for 4MM dollars.  i'd take that imagine the donations you could make.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #814 on: December 28, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »

It is more extensive than that.  (Well, I mean, that could be the minimum, or less, that some companies do. A more rigorous level is more extensive... will have some more info on that in my post)

1 year of work for 4MM dollars.  i'd take that imagine the donations you could make.

It'd take several years to grow the business to that level, I'm sure.

Brilliantine

• Stubble
« Reply #815 on: December 28, 2016, 04:57:56 PM »
OK, I've been watching everyone here with a teeny bit of envy. I Still don't know if I can figure out cards that fit the bill but for some reason I am excited about arebelspy's new write up. :)

Speaking of which, did I miss it? Was it posted somewhere?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #816 on: December 28, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »
OK, I've been watching everyone here with a teeny bit of envy. I Still don't know if I can figure out cards that fit the bill but for some reason I am excited about arebelspy's new write up. :)

Speaking of which, did I miss it? Was it posted somewhere?

Yeah, I may only have one or two that could qualify... ARS must have been churning for many years to do 40k/year

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #817 on: December 28, 2016, 05:36:21 PM »
It will not be possible to miss.  :)

My parents just got into Bali last night to visit for Christmas, so we're about to do all the presents opening and hit the beach, but probably tonight (for me)  I'll have time to finalize the post(s) and post up the new details.

Say... by Noon EST, 9am PST on 12/29.

EDIT: Got some free time while some people took an afternoon nap and finalized and posted.  See two posts below this for the link.  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:06:41 AM by arebelspy »

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #818 on: December 28, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »
Thanks for the update

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2016, 12:05:44 AM »
New thread is up.

You Can Find The New Thread Here.

I'm 100% sure there are some of you that don't care at all about my write up of the two companies, and just want a referral.  That's fine. I just wanted to put all the information out there, so everyone had the information they need to make a decision.  If you want to read it, or not, it's up to you.

So my apologies for the delay, I just felt like I had to "do it right" and research and vet the company before I could, in good conscious, recommend them.  I am ready to refer anyone to the new company now who would like a referral.

If you just want a referral to the tradeline company I recommend, Click Here To Send Me a PM.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:49:34 AM by arebelspy »

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #820 on: January 12, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »
Hey, anybody still with the OLD co. out there? I thought with the big exodus to the NEW co. I might seem more sales this month, but nada, crickets so far. Anyone still on OLD co. and getting sales this month?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #821 on: January 12, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »
Hey, anybody still with the OLD co. out there? I thought with the big exodus to the NEW co. I might seem more sales this month, but nada, crickets so far. Anyone still on OLD co. and getting sales this month?

I'm still with them.  No sales this month which seemed odd.  I had been seeing sales for the past 3-4 months.  Hopefully, something will come through soon!

BTW, 1099's should be sent soon per their rep (by end of Jan).

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #822 on: January 12, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

I'm still with them.  No sales this month which seemed odd.  I had been seeing sales for the past 3-4 months.  Hopefully, something will come through soon!

BTW, 1099's should be sent soon per their rep (by end of Jan).

Yes, I thought January was their big month...hmm...

Thanks for the 1099 tip.

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #823 on: January 12, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »

Yep - I had four solid months of sales and this month nothing. Out of laziness prioritizing other things higher, I kept my BofA card with old company.  But if they don't sell any trade lines  this month I may move the card over to new site.

I dragged my feet getting my documents to new site to register my capital one card, so they tell me I may get sales in Feb. Eh, that's fine.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:44:31 PM by Malaysia41 »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #824 on: January 12, 2017, 08:29:08 PM »
I can confirm people are still seeing sales with the old company.

They are lower than with the new company, however.

January 1 to date, new company has about double the sales of old company (to Mustachians who used me as a referral--the only thing I can track, obviously, besides my own sales, but I moved my own cards to the new company--the numbers of referrals are roughly similar though).

It's about what I expected, though I also expect at some point new company will be over-saturated (they are very busy right now in terms of keeping up with everything, but not necessarily over-saturated in what they can handle in terms of volume), and it'll make sense to have a few cards with old company (assuming you have lots of cards--if only one or two, maybe not).

If you still want to keep cards with the old company for now, I still think they're a good company, the other just has an edge in some key areas, as I outlined in the new thread (linked in the first post of this thread, for anyone stumbling upon this thread later and wanting more details).

I know they said January was their big month, but it is on track for less than the average month I've seen.  We'll see if it kicks up at the end of the month (or in Feb, when people get their tax returns and want to use it to boost their credit and as a down payment on something).  Be interesting to monitor.  :)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #825 on: January 23, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
Does anyone know when the old company will be sending out their 1099's?

Just trying to collect my tax documents...

TheBeardandTheBohemian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #826 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:36 PM »
Going to estate sales and buying items and the selling them on Craigslist will always generate go returns you just have to research what's hit at the time example air conditioners during the summer

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #827 on: January 23, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »

Good question.

I pinged both companies about 2-3 weeks ago on how they deal with Dec sales that are paid end of Jan.

Old company puts them on the 1099 for the year they were sold (i.e. last year, 2016).
New company puts them on the 1099 for the year they were paid (i.e. this year, 2017, so on next year's 1099).

Since old company puts them on last year's, I imagine they wait until the January payout of December's sales, then issue the 1099s in early Feb.

I can follow up with either company if people have questions about that (or anyone else can feel free to), but that's my understanding as of right now.

Going to estate sales and buying items and the selling them on Craigslist will always generate go returns you just have to research what's hit at the time example air conditioners during the summer

Wrong thread?  :)

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #828 on: January 23, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
I'm hopeful that I'll start to see some sales in Feb. Whole lot of nothing in Jan. :)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #829 on: January 23, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »

1099s are due to the recipient by Feb 1 (most) or Feb 15 (for certain specific types) so it should be pretty soon.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #830 on: January 23, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »
I asked old TL company about 1099's about 10 days ago.  Here is the reply:

1099's will be issued before the end of January. You should receive an electronic copy as well as a hard copy mailed to your address. Let me know if you need anything else.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #831 on: January 27, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »
Old company is opening enrollments to cards at least 2 years old, with 30k+ limits.

The payouts will be as follows:
Limit $30,001 - $40,000 and 2+ years old - $200 per spot
Limit $40,001 - $50,000 and 2+ years old - $225 per spot
Limit $50,001 or more and 2+ years old - $300 per spot

They'll likely lower that again at some point, and take lower cards, but having not accepted any cards since September, that's better than nothing.

I still recommend the other company (see new thread), and people are seeing a lot more sales with them.  The payout is more, too: for the 30-40k range the new company pays $250 if 2-7 yrs old, $275 if 8 years+, versus the above $200. You can negotiate 40k+, but obviously a starting point is that $275 they pay the 30k range.

More sales and higher price, I still don't see the incentive to use old company (along side the other reasons like them accepting more providers listed in this comparison).

But for an additional company (if and when the new recommendation gets saturated), they're good to have as a backup.  Those are the only two I can recommend, at least.

So probably no change for now, for most people, better to use the new company.  But good to know, for potential future use.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  :)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #832 on: January 31, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »

Just got mine via e-mail. Guess they are cutting it close with the requirement to issue them by the end of January :-)

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #833 on: January 31, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »

Just got mine via e-mail. Guess they are cutting it close with the requirement to issue them by the end of January :-)

Pretty common. I just got my bank 1099 today as well.

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #834 on: February 07, 2017, 07:48:27 AM »
I just got my first sale!!  I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to get one.  It's on my 2 year, 27K Discover so I should be getting $175.00 on 3/31/17 if everything posts correctly.  Thank you ARS for all the information! 

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #835 on: February 07, 2017, 02:34:25 PM »
I just got my first sale!!  I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to get one.  It's on my 2 year, 27K Discover so I should be getting $175.00 on 3/31/17 if everything posts correctly.  Thank you ARS for all the information!

Sweet!

If you're posting in this (the old) thread, I'm assuming it was with Old Company?

It may be worth moving the card over to New Company (see here for the new thread & comparison of the two companies, if you haven't seen it) at some point.  Old company is good, too, you'll just likely see more sales that route  :)

Either way, super easy $175 is a win!  :D

stachedpotatos

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #836 on: February 09, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
Does anyone know if you can sell Tradelines with multiple companies?

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #837 on: February 09, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
Does anyone know if you can sell Tradelines with multiple companies?

For any individual card - no. It's bad practice and likely to get your account shut down.

Different cards? Sure.

MFG_Hotspur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #838 on: February 10, 2017, 09:33:31 AM »
I just got a sale on a card that I want to remove from this company. How do I notify them that I do not want to add this AU and close everything going forward? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that in their portal.

Edit: I ended up saying I can't add them in the portal due to lack of availability and emailed every email address I have for this company to remove me entirely. I'll see what happens from here!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:53:31 AM by MFG_Hotspur »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #839 on: February 10, 2017, 11:24:07 AM »
I just got a sale on a card that I want to remove from this company. How do I notify them that I do not want to add this AU and close everything going forward? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that in their portal.

Edit: I ended up saying I can't add them in the portal due to lack of availability and emailed every email address I have for this company to remove me entirely. I'll see what happens from here!

I proactively emailed old company at the original email I got from ARS that I was transitioning to the new company and requested no more sales on the two cards I had enrolled with them.  I then informed new company that I would like to start sales on the two new cards the day after the old AUs were scheduled to be removed (1/19 and 2/2 respectively).  New company jumped the gun a little and gave me a sale on one of the two cards a few days early, but we worked the issue out.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #840 on: February 10, 2017, 03:15:39 PM »

In the agreement you sign, they ask that you give them 30 days notice to remove a card, so this exact thing doesn't happen, them selling a line on your card, then you not adding it.

I'd personally just add it, and let them know you don't want to do any more going forward.  If you then want to move it to a new company, just let the company know there is currently 1 AU due to be removed on XX/XX/XXXX.

Given their glut of cards and lack of AUs, they'll probably just move the sale to another card, and it won't be a big deal, but for anyone else looking to remove cards, try to give them notice, per the agreement.  :)

MFG_Hotspur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #841 on: February 11, 2017, 06:15:49 AM »

In the agreement you sign, they ask that you give them 30 days notice to remove a card, so this exact thing doesn't happen, them selling a line on your card, then you not adding it.

I'd personally just add it, and let them know you don't want to do any more going forward.  If you then want to move it to a new company, just let the company know there is currently 1 AU due to be removed on XX/XX/XXXX.

Given their glut of cards and lack of AUs, they'll probably just move the sale to another card, and it won't be a big deal, but for anyone else looking to remove cards, try to give them notice, per the agreement.  :)

Thanks for the feedback!

While it is 100% my fault, I just forgot I set that account up because I only enrolled 1 card to try it out and didn't get any sales for 6 months (the first time was yesterday). In the meantime, I started up with the second company and enrolled that same card (which I shouldn't have done). I then got 3 sales at company 2 the day before I got 2 sales at company 1 so I couldn't add them without raising some red flags with BoA.

Company 1 was very nice about it and responsive so I'm all set now.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #842 on: February 11, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
Hah, what a funny coincidence.  :)

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #843 on: February 13, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »
I have gotten 2 sales so far this month with old company (yay!). I decided to keep the cards I already had enrolled with them, mainly out of laziness, instead of transferring them to the new company. No sales so far with new company (but my payment due dates are still a few days away). I will take anything, this is just extra cash for us and it brightens my day when I get that 'Urgent' emai/text :). In case anyone is interested, both cards have a CL of 10K and 3 and 4 years old in age.

I was wondering if anyone has unchecked the box to NOT send a card to the AU (when given the option). I have this option with one of my banks (Cap One) and I decided to uncheck it. Any negative consequences as a result of this?

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #844 on: February 13, 2017, 12:49:44 PM »
I signed up in August with old company and never heard jack from them. I have a 12 yr old BoA card with an 18k limit.

All of you getting sales, do they just email you? I have been so busy w life changes that I never got around to bothering them or finding that there is a NEW company (which I will now probably be too late for also).

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »
All of you getting sales, do they just email you?

I get e-mails and texts.

I have just one card with them but both slots are filled right now so I'm happy. :-)

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #846 on: February 13, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »
I signed up in August with old company and never heard jack from them. I have a 12 yr old BoA card with an 18k limit.

All of you getting sales, do they just email you? I have been so busy w life changes that I never got around to bothering them or finding that there is a NEW company (which I will now probably be too late for also).

Is your BOA card showing up properly in their online portal? Seems strange to get no sales. I get about 1 sale per month after signing up last August. Barclaycard 23k limit 9 years old.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »
Thanks for the data points!

I need to check in with old co also.  No activity in 2 months and I was filled up before..

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »

Is your BOA card showing up properly in their online portal? Seems strange to get no sales. I get about 1 sale per month after signing up last August. Barclaycard 23k limit 9 years old.

This is the kind of response that I was wondering about. Thank you.
I have no online portal access. I always wondered what the hell happened and how I would know. I emailed them. Apparently they lumped me in with the September crowd and I didn't meet the 30k minimum cap and so they never activated my account. Pisses me off b/c when I sent in my paperwork I asked if I was good to go and they said yes.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »

This is the kind of response that I was wondering about. Thank you.
I have no online portal access. I always wondered what the hell happened and how I would know. I emailed them. Apparently they lumped me in with the September crowd and I didn't meet the 30k minimum cap and so they never activated my account. Pisses me off b/c when I sent in my paperwork I asked if I was good to go and they said yes.

That's frustrating, especially that last part.  =/

I'd say it'd be well worth switching over to the new company, the card is good enough to get sales for sure.

If anyone else has had a similar problem, or is still signed up with the old company, but never saw any sales, go check out the new thread, specifically posts #2 and 3 in that thread where I compared the two companies.