Author Topic: Property tax sub $300  (Read 869 times)

chillyphilly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Property tax sub $300
« on: November 25, 2022, 04:40:34 PM »
Just wanted to drop in and share the excitement.

We moved from living inside one of the nation’s hottest housing markets to just outside of it (longer commute but only work part time) into a new tiny-ish 450 sq ft home on 7 acres earlier this year. We have rented up until this point in our lives (mid 30’s couple with two kids) and finally saved up enough to pay cash for everything. Our property tax assessment came in today and I was pleased it was even cheaper than expected. With the homeowner’s exemption, the total came under $300 per year! To compare, our last small house rent was over $17,000 per year (it went up to over $26,000 after we moved out…yikes).

I’ll take that for a savings!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 08:14:30 PM by chillyphilly »

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Re: Property tax sub $300
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 05:49:48 PM »
Nice!  I’m impressed with a 4 person family in 450 sq”!

I also have a sub $300/yr property tax, but in my state’s case, considering food has a 5% tax and sales tax is 10%, I don’t approve of it from a political perspective.  Doesn’t keep me from enjoying it from a personal perspective!

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
  • Older than the internet, but not wiser... yet
Re: Property tax sub $300
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 02:13:46 PM »
Just wanted to drop in and share the excitement.

We moved from living inside one of the nation’s hottest housing markets to just outside of it (longer commute but only work part time) into a new tiny-ish 450 sq ft home on 7 acres earlier this year. We have rented up until this point in our lives (mid 30’s couple with two kids) and finally saved up enough to pay cash for everything. Our property tax assessment came in today and I was pleased it was even cheaper than expected. With the homeowner’s exemption, the total came under $300 per year! To compare, our last small house rent was over $17,000 per year (it went up to over $26,000 after we moved out…yikes).

I’ll take that for a savings!

Congrats, @chillyphilly! That's a lot of efficiency.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!