Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 206057 times)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking: $600+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #650 on: November 01, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
If you think they are trustworthy, could you PM me the info, and any referral information I should use?

I have a couple of 1 year old cards (mentioned earlier in this thread) that I wouldn't mind enrolling while waiting for them to qualify for the first company.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #651 on: November 01, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »
If you think they are trustworthy, could you PM me the info, and any referral information I should use?

I have a couple of 1 year old cards (mentioned earlier in this thread) that I wouldn't mind enrolling while waiting for them to qualify for the first company.

+1

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #652 on: November 01, 2016, 04:35:10 PM »
Just FYI, I'd proceed cautiously with the company boarder is using.  They're one of the ones I'm checking out as well, but... well, I'll wait to publish my analysis of all of them, but, just be cautious. :)

There's a reason why I'm not jumping into recommending a bunch of other potential companies.

One reason for this, FWIW, is
1) Higher risk of getting a card shut down.

2) Any cards you use with another company can't be used with the current recommendation later.

Or, if you unenroll any cards from the current company to use with another tradeline company, you can't re-enroll them later (you can temporarily pause/take them out and reenroll them, if you don't use them with anyone else).

Essentially this is due to the verification procedures the current company uses that other companies do not.  If the other companies put AUs on there that are not verified, it could lead to higher shutdowns later.  Basically, the first company does not want you adding unverified AUs with other companies, potentially red flagging the card, then enrolling it with them, where when you add AUs, it then gets shut down mid-cycle, they have to refund the AU, etc.  Extra hassle and cost.  They want "clean" cards that haven't had potentially shady, unverified out AUs (or just AUs that they've verified).

Email customer support of the current company for more details, or PM me, and I can quote stuff from our conversations around it.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #653 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »
Very helpful info, ARS, thanks. I don't want to mess with the good situation with your originally recommended co., which is still a good amount of $$ for very little work. So it's good to know how one could be shooting off one's foot by doing too much shifting around.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #654 on: November 01, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
Wondering what some of you would do in this situation.  I have a Discover card grandfathered in under the $10k limit, and I just got a credit limit increase to $9500. 

Would you leave it at $9500 and presumably fill up the spots every month because it will be one of the most valuable cards under $10k, or increase the credit line when possibly to get a higher commission, but possibly/probably less spots filled?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #655 on: November 01, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »
Wondering what some of you would do in this situation.  I have a Discover card grandfathered in under the $10k limit, and I just got a credit limit increase to $9500. 

Would you leave it at $9500 and presumably fill up the spots every month because it will be one of the most valuable cards under $10k, or increase the credit line when possibly to get a higher commission, but possibly/probably less spots filled?

As I said a bit earlier to someone: my primary concern is using a good company.

Everything starts with that, for me.  So if the good company (or companies) won't take a card under 10k, I'd wait a few months for another bump.

If there is a good company that will take < 10k, I'd enroll it with them, and bump it once you can.

In other words, I personally wouldn't enroll it with a subpar company just because a good company won't take it yet, when it's so close to being useful with them for a long time.

Right now, I'd advise you to wait a month or so to see if some of these other companies pan out.  I know it's tempting to try and get money NOW from it, but, IMO, that will pay off in the long run.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #656 on: November 01, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
Data point in case it helps others: My activity has really ramped up with the company that this thread is focused on.  I guess it will be bittersweet when the payouts go down next month.  However, I'll take it while I can get it.  I had 3 sales in the past 3-4 days on the 1 card.  It already had a sale (on month 2), so that brings me to 4 of 5 spots.  The card is right at the 10K limit but it is 8 years old.  I went from 2 spots to 5 in early October.

Hope everyone starts seeing more activity to offset the decreased commissions!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #657 on: November 01, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »
Hope everyone starts seeing more activity to offset the decreased commissions!

People leaving the current company may well in fact make that the case!  :)

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #658 on: November 01, 2016, 06:06:31 PM »
Just FYI, I'd proceed cautiously with the company boarder is using.  They're one of the ones I'm checking out as well, but... well, I'll wait to publish my analysis of all of them, but, just be cautious. :)

There's a reason why I'm not jumping into recommending a bunch of other potential companies.

One reason for this, FWIW, is
1) Higher risk of getting a card shut down.

2) Any cards you use with another company can't be used with the current recommendation later.

Or, if you unenroll any cards from the current company to use with another tradeline company, you can't re-enroll them later (you can temporarily pause/take them out and reenroll them, if you don't use them with anyone else).

Essentially this is due to the verification procedures the current company uses that other companies do not.  If the other companies put AUs on there that are not verified, it could lead to higher shutdowns later.  Basically, the first company does not want you adding unverified AUs with other companies, potentially red flagging the card, then enrolling it with them, where when you add AUs, it then gets shut down mid-cycle, they have to refund the AU, etc.  Extra hassle and cost.  They want "clean" cards that haven't had potentially shady, unverified out AUs (or just AUs that they've verified).

Email customer support of the current company for more details, or PM me, and I can quote stuff from our conversations around it.

How would the current company know if a card has been used by another trade line company?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #659 on: November 01, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
How would the current company know if a card has been used by another trade line company?

They wouldn't, necessarily.

I personally wouldn't re/enroll cards with them given that I know their restriction around it, I don't think it would be right to be dishonest, given that I know they have said this, but if you didn't know, or were willing to just do it anyways, you could.

However, the main point isn't that they don't want to take them, and whether or not you could get away with re-enrolling them anyways, it's the reason why they don't want to take them.  They don't want the hassle of the cards potentially being shut down while they're trying to have AUs on them.  The risk is increased when adding potentially unvetted AUs.

That's the part that I'd consider more carefully than the "their rules say this."  The reason behind the rule, and that, in the long run, it works out better for me to keep cards enrolled for years, rather than risking them on shadier transactions and burning them quickly.

The other risk is that when adding unverified AUs you open yourself up to more risk in terms of fraud (and potentially even liability around that).

I'm sure others will try other things, and I'm looking forward to hearing their experiences.

I'm trying out other companies as well.  I'm just trying to be thorough.  I'd like a good company, with as much stability as possible, as good of payouts as possible, good customer service, and as much protection for me from potential fraud/liability.  :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:16:16 PM by arebelspy »

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2016, 07:01:01 PM »
Waiting here patiently :)

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #661 on: November 01, 2016, 08:12:49 PM »
So I have two cards with the current recommended tradeline company (since August) and I have yet to get any sales, but I'm hoping I will soon.

I have two different cards with the alternate tradeline company that was being discussed, and I just got 2 authorized user spots on one of them. I'm hoping this alternative company works out because they will take credit cards that the current recommended tradeline company won't take, namely my Elan Financial Services Fidelity Rewards Card. Of course, I don't know if it will work out with the alternative company, I sure hope so.

Spitfire

• Bristles
« Reply #662 on: November 02, 2016, 09:19:09 AM »
I just wanted to report back about the recommended company from ARS. I signed up with them in August only a few days before my statement date, so I did not get a sale. I got one in September, a Citi affiliate, so I had to add them over the phone. I was able to do this in a few minutes with no problems and no questions asked. Just yesterday I got an email confirming that my tradeline posted and that I would be getting paid in the next day or two. This morning I checked my bank and I see the direct deposit there, pending.

I did not get a sale in October, so only one total so far. Looks like things are a little slow, but the process does work, you do get paid, and it's very little effort. Thanks for this ARS.

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #663 on: November 02, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »
I lurked on some of the tradeline sites to see what they offer to customers. They're all over the place, where packages span from a few hundred to a few thousand.

Then it hit me - why not sell tradelines directly? I could sell to my extended network on FB for example.

But then I went to FB and it felt very spammy to put this offer out there. IDK. Any thoughts?

.22guy

• Stubble
« Reply #664 on: November 02, 2016, 09:52:46 AM »
I got paid this morning. 450 bucks for two sales recently made. Wow, talk about easy money!

Does anyone have a name or listing of appropriate cards for the other TL company?  PM me if needed. Thanks!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #665 on: November 02, 2016, 09:52:55 AM »
I lurked on some of the tradeline sites to see what they offer to customers. They're all over the place, where packages span from a few hundred to a few thousand.

Then it hit me - why not sell tradelines directly? I could sell to my extended network on FB for example.

But then I went to FB and it felt very spammy to put this offer out there. IDK. Any thoughts?

I thought about that as well and came to the same conclusion. I don't think I would be comfortable with it. Plus friends/family + Owing me money = Disaster. Many are in the bad credit situation to begin with because of money issues. I figure it's a good way to ruin relationships.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #666 on: November 02, 2016, 12:05:16 PM »

When people were complaining about slow sales and commissions dropping, I did think "well you could just cut out the middle man and do it yourself..."
My next thought is I'm way too lazy to do the marketing and don't care that much..
Hadn't considered the friends and family on FB angle, that would cut out the being lazy part, but like you, I would feel it was spammy, not something I'd put ou. Maybe through word of mouth, or if it came up? I generally don't like to mix friends/family/money: similar to not shitting where you eat.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #667 on: November 02, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »
When adding AUs, if the CC company asks for an address, do you:

(a) Provide the AU address, figuring that is more likely for the CL to report correctly?
(b) Provide your address, figuring it is safer so that there is less chance an active card will be mailed to the AU?

I just did (a) a minute ago, but am a little nervous about that.

ETA:  Never mind, the company recommends A and says not to worry about B.

Another thing I did was go in and set up email alerts for purchases, figuring if a wacky AU happens, at least I can shut their card down very quickly and limit my liability risk if necessary.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:34:59 PM by secondcor521 »

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #668 on: November 02, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »
Commenting to follow and to remind myself to come back and read everything fully. Unfortunately I don't have any usable cards, but maybe I'll finally respond to the 500 credit card offers from PNC and see...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #669 on: November 02, 2016, 04:59:23 PM »
Looks like things are a little slow, but the process does work, you do get paid, and it's very little effort. Thanks for this ARS.

Glad to hear!  Every little bit--especially for so little effort--helps. Thanks for the report!  :)

I got paid this morning. 450 bucks for two sales recently made. Wow, talk about easy money!

Nice!  :)

Does anyone have a name or listing of appropriate cards for the other TL company?  PM me if needed. Thanks!

There is no other TL company right now.  There is a few others that people are trying, some of which I've looked into and are uncomfortable with.  You can try some of the other ones, of course.  Just be careful.  :)   I'll have a full report in a few weeks.

Right now, I see no reason to rush into moving from a good company to the unknown just for movement's sake.. could really shoot yourself in the foot long term.

I thought about that as well and came to the same conclusion. I don't think I would be comfortable with it. Plus friends/family + Owing me money = Disaster. Many are in the bad credit situation to begin with because of money issues. I figure it's a good way to ruin relationships.

+1.  There are friends/family I'd do it for for free, so letting them know about this AU concept to temporarily boost a score is a good idea.  But I wouldn't feel comfortable working out charging them for it, especially given how it costs me nothing except five minutes.

I do like the idea of letting people know (especially, for example, my wife's younger sister and her husband) that we can boost their score if they're applying for something.

Also a great way to help friends/family who have little to no credit into travel hacking!

Thanks for the idea!

When adding AUs, if the CC company asks for an address, do you:

(a) Provide the AU address, figuring that is more likely for the CL to report correctly?

This one.  They still ship the card, if you request one (I always do, because I worry about saying I don't want one being a red flag, but I have no idea if that's true or not), to your address.

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #670 on: November 03, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
they are the same commission for limits but they took my 1 year old cars and said they could get me a couple signups on those and then max them when they turn 2.

+1 would you mind sharing that new website? i could probably test it out with one card and serve as a data point as well here for the group.

thanks

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #671 on: November 03, 2016, 07:35:46 AM »
So I have two cards with the current recommended tradeline company (since August) and I have yet to get any sales, but I'm hoping I will soon.

I have two different cards with the alternate tradeline company that was being discussed, and I just got 2 authorized user spots on one of them. I'm hoping this alternative company works out because they will take credit cards that the current recommended tradeline company won't take, namely my Elan Financial Services Fidelity Rewards Card. Of course, I don't know if it will work out with the alternative company, I sure hope so.

I have an Elan Financial as well.... would you mind sharing the company you're using it with? Its my most prized card and havent been able to use it anywhere (9 years old at 21k)

thanks
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:38:32 AM by MrSal »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #672 on: November 03, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
Sal: the two posters you just quoted aren't even using the same alternative TL company as each other.  :)

I understand the urge to go go go right this second, but be a little patient, it will be worth waiting to make the right move, if any, IMO.

Also, FWIW, I have an Elan card enrolled with the current company.  Once stuff opens w/ them in January, you may be able to enroll it there.

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #673 on: November 03, 2016, 07:55:01 AM »
Sal: the two posters you just quoted aren't even using the same alternative TL company as each other.  :)

I understand the urge to go go go right this second, but be a little patient, it will be worth waiting to make the right move, if any, IMO.

Also, FWIW, I have an Elan card enrolled with the current company.  Once stuff opens w/ them in January, you may be able to enroll it there.

Thanks. I will be waiting your report... but I dont mind serving as guinea pig as well on trying out a company. I have seen a few companies online as well, so I wouldnt mind going/experimenting on a limited card a company that hasnt been tried yet.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #674 on: November 03, 2016, 08:01:39 AM »
Sure, by all means!  Just wanted to add that caveat.  As long as you read the earlier stuff and want to take that risk, extra people reporting, or checking out other companies not covered yet is a good idea.  :)

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #675 on: November 03, 2016, 09:51:51 AM »
The payout amounts for the *original* (we need a secret code name, it seems, now that research about other TL co's is underway here) TLs co. are changing as of 12/1. Do we know if this means "for any sales made 12/1 or later" or if the change applies to "any payouts made as of 12/1 or later"?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #676 on: November 03, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »
The payout amounts for the *original* (we need a secret code name, it seems, now that research about other TL co's is underway here) TLs co. are changing as of 12/1. Do we know if this means "for any sales made 12/1 or later" or if the change applies to "any payouts made as of 12/1 or later"?

It isn't clear to me, even after rereading the original email they sent out.

My guess would be that it would be based on their payroll date, so all of the sales we make that would get paid on 11/30 would be under the old commission schedule, and all of the sales we make that would get paid on 12/31 would be under the new commission schedule.  Again, just a guess.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #677 on: November 03, 2016, 05:55:45 PM »

I was wondering the same, my statement date on my card with them is on the 27th, so I was hoping I could get another batch in at the higher payout.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #678 on: November 03, 2016, 05:58:38 PM »
I think it's the opposite--all sales made before Dec 1 are at the old rate.  On Dec 1, they change the commissions going forward, and remove Chase.

I will email and confirm though.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #679 on: November 03, 2016, 07:39:09 PM »
I think it's the opposite--all sales made before Dec 1 are at the old rate.  On Dec 1, they change the commissions going forward, and remove Chase.

I will email and confirm though.

Confirmed.

Here is what they just sent me:
The sales made in November will be paid out in December and will be on the old commission schedule. All sales made after or on December 1st will be on the new commission structure.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #680 on: November 03, 2016, 08:03:04 PM »
Woohoo!  :)

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #681 on: November 03, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »
Great news, thanks ARS!

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #682 on: November 04, 2016, 06:02:14 AM »
Awesome, hopefully I can max out my spots.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #683 on: November 07, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »
following.

cotterpin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #684 on: November 07, 2016, 11:52:04 PM »
This is interesting. Going to follow.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #685 on: November 08, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »
Has anyone else had their AUs not post correctly, so didn't get paid? Happened to me with my October sale, and I can't see that I did anything incorrectly. It just didn't post to his credit report. Does that just happen sometimes?

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #686 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Has anyone else had their AUs not post correctly, so didn't get paid? Happened to me with my October sale, and I can't see that I did anything incorrectly. It just didn't post to his credit report. Does that just happen sometimes?

That's frustrating. Did you have a little spending on the credit card ?

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #687 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »

Did you make sure there was a transaction on the card of at least a few dollars? Sometimes they don't report anything to the credit bureaus if there are no transactions. If the transactions are too small, some banks "forgive" the charges instead of creating a statement, so I always charge at least $3.

I have not had any AUs fail to post so far - what bank was it with? Apparently some banks have trouble posting.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #688 on: November 08, 2016, 08:55:31 AM »

Once in June, with B of A, but that issue was resolved in July.

Who was the CC provider?  Did you use a SSN to add?  PM details if you don't want to share publicly.

Also did you contact the tradeline company?  They should upload a copy of the credit report as proof.  Did you ask them if others had this issue with that provider this month?  Did it post to any of the 3 agencies, or just one of them (it needs to post to 2 of the 3 to be valid)?  Did you have a balance on the card at the close date?

If it was an October sale, how do you know it didn't post correctly?  The results for those shouldn't come for another few weeks.

EDIT: I asked about the SSN above because Barclays, for example, doesn't ask for an SSN if you add them online--so you have to call and request they put an SSN, for security reasons, or you have to put their address on the Barclay's site--and adding an address is optional, and only shows up if you select it, otherwise it's easy to miss. So without putting their address on, or calling to add an SSN, it might not get on their report /END EDIT
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:59:20 AM by arebelspy »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #689 on: November 08, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »
Did you make sure there was a transaction on the card of at least a few dollars? Sometimes they don't report anything to the credit bureaus if there are no transactions. If the transactions are too small, some banks "forgive" the charges instead of creating a statement, so I always charge at least $3.

I have a bookmark to Amazon to load 2.50 from a CC to my Amazon gift card balance (essentially fake spending it, knowing I'll spend it later at some point on Amazon), then I just select the CC that I want the spend to be on.   Simple, and you don't have to dig out your card, which could be a hassle if you have a bunch enrolled.  :)

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #690 on: November 08, 2016, 09:40:31 AM »
Thanks, all. It's a Barclay's card. i have it set up to auto charge to Amazon every month so there's always $10 there at statement close.

This was for September (so would have been paid in Oct.) I successfully added my first client to this account in August, following the same steps for the September client.

I contacted the TL co. yesterday and got to see the credit report of the client (which didn't show my account).

Barclay's has changed their Add Authorized User interface so that a SS is no longer required. I did add the client's address, but not the SS, which I guess would have required calling. ARS, are you saying I should have called to add that?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #691 on: November 08, 2016, 09:51:32 AM »
ARS, are you saying I should have called to add that?

I did not when I recently sold a line on a Barclays, but it is an option to help it report correctly.  I plan on doing so in the future if more reports crop up like yours, or if the Barclay one I just did doesn't post correctly.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #692 on: November 08, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »
ARS, are you saying I should have called to add that?

I did not when I recently sold a line on a Barclays, but it is an option to help it report correctly.  I plan on doing so in the future if more reports crop up like yours, or if the Barclay one I just did doesn't post correctly.

I just noticed a discrepancy in the client address I was given to add and his address on his credit report, so maybe that was the problem. If it would help things report correctly and wouldn't raise flags on Barclaycard's end, calling with the SS might be prudent. Good idea.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #693 on: November 08, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
Sounds like you figured out your issue, but I noticed that Barclays mangles apartment #s.  It seems to mix that into the address upon save.  I am concerned this may hose up my AU reporting this month.  (I don't think the previous AU had an apt#).

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »
I just received a call from someone who told me they were trying to track down an associate of mine. I didn't recognize the name at first, but it did sound familiar. Since names have been purged from the portal, I searched my email and realized this was someone I added as an authorized user in Aug 2015. I searched the phone number of the caller, and learned it's a debt collector. Luckily, the debt collector was very polite. Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »
I just received a call from someone who told me they were trying to track down an associate of mine. I didn't recognize the name at first, but it did sound familiar. Since names have been purged from the portal, I searched my email and realized this was someone I added as an authorized user in Aug 2015. I searched the phone number of the caller, and learned it's a debt collector. Luckily, the debt collector was very polite. Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Eek! And your response?

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #696 on: November 11, 2016, 04:13:51 PM »
Sounds like you figured out your issue, but I noticed that Barclays mangles apartment #s.  It seems to mix that into the address upon save.  I am concerned this may hose up my AU reporting this month.  (I don't think the previous AU had an apt#).

TL co. said the address wasn't the issue, so honestly I don't know what was. When I added my first person back in July, no SS was required, I followed the instructions, and it worked fine. So I don't know what went wrong.

I hope the two I added in Oct. go through... We shall see.

I noticed that about saved addresses as well. Problem is, once you add the AU and tell TL co. you did, that info gets purged from their system, so you can't go back and verify. I might keep better track of that address info until everything resolves each month from now on.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #697 on: November 11, 2016, 04:18:36 PM »

Eek! And your response?
I asked who he (the caller) was, but he gave some vague answer. I told him the name sounded very familiar, like maybe the name of someone who was doing work on my house. It really was a pleasant conversation vs some of the things I have heard about debt collectors. I am wondering if there could be unintended consequences from adding these people. The reason his name came up in my email-- I was sent a letter addressed to him from Amazon in 2015, and contacted the Tradeline company to ask about it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2016, 06:08:59 PM »
I am wondering if there could be unintended consequences from adding these people.

Like what?  You're not responsible for any of their debts (other than your card, obviously, but as discussed earlier, they shouldn't be able to get ahold of that).

99% of the time, a debt collector shouldn't even be able to find your phone number (unless you use a landline still), and if they send a letter to an address that was briefly listed on someone's report over a year and a half ago (yours, if it gets listed, which it doesn't much of the time), you throw it away.

I'm not sure what "unintended consequences" you mean.

TL co. said the address wasn't the issue, so honestly I don't know what was. When I added my first person back in July, no SS was required, I followed the instructions, and it worked fine. So I don't know what went wrong.

I hope the two I added in Oct. go through... We shall see.

Weird.  I don't think there's a systemic problem with Barclays... let us know how Oct goes, we'll find out in about 2.5 weeks.  :)

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #699 on: November 19, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
I have a Barclay card in the system now.  I have another Barclay card that became 2 years old pretty recently.  I am wondering if adding it (when they start taking new cards) is a good idea.  My current card is doing 3-4 AU's per month as of late.  Would it raise suspicion with the CC company if I am using a number of AU spots on both cards?

Thanks for any insight.