Author Topic: Air travel hack; AirMule  (Read 2307 times)

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Air travel hack; AirMule
« on: September 17, 2018, 05:26:01 PM »
Disclosure: I have NOT done this.  I saw it on a news/infotainment show on TV.   And couldn't find a better place to post it.

AirMule(.com) will pay you to be a 'courier' of checked luggage on international flights.   That is; they pay you for taking luggage they provide as (some of) your checked luggage.
As soon as I heard of it, I thought 'no way I'd ever do that', but...
They explained (and showed) that AirMule works WITH the TSA.  All the contents of the bag(s) are listed in detail, including pictures.

This reviewer - https://www.travelchinacheaper.com/air-courier-travel-hack-airmule-review - explains how it works, including that you can inspect the contents of the luggage and got $150 / bag.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:28:38 PM by HipGnosis »

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Air travel hack; AirMule
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:44:53 PM »
I've heard of this, but I wouldn't do it, unless they can guarantee that I would not be charged with trafficking or any other crime. I'm not risking my freedom and criminal record for 300 bucks.

apkanne

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »
Man, i travel to the UK for work all the time... but from Orlando. Maybe they will update to more cities one day? Would be pretty cool to make money off of work trips.

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »
This is amazing! :D

I have undreds of miles to spend... and I usually only take a backpack so this can easily add 800-1000 dollars per trip ( I usually get 2 luggages since I have preferred status and doing roundtrip i would be able to go for 4 lugagges total)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 11:44:09 PM »
Before overnight shipping and personal computers, this was totally a thing. I didn't know it still existed. I would absolutely look into this if I was still single. Of course, I'd want the same guarantees as PL, and there are plenty of countries I would not fly to, but it's still fun to fantasize about.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!