Author Topic: Repaired PS4 controller  (Read 1553 times)

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
Repaired PS4 controller
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:07:31 AM »
Kind of a win and a loss.

I had 2 PS4 controllers that the thumbsticks had completely worn out on. In the past I would have simply bought new ones which would have been around 50 each.

Instead I bought replacement thumbsticks and attempted to repair them. Now the first one I managed to break which was kind of a loss although it would've have been replaced otherwise so not that much of a loss. However with what i learned from failing on that one I successfully repaired the other one.

With what I learned I should be able to repair future ones without issues plus I did take apart the failed one for spare parts in case I need any in the future.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:09:47 AM by prognastat »

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
Re: Repaired PS4 controller
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:17:15 AM »
Nice!  I've got four Wavebird Gamecube controllers at home and the analog sticks on two of them are pretty janky now, might have to try this soon myself (though I'd be afraid of breaking one, this damn things cost too much now, even in crappy shape).

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
Re: Repaired PS4 controller
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
Nice!  I've got four Wavebird Gamecube controllers at home and the analog sticks on two of them are pretty janky now, might have to try this soon myself (though I'd be afraid of breaking one, this damn things cost too much now, even in crappy shape).

Yeah I wasn't completely happy with the first one breaking, my best advice is to be very careful around connectors and get a video of someone doing it if possible where you can clearly see what they are doing.