Author Topic: Restaurant Depot  (Read 3362 times)

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
Restaurant Depot
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »
Anyone ever do Restuarant Depot to buy groceries? You can get  10lbs of chicken for 20 bucks and 15 dozen eggs for 13 dollars.  Obviously you have to buy in bulk but seems better than costco

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Restaurant Depot
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
Interesting. I think there's a Restaurant Depot near me (sort of), but I thought you actually had to own/manage a restaurant to shop there.

hgjjgkj

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:15:28 PM »
I think that is the idea, but I dont think its an imperative. You probably need a Tax ID number or something though. Was hoping someone could confirm

lemonverbena

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
Restaurant Depot does require a business ID#, however Cash n Carry does not and is open to the public.

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »
Anyone ever do Restuarant Depot to buy groceries? You can get  10lbs of chicken for 20 bucks and 15 dozen eggs for 13 dollars.  Obviously you have to buy in bulk but seems better than costco

I can match the chicken price at several local places, with small quantities of boneless breasts @1.99 being pretty common. Everybody from  Walmart, to the local farm supply store, have eggs for similar prices, with Wal-mart at $.77 by the dozen, or less in the 18 and 40 packs. The farm supply has local brown eggs for $.90 a dozen.  We typically buy free range, brown "unclassified" eggs at $1.75 locally. They are a bit of a giggle, since some are small and others look like they fell out of an ostrich.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 04:11:20 PM »

I can match the chicken price at several local places, with small quantities of boneless breasts @1.99 being pretty common. Everybody from  Walmart, to the local farm supply store, have eggs for similar prices, with Wal-mart at $.77 by the dozen, or less in the 18 and 40 packs. The farm supply has local brown eggs for $.90 a dozen.  We typically buy free range, brown "unclassified" eggs at $1.75 locally. They are a bit of a giggle, since some are small and others look like they fell out of an ostrich.

Walmart at the corner here has eggs, 5 dozen for $3.18.  And these are the California special cage free eggs!  I just can't believe they're that cheap and they aren't all gone by the time I get there (4 am). I once panicked when they raised the price to $3.22 and bought a second case just in case (lol).  They went back down, eventually-there must be some sort of algorithm behind the changes.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 11:08:31 AM »

Those are normal non bulk grocery store prices for those items. 

Costco is good for some stuff, but a lot of it is just over priced.  Not only do you have to buy it in ridiculous quantities, but the unit price at costco is often higher than the regular grocery store for a lot of stuff (eggs, milk, and ice cream come to mind). 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!