Author Topic: My "free" Surface Pro Tablet  (Read 2186 times)

k-vette

• Bristles
    • Bolton Ebikes
My "free" Surface Pro Tablet
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »
Wife and I decided to start looking at a tablet/laptop. Her laptop of 6 years was dying.  We figured we might as well get something nice enough to ditch our desktop too and de-clutter a bit.

Discover card offered $100 Amazon gift card for signing up.  Just make a single purchase, no limit.  So I used it to get points back on gas when filling up one y.

Stage 2 phone upgrades
Both our phones were due for upgrades on Verizon.  (Employer pays monthly service)  my wife received an iPhone 5s for $50.  She already had the 5s, and the old one is listed on eBay.  I watched one selection used for $325 last night.  I purchased a galaxy s5 for $50 - but will continue using my old s3.  The s5 goes for close to $500 on the now.  (And signed up for best buy CC since they give you $20 off your first purchase)

Purchased the tablet on Amazon using the gift card and chase freedom cc.  (5% cash back on Amazon right now)  Phone proceeds will cover the balance.

So in the end we get
New iPhone for wife
New surface pro tablet
More space be selling desktop pc and desk
Whatever extra cash we get from selling the old laptop and good desktop plus desk.

We told our friend about this.  She said it sounds like too much work.  Truth is, probably 2-3 hours, most of that at best buy waiting for phone upgrades.

sol

• Walrus Stache
Re: My "free" Surface Pro Tablet
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
Am I correct in thinking that you are taking an employer-provided new cell phone and selling it, and pocketing the money?

And an unrelated question: is English your first language?

k-vette

• Bristles
    • Bolton Ebikes
Re: My "free" Surface Pro Tablet
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
No, we pay for the phones, but company covers the monthly bill.  I wouldnt do it otherwise.

And yes it is, but autocorrect played a litttle havoc on my typing as I look back at what I wrote.