Author Topic: Ran 3.5 Miles  (Read 1532 times)

Transcensionist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Ran 3.5 Miles
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »
Not a feat in and of itself. But as I pondered over which shoes to wear on my trek I thought of my recent mustache readings and the badassity exhibited by the native Americans. Why must I wear shoes at all? It was a nice day (60 F or so), so I tossed my shoes and socks aside and jogged out of the house. I received some raised eyebrows from passers by and some smiles from others. Even on concrete and tar paths I felt refreshed to be carrying along so naturally.

I will caution that this may not be for everyone. I'd been previously accustomed to minimalist running footwear which gets you familiar with the fore-foot strike; you can cause some extreme uncomfortableness and damage striking with your heel. If you decide to try this be sure to ease your way into it, maybe only a block or so at a time to start.

Be aware of your surroundings but do not fear rocks and glass - at least not to the extent that you would think they would be present. There were only a couple annoying pebbles encountered on my route. I did have some minor toe blisters but nothing severe and they quickly went away after a day of rest.

JoshuaSpodek

• Bristles
    • Leadership, values, meaning, purpose, importance, passion
Re: Ran 3.5 Miles
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
Thank you for the refreshing post!

So many posts of people asking should I do this or should I do that without even trying first, then threads of people giving advice and debating that advice when they could just try what they're asking about and answer the question for themselves.

You just did it and reported back. Instead of debate, you inspire experimentation and action.

Transcensionist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Ran 3.5 Miles
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:48:22 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement Joshua!