Author Topic: My grocery saga  (Read 2103 times)

ACyclist

• Bristles
My grocery saga
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:28:34 PM »
I actually opened and read my coupons from Kroger. Score.

One free bread product
One free Philly cream cheese
Several dollars off some other stuff too, that was already on sale.

Walked out of Kroger with coffee, cheese bagels, cottage cheese, cream cheese, fage yogurt, and I only spent $5.

I am a slow learner, but I am learning from you people. Hahaha

Then I did the rest of my shopping at a cheaper place. i bought all my produce at the other lower priced place.

If I can end this month spending less than $550, I would say I have come leaps and bounds since Oct.

am I making you guys proud yet?  ;)

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
Re: My grocery saga
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 03:37:29 AM »
You’re using the app from Kroger?  I moved away from Kroger recently but got some seriously good deals signing my loyalty card up and using coupons on the Kroger app.

1. They have digital coupons for their brand of products. 
2. The Free friday item, often candy or a new product I wouldn’t buy.  Sometimes really enjoyable. You have to select the coupon on Friday, but then have two weeks to redeem it.
3. Once they start tracking (gasp) what you buy they will target coupons and additional free items to you.  I currently have coupons for 3 pounds of bananas, a tub of humus, a bag of corn chips and a couple candy bars sitting on my Kroger app, but alas, no Kroger.
4.  In my store they marked things down on Sunday, I was often able to pick up discount fruit, oranges and apples for 33 cents a pound.  Prepped stir fry veggies for 99 cents. Yogurt $1/quart. And, once in a great while, ready to bake pizza for $2.99.

ACyclist

• Bristles
Re: My grocery saga
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
No Kroger app.  Just a rewards card.