Author Topic: My Free Movie Day  (Read 4414 times)

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
My Free Movie Day
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »
Today, I went to see the new blockbuster "Furious 7", which is the seventh film in the "Fast and Furious" action-racing movie series.  I was able to go see it for free because I had all my family and friends give me their My Coke Rewards codes and I was able to cash in all those points for a free movie pass and free large soda at the theatre.  The movie was awesome, by the way, and they did a great job of rewriting and refilming the movie after star Paul Walker died in a car wreck halfway through filming.  They were able to use Paul Walker's footage, so it was a wonderful tribute to him at the end.

Meanwhile, I just cashed in enough Social Rewards points for another free movie ticket for this summer, which I'll probably use to go see "The Avenger: Age of Ultron".  Man, I love being able to go to the movies for free.  That's my favorite price. :-)

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
Re: My Free Movie Day
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »
You do know that the Star Wars The Force Awakens is out in December right?  I would personally save my rewards points for that one.  But then again I have two toddlers and another on the way so being able to go to a movie and enjoy it happens only every other year for me.  =(

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »
You do know that the Star Wars The Force Awakens is out in December right?  I would personally save my rewards points for that one.  But then again I have two toddlers and another on the way so being able to go to a movie and enjoy it happens only every other year for me.  =(

I'll definitely have enough points for Star Wars by December.  There's nothing like seeing a film like that on the big screen.  I'm glad I found some ways to be able to still go to the movies once in a while without paying the obscene prices theatres charge these days.

misschedda

• Stubble
    • The Chedda
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 01:41:55 PM »
How much coke do you have to drink to get a free movie ticket?

Gen Y Finance Journey

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:31:19 PM »
My local blood donation center gives out free movie tickets one day a week, so I always schedule my blood donations for that day. I haven't paid to see a new movie in years!

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 08:37:26 PM »
How much coke do you have to drink to get a free movie ticket?

I don't drink Coke.

BrendanJ45

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
I go to free movies all the time. Just go to twitter.com/orscreenings. (Replace OR with your state abbreviation). I've seen three free screenings this year. Just make sure you get there at least 30-60m early to make sure you get in and get good seats.

iknowiyam

• Stubble
    • The Honest Yam
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
My local blood donation center gives out free movie tickets one day a week, so I always schedule my blood donations for that day. I haven't paid to see a new movie in years!

Really? Is it a Red Cross place or something else? My husband donates regularly to Red Cross, but the nearest center is not really convenient to where we live now. He would be pretty excited about movie tickets. :)

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 11:48:43 PM »
Yep I've used coke rewards a few times to get movie tickets! Nice work!

MoneyRx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »
A good tip for getting a ton of points (I did this for pepsi points a long time ago) is to walk around after a large sporting event and take the caps off the bottles people leave everywhere.