Author Topic: My mustachian wedding - around $1500  (Read 1927 times)

ImproveEveryday

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
My mustachian wedding - around $1500
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »
My husband and I got married last year, before I knew about MMM. Looking back though, I can't help but smile at the thought of how mustachian it truly was.

dress/tux: $400 total. My wedding dress was only about $150. Why so inexpensive? Instead of getting some dumb (IMO) frilly, fancy and expensive wedding dress from Davids Bridal, I went online to DHGate and ordered a beautiful little custom-made dress direct from a business in China. Beautiful, simple, and knee-length, just perfect for me! The grand total after buying the dress, some shoes on Amazon, tights, and a little thing for my hair, was around $300, then my husbands suit rental was about $100. The groomsmen and bridesmaids brought their own dark suits and dresses.

Hair: $300. I got my hair done all fancy and treated my mom and bridesmaids

chair rental: $60

Decorations: $50. Made my own with babys breath and mason jars and lace ; )

Bouquets: $100 for a big one, 2 smaller, and some pins. Just told the florist my budget and she     delivered wonderfully with less expensive (but no less gorgeous) flowers.

Music: $100. I hired 2 amateur musicians (flute and chello) to play as guests waited and as we walked the isle.

Official: free, we asked grandpa to marry us. We registered him online so he was "official" : )

Photography: A family member is a photographer, so we asked her to do that as a gift for us. She did, but we gave her $300 later as a gift for her efforts.

Venue: We didn't rent a venue, as a family member had a gorgeous backyard garden with fancy arbors that was just perfect. Everything around my (wealthy)area wanted anywhere from 8K to 15K to rent for an event, which we found insane.

Cake: Free! A good family friend is a high-end chef and baker, so we asked her to make our cake. Luckily for us, she insisted it be free as a gift from her.

Food: Free! This a a FLUKE. After the outdoor winter wedding, everyone hopped on the gondola and headed up our local ski mountain to the fancy restaurant on the top of the slopes. The view was amazing, the atmosphere was gorgrous, but the service was TERRIBLE. Its a long story, but the staff did such a bad job that they comped all of our meal and drinks, which would have totaled to about $1k. Thats fine by me. We were so busy talking and having a great time that many of us didn't really notice, and when the food finally came out it was delicious.

It really helped that we kept our wedding small and intimate, close family and best friends only! This amounted to about 24 people.

After the wedding we took a honeymoon to New Zealand, rented a camper van and lived like hippies for a month, driving around the South Islands and having a blast : )

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
Re: My mustachian wedding - around $1500
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »
Man, that sounds awesome. Totally worth it I'm sure.