Author Topic: Free garden hose  (Read 1543 times)

AdiposeFinn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Free garden hose
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:51:53 PM »
I needed another 20 feet or so of hose to water the garden and instead of running over to the close-by big box store I posted an #ask on my local Buy Nothing Facebook group. In a few minutes I saw someone had replied that he had a hose that I could have and sent me his address. I picked it up right away. The whole transaction took about the same or less time than it would to go to the store.

He said the hose was in rough shape but honestly it just looks dirty. There is a small but acceptable leak where the hose attaches to the hose bib. I put in hose washers at the joints and made the connections tight so there are no other leaks.

If you haven't joined your local Buy Nothing group go to https://buynothingproject.org/ and sign up.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Free garden hose
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 05:13:38 PM »
Thats a good idea, i'll look into a local buy nothing group here too.  I scored a killer deal on hoses last year at a garage sale, at one of the first houses i went to they had a couple shopping bags full of yellow Wildland light-duty firefighting hoses that have the same connections as a normal garden hose, are each 50' long 400psi rated, but still roll up (and flatten) into a tiny bundle that only weighs 2lbs and could sit on a small dinner plate.  Some were used, but most were still new.  I got all 9 of them for $10.