Author Topic: Proud to learn oldest DS AND his DGF are ON-BOARD!!!  (Read 2065 times)

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
Proud to learn oldest DS AND his DGF are ON-BOARD!!!
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:17 AM »
Mother Fussbudget's oldest son (DS) is in banking, and familiar with financial transactions - helping people sign up for credit on a daily basis.
He's been on-board with Muscachianism for quite a while - live beneath your means, save/invest the difference, max out retirement accounts as soon as you can do so without breaking your budget, etc.  He drove my old 2003 Prius until it literally died, and recently purchased a used mini-van (with a loan) because both things are what he needed - the van to help with camping (LARP'ing), and the loan to build credit with an eye toward a future mortgage.

Yesterday at our weekly 'boyz night', while munching pizza at CostCo, and catching up with my sons, oldest DH tells the following story:

"Dad, I think my girlfriend (DGF) is on-board with Mustachianism.  I've been making a hearty breakfast of pancakes and scrambled eggs for both of us for months.  Last week, she started putting the eggs & pancakes in a sandwich keeper, and taking them to work for lunch - eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast instead.  Yesterday, she said, 'I saved $80 dollars last week on food by taking my lunch to work.' 

I laughed, "She's IN" !!!  :-D

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
Re: Proud to learn oldest DS AND his DGF are ON-BOARD!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
I'd like to point out that he does not need a loan to improve his credit score.  My score was over 760 with only credit cards when we got our first home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
also you could add him to your Credit cards as an AU as we do for others to make money in the Tradelines thread ...  This works for your friends and family locally if you want to help them get a credit boost.  i did it for my wife's credit with some of my older cards.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:14 AM »
I'd like to point out that he does not need a loan to improve his credit score.  My score was over 760 with only credit cards when we got our first home.

Definitely.  I got my first CC in 2011, a handful more in 2013, and landed a 3.625% mortgage in 2015.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »

Definitely.  I got my first CC in 2011, a handful more in 2013, and landed a 3.625% mortgage in 2015.

should have REFI'd summer of 2016 they fell to 3.25

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

Should have bought AAPL for 1.00 in 2002 also.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

this isnt a hindsite thing like that ... you can REFI for free in most cities its just watching rates.

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »
this isnt a hindsite thing like that ... you can REFI for free in most cities its just watching rates.
[/quote]

Where are you finding an option to REFI for free? In my experience, that is very uncommon.

OP, sounds like a perfect scenario for your son to hit FIRE fast!